Shadows of the Moon Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey I was thinking... Could we make a trip into town sometime soon? I could use some clothes." She said as they reached the shore of the big beautiful lake. The water was still and calm, like a mirror reflecting the surrounding vista.

Leaning back against a large boulder he wrapped his arms around her and turned her around until she faced the water. "Sure. I'll take you now if you like."

"That would be nice." She leaned back against him, resting her head on his shoulder. "This is so beautiful. Why would you ever leave this place?"

He froze as if surprised or uncomfortable with her question. "Something with a calm surface can hide dark waters beneath" he whispered, his voice slightly strained.

His words sent shivers down her spine. Something was wrong with this place. It was too good to be true. After a moment of serene silence she spoke. "I can't believe it's only been four days since I met you. It feels like I've known you for a long time." She blushed at her own words. They sounded corny and naïve. Like something out of a sleazy romance novel.

Liam buried his whole face in her hair and kissed the side of her head. "I know what you mean, beautiful. I have never wanted to stay put as much as I do now. I want to be where you are," he whispered softly.

She twisted around in his arms until she could look into his face. Giving her a lopsided smile he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss, snapping his teeth together in a mock bite as they parted. Natalie giggled and covered his face with her hand, pushing him away.

Laughing and letting himself be pushed he released his hold on her. "Shall we go?" He held out his hand and she took it with a smile.

**

They spent most of the day in town. Liam was incredibly good company and she could tell he did his best to keep her mind on good things. She volunteered to pay for her shopping herself but he refused, sending all costs to Luna Spring Country Club instead.

They had a nice lunch in a park and on a whim they visited a small art gallery with local artists, which only resulted in them mocking the pieces and being asked to leave. They caught an early movie and ate a fancy dinner at the most expensive restaurant he could find. They ate until they were ready to burst, picking the most expensive things on the menu. Natalie could not help but shake her head when Liam charged it to his brother.

It was one of the best days of her life. She had spent five years on the run, moving from town to town barely getting by; it had been ages since she had last had fun: relaxed, good, clean fun.

Getting back to the mansion they had crashed in the big common room exhausted. Some of the others were watching TV, spending time together and they moved from the big couch leaving space for Liam and Natalie. Her mind registered the oddness of their behavior but she was too tired to ponder it and too content to care.

The common room was a big two story open room with a balcony and stairs going up to the second floor. A huge fireplace in rustic stone reached towards the ceiling and two big windows going parallel on each side of the chimney all the way up. The TV was mounted on the gray stone pillar that was the chimney and was as wide as the stones.

Liam was half lying on the couch with one leg stretched out over the seats and Natalie was draped over him resting her head on his chest. The movie they were watching wasn't very interesting and she soon found herself thinking of the man who had given her the happiest day of her grown-up life. Her hand found its way under his shirt to touch the warm hard muscles of his stomach. Looking up into his face she found him half asleep but his chest rumbled with pleasure and a half smile graced his lips.

**

Aarik had been agitated the whole day. He couldn't believe the insolence of his brother. They had always had their differences but never had he so blatantly disrespected his wishes. Now it was only a few hours left until their showdown in the circle and as much as he hated to admit it he was nervous. There was no lack of confidence on his part but he did respect his brother's fighting prowess.

He didn't have the same brute strength as Gavin or himself but Liam was fast. Faster than anyone he had ever met. And he was clever; Liam fought with his brain not his muscles. Had it been any of his betas Aarik would have known exactly what to do but his brother changed the rules and that unnerved him.

He sighed and leaned back in his leather chair, pushing away from the desk. Where did his brother's spite come from? He had been eight when Aarik left for Russia. He remembered a bright eyed young boy making life hell for Kaleigh, the oldest of his sisters. It was hard to believe the morose, cold young man that had greeted him when he came back was the same boy.

Aarik wasn't a fool. He knew some horrible things had happened in this house while he was away. Coming home to nothing but graves had been a traumatic experience and one that had scarred him deeply. In the tumultuous time following the discoveries of his return his first instinct had been to step into the role of a leader and lift his people out of the darkness. He also felt a huge amount of guilt having let his siblings down. Looking into Liam's eyes was painful; he saw the boy that was no more, he saw the blame and the anger. If it hadn't been for his mate he would have fallen apart.

But Aarik was still the alpha. There was only so much defiance he could take before he had to show his strength. Liam had gotten away with a lot because of that guilt but now it had to stop. Whatever had happened had claimed Liam as its victim as well. He was consumed by hate and anger and no longer worked with the pack. Maybe his brother would find peace somewhere else if they cut the ties. It was a weak theory and he knew it, but something had to change.

Sighing again he rose to his feet and left his office. It was time for him to warm up. Gavin, his strongest beta, was waiting for him in the training area. As he walked down the corridors of the third floor his mate's sweet voice spoke in his mind. My love. I need to show you something. Come to the second floor. The balcony overlooking the common room.

I was on my way to warm up with Gavin. Can it wait?

It can but I don't think it should. There is something you must see. Trust me.

I'm on my way my Russian princess. I can't say no to you, you know that.

A few minutes later he entered the corridor leading to the balcony and saw her at the end of it, her back towards him. Sensing his arrival she turned and gave him a wide loving smile. As he opened his mouth to speak she put a finger to her lips in a hushing gesture. Reaching her she slipped an arm around his waist and pointed down at the group of couches in front if the fireplace. Liam was stretched out on the biggest and the human was resting on top of him. He seemed to be sound asleep and the woman looked peaceful, her eyes locked on the TV.

Rage flared within him again. The insolence of his brother would apparently continue to the very end.

No love. Look. Truly look.

He blinked and tried to perceive what his mate wanted him to see but it eluded him.

When was the last time you saw your brother relax with the rest of the pack?

He shook his head. I can't remember.

Nor can I. I don't think it's ever happened. Now he's sleeping. Not just resting.

I can't remember him sleeping either. It creeped me out how he would wander the hallways at night.

So what's different now?

He thought about it a moment. She is.

Mhm.

So what are you saying? That I should let this continue?

Now it was her turn to shake her head and turn towards him. I'm saying that I think he has good reason to act as he did. She looked at him expectantly with a secretive smile. Remember how you acted when you courted me? My father was extremely frustrated.

A short, explosive laughter escaped him and he looked down at his younger brother again. You're saying she is his mate?

He has changed immensely overnight. It would explain a lot.

But she's human.

It has been known to happen, even if it's rare.

Aarik stayed at the balcony a moment to study his brother. The implications of his brother getting a mate were huge. It had changed him completely when he found Nadja. Maybe now there was someone who could reach into those cold uncaring walls of his brother's and bring him back to them. Make him stay for more than a week.

Giving his mate a wide smile he turned his back to the scene and started towards the stairs in the main hall.

What are you going to do? Her voice was a mixture of happy and worried.

What I have to do. Trust me.

**

The movie ended and Natalie sighed in contentment. The clock on the screen showed her it was one more hour to midnight. The others in the room stretched and left, giving them odd looks in passing.

"Liam." She whispered, trying to gently shake him awake. He stirred under her and smiled but his eyes stayed closed. Lifting her head above the backrest of the couch to make sure no one was still there she scooted upwards until her lips brushed past his ear.

"This is happening with or without you..." She slid a hand under his shirt again to caress his stomach. "Mmmm..." She moaned, drawing her leg up over his, her foot sliding up his leg seductively.

Still no reaction.

Getting bolder she licked the ridge of his ear and reached higher beneath his shirt until she could caress a nipple between her fingers. "Liam." She purred, sucking his earlobe into her mouth.

Was he holding his breath?

With a mischievous grin she shifted position until she was basically poised on all four above him. "Are you being a naughty boy?" The hand on his chest slowly trailed downward over his abs reaching the lining of his pants. She slipped two fingers under it caressing the soft skin beneath. Her hair hung like a curtain and tickled his jawline. The corners of his mouth twitched ever so slightly upwards.

"Mmm... Do you know what I do to naughty boys?" Her hand trailed even further down over the course cloth until she could feel his swollen member. Wrapping her fingers around it through the pants she squeezed and he gasped with pleasure.

His eyes blinked open and suddenly she was reminded of the moment she first laid eyes on him. Moonlight bathed them in a soft silvery light from the windows and those beautiful green eyes seemed to glow a bright yellow at the edges. There was a fire in them and it was directed towards her, a hunger that needed to be sated.

Squeezing his erection again she watched him sigh with pleasure. His hands caressed their way up her thighs to rest on her hip and she bit her lip, giving him a teasing smile. "I'm glad you could join me sleepy head. Is this going to be a recurring theme with you? Whenever I feel horny you will fall asleep?"

"Will you wake me up like this every time I do?"

"I'm sure I can find other equally pleasant ways."

His hand shifted and slipped behind her neck, dragging her down so their lips could connect. He was warm and heated, his left hand squeezing her butt cheek and the other pressing her harder into the kiss. His lips had her humming with pleasure and heat engulfed her body. She hadn't realized how much she had wanted something like this.

Reluctantly she let herself be pushed back when he sat up, still with their lips firmly locked together. The movement caused her body to shift and her sensitive, wet and wanting pussy was pressed down on his cloth covered crotch. They both moaned in unison and Natalie had to tilt her head up away from him to get air. Taking advantage of this he buried his fingers in her hair pulling her head back further to expose the white column of her neck. Her skin burned wherever he kissed her and she dug her own fingers into his short spiky hair, pressing him closer.

After a few minutes of groping and kissing he shifted position again. Holding her tight he slipped himself off the couch onto the floor and positioned her sitting up on the couch in front of him. Natalie wrapped her legs around his waist to keep him close as he stood on his knees in front of her. "You taste so good, I must still be dreaming." He whispered hotly against her lips, his arms wrapped tightly around her body.

"If you are, then don't wake up." She moaned as he rubbed himself harder against her.

A hand found its way beneath her top, soon followed by the other. As he caressed her he brought the top upwards to remove it but she tucked in her elbows to stop him and he gave her a heated look thinking she was teasing.

"Not here." She whispered, looking around as if expecting someone to be hiding behind the curtains.

It actually took him a few seconds to understand what the problem was. He wouldn't have cared if the world was watching. He was having her tonight and modesty was such a trivial thing only meant for humans. But she was human. Giving her a puppy eyed look he pouted and tugged at the top playfully.

"Foul play!" She burst out in a giggle and pushed him away.

"Fine, we're doing it your way but know that I would rather take you on this couch here and now." Pushing his lips to hers again he rose to his feet dragging her up with him. "We better hurry though because I'll go insane if I can't have you soon."

She stared into his beautiful green eyes and smiled. "Mmm... I'll hurry." She whispered seductively. "I just need you to do this one little thing for me first."

He moved so close their foreheads were almost touching and she could feel his hot breath mixing with her own. "Anything."

"Close your eyes."

He did and the moment they closed she took off running for the stairs. She had a feeling he wasn't giving his all when they raced down the corridor because such a fit and strong man should have easily caught up with her. It wasn't until she was about to head down the corridor to her room that she felt his arm around her waist and his momentum carried them both spinning into the wall. He placed himself between her and the hard surface, shielding her from harm.

"No you don't," he whispered, his voice thick with lust. "You're coming with me." Tilting her head to the side he kissed her neck and she rubbed her ass against him. In a swoop he had gathered her up and was carrying her down the hallways until they reached a part of the house she had never seen before. It looked more or less like the other parts she had seen with dark wooden doors, the wall half wooden panel and a creamy white.

They reached the end of the corridor and he put her down to open the door, stepping to the side and holding it open for her so she could enter. His room was absolutely gorgeous! Or rooms to be precise. The first she stepped into seemed to be a living room with TV, couches, bookcases alongside one wall and an artsy chandelier looking like silver leaves wrapped around some divine light. Everything went in a stylish gray, purple and black theme, making it look directly from a catalog.

"Wow Liam. This is beautiful."

He grunted, spun her around and lifted her up on his shoulder. She squealed in surprise, trying to lift herself up enough to see where he was taking her.

"I didn't bring you here to look at my wallpaper. I got my eyes on something better." She could feel his hand caressing her ass lovingly.

They entered a dark room and without bothering to turn on the light he crossed it and threw her down on the large king sized bed. There was another squeal from her as she sailed through the air to land softly on the mattress. Her shining knight was surrounded by a backlight from the open door and it almost looked like a halo. He stood there for a moment looking down at her and she stared up at him in awe. Both knew what would come and both reveled in the suspense.

Grabbing the hem of his shirt he pulled it up over his head to reveal his muscled stomach, chest, shoulders, arms... Oh god... Was there one part of him that wasn't gorgeous? Throwing the piece of cloth away as if it offended him he started unbuttoning his pants. "You better have those clothes off you by the time I'm done or you'll never wear them again." He warned.

In a hurry she followed suit and she barely had enough time to throw away her bra before he was on top of her. She was about to complain about his brusqueness when his fingers tangled in her hair and standing on all fours on top of her he pulled her up into an intense kiss; giving her no room to speak.

There was something feral about him. Something that just demanded she give in to him. To let him lead and take charge. Natalie wasn't usually that passive in bed but sensing his need she submitted, letting him do as he pleased, putting complete trust in his ability to satisfy her.

This seemed to make him even wilder. A deep groan from the very depth of his soul rumbled through him and he lowered his midsection until he could rub against her. The sensation of his warm and hard erection rubbing against her had her gripping the sheets and moaning with need. Air rushed in and out of her as she lay there panting. She couldn't remember ever being this aroused. This utterly turned on by another human being.

Liam had started moving downwards, trailing kisses along her neck and collarbone. He stopped briefly to give attention to her breasts but it was clear he had another prize in sight. Natalie knew this would be quick. The mere tension between them had her ready to orgasm; all she needed was a little push. He put his tongue to the region where her pubic hairs should have started if she didn't shave and licked her from one side to the other. She squealed in surprise at the tickling feeling and bucked her hips, making him grin in satisfaction.

Giving him an angry glare she rolled her hips again to show how impatient she was. His grin turned wider and he put his index finger to her nether lips doing nothing but rubbing them up and down.

"For fuck's sake Liam! You couldn't get me any more ready if you had the whole day." She cried in frustration.

With a chuckle he lowered himself and put his tongue to her slit. She gasped with pleasure and he had to put a hand on her stomach to keep her still. That was all it took. A few flicks of his tongue was all she needed to send her over the edge. With a loud cry she let go and the waves of pleasure ran through her body.

Still panting she opened her eyes to find his grinning face looking admiringly down at her. His thumb was still gently rubbing her sensitive nub between her legs, bringing her down slowly.

"That was hot." He whispered with the smuggest grin she had ever seen on a man.

"Wipe that grin off your face and kiss me."

"Don't mind if I do."

While their lips firmly locked together he pried her legs open a bit more and positioned himself for entry. She could feel his heat matching her own.

"This is going to be rough." He whispered again, his voice thick with lust. She could tell he was struggling to hold something back; his muscles shook with the effort. Grabbing both her wrists he brought them up above her head to hold them in place with one of his hands. He put most of his weight on them while he slid his other hand under her ass, grabbing one cheek firmly. Lifting her up to align her just right he plunged himself in.

Natalie moaned at the hot filling sensation and tugged at her arms. He was definitely a size large. There was no gentle warm up or caressing touches now. He set a steady rhythm with powerful thrust, his fingers digging painfully into the fleshy part of her butt cheek. Kissing her hotly he pressed her face to the side only to bury his face in her hair. She could hear him take a deep breath filling his lungs to the brim.