Seth and Lorelei Ch. 01

Story Info
Distant step-siblings bond over a series of events.
2.5k words
4.24
34.3k
40

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/13/2022
Created 08/11/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
_sue
_sue
20 Followers

This is my first story on Literotica, it's slow to start, but I'm a writer by trade, so I ask that you give it some time to build. There isn't any detailed sex in this first chapter, but instead sets it up, so if you're looking for a story that's quick to get to the punch, this probably isn't going to be your speed. To anyone else, I hope you enjoy.

*Everyone in this story is fictional, at least the age of 18, and the actions that have been committed and will happen are all consensual*

***

My momma liked to flirt with death. Growing up, people always said that I was smarter than she was, and I wasn't going to make the same mistakes she did. It used to make me feel really proud; I was smarter than an adult. But as I grew older, I came to realize that the mistake they were talking about was me and I didn't feel as proud anymore. There are no words to describe the feeling in your gut when a police officer knocks on your door. It wasn't the first time that had happened, but the men in the blue uniforms weren't there to arrest anybody; they were there to steal away my soul. My mom had been standing on the tracks when the train started to yell. She closed her eyes for a second too long and just like that she was gone. They told me that she hadn't felt any pain when she died. I think that was to make me feel better, but all it did was take all of her pain and put it on me. At least that's what it felt like.

My dad was around. He didn't do much before mom's "accident" as the locals called it, but he straightened up pretty quick afterwards. Which was a surprise to say the least. I still had to cook and clean around the house, and he always came home smelling like the inside of a diesel truck, but despite his dirty fingernails, he worked hard. It was just me and him. We developed a routine, and I grew to appreciate a little bit of normalcy in my life. We were still the talk of the town, but at least we had each other, and that wasn't going to change. So I thought.

As any great fairy tale begins, there is a dead mom, a loving, yet distant father, and a wayward daughter. Introduce an evil stepmother and a couple of stepsisters and you've got yourself a recipe fit for Cinderella. The evil stepmother part was right, but I got a boy instead of a couple of vapid sisters. Her name was Jennifer, and her son Seth worked at the shop with my dad. That's how they met. Jennifer came by to pick up her '93 Cadillac, a hunk of metal that was as old as I was. "I saw right then," my dad recounts his love at first sight, "her denim skirt and that gum she kept poppin'. Her sunglasses were bigger than her face, but I knew she was a beauty. I knew it. She was my gal." Listening to him recount his declaration of love was enough to make me want to puke. The twist of a knife can do that to you. It was no secret that I was an accident, and my parents' marriage was out of necessity rather than love, but that didn't make it any easier to bear.

Seth wasn't around much. He was either working at the shop or staying at his dad's place; his own conception being similar to my own, except he still had the two halves that made him whole. He and I shared the same distaste for his mother, so I can't exactly blame him for avoiding her. I would have, too, given the chance. But I didn't. So instead of retreating into the confines of my bedroom or trying to find a job at the shop (no thank you), I decided to start taking field trips. They started off small and during the day; dad and Jennifer were never home so it wasn't like I was "sneaking out." I wandered to the brook behind the house; started drawing some of the scenery. I wasn't very good, but it gave me something to do. After a while, I started getting more bold, and when the music on my iPod couldn't drown out the grunts downstairs, sneaking out became a reality.

Nighttime has a funny way of doing things to people. It brings out a side of them that they don't usually share. The darkness shields them and they can hide what the sunshine shows. I was feeling brave. I walked for God knows how long. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own, and I followed them blindly. It didn't matter where we went, so long as I didn't have to keep hearing the constant "YES"es that came out of dad's room and Jennifer's mouth. I walked and walked until the silhouette of a rusted train cart came into view. My blood ran cold. Never had I been in the location of my mother's death; a ton of the kids from school had. They swore you could still her blood on the railing, but these were the same people who used to rub erasers on their skin and call it a game. Everything they said should be taken with a grain of salt, but it was no secret that I avoided the place. I didn't believe in ghosts, but I didn't want to take any chances either.

The wind whistled through the empty railcar, bringing my attention to all of the awful possibilities that could be lurking within. Instead I heard another "YES" and before I could cover my mouth, my eyes rolled on their own accord, followed with an, "Are you fucking kidding me?" Oops. While it still could have been a bear or a sex offender, the declaration to continue from inside didn't unnerve me as much as annoy me.

"Shit." The word echoed through the car. Though it was dark outside, I could make out a white t-shirt being pulled on.

"What the fuc—" The shirt was on, the head was out, and my dear old stepbrother Seth was looking right at me. "Lorelei?!"

"In the flesh."

"What the fuck are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same question, but I guess 'who' would be more appropriate than 'what'?" Right on cue, a blonde head popped out from behind Seth.

"Staci! How completely unsurprising to see you."

"Oh shut up. You're the one visiting the place where your mother offed herself. Seriously how fucked up is that?"

Her retort was unexpected and cruel. I could feel the tears pricking my eyes and my throat clench in that uncomfortable moment when you're trying not to cry. "It wasn't like that. Fuck you." My voice cracked. She heard.

"Are you crying? Come on. You're pathetic."

With one last flip of the bird, I turned my heels and headed back the way I came. Never again would I be sneaking out, even if that meant listening to Jennifer. Awesome. As my feet crunched on the gravel, I heard the muffled sounds of voices coming from the car.

"Jesus Staci did you have to act like such a bitch? She's my fucking stepsister."

"It's not my fault that her mom killed herself, okay. Like what was she even doing out here? That's fucking weird, Seth, and you know it."

"You know what, fuck you Staci. Find your own way home." With that, I heard two things: the thud of feet landing and the squeal of a now-terrified Staci.

"YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS SETH. YOU BROUGHT ME HERE!"

"Fuck off!" he yelled, followed by the hasted crunch of jogging feet. "Lorelei, wait!" I didn't stop, but slowed my pace. This had been the lengthiest interaction I'd ever had with Seth, officially making it the weirdest night of my life.

"Lorelei, wait. I'm sorry."

I stopped then. I looked at him, really looked at him for the first time. Well as best as the moonlight would allow. Tall and lean, he had tanned skin and freckles on his nose. He had strong features and blue eyes, despite his dark brown hair. His white shirt was clean, but his denim jeans were dirty, which was to be expected, working in the shop and all. I decided that he was handsome, but I was also very annoyed and I didn't have time to waste on him.

"Did it really surprise you that she acted that way? Staci's never been known to be the nicest thing."

"She's awfully nice to me."

"OH COME ON SETH! That's gross. You know that's not what I meant."

All he did was laugh, causing me to scoff and roll my eyes. "Whatever man. You can go back to... whatever you were doing."

"You know what we were doing." He grinned one of those lopsided smiles. Jesus could you stop being so cute for one fucking second, I'm trying to stay upset with you.

"Ugh whatever. YES I knew what you were doing. Sucks for me right? Since the whole reason I'm even out here is so I could get away from your mom yelling the same thing as Staci."

Finally a sour look crossed his face. "Ew gross. Didn't need to know that."

"Yeah, well at least you aren't forced to live there."

He didn't say anything then. Just looked at me for a moment, looked at his watch, and then back at me. "Like milkshakes?"

***

The milkshakes were good, although a victor between chocolate versus vanilla had yet to successfully determined. But we were laughing, and it was nice. Paul the Waiter brought us the check, and before I could even reach for my wallet, Seth was swatting away my hand. "Nope, this is on me."

"Oh big spender."

He didn't reply, but he winked as he reached into his back pocket for his wallet. He pulled out a ten and told Paul the Waiter to "Keep the change."

"Sorry about interrupting your... date." I said as we walked out of the diner.

Seth laughed. A deep, bellied laugh. "Oh no, don't worry about it. Her blowjobs were shit anyway."

Usually I'd be shocked by that kind of honesty, but it didn't seem as lewd as it did funny coming from him. I laughed. He was infectious. We walked along for a while, without really going anywhere. We ended up at a park, and after seeing the swings, walked with a purpose. What can I say, I'm a woman who knows what she wants. Seth laughed again, but followed. We sat there for a while in silence, the swings creaking quietly. It was comfortable, oddly enough.

"Sorry I'm never around," Seth said, breaking the quiet. "I just can't stand her, you know? I never meant to be such a stranger."

"Hey don't sweat it. If I had the option to stay out of that house, I'd take it, too."

Silence.

"Well hey if you want to crash at my dad's place for the night, you're more than welcome to."

I turned my seat to look at him. "Really? Wouldn't your girlfriend be upset?"

A chuckle. "Staci isn't my girlfriend."

"Ah. Well. Are you sure?"

"Are you trying to get me to retract my offer?"

"Retract. That's a big word for a dummy like you."

"Lorelei, you don't have to stay if you don't want to. I just figured I'd offer."

"No, yes. I'd like to stay there. It's just, this night has not gone anywhere near what I was expecting."

Another chuckle. "Yeah believe me, same here."

***

When we arrived, his house looked about the way I was expecting it to: a trailer house, but big and clean, although a few beer bottles were on top of the coffee table. We walked in and Seth took them to the trash, with a slightly embarrassed look on his face. I held my hand up to say "It's all good man. No judgment here."

"I don't have any spare toothbrushes or anything, but you can crash on my bed. It's clean. Washed the sheets yesterday. My bedroom's at the end of the hall. I'll take the couch."

"No Seth, really it's fine, I can take the couch."

"Nonsense! You're the guest! Besides the couch is more comfortable anyway." Another lopsided grin.

I smiled with him. "What a gentleman. It's fine about the toothbrush. I have terrible morning breath, so I'll just try not to kiss ya!"

It was meant to be a joke, but Seth just looked at me. "Ha-ha. Too bad."

I just rolled my eyes. Clearly he was joking.

"Anyway, make yourself at home. I'm going to jump in the shower real quick."

"Good idea. You have fleur de la whore all over you and it's rather unpleasant."

He chuckled. "Yeah, well whatever. If you need anything, holler."

"Got it. Thanks."

He made his way to the bathroom and I walked to his bedroom. Opening the door, I surveyed his room. It was clean in a teenage-boy sort of way, with pictures of muscle cars and girls on them strewn up on the walls. It didn't smell, so I took that as a win.

"Hey Seth!"

"Yeah?" He walked in with a towel around his waist, indicating that I was about to interrupt his shower. DAMN SON.

"Oh geez, sorry. Um yeah, can I borrow like a t-shirt or something to sleep in?"

He chuckled. "Sure. Second drawer in the dresser."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Try not to drool okay?" A wink.

"Ugh okay Casanova, don't be ridiculous. You're my stepbrother. Kinda."

"Kinda."

"Whatever! Just go shower already! You smell." A gentle shove to the shoulder finally got him to go.

"Okay, okay, I'm going! Night Lorelei."

"Night Seth."

***

He was in the shower for an extremely long time. The mind begins to wander. I couldn't help but wonder if my interruption had created some tension that needed to be released. The idea of Seth wanking off in the shower turned me on way more than it should have, and I immediately started counting sheep instead.

A slight rap on the door scared me. "Hey Lor, can I grab some clothes real quick?"

I got up to open it for him. "Yeah sure, that's fine. Lor?" I asked. I never had a nickname before; I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"Yeah, Lor. Lorelei's quite a mouthful." The door was opened, but he hadn't moved a muscle, despite his obvious collection of them. I tried not to look him up and down, but he wasn't reciprocating.

"Nice shirt." he said finally.

"Thanks. Some weirdo let me borrow it."

"Keep it."

"What?"

"It looks better on you than it does on me."

I'd beg to differ.

"Fine. I'll keep it." Another wink. "Are you gonna grab your clothes or what?"

"Nah. I usually sleep naked. I just wanted to see what you picked out to wear."

"Charming. Sweet dreams, Seth."

"They should be. Especially after that shower."

"Oh gross, Seth. Go to bed."

His laughter prevented me from genuinely being upset. I knew he was teasing, and he was a boy after all.

"Good night, Lor."

"Night you."

_sue
_sue
20 Followers