Saint Ives Whelan Chronicles Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So the wolf gene is dominant with you?" he asked.

"Not really," Mia tentatively replied.

"No? Explain please?"

"I'd rather show, that's easier," she said.

With little effort she surrounded herself in a thick impenetrable cloud, quickly undressed and shifted. Merlin chuckled at the modesty she showed and he was in awe of the beautiful wolf that now stood in front of him. What he saw next surprised him and explained everything as to why he never was successful in finding his daughter. He knew she had done the right thing. Mia, in wolf form, sat calmly on her haunches and without effort she was letting a few chairs float around them. The thick cloud appeared again and a few moments later a fully clothed Mia stood in front of him again, the chairs still waving about slowly.

He just stared at her, the implications of what he saw sinking in even more. It was known that his kind occasionally paired up with other kinds, but mostly it meant they had to give up part of their powers, albeit not everything. It seemed in Mia's case, his daughter Gwenyth never had to give up any of hers, but embraced the duality of her joining to Richard.

With that she had made it possible to have a true hybrid, someone who was a werewolf but an Ancient as well. He could tell right away Mia was powerful, she had shown little tricks on their own, what made it special was she showed them at the same time and in wolf form. He hardly picked up any magical flow that usually came together with using your powers.

A certain understanding grew between them and Merlin was glad that her mate belonged to one of the higher ranking packs. People would think twice before taking any steps should her heritage become known.

Chris stepped onto the deck and cleared his throat, it was clear now he had stalled a long time giving them both a few minutes alone. Merlin turned to Chris and mouthed silently another thank you. Chris acknowledged it with a small nod and a faint smile on his lips.

"I've come with refreshments," Chris declared before putting down the tray, then sat down next to Mia. He wanted to pull her onto his lap, but Merlin's presence stopped him, but his arm did sneak around her and held her close to him. He craved for her touch, even if it was only having her sit beside him.

At that point the conversation stalled a bit, each seemingly lost in their own thoughts.

"I guess you'd love to get reacquainted with your daughter?" Mia asked after a while.

"Yeah, more than anything, you can make it happen?" he asked hopefully.

"I can yes. Even right now if you want."

Mia saw him taking a huge gulp of air, almost preparing himself for what was to come.

"Just give me a moment and I'll be able to contact mom," she spoke, softly now.

Merlin only nodded, a bit lost for words.

Mia got up and went around the deck, moving the seats to the side, making enough space. Standing in the middle of the empty space, she closed her eyes and focused on her mom. They didn't use this way to communicate that often so it always took a bit more concentration. After several seconds, which seemed like minutes for the two men looking at her, she found the dark pathway her mom and herself used.

In a blink of an eye she travelled over and knocked on the imaginary door, even after all those years she didn't just jump into her mother's mind. One special occasion where she did just barge in, left her rather embarrassed with the thoughts her mom was having at the moment. Never again, she had told herself then. Since then she always knocked first. As if her mom was waiting for her the door opened instantly and her mom embraced her mentally.

Hi mom, everything ok here?

I'm fine, but more importantly how are you?

Fine as well, only things went a bit faster then I'd hoped they would.

Are you in trouble?

No, mom, like I said I'm fine. But as it turned out when I went out with Fran last night I ran into Chris again, he turned out to be the brother of the man Fran is dating.

Mia could hear her mother chuckle at this little revelation so she went on.

I hid myself the entire evening, but after he drove me home last night we kissed. I don't know how or why, but my cloaking spell fell away and he straight away picked up I was a were too and his mate. So to cut things short, you got a son-in-law now. I had to come clean though about who I am and why we lived the way we do and he understands.

Told you everything would work out for the best, I said to trust your wolf when it came to your mate.

Yes, you did. I'm not regretting it one second, believe me. But that wasn't why I contacted you. Chris knows someone you may be interested in meeting. If you and Da are able, would you mind teleporting over? I've made enough room around myself, so you're safe to appear next to me.

And who would that someone be?

Mom, please, for once in my life, let me surprise you? You're going to love this, trust me. Just get Da and get over here.

Ok, ok, I'll get your Da inside and we'll be there in ten minutes. That fast enough?

Perfect, mom. We'll be waiting.

She let out a heavy sigh as she opened her eyes again. This kind of communication always drained her a little bit, but sometimes it was just more fitting to use, this being such an occasion.

"Mom and Da will be here in about ten minutes, just keep this area clear, they're teleporting over, " she told Chris and Merlin.

Chris had an appreciative look on his face, Merlin on the other hand suddenly appeared nervous and started fidgeting with his hands. It seemed a bit odd because with her he was his calm self and in a matter of minutes he'd turned into a nervous wreck. Maybe his daughter meant more to him then she ever realized.

They all waited in silence for ten anxious minutes, but then two people appeared next to Mia. Merlin got up and then froze, staring at the slightly older but almost the same replica of Mia, his daughter Gwenyth. Emotions welled up in his chest, he had difficulties breathing. He could barely believe that after all these centuries his little fawn had returned to him.

He blinked profusely, unaware of the tears that had formed in his eyes, which were now cascading down his well-formed cheeks.

"My little fawn, is that really you?" he managed to say.

Gwenyth turned slightly, now looking at the tall man directly. The voice so familiar, even after all these centuries. His endearment for her lay so fresh in her mind as if he had used it only yesterday. She started to feel dizzy in her head.

"Da, is that you?" was all Gwenyth managed to say before darkness took over and she fainted, her mate catching her just in time to prevent her from falling to the floor.

12