Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I was hoping you'd say that. I told the guys about this idea and it'll only work, if you help us, me especially."

"I said I'd do whatever I could to help you kill him JT, what do you have in mind."

"I want to sit down with this Gianni guy, or even his son and tell him what I want to do. I bet he'd go for it and here's why I think he would. Clive fucked up, so no way he can get out of that. Jimmy is going to have to get rid of his Caddy and that's going to piss him off big time, because I bet he really likes that car. So that's strike one. Strike two, he tried to kill you and he killed Jake, so he's a wanted man and sooner or later, he's going to get caught and he might rat them out to get off, or a lesser sentence time, or something, so that's a swing and a miss. Strike three, because he tried to kill you and you know so much about him and those guys as well, that they don't want you telling everybody about them, so they'd rather see him go away, instead of him trying to finish what he started."

Marlene's attitude kept changing, the more she heard and by the time JT had explained the facts as they were, it didn't sound like the suicidal mission that it did at the start.

"I'm thinking it should go something like this. You call them and talk to them, because they'll know who you are. You tell them about us and let me talk to him after. We'll set up a meeting somewhere safe and talk about our plan. We'll have our guns, if they have theirs, but we'll ask to keep them out of this. I can't see why they'd say no. They get rid of a problem and don't have to do a thing and you're life is out of danger again and no worries about all the trial and court shit. You give them your assurance you won't talk and everything goes back to normal.'

"JT, JT, JT. You make it all sound so easy. Your putting a lot of faith in Gianni to do this. He could just as easily take care of Clive and me and get back to normal again. My assurance means nothing to them. The only assurances they have, are dead people. It does sound good though and I guess it's up to me to see if he'll take the meeting. I know he likes me, Lord knows he's hit on me enough, so that might cut me some slack with him. He knows I can keep my mouth shut, because I do know some things that could be damaging and haven't said anything. He'll know that anything I know, will be held by someone, in case something happens to me, so that puts something in my favour, so yeah, I'll give Gianni Cacuzza a call and see how it goes. Are you guys really going to do it? Not the meeting, killing Clive, I mean."

"Marlene, every guy that rides with me, is waiting for the moment that they can empty a clip into him. If we get to him, he'll look like a fucking pencil, he'll have so much lead in him."

Marlene tried not to imagine the sight of such a thing happening, but the blackness of revenge in her heart wanted to. Something inside her wanted him to suffer greatly at JT's hands and those of his club members. They would be her angels of death, the ones who would ride into his life and cast him from the face of the earth, one where she would still walk freely.

"I am praying for you JT, you and all your club. I know what you're doing and why you're doing it. I owe you all so much for what you've done. I paid for a headstone for Jake, at least I can still phone and do something for him. I asked if I could go to his funeral, but they aren't sure if that's a good idea. I hate the thought of not being there, JT. He's the love of my life and I'd be crushed, if I couldn't be there."

"Give me a minute. Wayne is outside and I know the guy from way back. Let me talk to him and see if we can find a way to get you there safely."

Before Marlene said anything, JT got up and went to the hallway. Wayne was leaning back on the back legs of the chair and greeted him.

"Hey, JT. How's things in there, okay?"

"Yeah, Marlene is doing okay. There's one thing that's really bothering her though and that's not getting to Jake's funeral. She said you guys were worried about her safety."

"Yeah, we have no idea who it is that did it and if he wants to come back and finish her off."

"What if she stays in the car, until it's time and then me and the guys will surround her, so she can be protected from any angle. She can say goodbye to him and we can get her back in the car safely afterwards. She'll come right back here and be under guard again. No way anyone will get a chance to get near her. Come on, Wayne, you gotta let her go. She's loved the guy her whole life and it's her last and only chance to say goodbye to him."

Wayne thought about JT's offer and what they were willing to do. If he went along, at least there would be an officer present and that would make ten men protecting her. With that much manpower, he couldn't imagine anyone getting a chance to get to her.

"I'll run it by the chief and see what he says. All the guys will be there right? I'll try and swing it, that if I go along, it'll be a detail of ten men watching out for her. He doesn't have to worry about overtime and such. Cheap is cheap and he's as cheap as they come, like it comes out of his pocket, or something."

"Thanks Wayne, I really appreciate this. I really liked the guy, I mean as much as saying, I loved the guy like a dad, you know. I want to know he had the best we could give him and it would mean everything, if Marlene was there."

"Yeah, he did a lot for you guys, but you did a lot for him too. Talking to the fellas at the station, they were telling me he wasn't doing so well, then you guys showed up. Said they never seen him so happy. Like you guys brought him back to life, or something."

"Really? What was going on before we got there?"

"From what I got out of it, he was sliding back down and heading for jail again. Most wondered if he'd hit the bottle and get back into his old ways. You guys turned him around some how and gave him something to live for, I guess."

"No way? We did that? I know he liked riding and all that, but I didn't know we helped him get over something."

"Looks that way. Okay, my relief will be here real soon and I'll go talk to the chief about your idea and see what he says. I don't see him saying no, myself. I know he wasn't all that keen on telling her no before."

"Thanks a million, Wayne."

JT shook his hand and went back in. Marlene saw the smile he couldn't hide and had one for herself because of it.

"What did he say?"

"I told him my idea and he's going to run it by the chief and see what he says. He thinks it'll be okay and he said the chief wasn't happy saying no to you before, so this might change his mind."

"JT, I love you, I really do. You make me so happy. I couldn't ask for anything more than that. Thank you, thank you so much."

JT looked at Marlene and saw the love she was talking about. There was no lust in it, nothing but the joy of happiness of one heart being touched so deeply by another. He wanted to hug her, but he was afraid to hurt her and Marlene could see that.

"Sweet man, when I'm well enough, I'll hug you and show you how much I love you. As weird as it sounds, Jake would be so proud of you, right now. I know he'd be happy, knowing I was being taken care of so well."

"Funny, I think of him like a father, but I don't think of you like a mother. You're something different."

"Different? Like what?"

"Like, someone older that I wouldn't think of mom things to do with."

"Ah. It all becomes clear now."

"What becomes clear?"

"Why I make you so nervous. I'm your older woman crush. It's alright, pretty well every young man has one at one point. You can date as many girls as you like, but you'll see, or be with that one certain woman who does it for you. Something just hits you when you see her and you get all hot and bothered for her. What was it about me, that got you going?"

JT had nowhere to hide from the question, the truth so flagrantly exposed by her.

"Your smell."

"My smell? I smell?"

"No, no, not like smell, like it was bad, like your natural smell."

"Oh, my natural scent, you mean."

"Yeah, that."

"Interesting."

"What is?"

"That you find the scent of my body so stimulating. That's what got Jake into me. He loved how I smelled to him. You're a lot like him in many ways, you know that?"

"I am?"

"Yes. You have the same heart as he did. You like so many of the same things and done so many as well. You know, it occurred to me, I never asked how your mother's funeral went the other day."

"Oh, it was good. I saw my aunt and cousin and Mr. Lowen showed up. A bunch of mom's old friends came to say goodbye and even a couple of women she used to work with came. The flowers you sent were really nice, thanks. There were lots of really nice flowers that people bought for her, that made me feel better. I guess what made me feel the best, if you could call it that, was seeing my parents together again. The people at Dubrowski's really helped with that, getting the cemetery people to do that for me. Reverend Madock did the service for her and said some really nice things about her, too."

Marlene saw how talking about it, was bringing JT into a state of sadness and didn't want him dwelling on it too much.

"I'm sure her soul is happy and at rest, JT, for all you did for her."

"Yeah, I hope so anyway. Now we have to say goodbye to Jake in two days. I hope we can do as well for him."

Marlene caressed his cheek gently and kissed it softly.

"We will, JT. After tomorrow, you'll know it was done right for him."

JT looked at Marlene with hope stained on his face.

"I hope it is, Mar, I hope it is."

"It will be."

JT took some comfort in Marlene's words, but until the ceremony was over, that would be the telling point of success, or failure. The door knocked, signalling the girls return and the end of their private conversation. JT went and let them in and nodded to Wayne again, before closing the door.

"Have a nice talk, you two?"

"We talked and got things straight. Thanks for giving us that time."

"Baby, I know you need lots of space right now. You're going through so much and still so much to take care of. I just want you to know that I'm always here for you, whenever you need me."

"Thanks Babe, that means a lot to me."

"We're all here for you, JT. Everyone is ready to do whatever it takes to help. No one expects you to do this all by yourself."

"It's great having friends, it really is."

"We love you, JT, you're a very beautiful man, inside and out."

"Thanks, but we'll stop there. Beautiful, I ain't."

"I think you'll get lots of disagreement with that, JT. At least from what I've seen so far and what I know about you."

JT raised his hands for them to stop, not wanting any more compliments shed on him.

"Thanks girls, that's nice of you to say all that about me, but that's enough, okay?"

The girls pouted their inability to continue praising him, but relented to his wishes.

"I better phone the shop now. Those guys were expecting me, like an hour ago. We have to get into town and buy some suits. The guys felt bad about not dressing better for my mom's funeral, so they want to look better for Jake this time."

"Sherman's downtown will be the place to get those. Harry makes the best suits in town, trust me."

"Thanks, Marlene. Sherman's huh? We'll head over as soon as we're ready to roll. I can't wait actually, some of those guys have never been in a suit, so it should be fun to watch."

"Do you still need my car?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind? Hard to get nine guys around without it."

"Use it as long as you like, Sweetie, I'm not going anywhere in it, anytime soon. Just don't wreck it, I'll be pissed if you scratch it, or dent it."

"I treat it like a Rolls-Royce, Mar. I won't let anything happen to it."

"Good. I may hate that bastard, but I love that car."

JT crossed his heart and saluted like a boy scout.

"I promise. Now, I better make that call to them and get my ass out of here."

JT went over to the phone and called the shop. Piney picked up right away and JT told him he was ready to get picked up.

"It's about time, man. You've been there for almost two hours now."

"Sorry brother, had a few other things to attend to while I was here. It's all good now, so let's do it, Piney."

"Be there in five. Meet me at the door."

"Will do. See you."

He hung up and looked at the three women on the couch. Marlene had them cuddled in beside her and they were caressing her legs and leaning in to her.

"I take it you three will be okay?"

"Oh yes, we'll be just fine, JT. I have a cop at the door protecting us and two sweet girls to keep me company."

"Yeah, I guess you will. Have fun, you guys."

"Come say goodbye and go be with your buddies, JT."

JT went to Azure and gave her a hug and kiss, then to Marlene and finally Suzy, who he lavished more attention on.

"See you tonight, Baby. Save some of that lovin' for me, okay?"

"I'll have more lovin' for you, than you can handle, Babe."

JT smiled happily and walked to the door. He looked at the three nestled comfortably on the couch and knew that once the door closed, something sexual would transpire between them, in one way, or another. He thought to himself briefly, how fun it must be, being a woman and doing the things they did. He smiled and walked out the door, heading down to the front door, to wait for Piney. He rolled up in Marlene's car and stopped in front of him. JT got in and they headed off to the clubhouse. Once there, he gathered everyone and they headed to the downtown core and Sherman's.

It was as amusing as JT thought it would be, watching the guys try to put themselves together in a suit and tie. Harry Sherman was just as amused and had them all stop and wait, while he went to each guy and helped put him together properly. In ten minutes, he had nine dishevelled men, look as dapper as the best dressed men in magazines, except for the long hair and the facial growths.

Harry took an elastic band and pulled JT's hair back and put it in a pony tail, lessening the look of his scruffiness. JT looked in the mirror at his image and was surprised to see how he looked. The others thought it was a good look on him and looked for elastic bands themselves. Harry had them all stand in a line and looked each of them from head to toe, fixing and straightening ties and shirt sleeves. As foreign as the suits felt, they did their best to wear them well.

"Okay, you guys are looking pretty good. If I may make a suggestion though, you all need better footwear to do those suits justice. If you go down the street to the left, you'll come to Goodwin's and he has a great selection of shoes."

"Do we have to take the suits off first?"

"You know, hang on. Let me pin those pants cuffs first and then go down. You'll have a better idea what looks good with them."

"Thanks, Mr. Sherman. I think I speak for all the guys, when I say that we'd be dead in the water, without your help."

"My pleasure, gentleman. Now, one at a time, just step up on the podium and I'll set those cuffs with pins."

JT went first and then the others took their turn and once everyone was done, they headed down the street in their suits, to appraising looks from some women and nods from some men. The guys enjoyed the change in attitude towards them, but they knew it was only the clothes and not the person wearing them, that they approved of. They got to Goodwin's and JT held the door for the guys and followed them in.

The sound of the bell, brought George Goodwin from the back and through the curtain. He looked at the well dressed, young men and wasn't sure what to make of them at first. JT approached him and held his hand out to him.

"Mr. Goodwin?"

"Yes."

"Hi, Mr. Sherman said we should come down and see you about some shoes for our new suits. We have to have the pants adjusted to fit the shoes, he said you could help us out."

George looked at him and then to the others and then looked at the shoes they were wearing. He almost laughed, seeing such fine suits, worn with scruffy boots and shoes.

"Sure. Have a look on that rack on the wall and the one across from it. That's all my shoes for men. I guessing it's a formal affair of some kind, so stick more to the rack on the wall, the other side is more casual. Let me know if you need any help."

Before George made a move to the back again, Tom asked him something almost every guy wanted to ask.

"I don't know what size my feet are now, can you do the measurement thing?"

"Sure. Have a seat and take your right shoe off."

One by one, the guys slipped their right shoes and boots off and waited to be measured. They went to the rack and looked for their size. After numerous tries, they found a pair that they liked and felt good wearing. The nine pair of shoe boxes were put on the counter, while the guys held their old footwear and got used to the new shoes and break them in a bit. JT called for George and he reappeared and saw all the boxes on the counter. His smile was happily shown, knowing the dollar value of the sale.

"Did you each find a pair you liked?"

The guys pulled up their pants legs and showed him their choices. He looked at each pair and nodded his approval.

"Nice choices, gentlemen, very nice. They'll last you a good long time, as long as you take care of them. Is this all on one bill, or separately?"

"Make it one, Mr. Goodwin, I'll pay for them all."

George smiled happily, ringing each pair up and watching the total rise. JT peeled off six hundred dollars and handed it to George, who tucked the bills in the register and gave JT back forty three dollars and change.

"If you need anything else, please come back and I'll get what you need."

"Thanks again, Mr. Goodwin, you've been a great help."

"My pleasure boys. You say hi and thanks to Harry, I'll be up to see him soon. Thanks for coming in."

"Have a great day. yourself."

"Next time, call me George, okay?"

"You got it, George."

They left to a friendly wave and returned it, as they strolled down the street again to Sherman's. Once again, heads turned to admire the dapper crew, more than smiles given by some women to show their approval in their looks and were given smiles back, the guys enjoying the attention. They came back in and Harry was ready for them and didn't waste time, getting their pants cuffed to the right height. The guys were actually hesitant in taking the suits off, so Harry could hem them all on the sewing machine. Dressed in their normal clothes and their cuts, they became themselves again, the charade over.

Harry was done in half an hour and came out with the finished suits, all covered in plastic wrapping to protect them.

"I wrote the names on the tags, so just pick yours out. They're all hemmed and pressed, so you guys will look top notch. Tie your hair back like I showed you and you'll look spiffy."

The guys laughed at the word spiffy, not hearing that term used, since their fathers time.

"Yeah, I liked that look, made me look all grown up looking."

"We all have to grow up one day, don't we?"

"Speak for yourself, Mr. Sherman. We never want to grow up, not if it means having to give up riding."

"Yeah, I see you boys riding through town. You look like you're having fun. Damn noisy though. Makes the windows rattle, every time you go by."

"Really? Sorry about that. We didn't know that happened. We'll try and keep the noise down, when we come through town then. I guess it would be annoying to hear us and have the windows vibrate."

"Hey, don't get me wrong, you guys ride your bikes through town, just thought you should know about that."

"Good to know. We don't want people hating us and we don't know why."

"Don't think people will hate you, but they'll be a might tiffed after a while."