She Tries To Forget Ch. 16

Story Info
Ann meets Martin's daughter.
857 words
4.63
20.4k
00

Part 16 of the 27 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 03/09/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,335 Followers

Passion in James County XVI

Martin got Ann's suitcase out of the car and led her up the steps into the large, modern apartment building where his daughter and her fiancée lived.

"Martin, are...are you sure this is all right?" Ann asked nervously as they approached one of the apartments on the second floor. "Are you sure I'm not imposing on your daughter?"

"Stop worrying," Martin said, "like I told you, Melissa's only too glad to help out." He knocked on the door, which was answered almost immediately by a petite redhead dressed in a gray sweat suit that had "Lincoln County Sheriff's Dept." in red letters on the shirt. She was quite attractive and bore a remarkable resemblance to Martin.

"Daddy!" the girl said. She gave Martin, who was blushing furiously, a hug and a kiss. Then she stepped back, looked at Ann, and smiled. "You must be Ann Wallin," she said. "I'm Melissa Flannigan." She offered Ann her hand.

"Come on in, both of you," Melissa said after she and Ann shook hands. She looked at her father. "You need help with that suitcase, old-timer?"

"I'll give you old-timer," Martin snapped, grinning.

Melissa showed Ann the spare bedroom, then they went out to join Martin, who had made himself comfortable on the sofa. Melissa plopped down next to her father, and Ann sat down in a big over-stuffed chair opposite them.

"Bill's working night tour this month, so he won't be in until after two a.m., unless he or his guys catch a call," Melissa said. "Do you have to get back right away, Dad?"

"I've got a meeting with Jamestown P.D. in the morning," Martin said, "so I really should head back. Besides, with Ann here, there's no place for me to sleep. I'm sure as hell not going to sleep on this damn sofa of yours. It's lumpier than your gravy."

"Dad!" Melissa exclaimed, reddening. She gave her father a friendly punch on the shoulder. "You didn't complain about my gravy a couple of weekends ago when you were up." She glanced over at Ann. "He's always picking on me," she said, "He's always been like that. Did he pick on you on the way up?"

Ann couldn't help smiling. She nodded. "I think he did," she said.

Melissa gave her an approving look and a smile. "That means he likes you," she said. "Dad only teases people he really likes. Right, Ash Man?"

Martin, red-faced, cleared his throat and stood up. "I...um...I have to get going," he said. "I've got a long drive, and these old bones need some sleep."

"Gotcha, didn't I?" his daughter said, getting up, too. "You sure you don't want to hang around long enough for me to make some coffee?"

"I...um...I really do have to...um...get going," Martin said. He started for the door.

Ann was a bit puzzled by Martin's reaction to his daughter's teasing, but she felt good about it, too. Knowing that Martin liked her made her feel kind of warm inside.

"I...ah...I'll give you a call tomorrow, Ann," Martin said before he left. "To let you know what...what the plans are and all."

Ann stood up. "All right, Martin, that will be fine," she said. She couldn't get over how embarrassed he was acting. He was acting almost like a teenager. She thought it was terribly sweet.

Melissa and her father exchanged kisses, then Martin went out the door. After she closed the door, the pretty redhead turned to Ann and said, "So tell me about you and Dad."

"Ah...there...there's nothing to tell," Ann said, sitting back down. Why did she feel so warm? "We...we're neighbors, and..." She shrugged.

Melissa plopped down on the sofa. "I've never, ever seen my Dad act the way he did just now," she said. "Except, maybe, when Mom was alive. He likes you. He likes you a lot." She paused and grinned. "Maybe more than that."

"Oh, God!" Ann thought. "He...he can't like me. He doesn't know me. If...if he did, he'd hate me. I don't deserve someone like him. Someday he...he'll find out, then..."

"Ann, are you OK?" Melissa asked. "Did I say something wrong? You looked terrified."

"I-I'm sure you're mistaken about how your father feels about me," Ann said.

Melissa shook her head. "Nope, I know him too well." She studied Ann. "You like him a lot, too, don't you?"

"Melissa, you don't understand," Ann said. "I-I do like your father a lot, but I shouldn't have let our relationship go as far as it has. If...if I...if... your father knew..." She began to cry.

Melissa, surprised by Ann's response, and recognizing how much pain she was in, walked across the living room, sat down on the arm of the chair the crying woman was in, and put her arm on Ann's shoulders. "I think, maybe, you and I need to talk," she said softly. "I know we just met, but I can tell Dad thinks a lot of you. And he's the best judge of people I've ever known."

"He...he doesn't know...he...he can't ever know..." Ann sobbed.

"Ann, talk to me," Melissa said.

D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,335 Followers