Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So it belongs to the club and no one can boot us out of it?"

"As long as its use remains the same and the taxes are paid, no one can say anything to you, unless town council passes a vote to change the purpose of the land, but that won't happen. I know for a fact that the town has designated that land and all the land along Euclid, to be commercial. Rest assured boys, as long as the building remains standing, it will be your clubhouse."

"Jake did all of this for us? Why?"

"I can well imagine that you're all curious as to why he did this. I was too, quite frankly, but after he told me, it made sense and it will to you as well."

They listened to Arthur describe the conversation between himself and Jake and what had transpired in it. More and more, they understood how Jake felt about them and who they were. Jake had felt himself come alive again, because of them and the club they formed. He could see each one of them like a son and three of the young men sitting in front of Arthur, had made a significant enough impression, to warrant a place in his will. JT felt a deeper sense of honour towards Jake and silently vowed to make sure he was honoured well by him.

"Okay, moving on. As to Jake's motorcycle, one 1949 Harley Davidson, blue in colour. He wishes you to have that, John. It was his belief that you would appreciate it more than anyone else and take care, to keep it in good running order."

JT was speechless and overwhelmed, while Clay showed his resentment in his expression.

"Clay, Jake has left you his 1957 Cadillac Eldorado convertible and his 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire convertible. I have the keys to both vehicles here in my possession and they are stored at his place in Lodi. He has stated that you have always wanted them, so he asks that you take good care of them."

Clay didn't look all that happy to be receiving his inheritance and JT wondered why. Whatever it was, he tried to assume it was more about avenging Jake, than receiving his stuff. The subject of money came up and attentions were given to Arthur.

"Jake had an insurance policy for twenty five thousand dollars, that he was leaving to his estate, more or less to tidy up things and pay for his funeral. He bequeathed it to you boys, minus his costs for taking care of his affairs, but there's still quite a sum left over. After reading through it, it appears there's an indemnity clause that states, should Jake meet with an untimely end, anything other than natural, or suicide, his policy is doubled, so the amount in total, is fifty thousand dollars, minus of course, the expenses previously mentioned."

"So like forty thousand, give or take?"

"Around that, John. He made you executor of his estate, so from here on in, you are in charge of dealing with his affairs. I will of course assist you in any way, legally that is, to make all necessary changes to the titles of property and transfer all monies to your account. I have everything in a trust account, at present, so once I have the number to your account, I can have the bank transfer it."

"Shit...sorry. I don't have an account anywhere."

"Not a problem, John. You can open one at any bank and I'll take care of it from there."

"Thank you so much, Art. This has changed our day considerably, from what it started out like. I have to go to Dubrowski's now and get that attended to now. This is going to make things so much easier, knowing I have the cash to pay for things. I want to do my best for my mom and give her the best funeral I can."

"Dubrowski's will do an excellent job and they'll attend to all the details. I think we're pretty well finished here for now, gentlemen. Once you have the account number for me, I'll have the funds transferred to you. The other thing Jake asked me to do, was take of you all, as your club's attorney. Should any of you need advice or representation, just call the office and I'll see to your needs. We can discuss the fees I charge later, but for now, take care of yourselves and we'll be in touch. Thank you for coming in."

"No, thank you, Art. You have made us all very happy guys today. The club is going to breathe a big sigh of relief, knowing we haven't lost everything. The only thing we really need now, is a place to live. With the motel closed, we lost our places and now we have a dozen people looking for a new one. We have some friends out in Calaveras, but that's too far to ride every day to come into work and back. With this money, we should be able to finish the clubhouse and at least the guys can live there through the week, while we're working and then take a ride out to see the girls on the weekend."

"The shit just never stops piling up for you John, does it? I have no idea how to help you there, I'm afraid."

They were surprised to hear Arthur let down his guard and talk shop with them like that, but the answer didn't help with anything at all. They thanked him once again, as they shook his hand and walked out of the office. Before JT started up, he looked at the guys beside him.

"I'm really liking this Fate guy. Yesterday and today, totally blows my mind. Couple days ago, I felt like dying and now it's like I have the best life ever, like everything is going our way."

The other three thought back and had to agree on the complete switch in events and how everything played out. Bikes were started with happy faces, as they headed off to Dubrowski's with easier hearts in their mission. The short ride across town, was met with stares and faces of disgust, as the four riders blared through the core of Charming and let everyone now they were there.

The staff at Dubrowski's were very polite and respectful to them, despite their appearance. They sat with a young woman, dressed very conservatively and listened to what the choices were in services. JT asked what the best service was and without question, ordered it. The topic of coffins was brought up and the girls had given their thoughts to the best choice for her. The brochure was shown and they picked the one that looked closest to the description. All the necessary personal items were asked for and JT said he'd have to talk to his aunt and have her pick out the best pictures and which dress she should be dressed in.

Jake was the next issue he had to talk to them about and they assured him, that once the police released the body to them, they would have him prepared and his arrangements taken care of.

The meeting was over and spirits were lifted from a burden of emotional weight, lessening the hardship each heart had to bear. The cost, despite being as lavish as JT requested, was only eight thousand and change, leaving them just over forty thousand dollars for the club. Each head had thoughts about the money, but only the thoughts in one head, weren't about personal gain. JT rode along Euclid slowly, his mind on materials for the clubhouse and materials for Moon and the others. It was a blessing, a gift of Fate, that the money was given to them and JT wanted to put it to its best use.

They pulled into the lot and found the gate open, driving down and seeing the bus and the Chev parked down by the door to the clubhouse. They parked the bikes and went in, where everyone was engaged in smoking on one of several joints being passed around. They were passed to them and Keith got out of JT's favourite chair and stood with Gloria. They waited until JT was seated and finished toking, the looks of expectation on all their faces.

"Good news, everyone. Very good news. Seems the man we knew as Jake Harding, had feelings for us, the club that is, and left his business to Clay and me and made sure the clubhouse belongs to the club forever. Not only that, he left us his insurance money and it's more than enough for us to finish this place off and get stuff for the house in Calaveras. It'll be a couple of days, before I get the money, but, when I do, we are building an addition and finishing this place off as soon as we can. I was thinking on the way back here, that the guys are going to have to live here, at least the ones working here. No way we can be riding fifty miles here and back every day, especially not when it's raining."

"That's understandable, but where will you stay?"

"Right here, Moon. We'll have rooms for four and be able to make a kitchen and stuff to cook and eat. We'll ride out on Fridays after work and stay until Monday morning and make a big ride in, unless it's going to rain and we leave early or something. I don't know all of it, but that was what my head was wrapping around, while we on our way back. Now, the money is club money, so we need to vote on what we do with it, but as Mr. Lowen said, we have to take care of Jake's affairs first and then make sure the taxes and whatever else shit we need to pay, is paid and then whatever is left, is what we have to spend. So, seeing as all the guys are present, we can have a meeting and discuss the money and what to do with it. Let's do that tonight here and then head out to the farm later on."

The club members agreed and happy smiles were worn by all, as the day was played out in Fate's hands. The decision to go to St. Thomas was made and everyone packed up and got in the car and bus, the guys getting on their bikes. The rumble of the noise was frowned upon by many at the hospital, as they pulled in and parked. More frowns and disparaging looks were given by those inside, as they went to the waiting area. JT and Piney went to the desk nurse and asked about Marlene and what room she was in.

JT and Piney went down the hall to room 308 and saw a police officer stationed outside her door. He patted both guys down for weapons of any kind and then let them go in. Marlene was lying peacefully, most likely asleep, when they went in. The click of the door had her slowly open her eyes and look at them. It took her a few moments to focus her eyes and her brain, then recognized JT and weakly smiled.

"JT, how nice that you came and Piney too."

"Hi Marlene, how are you feeling?"

"Other than a couple of shots to my tits, I'm doing alright. JT, I'm so sorry about Jake."

Marlene's attempt at humour was weak, but the mention of Jake had her tearing up. JT held her hand and felt hers tighten on his, as she fought back from crying. Once she had herself under control again, JT spoke his thoughts.

"This was your husband that did this, wasn't it?"

The admission shocked Marlene, that the truth was known by him.

"How do you know?"

"I figured it out myself. Only one person I know, would want to do this."

Marlene looked at JT and knew she couldn't lie to him.

"It was Clive. He caught me and Jake in bed, pulled out his gun and called me a piece of shit whore and Jake a low life scumbag, then he shot Jake and then shot me. Last thing I remember, was him smiling at me, then I passed out and woke up in here."

JT and Piney expressed their sympathies to her suffering and she took both their hands in hers, her eyes expressing her thanks, that she was not to blame for their mentor's death.

"I need to ask you something, Marlene and I hope you tell me everything."

"I'll try, what is it?"

"I want to know everything about your husband and I mean everything."

"Why do you want to know about him? What are you planning, JT?"

JT looked at Piney and with strength and determination set on his face, looked at Marlene again.

"We're going to take him out. He's going to pay for what he did to Jake and you. I need to know where your place on Southridge Rd. is and if I can do it there, or is there a better place to do it?"

"JT, you have no idea what you're getting into. Clive is connected to some very bad people. Please don't get involved."

Marlene's face was a vision of worry, as she looked at JT, but he wasn't phased by the warning.

"Too late. He made me involved, when he pulled the trigger. We've made our decision and we're just hoping you can tell us anything that will help us."

Marlene could see that anything she said, wouldn't dissuade them from their focus and intent. She looked at JT, then to Piney, seeing the same strength of conviction in them.

"If you try to do it at the house, he'll have no less than two guys with him. Benjy and Dominic are always with him. JT, Clive isn't a businessman, not the way you think of it. He's connected to the mob, that operate out of Las Vegas. I met a few of them once, when they came out to the house and trust me JT, they are not nice men. How many nice men do you know, that carry guns around all the time?"

JT and Piney could see the stress they were causing Marlene, by asking her about it, so JT did his best to calm her down and relieve her of the worry.

"Well, if you put it that way, maybe we should let the cops handle it."

Marlene was visibly happier, hearing him say that.

"Good idea, JT."

JT changed the talk back to her, taking her mind off the previous subject matter.

"How long did the docs say you'd be in here?"

"Couple of weeks, at least. Have to wait until the lungs have healed properly and then I can get these tubes out of me."

"Yeah, they must suck being stuck in you. Does it hurt much, where he shot you?"

"Yes, specially if I breathe in too hard. Not doing anything strenuous for a while, that's for sure. Surgeon told me it was my breasts that saved my life. The bullets didn't do as much damage, because they slowed them down, or something. Guess big tits are like having protection from bullets, too bad they weren't made of steel and they bounced off, like Superman."

Marlene gently cupped the sides of her breasts, as she explained, JT and Piney unable to avoid staring at their size and shape, Marlene could see their interest and smiled.

"Hope they still look good with bullet holes in them."

That took away anything sexual in their thoughts, as they imagined the scars and the cause.

"Would you like to see anyone else? Everyone is in the waiting room, wanting to know how you are and if they can just say hi."

Marlene was taken by surprise, by the acknowledgement of so many who were there to see her.

"Everyone? All the guys?"

"And girls, even Moon and all his people are out there."

"The hippie people that camped out, are wanting to see me, too?"

"Yes. They are really, great people, Marlene, they really are. Suzy and Azure are really anxious to see you."

"Azure? Who's that?"

"Oh, Annie is called that now. She's living with them now and they gave her that name. Suzy is Stardust, but she still likes Suzy."

Marlene found a smile and let it grow on her face, then almost laughed, but the pain hit and stopped it immediately. She held her hand to her breast, where the wound was and winced at the pain.

"No laughing either, I guess. Shit, that hurts. Okay, maybe just Suzy and Annie for now and I'll say hi to the others later. Tell them all thank you so much for caring about me and I appreciate their kindness and I'll try and see them a bit later, when I'm up to it. But for now, yeah, let me see my girls, I miss them."

JT and Piney wondered what it was she missed about them, but they smiled and went out to the others and told the girls Marlene wanted to see them and told the others her wishes. Suzy and Azure scurried to the room and slowly opened the door. Marlene smiled happily and the girls went in and sat on the bed to either side of her. She took a hand each in hers and looked at them, a mix of sadness and happiness, as well as a longing in her eyes and on her face. Azure leaned forward and softly kissed her lips, making Marlene moan slightly in missed pleasures. She sat back and Suzy leaned in after her. Marlene accepted the kiss, enjoying the interaction between them again.

"I missed you girls, I really did."

Suzy and Azure were happy knowing how they were thought of by her and assured her they felt the same.

"We missed you, too. You have no idea what you've done for us, Marlene. Because of you teaching us about stuff, we have learned so much about ourselves now. You'd love what we're doing now, you really would."

"What's that, Sweetheart?"

Marlene could sense the excitement in them, wondering what they had discovered.

"Free love. It's the greatest thing ever."

"Okay, explain that one to me. What's free love?"

"Okay, you know JT is my boyfriend, right?"

"Yes."

"Well, even though he's my boyfriend, I can make out with any of the guys and it's cool. He can make out with any of the girls."

"You're shitting me? You can fuck whoever you want and it's all okay?"

"Yup. Just last night, we made out with every guy there and Golden made me cum three times, right in front of everybody."

"Who's Golden?"

Azure got her attention from Suzy.

"She's my soul twin. You really have to meet her, she's so beautiful and loving."

"Wait, Golden? Isn't she the one that showed up just after I arrived? Long, blonde hair and the dark tanned skin?"

"Yes, that's her. Honestly, you really should meet her soon."

"I'll try and see everyone soon, but right now, I'm still really tired and hurt like a bitch."

"I wish we could help take your pain away. The girls could only imagine how sore it must feel, being shot there."

"Trust me, it's really painful. Not going to be so pretty to look at any more, not with a couple of big scars on them."

"Who cares about scars? They'll still look nice, to us, anyway."

Marlene could see the love the girls had for her and she was feeling very touched by it.

"I do love you both, I really do."

"We love you, Marlene. Now, get better real fast, okay? I want a big hug and kiss once you can do it."

"I'll do my best, Sweetie. Now, give me a kiss and come back soon, I need to rest for a bit."

The girls smiled, knowing they had brought a glimmer of happiness, to an otherwise crushed soul. They could only imagine what Marlene must have to think about, as she lay there with nothing else to do. Losing her life long lover, her husband shooting her, wanting her dead. Her life ruined and never to be anywhere close to what it was. Life was at its nadir, coming to the lowest point she could reach. Loving kisses were given by both girls to Marlene and the gentlest of hugs offered. The girls could see it in Marlene's eyes and the look on her face, they were all she had for friends, or any other relationship now.

They blew kisses, as they walked out the door and Marlene pretended to catch them, smiling at the presents. The door closed and her smile quickly changed shape to a depressed frown again. How could she find happiness now, her lover dead, her marriage over, her life ruined? Getting better, meant leaving the hospital and suddenly, there was no place for her to go to. Marlene immediately felt an abandonment from life. The flimsy facade she had lived, was over, never something she could return to, or want to.

All she had now, were nine young men and their girlfriends, as anything resembling a friend. It saddened her to think that she no one her own age she could call a friend, one who cared about her. The only women she knew, were the wives of the men Clive brought home, but they were as shallow as she was. Her life was nothing but an endless want, never being happy with anything she had, because there was always more to be had and money bought it. Jake had satisfied every sexual want she had, now that was gone, as well. In the time it took for four bullets to be fired, so much had happened and so much had changed. Life was taken with seriousness now, realizing how short and fragile it could be.

The life she had lived belonged to Clive, as it was all his money she spent to acquire and maintain it anyway. She had no job skills, no way of supporting herself, once she had to start living again. Clive might have to pay her alimony, if she got her divorce, but the first cheque, would most likely be the only one she received, because he'd send it along with a bullet and make it her last.