Same Time Next Year

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,720 Followers

"Janice, I don't want your money. I just want it over with so my family and I can go on with our lives."

"Andy, you will get dozens of calls from lawyers saying they can get you millions of dollars if you go with their firms. The truth is the case can stay open for years while they delve deeper and deeper into the case. The insurance company doesn't want that to happen and neither do I. They made you an offer. If you accept it, then the case is over. You won't be bugged anymore since the case is settled."

"What's this offer you keep mentioning? Is it your money? As I have mentioned, I just want it over."

"It's the insurance company's money. They will give you one hundred thousand dollars for each of your kids and deposit into a trust account. It will be payable after they are eighteen years of age and you would be the custodian of the account. The kids will only get money when you say so till they're twenty five. Then they will be in charge of their own accounts."

"Why are they offering this money? Was there some type of wrongdoing?"

"No, it's just that everyone today is sue crazy. It's easier to sue someone than go find work. This just closes the account. They will also pay for any medical things since the accident. You know, hospital bill, ambulance and what ever other charges they drum up. So you'll get three hundred thousand dollars plus the payment for medical."

"It's four hundred thousand plus medical. I have four kids not three. My other daughter lives with her mother but if I'm to accept this, she should receive a share also."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of it. So I'll make sure you get enough for all four children. So, if we are done here, I'd like...."

"Janice, this is probably the last time I'll see you. Can you tell me about you and Zack and why you let this go on after finding out?"

"I guess so; you deserve to know. I met Zack while he was in college. He was a tough, rough looking guy. I was asked to teach a political science class and we became friends. As you can see, I'm twenty five years older than Zack. It was fun at first being with a younger man and teaching him the ways of love. I know you've heard of trophy wives. Well, Zack was my trophy husband. I had this good looking stud on my arm at all the parties. At first, Zack loved the limelight, the center of attention but when he found out it was about me and not him, he became restless.

"He asked me to buy him the travel agency. I bought it and I own it. He managed it. He took courses on the travel industry since he had to major in something. He actually did alright but couldn't keep his dick in his pants."

"Why didn't he divorce you and do his own thing?"

"Money and power. I had both, he had neither. I gave him everything he wanted within reason. He had nothing in his name, not even the car he wrecked. If he would have left me at any time he would have had nothing. People get used to the life which he led.

"He met your wife at one of the conferences around seven or so years ago. It was a few years later when I caught wind of them together and gave him an ultimatum. He either stopped playing around, especially with a married woman or I'd see he never did it again. He seemed to stop or at least hid it pretty good until I heard from you. Just so you know, he has had other lovers. Most could be either bought or scared off. I wasn't sure how to approach your wife since he seemed to see her every couple of years."

"What is the report going to tell me? I feel in my bones that there was foul play."

"The unofficial report stated that Zack's dick was bitten off. He was receiving a blow job at the time of the accident. Your wife didn't have any panties on and had a vibrator in her vagina. I had this all covered up and would like to keep it that way.

"The witness said a black SUV pushed the rear quarter panel of Zack's vehicle causing it to spin and go out of control. It then went over an embankment rolling numerous times and stopped when it hit a tree.

"The official report said that the witness was far behind the other vehicles and wasn't sure if it was hit or not by the SUV.

"Janice, did you have them killed?"

"Me personally, no. There are powers higher up than me and I can't speak for them and I really don't want to know. I really did love Zack in my own way. In a sense he was my boy toy and was fun having around.

"Well, Andrew Connors, this is probably the last we'll speak. On the report you have, the names were taken out so in case it got in the wrong hands we'll be protected. Again, I'm so sorry about your loss and I'll have these insurance papers turned in tomorrow. Thank you for being discreet."

After Janice left I opened the envelope and the report was just like she said. Trina really was a slut for Zack. Now I knew where she really learned the different ways of making love and who she was thinking about at the time; it wasn't me.

The other report was a complete rundown on Zack's DNA. Janice really did keep her promises. I did have to wonder if she had anything to do with the accident. Maybe I'm better off never finding out.

When everyone got back, I told the gals who my visitor was. They were surprised when I told them who it was. I explained our agreement and that the Senator took the time to honor her side. The gals asked to read the report.

"Are you guys sure you really want to read this? I know you're women and nosy an all but this is some pretty deep shit. You won't like what your reading."

Mel looked at me. "Andy, because I care for you, I'll forget about the nosy part. You can't ride this train alone through life. You need to be able to share it with someone in case you ever need to talk about it." She was nice enough to smile at me afterwards.

They were saddened after reading the report. Like me they hoped that maybe, just maybe Trina felt a little remorse after talking to me that morning. I told them some of the things that Janice Conroy had shared with me. My sister Jen said, "I know this is an awful thing to say, but maybe Trina's death was a Godsend. How much worse would it have gotten if things continued with the kids in the middle of it all."

I knew she was right only she said it out loud. That was the way Jen was, never one afraid to speak her mind. After she left I was sitting at the table reading the report again and looking at Zack's DNA report.

Mel sat down at the table next to me. "What are you going to do with it?" Pointing to Zack's DNA report.

"I have an appointment at the clinic tomorrow to have the kids tested and find out if Zack is the biological father."

"Don't do it, Andy. For your sake and the kids' sake, don't do it."

"I have to know, Mel, I have to know."

"Why? Why is it so important now. Zack's dead, Trina's dead and there is nothing good to come from knowing. What if you're not the biological father? What are you going to do? Give the kids away, send them to a children's home. Raise them with spite in your heart? Please, Andy, listen to me. You are their father. You've been there since day one with each of them. You were there for their delivery, you changed their dirty diapers, but most of all you were always there for them. You're the guy they call daddy, not anyone else. Don't put those thoughts into their mind and heart. Please promise me you will think about it, Andy. Think about your kids."

"Okay, I'll think about it tonight. If we go, I'll stop by your place tomorrow after we're finished."

Mel kissed me lightly on the lips. She felt so good. She called to Andrea and they went home. I did as I promised and gave it some heavy thought.

It was mid-afternoon the next day when I pulled up in front of Mel's house. The kids got out and ran to her. Andrea was in school but Mel told them they could play in her room. Renee was supposed to be in school but I had already called her off the day before.

"You did it, didn't you?" Mel spoke.

"I'm sorry, but I promised the kids," I responded.

"What? You did it for the kids? What are you talking about?"

"I promised the kids I'd take them to McDonald's for lunch and I keep my promises."

She smiled, "You didn't go through with it then? You know, the other thing, not lunch."

"No, I thought about what you said, they are my kids and always will be. I want to keep it that way. So, what happens now?"

I was sitting on the couch and Mel came over and sat on my lap. This is the closest we'd been since the funeral other than the occasional kiss. It felt so nice being close to her. She was a remarkable woman.

"You grieve for awhile and we start dating and then you ask me to marry you and I say yes, and we live happily ever after, just like in the storybook." She had the prettiest smile on her face.

I was smiling too. "What if I don't want to marry you? What then?"

"Then I'll just live with you. I've already lost you once, it isn't going to happen again. Besides I hear the kids have been talking. They like me you know, and I love them."

"What about sex? Are you any good?" I started laughing.

"Honey, with you it will be more than just sex. It will be love and it will be great." Mel was laughing now too.

About that time Andrea came home from school. She saw Mel sitting on my lap and started smiling.

Andrea yelled for the other kids. "Renee, Ashley, Andy come in here quickly. There's something you gotta see."

Mel stayed put; she wasn't budging an inch. The kids came in with Andy of course being the last one. They smiled at Mel.

Ashley spoke first. "Does this mean you'll be our mommy since our mommy died?"

Mel got off my lap with tears in her eyes and went and knelt in front of Ashley and hugged her. "Honey, I'll gladly be your mommy. Your other mommy will always be with you in your heart and I will be here to take care of you."

Andy wanted to be hugged also so he walked over and Mel put her arm around the little fella.

Renee came over to me. "Daddy, when are you getting married and where will we live."

"Well, Honey, first I want to make sure that you kids want us to get married."

"Of course we do, Daddy. What a stupid question. We love Mel and your Andrea's daddy already. We would just like to know where we are going to live."

"Honey, I haven't even asked Mel to get married yet."

"Well, do it, Daddy, do it right now." All the kids started yelling "Do it, Daddy," even little Andy.

I was laughing and Mel was almost crying. I walked over to her and took her by the hand as she stood up. I knelt down in front of her and said, "Mel, the kids and I all love you. Will you be their mommy and my wife? I have to buy you a ring to make it official. I wasn't exactly planning on this today, but I can't think of a better time with better witnesses."

Before I was barely finished the kids were saying, "Answer him, Mommy, answer him." It was funny that even before she answered, the kids were calling her mommy.

"How long do I get to think about this kids? After all this is a big step," replied Mel with a smile on her face."

"One minute, Mom," replied Andrea. "We both know you wanted this your whole life. Oops, there goes another secret."

Andrea looked over and smiled at me.

Mel tried to look serious but was doing a poor job of it. "After careful consideration, I decided to say, 'Yes, I'll marry you, Andrew Connors."

The kids were jumping up and down and said, "Kiss her, Daddy, kiss her and seal the deal." I did just that and it felt so good.

"Kids, so you know, it will be awhile before we get married. We have a lot of things to do first, but we will see each other most every day," replied Mel. She didn't want to do all the explaining of waiting after a death to the kids. She did tell them they could call her Mommy if they wanted to.

After the kids went back in Andrea's room to play I looked over at a smiling Mel. "That went well," she laughed.

"If we're going to be dating, will we be having sex? If so, can we do it on the first date." I asked.

"For you, Sweetheart, anytime you want. We don't need to even have a date." After saying that she walked over to the phone and called my sister Jen.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"Jen is coming over to take the kids to the movies. They wanted to see the kids movie Happy Feet and Jen's taking them.

"Honey, I have a question for you. If you and I will be staying here and sealing a deal we made earlier." Before I could say anything she called the kids back into the room.

"Kids, Aunt Jen and Uncle Ralph are coming over to take you all to see Happy Feet."

The kids all started jumping up and down. "Daddy and I have some business to attend to but we will be here when you get back. You be good for Aunt Jen and Uncle Ralph, do you hear me?"

"Yes, Mom, we all hear you," replied a smiling Andrea.

Jen and Ralph showed up a few minutes later. Ashley ran up to them as soon as they stepped in the door. "Mom and Dad are getting married and you can come to the wedding, but we don't know when it is yet."

Jen looked over at us, "Kind of sudden, isn't it, guys?" She was smiling which meant she gave her approval.

Renee spoke, "Yeah, Dad proposed in front of all of us, it was neat. They kissed and everything to seal the deal."

"Everything?" replied a smiling Ralph until he got elbowed by Jen.

"Well, congratulations," said Jen. "We better get the kids to the movies so you can finish your unfinished business. We'll stop and pick up a pizza on the way home so you have about three hours. Hope you can complete your business by then."

"Why are you laughing, Uncle Ralph?" asked Ashley.

"I was just thinking about the dancing penguin we are going to see. Should be a pretty good movie."

After they left, I played dumb and asked what unfinished business we had to do? Mel pulled me into her bedroom.

"I've waited over eleven years to hold you in my arms again. Please make love to me, but don't forget we're on a three hour clock."

"Honey, for the first round I'll only need three minutes." We both started laughing as we both disrobed.

---------------------------

We made it through the Christmas holidays. We spent a lot of time together. We were a family only we weren't married yet and still stayed at our own homes. We were trying to wait for as long as possible but the kids wanted us to marry sooner than later.

After the holidays the kids got together and asked if they could have a big birthday party for Valentines Day.

Angie smiled - we started calling her Angie since the kids did. We asked them how they got Angie out of Andrea and they told us they already had an Andy, their little brother. So they chose Angie, it didn't bother Andrea so it didn't bother us.

"Dad, the other three kids have birthdays the week of Valentine's Day. Mine of course is in March but that's okay. We want to get you and Mom married so we decided to have a big combination birthday/wedding party for all of us. Since you and mom don't need any weddings presents the guests can bring presents for Renee, Ash and Andy, for me too if they don't mind me getting them a month early. What do you think? I'm just the talker for the group. All of us kids decided that this would be a great idea."

Mel and I couldn't help laughing. All these kids getting together and making these plans for us. We believed Angie, besides the other kids were all with her waiting for our answer. The problem we had is what to do about it without hurting their feelings.

"Angie, I know you and the others have put a lot of thought into this planned party. I think we should see what your mom has to say about it."

I had no idea what to say to the kids. Just looking at their faces and their look of hope was so cute. I had to pass the buck to Mel.

Mel looked at me and then back at the faces of the kids. She knew I threw it in her lap. I tried not looking at her while she searched for an answer.

Mel spoke, "I'm a little surprised at you kids. Having a big birthday party is one thing. Your Dad and I getting married is alright too, but expecting people to all come to a party and expect them to bring all of you presents is not right. I thought we taught you to put others first. I am a little ashamed of you using our wedding to get yourselves presents."

The kids put their little heads down. It looked like Mel said the right thing to them.

Renee said, "Mom, if we forfeit the presents, can we have the birthday party and you and dad still get married?"

Mel, looked over at me for help. I tried to keep a straight face.

"Kids, since your dad is leaving it up to me, I'll agree to the birthday party," then looked over at me. "I also agree to the wedding. We'll do it as a family event. But we are not asking our guests to bring you presents."

I was taken totally by surprised. I honestly didn't think she would agree to the family event. Mel was also full of surprises. The kids were jumping up and down. They hugged Mel and then came over and hugged me.

Epilogue:

We had a month and a half to get all this done. I was back to work which left most of the planning up to Mel. Of course Jen was there to help her. The two of them became best friends. They were closer than most sisters.

The gals rented the hall in the church and since she was a member of her church, she didn't have any problem getting the church and pastor the weekend closest to Valentine's day.

Our color scheme was red and white and lots of hearts. Again the women of the church offered to cook the dinner. We told them we wanted to pay for all the food and of course the cake.

It was going to be a small wedding with Jen as the Matron of Honor and her husband Ralph as my best man. We did have two young attendants and a flower girl and one ring bearer. You get one guess who they were.

I wore a nice suit and Mel looked like an angel dressed in a blue dress. When they started the music I had tears streaming down my face. First came my son staggering down the aisle with the ring attached to the pillow. He was followed by my daughter Andrea dressed in a blue dress the same color as Mel's. She was followed by Renee also dressed in a blue dress. Next was Ashley as the flower girl.

The wedding march began and Mel was then led down the aisle by her dad. When she saw the tears in my eyes, I could see she had the same emotions. I don't know why, but I was a nervous wreck. I was marrying the love of my life after years of turmoil with my first wife.

When the minister said you may kiss the bride and I heard the applause was when I realized the church was full of people. As I glanced at the crowd I saw so many old friends and family members. Until that time I was totally focused on Mel.

When we went down to the hall there was a big banner that said, "Congratulations to the Connors family on their recent nuptials." A second banner read, " Happy Birthday to Renee, Ashley and Andy Jr., also Happy Birthday to Andrea who's birthday isn't till March."

When the kids saw the banners they were so happy. There was also a stack of birthday cards for each one of them. We let the word out when we sent the invitation that it was a combination birthday/wedding celebration. It was the best Valentines Day anyone could ask for.

For our honeymoon we decided to wait till June after the kids were out of school and take them all with us to Disney World. We got joint rooms and the kids shared two double beds and we had a king size bed for us. We played with the kids by day, and closed the door and made love by night. The kids couldn't understand why we were tired every morning.

When we returned home, Jen stopped by and told us she was expecting her first child. We were so happy for her and Ralph. We knew they had been trying and were so glad they succeeded. They had a son. Now Andy would have a little buddy to follow him around in the years to come.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,720 Followers