Rhythm Of The Rain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You look cold and wet, would you like some coffee?" I really didn't have a clever greeting for her; it was all I could think of.

"Yes please, if it's not too much trouble. John, I....... What I mean is.......We need to talk." She finally got out what she wanted to say. I noticed those four dreaded words again.

"Let's get dry and comfortable first; I'll get something to warm us up and then we can talk. Why don't you take a hot shower and warm up and I'll get you something to wear? I'll make some coffee, put your clothes in the drier and we can talk while they are drying."

I put the coffee on and lead Shannon to the guest bathroom and gave her a set of sweats to wear until her clothes were dry. While she was showering, I changed into sweats and went back to wipe the water and road dirt off my Harley. Shannon must have taken a very quick shower because she was standing in the door way watching me as I finished the bike.

She started to say something about last night and I stopped her again; I suggested we get our coffee and get comfortable before we did this "we have to talk" thing. I wasn't stalling or trying to put off something I may not want to hear because I had already come to a decision about "us".

During my one day sabbatical up on the mountain in the rain I had come to the conclusion, again, that it had to be all or nothing with Shannon. It was ironic that as a "player", I had dated and ran with many women at the same time but now felt that monogamy was the only way to go. Ironic maybe, but that was still the only way for me to go.

I started a fire, got coffee for both of us, and we sat on opposite ends of the couch in front of the fireplace. My thinking was that we might as well be comfortable while we're destroying our relationship. The tension was as thick as the rain had been earlier.

"Well you called this meeting Shannon, so the floor is yours." I said with a big smile and a little laugh. I was trying to ease the tension a little. I don't think it worked, at least I didn't feel any less stressed.

"Why did you leave last night? I came back to the table and you were already gone," she said.

"I left because it was obvious that you chose to be with Jake. So there was no need for me to stay," I answered.

"Pete and Sandy told me what you said, but you're wrong John. You left before I had a chance to talk to you."

"I hate to use an old adage but actions speak louder than words. You chose Jake even after I warned you about him. I told you when you came up with this time out bull that I wouldn't share you so when you went with Jake you showed me what you wanted," I responded tiredly.

"You've got it all wrong. I didn't pull Jake onto the dance floor because I wanted him; I did it to stop the two of you from starting World War III. You were just about to jump him; I could see it in your eyes. "

I started to defend myself but Shannon held up her hand to stop me. "I know Jake provoked you more than once, but I didn't want you to end up in jail for worse in a hospital because of a bar fight, she said.

"Jake seemed to know you, did you meet him before last night?"

"Yes, I met him three nights ago at the Brewery. He wanted to take me somewhere to dinner. I declined his invitation," she answered. "Then he kept asking me to dance, I didn't accept that invitation either."

We talked for several more minutes and the tension seem to almost disappear. But then I had a thought.

"Was it just a coincidence that you and I met last night? Or did my good buddy Pete set me up?" I thought I knew the answer but wanted to make sure before I punched Pete's lights out.

"Don't blame him or Sandy, please. I asked them to help get you and I together. You refused to see me and only talked to me a couple of times on the phone and even then refused to discuss our relationship. I had to do something to get to talk to you but the evening didn't work out the way I planned."

"Why did you want to see or talk to me? You've told me what you want and I've told you what I'll accept. The two aren't compatible so there is no reason to keep discussing it."

"John, my idea about that time out thing was stupid. I knew when I suggested it that I was falling for you but I was afraid of those feelings. I was and am falling in love with you and I want us back together. You once told me that you wanted it to be all or nothing between us. Do you still feel the same way about me? If so let's see where we go from here," Shannon said with tears in her eyes.

Of course you know what my answer was. She had offered this spoiled little brat exactly what he wanted. Even I wasn't dumb enough to pass up this chance. I won't go into detail about what went on for the rest of the evening; it's a private thing between Shannon and me. I will say that it was our first sleep over.

*********************

However, Shannon and I didn't move in together for about a year after that rainy night at my condo. We continued to spend most of our time together but did give each other some space. I guess we wanted to be sure of our feelings; it felt right anyway. Now that I think about it, that's what Shannon wanted in the first place.

One night before Shannon moved in we decide to join Pete and Sandy at the Brewery. It had become sort of "our" place, don't you know. We were sitting at a table when I spotted Jake coming toward us. I stiffened up and I guess Shannon noticed. She looked over her shoulder and saw him too.

"John, let me handle this and if I need help I'll let you know, okay?"

Jake got to our table and took Shannon's hand and said, "Come on honey and dance with me. You need a man not this boy."

Shannon didn't say a word or get up; she just extended her leg and kicked him in the gonads. Funniest thing I ever saw. She looked at me for approval and Pete and I applauded her actions. Sandy laughed so hard I was afraid she would hurt herself. One of the bouncers came over and helped Jake up and out the door.

"I told you I could take care of myself," she said beaming at me.

Then next time we were in the Brewery and Jake was there, he made sure to stay on the other side of the building from us.

During that year I met and got to know her parents. Shannon's folks, Mike and Theresa, lived outside of Pueblo which is about 120 miles south of Denver. Meeting Theresa I could see where Shannon got her beauty and she has Mike's striking eyes. Mike and Theresa are really nice people and welcomed me into their home and hearts.

My parents and I were sort of estranged from each other. They are good people but they didn't approve of my life style. Every time we talked or got together they would rag on me about it so I didn't go visit or talk to them very much.

I think the real problem was that I refused to go into the family business; my dad owns and runs an equipment rental business. Apparently I was an ungrateful son because I didn't want to follow in my father's footsteps. That was mentioned several times during our talks.

Shannon asked me when she was going to meet my folks and I explained my relationship, or lack of one, with my parents. I told her that if they couldn't love me before then I didn't need their love now. I know, spoiled brat time again but I was hurt and angry over their disapproval.

The day that Shannon agreed to move in with me, I proposed to her. I told her I wanted more than a sexy roommate; I want a wife to share my life with. She made me wait almost five seconds before she threw her arms around me and accepted. That was another very private evening in the condo in front of the fireplace.

***********************

I'm looking out at least fifty pairs of eyes that are looking back at me as I stand in front of the church waiting for my bride to come down the aisle. Yes, Shannon and I are getting married. We had planned for longer than a six month engagement but the fact that Shannon is pregnant move up our time table a little.

Two of the people sitting in the church are a big surprise to me. My parents are sitting in the front pew smiling at me. My mother is even crying a little. I found out later at the reception that Shannon had called and then gone to talk to my parents. She personally invited them to the wedding.

I don't know if we forgot to take precautions or if Shannon figured that she is 25 and it's time to get started on our family. It really doesn't make any difference, I'm so happy I could dance a jig; which I'm sure I'll do later at the reception.

Pete is standing next to me as my best man and Sandy is the maid of honor. They beat us to the altar by two months. We have a huge man seating people as they come into the church. Sal is our usher and to see this giant in a tux escorting normal size women and men to their seats is hilarious. It's all I can do to keep from laughing.

After the wedding we did all the normal things; pictures, dances, toasts and all the rest of the traditional events that are part of the evening. I introduced my parents to Shannon, even though they had met before; this time she was introduced as my wife.

My mother cried and hugged me, my father hugged me too and they both hugged Shannon. Shannon and I told them together that they were going to be grandparents. This brought on more crying from my mother and more hugs all around.

Shannon and I will only make a short appearance at the reception. We will change clothes and climb on my, I'm sorry I meant to say, our Harley and ride to a cabin in the mountains for a couple of days. We need to start looking for a house when we return to town because the condo won't be big enough for Shannon and me and the three kids we plan on having.

The music starts and brings back my focus as Sandy comes down the aisle; she is very pretty. The music comes to a crescendo and Mike is escorting Shannon down the aisle to me. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

One last point, sometimes karma is not a bitch, sometimes karma is wonderful.

Quote from an English author: Life goes on