Secrets and Lies Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello Susan" I said, "What's up?"

"It's not Susan Harry it's John." said the voice at the other end. "Susan is here but she is not in a fit state to talk to you right now."

"What do you mean John? What has happened? Is she all right?" I asked

"Sorry, I must have worried you." he said "physically she is fine, she is just very upset. I just wanted to call you to tell you what had happened."

I looked around and found a bank to sit down on. "O.K. John what is this all about?"

"She told us Harry, told us everything. The turkey baster, the kidney, everything. Elaine is in a state of shock. I know I shouldn't feel this way Harry but on this subject to see Elaine holed below the waterline and sinking fast made me a happy man."

"Are you still there Harry?"

"Yeah, sorry John I am just trying to get my head around what is happening. She told Alex all about it Yesterday."

"Well Elaine started this one." John said, "she started her usual rant about how Susan should never have married you and that you are not worthy of her. Susan, for once, came back at her. She told her she was right, she should not have married you because you were worthy of someone a lot better than her lying cheating daughter. Then it all came out. Elaine is just sitting here and doesn't know what to do. Susan has locked herself in the bathroom."

I just sat there silent.

"Harry," John said, "the main reason for calling is to ask when you will be back with the children? I don't think Susan should drive in this condition so I will take her home. Can you stay with her?"

I told him I would and disconnected.

When I got up Sarah, Daisy and Maddy soon found me.

Sarah asked me what was wrong and I told her. "What is going on?" I asked "First Alex now her parents?" then panic struck and I rang back.

John answered

"John" I said, "something has just occurred to me. It seems she has decided to tell everyone. Can you please tell her that I said that on no account is she to tell my mother or brother. Now you know the truth, think about what it might do to our kids. I don't want them to lose a grandma."

As I put the phone back in my pocket Sarah grabbed my arm and hugged it.

"Come on you." she said "lets get you to the Hog Roast"

We had a really great day. Being out with Sarah was good enough but having all five children added to the thrill. We went back home to eat then Sarah and her children went home. I told Jacob, Maddy and Alex that their mother was very upset and that grandma Elaine and grandpa John would be there when I got them home. Alex said that he didn't want to go; he wanted to stay with me. I told him that it was not fair to move out while his mother was so upset.

When we arrived we were met by John and a silent Elaine. Elaine organised getting Maddy and Jacob into bed. Alex went to his room. I went up to see Susan.

She saw me come in and smiled. I went over and sat on the bed next to her. I moved the hair from her face.

"I told them Harry," she said.

"Yes" I said, "you certainly did that all right"

"They don't blame you any more," she said.

" I think you need to get some sleep now" I said

"Where is Alex?" she asked

" Alex is in his room and I am staying here tonight so you just get some sleep. You will feel much better in the morning.

I kissed her and left her to sleep.

Downstairs John and Elaine were sitting on the sofa. I offered them coffee or a glass of wine. Elaine declined for both of them. Wringing her hands and looking at the floor she came over to me.

"Harry" she said, "I owe you an apology. I have thought very badly of you and even said that you were not worthy of my daughter. Now I find that she ripped your heart out but despite that and not even knowing whether or not he is your child you still saved the life of our eldest grandchild. You are not only worthy of my daughter but we would be proud if you decide to remain our son in law."

"Well Elaine" I said "I can't say that I am not touched by what you have said but I must correct you on one point, Alex is my son and I love him. I am the only father he has ever known and I fully intend to keep it that way. The same goes for Maddy and Jacob."

"Thank you" she said and went back to John wiping away a tear.

They stayed with me for a while and I assured them that I would stay the night. As they left John put his arm around my shoulders.

"Good on you lad" he said "and thanks for being so gracious, it took a lot for her to say that."

Susan was sleeping when I went back up to her. I undressed her and covered her. I gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead, grabbed a pillow and went down to sleep on the sofa. In the morning I called Sarah to say I would be late home as I was expecting to get the children off to school. She was in a hurry herself so we weren't long on the phone.

I went up to check on Susan. She was still sleeping so I made a start on getting the kids up. I had them all fed and ready for school before she made it downstairs. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and headed off on the school run. When I got back she had dressed and apart from her heavy eyes was looking quite her normal self. She had made coffee and we sat down to drink it.

"What possessed you to tell everyone?" I asked.

"I could see that until I did they would still blame you Harry and that just isn't fair."

I told her what her mother had said.

"About bloody time" she said, "she has never given you a fair shake. Stuck up cow. John's all right but my mother thinks that everyone is beneath us."

"Well you certainly cured her of that one." I said

"Harry you know we will have to get paternity tests done don't you, if not for you then for the children. They have a right to know who their biological father is."

"I suppose so" I said "but I don't want to know the result"

"But why? Wouldn't it help you to know one way or the other?" she asked.

"Think about it Susan. What if one of them is mine and the others are his? Where does that leave me, I would like to think that it would make no difference and that I would still love them all the same but I can't guarantee that. And what about you, would you be able to treat them all the same? I think it is better not to know."

"I really stuffed up big time didn't I." she said

I looked at my watch and told her I had to go because Sarah would be waiting. I kissed her goodbye and left with my problems whirling round my head looking for a solution.

Sarah looked brighter than ever when I saw her. She had let herself in and was making me breakfast.

"I'll bet you haven't eaten yet," she said.

As usual she was right. Over breakfast she told me how much she, Luke and Daisy had enjoyed our day out. Luke, apparently, was amazed at my knowledge of motorbikes and he and Alex had got on well. Everyone thought it was a good day out. Then she told me of another surprise.

"Daddy was waiting when we got home last night," she said. "He asked me about my marriage and I laughed and said what marriage? It was strange he really seemed interested. He even asked Luke and Daisy about their father. I was really shocked, they couldn't even remember his birthday. He was really nice not like he normally is with me. He said if I could find evidence of adultery he would pay for a divorce and continue to support me after that. When he asked what I would do after the divorce I told him about our plans for me to go to university and finish my education. Do you know Harry he loved the idea, told me I would be the smartest and prettiest girl on Campus. I didn't want him to go, which as you know is unusual."

"Where was Gary all this time?" I asked

"I don't know, some casino or other. The fact that he didn't turn up helped to make up Daddy's mind I think."

"What happened with you then?" she asked me.

I told her all about Susan's mother and how I had put Susan to bed and slept on the sofa. When I mentioned paternity tests Sarah's eyes lit up.

"That's my evidence," she said, "If only one of them is Gary's child then I have got him. Can I do it Harry please?"

With tears running down my face I just nodded. It seemed that everyone was pushing me towards paternity tests. "O.K." I said "but can you make sure that I don't get to know the results?"

She looked down and saw the state I was in and hugged me to her breast. I think that was when I decided.

"I am sorry Sarah" I said, "I just can't do this any more. I can't be a weekend dad any more they need me. I've got to go back."

"Do you mean it Harry, are you really going back to Susan?" she asked.

"I'm going back to my kids," I said "and yes I am going back to Susan, they need me"

"I need you Harry especially now I am getting a divorce. God knows you are the main reason that I want one."

"Is this because of her sudden admissions? She is just trying to win you back by making you feel sorry for her."

"No it was not that, it was Sunday. It was a great day and everyone enjoyed it but I should be able to do that whenever I want, not just when it is my turn. I should be there when they get home but I'm not. I really love you Sarah but I can't leave my Kids for you and I can't keep them and have you."

We both sat hugging and crying until we could cry no more.

"Can we still see each other Harry?" she asked.

"I don't think so" I said, "I can't look at you without wanting to take you to bed. I can't see that riding well with Susan"

"When are you going back?" she asked

"Saturday" I told her.

"In that case we have four days." she said "let's go to bed"

The pattern for the week was set that day between school runs we would make the most of our time together, sometimes going out but more often making love. In the evenings I would go to see the children. Every night Susan would ask me to stay but every night I would go home. Friday was the day that I had hoped would never come but of course it did. Both Sarah and I cried our hearts out. She tried to persuade me that we could carry on the way we were. When we parted that day Sarah played her last card.

"I am not going away," she said, "If any more skeletons come out of the cupboard I'll be waiting. I will happily take on all your children. I would even share you if that were possible. I love you Harry Anderson and I won't give up on you."

With that she got in her car and drove away.

After Sarah left I phoned Charlotte to let her know that I couldn't house sit any longer and to arrange for her to come and do an inventory. That evening when I went to see Susan and the children. I told Alex and Jacob that I had to move from the house I was living in and asked if they could help me. They were both very keen. Maddy told me I was being sexist by not including her so I had all three to help me. The next morning at nine thirty I turned up to find all three of them ready and eager to start. I drove them to the house and they helped me carry out my bags and computer and books. We stashed it all in the back of the car. Maddy said bye-bye to the house.

I deliberately drove back via the By-Pass so that the kids did not realize where I was going. When I eventually parked in the drive of their own house they were Mystified until Alex told them "Dad's coming home".

We got out of he car and for the first time in six months I used my keys to open the door. Susan saw us come in and asked Maddy "Well darling where is daddy's new house?"

"It's here mummy, daddy's moving here," she said.

I looked at Susan "If that's all right with you" I said

She threw her arms around me and said, "Of course it is all right. This is the day I have waited six months for."

Those first few days were a bit weird, as everyone seemed to be going out of their way to make me feel welcome. Susan's parents came over and I was treated to Elaine gushing all over me and a few beers that John had brought over. As things settled down I decided that I wanted a project to work on with the boys. A client of mine had just bought a farm and found a 1964 Velocette Venom Clubman in the barn. It was in a hell of a mess but he said it was mine if I wanted it. When it was delivered and I told everyone that we were going to restore it the boys thought it was great. Susan was none too keen on motorbikes but she played along and told Maddy that it was her job to photograph the project. The project was great we spent about an hour a day working on it and Alex and I got closer. Jacob also got involved but he tended to get bored more quickly.

Susan took the call from Sarah when she asked for the children to be taken in for a paternity test. It could all have been done at home but the lab wanted to have identity verification. Susan took them all in with their documents. My life with Susan was very good and our sex life couldn't have been better, still I couldn't get Sarah out of my mind. I took to going to the same gym at the same time as we used to go just in the hope of spotting her in her skimpy little shorts. I worked hard hoping that would push her out of my head but as soon as I let my mind wander she was back. I found that I was losing my appetite and my sleeping was very disturbed. I started to lose weight again.

Around this time I started to notice differences in Susan, she started to go to the gym with me and she started to lose weight. She got a new hairstyle and changed her make up. She started to dress differently, younger, sexier. She was going out more and some of the purchases on her credit card were from London stores. If it were not for the fact that our sex life was so good I would have suspected that she was having an affair. As it happened I did not even ask her about it. Nothing seemed to matter when there was this feeling of a big hole in my chest. It was now almost two months since I left Sarah to move back home. I had thought it would get better but I still felt as bad as ever.

Through a client I got tickets for the world Superbikes championship at Donnington. I took Alex and Sarah's son Luke but when I went to pick him up I had to wait in the car for him. I couldn't trust myself to even be in the same room with her. When we got back Susan had a little surprise for me.

"I have invited Sarah over for Dinner on Friday night" she said, "She has some things she needs to talk to you about."

I was a bit alarmed "You are just trying to see how long I can keep my eyes off her" I said

Her reply surprised me "I don't care if you take her upstairs and shag her silly, as long as you don't leave me again."

The week soon passed and Friday was upon us the children had opted to eat at their normal time of six 'O' clock. Susan got changed for dinner and I couldn't believe my eyes. She came down wearing a dark red satin dress with a low neck line which showed off her cleavage and a flowing skirt As I ran my hand over her back I noticed something or rather the lack of it.

"Are you wearing any underwear?" I asked

"No" she said," they spoil the hang of the dress"

Alex was just going out when the doorbell rang. He opened the door and found Sarah standing there.

"Hello Alex" she said "how are you now"

"Very well thanks" said Alex " I was just going out but please come in Dad's expecting you"

I got up to meet her. She gave me one of her big smiles" Hello Harry have you missed me"

"Just about ever minute of every day" Susan called out from the kitchen.

I took her coat and took in the sight. She was wearing a silver satin dress with a neckline, which plunged almost to her navel. I looked and I would have sworn her breasts were larger. As I looked further down I noticed a small bump.

"Yes Harry you need to have a word with your ammunition supplier. Someone has been sneaking live rounds in amongst your blanks," she said with a giggle as she placed my hand on her bump.

"How long?" I asked

"About three months" she said.

Susan came out of the kitchen " I see you have heard the news Harry isn't it wonderful" she said.

"Yes it is wonderful" I said "but how is it possible?"

"My gynaecologist says things have moved on a lot in fifteen years Harry. They now know that there are many other factors than just the number of sperm. It depends on how active they are and whether they are swimming the right way. Of course I told him that my lover's sperm would be very active and far too clever to be swimming the wrong way," Sarah told me.

"I am going to have your baby. Aren't you happy Harry? I know I am."

"Let's discuss this after dinner" Susan said as she placed the dishes on the table.

Susan excelled herself, serving us three courses of culinary magic. We talked about my work Susan's new look, and even the project of the bike restoration. When we got to the coffee Sarah gave me some more news. The house that I had lived in for those six months was now up for sale. Apparently the family were now staying abroad for some time to come and selling the property was preferable to maintaining it. She expected the price to be around £450,000. Susan immediately wanted to buy it and asked if we could afford it. I knew that it would be a push but if we could sell our current house it would be possible so I agreed to look into it. The conversation then returned to Sarah's baby.

"You are happy about it aren't you Harry?" she asked.

"Yes I am very happy about it but you must see that it complicates an already complex situation. To be honest I am having a lot of difficulty coping with the situation as it is."

"Right now I have an overwhelming desire to take you to bed." I said. I looked for a reaction from Susan but could see none. "How I would cope with seeing you regularly I don't know. And to make it worse I would be a weekend dad again."

It seemed to me that I was the only one who was getting worried about anything. Susan and Sarah looked at each other and this time it was Susan's turn to speak.

"We think you have been approaching this problem from the wrong angle Harry. You have been trying to shut Sarah out of our marriage and look what it is doing to you. When we are alone together it is as good as ever. Actually it is better than ever because I now enjoy pleasing you as much as you have always enjoyed pleasing me. However, I know that when I am not there you are miserable. I have seen the tears in your eyes. I see you trying to fill your life with things to do to take your mind off of Sarah. We think that instead of shutting her out perhaps you should lock her in."

I couldn't believe my ears was she really proposing what must be every man's dream, a ménage a trois. I sat in silence for a while.

"Are you really suggesting"?

"That we buy a bigger bed." Susan said cutting me off. "Of course a bigger bed will need a bigger house, especially if Sarah and her children are to move in with us."

Sarah looked at me in anticipation "What do you think Harry would you like me as your second wife? I know that it would raise a few eyebrows but we can stand up to that. If you can stand up to daddy, you can stand up to anyone."

"Oh," I said, "so you know about that"

"Are you kidding, he never stops talking about you."

"Harry Anderson, balls 'o' steel that man," she said trying to mimic her father's Scottish accent.

"So what do you think Harry" Susan asked.

"Well it seems to me that you have it all worked out," I said "but are you sure that you two can get on in such a situation."

"Where do you think I have been going this last month?" Susan asked, " Sarah has been giving me the treatment she gave you and we have become like sisters. Add to that we have something in common. We are both deeply in love with you."

What could I say? I had to agree. They both got up and hugged and kissed me. We were still in the throws of a three-way hug when Alex came home. He looked at us and then looked up to the ceiling with a look that said "grown ups what can you do with them"