Reflections of Night and Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Slowly, Aurora shook her head.

Long dark hair fell to mask a blushing face. Timidly, Selene reached out a trembling hand. She gently touched it to Aurora's finger then almost fearfully caressed the finger with her fingertip. "You," she said with a raspy voice, "are the person to whom the note was written. You were the one meant to find it."

Aurora cursed the lump in her throat which trapped the words she longed to say. She looked again to the sea while tears stung bitterly at her eyes.

"If not for you, I would never have had the desire to fight the currents. I would have let them pull me under, but instead I made it to shore very close to where you washed up," Selene admitted. She felt her hand ensnared tenderly within a trembling hand. It gave her the courage to go on, but nearly stole her breath. It seemed an odd sort of preface for the words which left her next. "After I caught my breath, I cried. I just couldn't seem to keep the tears from coming."

Their eyes met again causing the usually withdrawn Selene to blush all the more in her struggle for openness.

"I smoothed your hair," Selene whispered,"and I watched over you. As I did, I kept wondering how it was possible for you to have my face, my eyes. Your hair was so much darker when it was wet and we looked the same in that moment." She sighed, wondering just what she was saying. "I know it sounds crazy. It seemed crazy to me while I was thinking it then and I suppose, it still does."

Aurora shook her head. "No, it doesn't sound crazy at all. I've been wondering the same thing." She swallowed at the lump in her throat and commanded herself to return the honesty she had been shown. "All my life, I've had these dreams that were very. . . intense." She stammered while struggling to explain something she'd never discussed with another soul. "Sometimes they weren't dreams at all. Sometimes it was like I felt as though I knew of something bad or even something really good that seemed to be happening to someone else. . . someone I was tied to." Her thumb came to stroke idly over Selene's soft hand. "It made me believe that somewhere out there I had a cosmic twin, a soul mate."

Selene's beautiful eyes were brimming with tears as she listened.

"In the past few weeks, my dreams have intensified. I no longer felt like I was simply aware of a closeness to someone else. It was more like I was partially living someone else's experiences." Aurora gazed down at a bare wrist. She retrieved a cherished trinket from her pocket.

Staring intently upon the adornment within the woman's hand, Selene's lips parted into a tender smile. "My bracelet." She sighed happily at the sight of the precious heirloom. "I thought it was lost in the ocean."

Aurora gently returned the bracelet to its home at Selene's wrist. "I was determined to return it to you one day," she said. Her head tilted in observance. She donned an almost dreamy expression as her thoughtfulness overtook her. "It's funny, but each time I see this bracelet, I can't get over how familiar it looks. I've felt a draw to it since the first time I saw it."

Selene nodded quietly. "When you tried to save me."

"No," Aurora corrected with a smile. "I saw you or at least glimpsed you at the coffeehouse on---" Her words were cut off by the voice sorting through thoughts aloud.

"The woman outside the coffee shop," Selene remembered. That day she had fought her shyness long enough to take a fleeting look over her shoulder. She had just managed to see an auburn haired woman walking away. "That was you?!"

Aurora nodded.

"I knew I recognized something about your voice. It just seemed so familiar."

"I didn't see much more than your silhouette and your bracelet that day," Aurora said, "but I remember a feeling of familiarity." Leisurely, she touched her fingertips over the bracelet. "Where did you get it? Perhaps I could have seen it before in a shop window or---"

Selene shook her head. "All I know is that it was left to me by my mother. She died when I was just a toddler. I can only remember glimpses of her face and sometimes I think I remember what her voice sounded like, but that grows fuzzy with age." Lost in thought, she paused.

When at last the raven haired woman awoke from her thoughts, she continued. "I was put up for adoption and bounced around from home to home because I was 'too sullen'.When I was old enough to truly understand the importance of what my mother left me, it just left me more confused and lost than ever." She lifted her tearful eyes to meet Aurora's gaze. "This bracelet and a letter she wrote to me before she died are all I have of her."

Holding one another's gaze, Aurora and Selene found a kind of silent language. Together, they spoke where words might fail. They voiced an understanding of the other that neither had ever found in anyone. In those moments where the roar of the ocean faded to a lull, they took one another by the hands.

"That day," Selene began, "when you did all you could to save. . ." Her voice trailed off. It took her several moments before she could speak again. "I made you a promise."

Aurora's brows knit together in a thoughtful frown."What was the promise?"

"I promised you that we would see each other again and that until that time, I would hold you ---or at least the memory of you--- with the same intensity that you once held me."

Tears ran hotly down the soft expanse of her cheeks. Aurora moved her hand to gently rest against Selene's jaw. She felt the quick-running current of tears coming to touch her palm. Lovingly, she smoothed her thumb over the woman's silken skin.

"I knew you were out there. . . somewhere," Aurora whispered passionately. "I just knew it. I could feel you and no matter what I'd seen, no matter what commonsense kept telling me to believe, I just couldn't let myself believe that you were really gone."

Overcome with her emotions, Selene felt her chest swelling. She held her breath in a lengthy silence then released it and her hushed words in a trembling stream. "I want so much to. . ." Desperately, she fought to speak. "---but I---"

Aurora leaned forward, silencing the doubts and the insecurities remaining to separate them. She touched her lips to moist softness with a bit of determined need. Her hand moved from its home at a strong jaw to tenderly cradle the base of Selene's head. With fingers tangled and grew lost within shining raven tresses, she caressed her lips over the woman, who could only exhale her desires into an accepting mouth.

Selene's eyes closed the moment she tasted the sweetness captivating her. She had been too shy to voice her longings, too fearful that her desires might not be returned. Those fears vanished from her conscious mind when she came to be enveloped by arms which promised so much.

Time was banished to a tremendous distance. They did not feel its presence while lost within their sensual embrace. Lips caressed lips with a leisurely softness. Then timidly, those lips parted to grant entrance to supple tongues.

As one, their heads tilted. They deepened their kiss as the quiet sound of purring caught deep within their throats. Trembling and breathless, they grew lost within the hands mapping over the body's sensuous planes.

Aurora gripped Selene more fiercely, crushing her body to hers. Her tongue moved inside the warm satin of Selene's mouth. The nails digging into her back caused her to hiss into her lover. She tensed, suddenly breaking their kiss to stare with burning eyes into the woman within her arms.

Selene's eyes were alive with swirling passions and shimmering tears. She fought for breath, her full lips parted to claim the air her lungs craved. There was a bit of uncertainty written upon her face. She wondered if Aurora had changed her mind, wondered if perhaps Aurora knew regret. Just as she began summoning the courage to confirm her fears, her hand was taken lovingly and she was helped to her feet.

Aurora ran with Selene following close behind. She felt their fingers interwoven tightly.

Before Selene's eyes, a powerful tempest caught within Aurora's hair. She watched the way it commanded the auburn tresses to whip across the woman's features, accentuating the horizon of her eyes.

Selene knew then. There was no doubt. Aurora's eyes had said it all. Aurora longed to be with her with the same incredible fire that scorched her dreams and with each passing moment her trembling body.

It hit Selene then with the might with which her body had once impacted into the sea. What she had wished for most had finally come to pass. She exhaled her words while staring ahead to the beautiful woman steadily claiming her being.

"She heard me."

~~~~~~~~~~

If the heart has a melody to which we all move, then its song released a bewitching chorus to which the lovers danced. Fluidly, they moved as one. Their hands were soothing softness, caressing the flesh newly-revealed as they undressed one another.

One by one, articles of clothing fell to the floor littered by a resolved search. That hunt didn't matter now. Aurora had found her lost lady in red. She held her fragrant flesh close to her own, delighting in the sheer satin feel of her skin.

"I need you," was heard echoing throughout the bedroom in a breathy whisper.

"I want you so much," came a raspy response.

Together they fell to the bed. Their legs intertwined while arms moved to solidify their entanglement.

Aurora suckled tenderly at Selene's upper lip. A distinct shiver ran down her spine with the feel of her bottom lip so lovingly held between the pearls of sharp teeth. She rolled their bodies over the lush surface of the bed. Then staring down at her lover, she took possession of Selene's mouth more passionately.

Selene cupped the face pressed to hers. She deepened their kiss, feeling her tongue seek to know every part of her lover's mouth.

With fevered palms never breaking contact with the skin, Selene's hands fell away from the strong jaw dancing beneath her touch. They ran down over shoulders taut with need and hungrily explored the back strong with ravenous desire. Manicured nails pierced deeply into flesh, leaving reminders upon the skin that in this bed a claim was laid.

Groaning lustfully, Aurora broke their kiss. Her lips moved with needy purpose over the line of a prominent jawline. She kissed and licked across the delicate skin between the chin and the neck. Her lavish attention to that area caused the woman beneath her to purr and bare her throat. Sealing her lips upon the raven haired woman's throat, she answered Selene's declaration of possession with a mark of her own. She smiled slowly against the flesh moistened by her saliva and red with her impression as Selene moaned and hissed.

Selene involuntarily arched her back. Her breathing grew labored at the teeth raking teasingly over the top swell of her right breast. She felt every sensation taking place within her body like a wave of feeling meant to drown her, but nothing controlled her more in that moment than the almost painful strain her nipple knew as it ached for the mouth so close.

Aurora closed her eyes, savoring the hardened nub nestling itself within the indentation of her chin and her bottom lip. She elongated her jaw causing her lip to brush over the sensitive rosebud. She felt her lip catch against its stiffened peak. Her tongue timidly ventured from her mouth.

"Oh God," Selene moaned. Her head fell back, crushing into the pillows.

Moving a hand away from its grip at Aurora's back, Selene snaked her hand up to tangle in long auburn hair. She clutched tightly as a hot tongue traveled slowly around her nipple. When she felt herself taken into the fierce warmth of a soft mouth, she breathed out her lover's name.

Her hands shook at the sound of her name exhaled with such passion and love. Aurora opened her eyes for a fleeting moment to take in the sight of Selene writhing in the pale sunlight. She pulled back slightly, granting the object of her feast a teasing tug.

Selene gasped then purred in approval. She relished the feel of the soft lips moving over her breast and down into the valley between. A slow stroke from a curious tongue brought about another low sound as it teased the undersides of her breasts. She all but held her breath as that famished mouth came to descend upon her left breast.

Aurora fed at the full and satiny orb of flesh until the quiet sounds which had been escaping from the dark-haired woman rose in volume and urgency. She ground her aching chest into the abdomen she felt beneath her. Her nipples stabbed longingly into Selene's skin, demanding the same attention which Aurora greedily lavished upon her lover.

Selene encircled the beautiful woman in her legs. She pulled her closer, purposely grinding her stomach against Aurora. Her eyes burned hotly into the woman whimpering beneath her breath.

Sliding lower, Aurora caught the scent in the air. She moaned with longing. Her fingertips pushed against Selene's thighs. Her right hand found a home at the back of a milky thigh. She pressed against it harder, causing Selene's innermost depths to spread before her eyes.

"Selene," Aurora purred.

Aurora's eyes gazed with love and hunger as she took in the smooth folds glistening with arousal's dew. The fragile flower blooming before her eyes was captivatingly beautiful and teeming with a heat that she could clearly feel against her face. She drew closer, inhaling deeply for the sheer delight of tasting the air.

Lips caressed swelling lips, growing anointed in the gloss of sex. Lazily, they ventured upward before sealing around a throbbing clit. Their loving embrace was a mask for the tongue which thrashed and whipped against the pulsating jewel.

Holding tighter to the shining tresses within her hand, Selene pulled Aurora closer. She fit herself tighter to the mouth she craved.

The moan to escape Aurora reverberated around Selene's clit profoundly. She could feel a state of frenzy rising inside her that matched her lover's in every degree. Searing kisses marked her descent. Then suddenly, she thrust her tongue inside Selene.

Back bowing from the bed, Selene cried out. She felt her smoldering depths pierced again and again as she was impaled by a stiffened tongue. Her thighs opened more, offering as much of herself to Aurora's hungers and she could.

Aurora gripped more fiercely at the thighs bidding entrance. She draped them over her shoulders while her tongue sought to know every hidden secret. The juices running hot against her cheeks were the very same which had caught possessively within her nostrils, demanding that their scent lace every breath. She swirled her tongue inside her, caressing her silken walls.

"So close," Selene panted again and again. She worked her hips in time with Aurora's thrusts, meeting her zeal.

Aurora moved her hands. One hand moved beneath Selene. She gripped firmly at the erotic swell of the woman's buttock while the other hand unsheathed Selene's clit, revealing the sensitive pearl awaiting her touch. She nuzzled the bridge of her nose against it before letting the ball of her thumb take over the task of massaging it.

Selene screamed. Her walls began to spasm uncontrollably around her lover's tongue. She sent a flood of nectars hotly into Aurora's open mouth. Her body shook violently. Her abdomen involuntarily clenched and tightened as if to release each drop of herself into Aurora. She rolled her head to the side. Her long black hair had fallen across her face. The strands nearest to her mouth were caught in the tempest gales of each labored breath.

Allowing her lover the opportunity to slowly come down, Aurora gentled her movements. She slowed them to a leisure which she, herself, did not feel. By the second, she felt her need rising. Her entire body shook with anticipation. Gazing up to her lover there was pleading in her eyes.

Selene's eyes fluttered open. She ran a trembling hand through her hair wet with perspiration. Her face was flushed with passion's fever. She recognized the need in dazzling dark eyes. Within the back of her throat a growl voiced her longing to be within Aurora.

She reached down. Her hands took Aurora's into them. Selene pulled Aurora upward with a suddenness that made the woman gasp against her lips.

They stared heatedly into one another before feverishly succumbing to their desire to kiss. Their kisses were intense and raw as if every longing they had ever known to kiss the one they'd been waiting for was manifesting itself in this moment, in this kiss. Their rasped breathing was a clearly heard duet to the seductive smacking of lips and muffled moans.

Aurora moaned a breathy request against her lover's lips between kisses. "Take me," she begged. "Please. . . I need you."

Selene groaned at Aurora's words. She hungrily claimed her lover's mouth again, kissing her with a passionate fury. Her hand was shaking as she brushed her fingertips over a thigh wet with excitement. She ran her nails along the line of an athletic inner thigh, tempting ever-higher.

Breaking their kiss, Selene looked between their bodies. She watched as Aurora parted her thighs more, desperately needing her touch. Her fingers slid along the length of Aurora's slit, feeling the swollen lips grazing the sides of her fingers.

Together, they moaned. Each held their breath in anticipation.

When her fingers brushed over a quivering opening, Selene pushed inside. She delved deeply, submerging herself in the intense heat of Aurora's wetness. Her fingers were gripped tightly by muscles of fiery satin. She kissed sensually over the chest heaving above her then nuzzled her nose between full breasts.

Aurora moved her hips wantonly. Her moans grew louder and more intense as she met each thrust. Her release was building. She could feel it steadily driving her mad. A third finger pushed inside of her, forcing her to cry out. Her back arched dramatically. The copious juices leaving her fell downward in an zealous attempt to coat the fingers and hand working to bring her such pleasure.

Fighting for air, Aurora breathed in sex. Her scent mixed heavily with her lover's in an erotic perfume. She shivered violently. Her eyes closed tightly. A sudden stillness overtook her. Her body went completely tense. She gasped aloud as her head fell back. From her lips, she released a volatile scream which joined the electric currents running hotly from her depths.

Selene pushed upward, thrusting against the sensitive surface of her lover's g-spot. Each thrust brought about a passionate cry until finally Aurora called out again, this time louder than before. The torrent of juices raced down her hand and wrist.

Aurora felt the strength leave her limbs. She fell in her exhaustion against Selene, who held her protectively while her other hand kept her fingers poised deeply within her.

When at last her breathing began to regulate itself, Aurora gazed deeply into Selene's eyes. She felt the sudden sting of tears. Her hand reached out to lovingly stroke her lover's cheek.

They peered with tenderness and love into one another. Their eyes were spellbound. Lovingly, they kissed, caring nothing for time or the world around them. Their lips moved with a sensual oneness. As they kissed, their passions rose again. They surrendered to them again and again until their bodies were spent.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Through the windows, the moon's light came warring through. It caught on the bracelet which had been the key to so much.

Selene laid at on her side with her arm and leg draped lovingly over Aurora. She nuzzled her nose into a soft auburn mane. "I have something I want to show you," she whispered.

Aurora turned her head slightly, taking in the sight of her lover. She nodded, but felt that she was already aware of what Selene wanted to reveal.