Shifting Hearts Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh cheer up, Little X, and let's paint the town red to tonight."

)*(

Sallie Mae finally let out a breath of relief. She was relieved she would never see her boss again. and, found it strangely relieved that a supernatural create like Roger understood of her situation. Not only did he understand he seem easy to talk also, as well, as to being very tolerant of witches,. She appreciated that the most.

But still she only gave few bits of information about her life. She had kept in mind that she just met this man this morning. Plus, he was stalking her. But then again he saved her life from Helen, but she did not feel comfortable with letting this man know everything about her.

"Wow that man has really given you a lot of troubles and headaches."

"Yeah I know, in fact all of the wolves treated me like some second class citizen. When I went to my high priestess about this, her advice to me was to stick in there and tough it out. Now, I love my priestess dearly but half the time I think she is talking out of her ass."

He could not help but to chuckle at her little comment. She was smart, funny, compassionate and very kind. She was everything he had dreamed of in a woman to have by his side for the rest of his life. He wanted to see if he could take things further and ask a few more personal questions but, he don't want to seem too aggressive. He knew he had to take it slow with Sallie. She was cautious and after she had been attack earlier he understood why.

She looked at her arm and realized how much time had passed. Her arm was now healed and felt better than ever. She began to roll over until Roger stopped her.

"Hey, I know this is sudden and maybe even too early for me to ask... but I was wondering will you go out with me tonight. I mean that's if you aren't busy."

She looked up at him surprised at his question. She took another moment to analyze him and debated about her possibilities. After a short pause she finally gave him an answer.

"Ok, but I have to do something about my hair. And you have to do something about wearing clothes."

"No worries, sweetie. I will dress to impress." He said getting up and heading towards the window. He took her black peace robe off from around his waist then threw it to the side. He opened the window to let the summer breeze hit him. He was going to leave until Sallie stopped him.

"Hey where are going and what time are we suppose to meet up?"

"Hmm, it's twelve now and I have business to take care of, so how about around nine p.m. we are going this bar and restaurant called The Onyx."

"The Onyx?"

"Yeah It's on Monroe, Ave. next to Naughty by Nature."

"OOOHHHH ok, across the way from the coffee shop," she said excitedly. "Alright then it's a date." Sallie thought that was the end of it until Roger came right back over to give her a quick peck on the cheek. She was confused by his kiss.

"Umm what was that for?"

"For agreeing to go on a date with me and ... I just wanted too. See you, at nine sweetheart, I'll come by and pick you up." He stood up and quickly shifted into the crow she saw a few days ago. With In the next moment he flew out the window with such ease.

She sighed to herself thinking what she should do to her hair before her date. She went over into her bathroom and looked into the mirror. "My hair is a hot fucking mess." She said grabbing the few cornrows. "One side is braided up, and the other I am rocking the afro, but not a hot Pam Grier afro." It only took a few seconds, to realize who could solve her problem. "OHHH MY GOD Pam Grier, black beauty, my girl Jojo."

Now feeling happy about her hair she stripped all her clothes and hopped into the shower.

)*(

It only took her thirty minutes to arrive at the home of her best friend and hair stylist. She called her ahead of time so she that she was coming. A smile spread across her face as she saw Jolenna standing outside on her front porch with her baby on her hip. She had not seen them both in such a long time.

Getting out of her car with new found excitement she ran over to her best friend and her baby Ezekiel giving them a big hug.

"Hey there little fat baby, how are you?" she said tickling his little tummy. Baby Ezekiel let out a few giggles.

"Bitch, don't you see the lady holding the little fat baby?" rolling her eyes she stood up.

"Good lord, Jojo you have not seen me in months and that's how you speak to me?"

"Of course, honey you should know me about now, hell you weren't born yesterday. And yes it's good to see you too sweetie. Now c'mon let's do something this hair of yours." Her friend quickly turned on her heel and went into the house with Sallie right on her heels.

Once she stepped into the home she felt herself relax. The scent of lavender, and chamomile filled her nostrils "Who put up a relaxation spell?" Sallie said aloud as they walked through the house until she finally reached her friends bedroom. Just like she expected a Pam Grier picture set there on her dresser, right next to wonder woman.

"I did. I am working my way to become a yoga instructor and getting my own studio. How do you like it?"

"I love it. I had no idea you were trying to be a yoga instructor. The hair business is not working out for you anymore?"

"Sit on the bed. The hair business is ok but I am getting bored with it. I want something new and fun. Plus I have always liked fitness and health so yoga, will be my dream job. I love helping people and healing them so why not."

Sallie Mae sat on the bed facing a tall mirror. In the mirror image she saw Jojo who sat little Ezekiel on the bed. She turned around facing the mirror behind her. She watched Jolenna play with her hair as she took in both their reflections in the mirror.

She took note of the beautiful black skin both of them had and noted the different complexions of it. Where Sallie had the smooth coco brown skin, Jolenna was a lighter complexion having smooth light skin like a honey color or caramel. She also took note that her friend was a gorgeous woman with the same heart shape face like hers, big lips, big dark brown eyes with voluminous eye lashes. She looked like a cross between Lauren London and Megan Good but, embodied her inspiration Pamela Grier.

"You know you are a gorgeous woman Jojo. I could have never understood why Carlos left you like he did."

"Well he did honey, he left me and Zeke so abruptly. He didn't say why, he just did not come home one day."

"But you said he was the biological father of Ezekiel and you had the DNA test to prove it although you really did not need it. What happen to you guys?"

Her friend let out a painful trying to repress the pain that was swelling inside of her. "Carlos was a good man, and still is but I could never understand why he would suddenly disappear on us like he did. I mean, I was not in love with him, but I did love him because he's a good friend, and was a wonderful father to Zeke." This caused Sallie to gasp in surprised.

"Wait a minute you said that you were in love with him, and wanted to be with him for the rest of your lives? You called 'That Pure Black Love'." Sallie said.

"Oh hush up girl; I was confusing that with lust. I was young, and simply thought if I masturbated to a guy I thought was attractive it was love. Then when it came time to do the actual deed my fantasies with Carlos went from 'OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH', AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, to oh is that it? So yeah, I was not impressed within those five minutes, and believe me they were actually five minutes. But those five minutes were worth it now because of that little fat poochie pie lying in my bed." Sallie threw her glance to see the sleeping form of little baby Ezekiel.

She thought it was such a shame that Mojo would have to be the stereotypical black single mother. Having a baby by a man that disappears, and does not want to be a father to his child is so common among the black community. She kind of felt bad that she would have to endure raising a fatherless child.

"So, what do you want me to do to your hair?"

"Umm just make it nice, and sexy. I have a date later on so, I want to look flawless."

"Well sweetheart just hold tight. I have been working on hair care spells for a while now, and I got just the thing. Just hold still." She saw Joelenna walk over to her dresser and picked up her spell book. She quickly schemed through the pages, and stopped at the page she was looking for.

"Ah ha, here it is I have just the thing. Alright girl, sit back, relax, and let me do all the work. How about a braided up afro? Does that sound good?"

"You are the stylist honey, do what you do best." She felt the energy pouring into her as Jolenna touch her scalp.

"A woman's hair is her crown, as to what a car is to man. She shall wear it with pride, and will never be snide. You my sistah gal shall be pro with a nice afro."

Sallie looked in the mirror astonished at how quickly it was to make her beautiful with just a simple spell. She had neat five braids on the left side of her head that stopped mid way, and the rest of her hair was in a stylish afro, just like Beyonce had in the ending scene of Austin Powers Gold member.

"Oh wow, Mojo I love it. Oh my God I am going to be so hot when I go on my date tonight. You are truly amazing thank you." Sallie said getting up to hug her friend.

"You are welcome you sexy bitch. Now, don't do anything I would do, or you would end up with something nasty or an unexspecting blessing." She said leaning her head to her child.

"Oh please I just meet this guy I am not getting down and dirty tonight. Plus this might be a one time thing between us."

"Oh whatever you say honey, you can do whatever you want. Just promise me this, lets meet up later on this week to do some roots, and work on our magic, and spells. How about Friday does that sound okay?"

Sallie could not help but feel excitement because she knew she gain something of magical use whenever her, and partner practice their magic together. In Joelenna's case they both would gain something because she knew her friend needed some tighten up in some of her own magic.

"Friday is fine, you can show me some of them Hodo magic you do."

"And you show all them nifty tricks you pull off to go undetected by other supernatural creatures. I have been having problems lately with some assholes, from a neighboring demon clan in the city."

"Oh girl we are in the same boat, I can go on and on about my boss, but we can save that for Friday. Anyways I have to stop by the mall to find something to wear for my date." Sallie said as she made her way to the front door.

"Alright, sweetie pie, have fun on your date."

)*(

"Damn I look good, if I say so myself." Sallie said looking in the mirror at her image. She bought a tight fitting red and black stripe dress at the mall. The dress hugged all her curves in the right places. To add the finishing touches to her outfit she put on black sandal high heels, and she even stopped by the beauty supply to pick up a fake black and red flower to go in her hair.

She turned herself around a second time when she heard her doorbell ring. She quickly went to open the door to see a dashing Roger standing on her front porch.

Once he got a view of her, she saw that his eyes widen in lust. She treated him with the same reaction she saw how handsome he looked with creased black jeans, nice dress shoes, nice clean white shirt and a black blazer to add the finishing touches.

"My God, you are gorgeous, baby." She laughed at his reply, it made her fell good.

"Thanks you, you look pretty damn sexy yourself in that outfit."

"Alright sexy, ready to go?"

"Sure. Just let me grab my hoop earrings, and car keys." The moment she turned around, Roger took the moment to study her body in that tight form fitting dress. She had the perfect body for his cup of tea. Although she was on the thin side, she still curves in all the right places that he would like to squeeze.

"Ok I got everything. Let's go."

)*(

Sallie could not stop smiling. She was hoping she was not looking like a doofus with a goofy grin on her face as Roger kept talking about his life, and what he do.

"I can tell by that look you aren't even paying attention to me."

"Huh, what? Why would you say that?"

"Because of that pretty smile of yours. Normally I would be upset but seeing you smile at me like does not matter. And plus I love the small spot of whip cream, just under those pretty full lips of yours."

"What. Oh my god. I am so embarrassed." Sallie said trying to lick off the whip cream off her lips.

"Oh baby, please don't be embarrassed. I actually like seeing you smiling at me, and licking whip cream off those luscious lips of yours."

"Oh wow what a pervert you are." She said giggling. Her giggling died down when their waiter came over.

"Alright you guys I see that you are all done with desert, so here is your check, and is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Yeah, you can keep the change." Roger said pulling out a hundred dollar bill to pay for their sixty dollar check. He stood up extending his hand to her, and she gladly took it.

"Thank you, so much. You guys have a lovely evening."

"You do the same." They both said in unison. They both walked out the restaurant hand in hand. Sallie could feel the callous Roger had from hard work over the years. She had always thought a man with strong manual labor working hands was sexy as hell. She love the feel of roughness rub against her body.

"Judging by your hands I can tell that, you work with your hands lot. What do you do for a living?"

"I work with planes. I am a mechanic, and I am working my way to be a pilot, in fact I even got my license from Red Wing aviation just yesterday, so as of now I am officially a pilot."

"Wow that's pretty cool. Is that why you mainly shift into a bird? Is it because your love of flying?"

"Yep. Ever since I was a kid, I have always wanted to fly. I love being in the air in both forms, so I figured why not get my license to fly, and get my own lot of jets and planes."

Sallie's breath was caught up for a moment. 'Does this man really have a lot full of planes and jets. I wonder how much money he have to afford that?' she thought to herself.

"Wow I can't believe I might be in the presence of a rich good looking guy that is actually interested in me. It feels like I am dreaming, but I know I am not because I wouldn't be feeling this buzzed from two glasses of screwdrivers."

"Hahaha. I can rest assured that you are not dreaming sweetie. I am very much interested in you, and I agree with you that do seem a little buzzed after a few glasses of orange juice and vodka. But not to worry we are almost to my car."

"Mmmm that's good." She said wrapping her arms around her shoulders.

Roger took notice, and took off his jacket, and handed it to her. "Here, you seem cold."

"Thank you. You are so sweet."

"I can say the same thing about you. Thank for agreeing to go on a date with me."

"You are welcome." They finally made it to his car, and Sallie felt relief that she could finally relax herself, but she didn't want this date to end. She was having to much of a good time.

"I had no idea The Onyx was this popular, for us to get a parking spot to damn far from the restaurant. It almost felt we walked a mile." She said hoping onto is car.

"Well, we are downtown, and it's a Saturday night, so of course this place will be packed." He said sitting next to her.

She let out a sigh as she rested her head on his shoulder, and looked up at the stars in the sky. They sat there in silence for a while, until she spoke up.

"I really had a nice time this evening. Thank you so much." She could feel him put his arm around her as he bought her closer to him. Out of her peripheral vision she could see him staring at her. She could sense that he wanted to ask something.

"Sallie I know what I am about to ask is strange, and might be a little inappropriate, but I can kiss you?" Sallie was taken aback. She would normally not kiss on the first date, usually because most of her first dates were assholes, and that was not the kind of girl she was, but looking into this man's eyes there was something different about him. She really liked him, and he has been so sweet to tonight, and not mention she was really attracted to him. 'So why not let him kiss you girl.' she was about to say yes, but he already beat her to the punch when his lips landed on hers.

Sallie was feeling butterflies in her belly, at the exhilarating kiss Roger was giving her. 'Damn this man can kiss.' She let herself go, when she felt the kiss deepen. She let out a little moan when he squeezed her closer to him.

When she put her hands on the back of his head to get more of him she was granted with a deep groan of his own. She could feel herself getting more excited, and could feel a big heat of lust coming over her, until everything suddenly changed for the worse, she started screaming.

)*(

Xavier could feel himself getting excited as the shapely brunette female vampire grinded up against him. But his mind and heart were still conflicted of this morning's revelation

"Ohh, baby why you so said? Am I not doing a good job making you happy? I think I am, your dick tells me so."

"Yeah X. you have a hot vampire grinding on you, and you got a mean mug on your face. Are you still thinking about that witch?"

Xavier shot him a nasty look, indicating that he did want to talk about her.

"Alright I'll shut up, in fact I leave for a moment, c'mon baby let's go to the V.I.P." Ermanno said grabbing his companion. Xavier took note that she was also a shapely vampire, with nice generous breasts, but Xavier was not interested in her, in fact he was not even interested in the vampire that was grinding on him as well. He let out a frustrated sigh. He had enough for the night, and needed a cigarette badly. Standing up he looked down at the vampire.

"Look sweetie, I am going to take a smoke. Now you are more than welcome to come along so you can get some blood or you can just stay here, it's your choice."

"Alright."

They moved quickly through the throng of dancing bodies towards the back exit door. Once outside Xavier wasted no time pulling out a lighter, and a cigarette from its carton and started smoking. The vampire was on him the moment he took a few puffs

He leaned against the wall letting the nicotine relax him, and the euphoric venom the vampire was injecting inside of him through his neck as she took her fill.

He took another drag of his cigarette debating whether he should take her home or not. 'She's hot as hell, her friend and her got nice tits, and by the way she's sucking my neck I bet she could suck one mean dick, preferably mine.' He smiled to himself.

When he put his cigarette to his lips for another drag, he stop when the wind pick up the scent of a witch bringing to his nostrils, and this was no ordinary witch, this witch was his mate. And this time the scent was strong. His wolf began to stir awake.

Throwing down his cigarette he leaned off the wall and began to follow his primal instincts.

"Hey I was not done. Where are you going?" the vampire was instantly a distant memory as he followed the witch's scent.

They were so close, they could literally feel her in his veins, and they wanted her now.

It did not take them long to find their mate, but when they did they were pissed at what they saw. Xavier could see nothing but red as his mate was being pawed by another man.

He lost all sense of control as his wolf finally took over.

His goal was to kill, and killing is what he was aiming to do.