Shade's Destiny Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hmm, that's really odd. I mean, I noticed I hadn't been getting ... I mean, things weren't what they were when this first started. Some of me figured that would happen over time anyway." She nodded. "But no, I ... well, I did wonder, after Shade told me she knew about Lisa, if she hadn't put out an email or something."

"I'm not going to get in trouble with her for telling you am I?" How cute.

"Tell me what? You got our lunches Kelly. You didn't tell me anything." She smiled. I mean honestly. How can you not like a woman so sweet and cute? The other Kelly is one lucky dude! "You'd better get back babe. Thanks for getting my lunch." One more sweet kiss and she headed back to her desk.

Damn, so she had put the kibosh on that part of my deal. Interesting. There's more to this woman that I thought. She's not all bad but I knew that. I suppose she really had to shock me beyond my capacity to absorb in order to get me to even begin to deal with my new reality. Things have changed so much. I would never have thought she was capable of so much tenderness, show so much love, protect me like she did with Elizabeth (I started to type the other name), and be jealous of Stacy. Okay, it must mean she loves me for her to be jealous. Damn, I remember her eyes when I was being painted. She loved me being on display. But she was proud too. And my new collar? Oh my god, what a shocker! And this morning she tells me we're all three going on vacation? And the little bitch won't tell me where. Oh well, whatever. This sure isn't what I thought it would be. No way! Good luck trying to write a story about this little story.

All of the sales women have PDAs. They all have to be approved by the home offices of the companies we deal with. Whatever; point is ... I can communicate via intra-office email. I did. So as the afternoon passed those who got physical checks began to wander in. This part of the world mystified me. Electronic banking has become so ubiquitous that ... I mean, why not. But whatever, they're all adults, they can deal with their stuff the way they want to.

My office became a gathering place. It was pretty fun actually. Everybody was still buzzing about Wednesday. I smiled a lot. I will tell you that every single woman gave me a kiss. And I was totally okay with it; actually, I liked it. It was clear they were all responding to the painting and the party. Well it was pretty damn amazing!! And, lest anyone forget, as small as the Agency was, I'm only talking about four women. So it wasn't like Grand Central Station or anything. There was as much cross talk as there was talking to me. Some of that was about Wednesday, some about their individual days or the week they'd had. Whatever; it was fun, different.

Shade was a little later than she'd planned but arrived about 3:30. She smiled when she walked in at all the chatter. By then Stacy and Kelly had joined the group. The boss said, "Is anyone working this afternoon?" We all laughed. She kissed me, signed checks and handed them, along with my detail, to each of the girls. Some squeaks of joy, some moans. Such is a life in sales I guess. A tongue in cheek moment: Nobody forced them to sign the contract(s) they signed! I laughed like crazy when I wrote that. This writing thing is fun! Well, that was anyway. God knows I don't want to ever ... EVER ... do it for a living!

There was a little moment that passed between Stacy and I. Nothing but a glance. Sigh. Do I feel bad thinking like that after Shade kissed me in front of the girls? Nope! I love my Shade and I will miss my Stacy terribly. And yes, I will always wonder.

Kelly? Giggle. She has her Kelly! I can't help it ... cracks me up.

The crowd drifted; Shade closed my door. We kissed.

"Did you have a good day Shade?" She shrugged. "Do we have dinner plans?"

"No, actually not. I believe Kim will be gone all weekend. I was thinking of going out to eat. I've been busy with work all day. Any thoughts?"

Well actually yes. "There was this restaurant Stacy took me a couple years ago. They had outdoor seating. Probably too late for that but I remember where it is. Shade, the food was wonderful. Let's go there."

She looked a little startled but she might have just been tired. She nodded and said, "Okay honey that sounds good to me. Let me get to my office and do my client files and the rest. Anything else you need from me?"

Now I ask you: If the woman you love said that to you wouldn't you take full advantage and say what I did? Tell the truth! Uh huh, thank you! "Yes Shade but it's not on the menu!" Ta da!! I bow, from the waist, at your applause.

Shade laughed and laughed. "You are absolutely impossible and I love you for it. I'll take a rain check for what's not on the menu ... just keep it warm till later." Wowzer! The kiss that followed would certainly do just that!

Anyone remember the restaurant on that Saturday? The gorgeous server? So, here's the deal. In an idle moment I'd run through who was at the party Wednesday night. I'd met so many but April wasn't among them. I wondered if it was because Stacy had taken me to the restaurant and she wasn't in charge of assembling the guest list. Nor would she have suggested April's name. Um, yes, I'd wondered about Connie too. Peanut gallery, you shut up about that. Oh dyke you make me so proud! That gasoline truck I talked about earlier? It has your name on it bitch! Destiny Langan, you should be ashamed. That is just not like you. I'm sorry angel. She just gets under my skin. Giggle! Fuck you! Good grief! I hope I never meet anyone named Angel. I think I'd be laughing for a week!!

It was late afternoon, early for the dinner crowd, which was just dandy with me. Shade took the ticket from the attendant and we headed across the street hand-in-hand. My heart was pounding, hoping that April would be there. Course I am with Shade! I had wondered on the way if she'd even remember me. It had been quite some time since my one and only visit. And there's the matter of whether she'd be interested. I pointed out the approximate location of the table Stacy and I sat at on our visit. Shade pointed to Shelley's store, which was a block away. I blushed; this woman knew everything!

"Who are we here to see?" Thud! She laughed lightly as I gawked at her. "Oh, this one is special. Plus it was long enough ago that you wonder if she'd be interested." She was kind enough to finish me off. "And of course you're here with your lover, lover." Let's have a moment of silence for our friend Destiny Langan, who died of embarrassment Friday November 2nd. She had me. "I think it's so cute Destiny." You what? "We're very much in love. Even I forget that this lesbian thing is still kind of new to you." Angel, please take me away. Tough luck dyke. Honey, just enjoy yourself. I know I will! "I think you need to spread those wings" (Oh my god I thought she was gonna say legs!) "... and enjoy yourself. Just remember who you're coming home to." God her kiss was warm! I honestly think she means it. "I mean that lover. Now I am curious to see who this is!" Spooky! Yup, that's what she is.

There was only one table occupied but I didn't see April. Incredibly, there was a hostess who led us to a table, which I specifically wanted far away from the two yammering young women. I sat facing the kitchen. Shade smirked. The hostess had left menus. I wasn't completely surprised they were different. That's how long it had been. I froze when I heard her voice, "Good afternoon ladies. I'm April and I'll be your server. May I get you ..." She stopped when I lifted my head. Dear god she's so beautiful. She gulped; she was probably just as surprised. "Hi."

"Hi April. It's been so long I didn't know if you'd recognize me. I'm Destiny and this is my Shade. Shade, this is April." Her eyes never left mine. I saw Shade extend her hand so I looked at her; so did April. Phew.

They shook hands. "It's a pleasure April. My Destiny asked that we come for dinner specifically to see if you might be working. I see why. You're quite lovely." She smiled; April flushed, I wanted to slide under the table.

"Thank you Shade, that's very sweet of you to say." She turned back to me, a playful look in her eyes. Now that she knew she seemed amused. "So, it is true?" I shrugged my shoulders and nodded. Shade was so proud of herself. She'd pay later. "Hmm. Well, drinks ladies?"

Shade ordered her dirty martini. Screw the wine. "I'll have one too please." Shade laughed, April smiled, I blushed. April left and headed to the bar. I watched her walk away. Those slinky, sexy hips swayed just like I remembered. I looked at Shade and shook my head. "You're absolutely impossible. I couldn't possibly be more embarrassed."

"You're a goof. I can see why you wanted to see her again. My god she's gorgeous. And that outfit? She's a hottie, honey. Your eyes never left her after she left the table." Now that the two of them have had their fun with me I'll tell you what she was wearing. I was so frozen at the sound of her voice all I could do was look at her face. Deep breath Destiny! April wore a red and black lumberjack shirt, tied off just above her midriff. The sleeves were rolled up above her elbows. The shirt was unbuttoned just enough to give a wandering eye a full glimpse of the treasures beneath. My mouth was so dry! Other parts? Um, not! She wore very short, red leather, open-leg shorts. Black leather boots came over her knees. Someone's reading over my shoulder and checked. Yes dear, my nipples can cut glass right now. She giggled; I shivered.

April brought our drinks. After setting them on the table she said, "I didn't get the hit off you a few years ago that you were gay. I guess I was wrong. How is Stacy; I hear she and her family are moving soon." I glanced at Shade; her face had gone stone cold. "Oh! Shade. Stacy mentioned she worked for a Shade. Insurance?" She'd see Shade's face too. Clearly ill at ease she stammered, "Did I say something wrong?"

"No not at all dear. I'm upset that Stacy's leaving but I understand. She'll be missed." That was very gracefully done Shade. April's eyes came back to me.

"It's been an interesting few years in Chicago April. Coming out has been part of the journey." I smiled at Shade; she seemed surprised but very pleased. "The menu's changed so much since last time. Would you please pick a favorite of yours for my dinner?" God! That smile.

Shade absolutely beamed at my idea. Nodding, she offered, "That sounds like a great idea, April. If you'd be so kind, please do the same for me."

"Wow, I think this makes like, um, the first time my customers have asked me to pick dishes for them." We all laughed at the cute way she said it. "Thank you both. I'll do my best and tell the chef to be sure to make them special." Angel, why did I do this to myself? Honey, Shade told you it's okay. Just go with it.

"Thank you Shade, you did that very gracefully." I reached and took her hand. "I'm sorry you had to find out that way."

"I've suspected but no, I didn't know for sure. When did she tell you?" Damn; I didn't want to do this now.

"Today. I wasn't expecting her to be in. We chatted just before Kelly brought lunch for the three of us. She'll be here until the house sells. Matt will be at his new job." Shade seemed to be processing that. I guess she needs to look at the practical side. She's going to lose a long-standing, valuable employee. Replacing her wouldn't be a problem; replacing the knowledge and familiarity would.

She came back to me. "Okay. Did she say anything about finding work?" Odd; why would she care?

"I gathered she'll be more interested in getting the kids in school, finding a house and the like before looking."

"I'll be sure to tell her that I'll do whatever I can to help her. I have contacts through the companies I represent just about everywhere. Did she tell you where they're going?" I wasn't sure exactly how much to tell her.

"We didn't have very long. She mentioned going back to her hometown in New Jersey. She was looking forward to being close to her parents." I smiled; Shade nodded.

April brought appetizers. "I've brought you both steamed mussels with shallots, tomato, and our chef's special sauce. I hope you enjoy. Care for more drinks?" I changed mine to chardonnay. Shade was fine with her martini.

"To close the door on Stacy for tonight - she was very surprised and very happy that you gave her the DVDs." I was pretty sure that she wanted to ask more but didn't.

"So now that you've seen April again and she knows about you, what do you plan on doing with her?" Oh my god. What I couldn't see was that April had come around the corner behind me with my wine. She had to have heard. She was flushed and kept her eyes on the table as she set one glass down and took the other. She hurried away without a word.

"That's not like you to embarrass that young woman Shade." I wasn't happy that she'd done what she had. "But to your question I have no idea. She certainly is gorgeous; you can see that." She nodded, eyeing me thoughtfully. "I don't know." I know what I wanted to say but I didn't want to pick a fight here. I did the logical thing and changed the subject. "I looked at the outfit you picked out for me today and thought 'boring.' Can we go shopping some time soon and freshen up my wardrobe?" Her eyes sparkled as I spoke. The smile spoke wordlessly of merriment.

"Oh good you did get the message. I knew you liked the blouse yesterday." Goddamn you Stacy. "I picked that rather drab combination hoping to get just the response you gave. Yes I planned on exactly that. I think we'll have some fun."

April brought our dinners. Mine was boneless chicken with caramelized onion, bacon and celery, fingerling potatoes and steamed veggies. My mouth is watering remembering how good it was. Shade had breast of duck with lentils, dried apricots, and brussel sprouts in an orange and caramel sauce, per April. It must have been good; Shade cooed and purred with every bite. We each had wine. Shade had taken a sip of my chardonnay and ordered the same.

When she brought the wine April asked the obligatory "How's everything?" I crooked a finger. She leaned in; I kissed her. Surprised as she was she accepted my tongue; the kiss wasn't too long but her eyes were bright when she stood. "I guess that means you like it." I smiled. After a quick glance at a smiling Shade, she flounced away; oh god, those hips!

"That was brilliant Destiny, simply fabulous. Perfect timing too. Did you see how bright her eyes were? My, my how you've changed." She had a thought, laughed, and said, "I may have to bring back your leash ... for my sake." I smiled and gave her the finger. She laughed and laughed. We each ate our dinners; naturally we shared. The restaurant was beginning to fill a bit. A weekend crowd in this neighborhood was usually late to arrive. We'd be long gone before April needed her roller skates. She nodded when I mentioned it and bemoaned the fact that a second server wasn't due until eight. I wondered what it would be like to see her completely tired out. Wink!

"This is really amazing to watch lover. It's been three years, no, longer and you're clearly quite taken with her."

"Just stop it. I'm going home with who I want. Yes she's every bit as beautiful as I'd remembered. Now stop it." All I could do was cross my fingers and pray. No one knew better than me that when Shade sets her mind to something she stops at nothing to get it. Or her. I should have known.

When we'd finished with dinner April had offered dessert, on her. Sigh! Shade looked at me; April blushed. She offered an after dinner drink as an alternative.

"While we're not that far away, I've had a martini and a couple glasses of wine. Thank you but I think it best that we not accept your gracious offer." April nodded and turned away. "Oh by the way April, we're having a little party a week from Monday at D's Coffee Shop." I wanted to faint. "You know where that is don't you?" Puzzled, she nodded. Shade handed her a business card. "Please send me an email. I'll send you an e-vite." You bitch!

I could see she didn't know what to make of it. Not wanting to look at me April kept her eyes on Shade. "That's very kind Shade. I will. Thank you both so much. Let me prepare the bill." Shade looked at me with her canary smile. What the fuck am I going to do with her? Dyke, you already know what you want to do ... to both of them. I hate you.

"You're impossible! Do you know that?"

Sweet smile. "You're very welcome. I know she'll be there; so do you." I was soaking wet. I'll be damned if I tell her.

"How wet are you right now slut?" Oh my god! That word. I was furious. Shade blushed. "It slipped. I'm sorry lover." No fucking way you asshole. Not nearly.

I forced my face to be neutral. April was on her way back, her eyes on me. "Thank you both very much. Destiny, it was a wonderful surprise to see you after so long. Shade, it was very nice to meet you. Stacy's always spoken so highly of you. Thank you for the invitation. I'll be sure to send that email. Have a great weekend." She gave me a little extra smile and turned away. She had more than this table to deal with. I got up, headed to the car, and left Shade to pay the bill. I was steamed, really, really upset. It was more than that word. I was angry about Stacy and very unhappy about the way she treated April. This looked like our first major blowup.

Shade came out and headed to my side of the car. I pointed to her side. She stopped short, looked at me through angry slits of eyes, and headed to the driver's side. She took her time opening my door. The icy silence in the car and the elevator could help with global warming.

I headed out of the elevator and stormed down the hallway, opened the door and headed to Kim's bedroom. I closed the door behind me, locked it, and turned to find a very nude Kim, eyes wide, a vibe buzzing on her clit. Perfect! I tore off my clothes and joined her on her bed. "Give me that thing." She did. "I'm going to fuck you with it. You've wanted me all this time, tonight's your night sister." Her eyes showed sheer terror. I kissed her; she didn't respond. Her body was board stiff, scared. I felt myself sag. What on earth am I doing? This little girl doesn't deserve this. You're not angry with her. She's scared witless. I heard crying. I looked at Kim. She was wide-eyed with fear but she wasn't crying. Dyke, it's your angel you jerk. Oh nooooooo! No, no no!

"Kim, if it takes the rest of my life I'll make this up to you. I'm sorry to have scared you. This is horribly wrong. I won't even ask for forgiveness." I kissed her cheek. "Please try to get some sleep." I shook my head, gathered my clothes, and headed to the couch. I threw the clothes on the floor in disgust. Never in my life had I been so disappointed with myself. In the ambient light of the city I saw her.

"Happy now? You scared the shit out of my baby sister you fucking asshole." I turned and headed for the bedroom. "Get back here Destiny!" I stopped in my tracks. She did call me Destiny. I waited. "Goddammit, I told you to come sit on the couch. Do it!" Angry as I was my feet moved to the couch. I found a spot as far away as I could and sat, covering myself with my arms. Really great huh?

Her voice was low, soft, and deadly calm. "You seem to forget. I own you." My body turned to ice. This? Again? "Who saved your sorry ass from your BFF? Maybe I should have let her sell you to some whorehouse in the Orient where you'd be fucking animals day and night. Do you know anything about the slave trade? I DO!" I was shivering; the room wasn't cold. "They trade you for sex, drugs, whatever. You go down into a black hole until you don't even know your name." I was crying. Why was she telling me this? Who are you? "I have people lover." Don't ever call me that again. Honey, just listen. Angel? "I found out who she was early on. It scared the shit out of me. I had calls all hours of the day. You never heard them because I told ... them ... not to call when you were with me." What on earth? "A case was being built, evidence collected. They needed her to ..." Even in the dark I could see her shake her head. "I wouldn't let her take you. They wanted me to but I said no. I love you too much." Her voice broke. I was sobbing. I saw a shadow; Kim came and hugged her sister. Shade's arms went around her. "I did what I had to. I protected you. I love you. My baby sister told you before I did." A harsh laugh. "I wasn't very happy about that ... but it is what it is."