Rippling Water Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Heinz57
Heinz57
25 Followers

Janice blushed and picked up her fork to fill her mouth in order to hide the blush from Bill. She saw Bill raise an eyebrow in question but didn't respond with.

Bill tasted his dinner, reached for the salt sprinkling some on then tasted again. He smiled as the savory tender pie teased his taste buds. Satisfied Bill eagerly ate the food on his plate and helped himself to two of the biscuits. They were about finished many minutes later when Andy silently brought them two steaming mugs of liquid and disappeared back into the kitchen. Bill leaned over to sniff the liquid and smiled as his nose inhaled the brisk, deep aroma a stout English tea.

"Andy must have raided his personal stock to satisfy my desire for a proper cuppa." He said.

Janice looked over at Bill saying, "I didn't know that you were familiar with proper British tea."

"Hong Kong and the Royal Marines." Bill replied, "It was during one of the few stops there that I was introduced to a proper cuppa and have liked it every since. The shame of it is that I can't quite get the same taste when I attempt to make it myself."

"Maybe Andy would be willing to share his method of making it with you." Janice suggested.

"Maybe after he gets to know me better." Bill replied.

"If you'll excuse me Bill, I need to visit the powder room." Janice said.

"Of course." Bill said rising from his seat.

"You didn't have to get up." Janice quipped but was delighted with his gallant gesture. Bill just smiled in return.

As Janice rounded the corner Harry came out of the kitchen and took her vacant seat. "Bill, he said, "I'm sticking my nose into something that is none of my business but I have a vested interest in Janice's welfare. Are your intentions towards her honorable?"

Bill almost laughed at the question but there was something about Harry's tone that stopped the laughter mid-throat. He realized that his intentions were more than honorable. He felt, not for the first time, that he loved the Janice and would like to spent the rest of his life providing examples of that love. "Harry, I appreciate your forthrightness. I will tell you that my intentions are more than honorable. Sometime in the near future I plan on making her my wife." Extending his hand to Bill Harry said, "I like the cut of your jib. This will never be spoken of again." Rising from the seat Harry walked back into the kitchen.

Bill smiled inwardly as he took stock of what he had just shared with Harry. Yes, he did love Janice and that made his whole day brighter.

Janice came back to the table but instead of sitting she indicated to Bill that she was ready to leave. "It's been a long day and I want to do a quick check of the house before I go to sleep."

Bill wiped his mouth, placed the linen napkin on the table and stood up. "I agree with your comment."

They walked to the cashier's station and rang the bell sitting on the display case. Harry came around the corner to check on the situation. Bill asked Harry what the damage was and promptly paid adding a nice tip.

"Bill, I hope that I have the pleasure of seeing you again. Janice, it is always a pleasure to see you."

"We enjoyed the fine meal and I for one will come back again." Bill said as he followed Janice out the SUV.

After Bill had seen Janice safely tucked into his SUV he walked around to the driver's door and made himself comfortable. "Which way to the house?"

"Turn left out of the parking lot and it's about a mile up the road." Janice replied.

Heinz57
Heinz57
25 Followers
12