All Comments on 'Should've Been'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 213 Comments (Page 3)
DormayVooDormayVoo9 months ago

I like a RAAC story when it is warranted. I feel it was justified here. It was well-done for 4 and a half pages, and then the reconciliation was over in a few paragraphs. If the reconciliation is the climax to the story, it should get a nicer build-up. This was too wham-bam thank you ma’am

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So close to a perfect story, but then you threw in a RAAC. Given the amount of pain she caused l, he should have simply walked away. Option 1: Move his company out of state and paid child support remotely without getting involved to avoid being tethered to the source of his pain. Option 2: Used his mother in law as intermediary for pick ups so he could see his son without having to deal with his ex. Either way, he needs to get away. He hasnt had a chance to escape his pain because the source of it is still in his life. I admit I'm not a fan of RAAC, but SS06's are one of the few I actually enjoy reading on this site, but this one just doesn't work. "Love happily ever after" more like "Lived as a toxic manipulative sociopath's emotional chew toy". Still, baring the last couple of paragraphs, a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Cuck stories volume 42

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Crazy story but somehow it worked. She clearly had a mental health disorder from birth.

While unethical, she was smart to not bring up any other trysts before Steve. If she had tried the blackmail story, Jake never would have reconciled. As it is Jake is pretty clueless to think her cheating only occurred with Steve that last six months from time to time, since she admitted yo never actually loving him until recently. Jake and Aubry were pretty attached all the time, so except for during his time at work, she didn't have much opportunity to cheat. Hence the "occasionally" comment.

She was lucky Steve didn't bring up the lawn care guy, probably not out of any sense of nobility but self preservation, since if Jake got wind of the blackmail sex, he would have burned Steve to the ground.

Of course, she was stupid enough after her epiphany of love for Jake to do it "one more time". As she said in the basement, Steve had even more to lose and notice how Steve caved. But suppose without that no story. It is interesting that she rarely had orgasm with other men either before or after she met Jake. She had desire and the sex was pleasurable to a point, but it was more like a task for her and she rarely was fulfilled. Not how she desired the lawn care guy and his chiseled physique, but drew no satisfaction and the sex was poor. As she started to fall in love with Jake, the sexual fulfillment got less and less. If Steve had not blackmailed her, she might have stopped her trysts. Ironic that the last time, when Jake watched them, she did achieve an orgasm but because, in her own thoughts, she was fantasizing about the making love with Jake the previous night after he epiphany, and loved forward to her husband coming come to go at it again. Because she finally had give her all to Jake.

Still seems unlikely to play out at as a reconciliation in real life. Ironic because for this author the cheating wives almost always do it for irrational reasons, except by definition Aubrey's whole emotional value system was messed up due to her mental health disorder. Also usually the cheating wives in a SS06 role gets pregnant via her cheating. But instead Aubrey is smart and always mandated a condom for whoever she was screwing on the side, in addition to being on the pill. Anyways the reconciliation seemed to brief and should have been more built up.

Clearly they were both miserable without each other. But yeah unlikely. Still I enjoyed it and the author took a risk with the ending. Thought he was going to end up with the female detective. 5 stars.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

1 star - this story failed the RAAC rules - sorry, no RAAC possible for this SLUT.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm not normally a fan of RAAC stories, but this one was well done, and <i>reasonable</i> and believable. Actually 4.5 stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm a sucker for the reconciliation route and this was done very well.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I don't know why people call this "RAAC" that stands for "reconciliation at any cost" - but that's clearly not what happened here. There was a cost here, a pretty hefty one for both of them. That's the thing I think that bothers people about reconciliation, the person who has been cheated on has to pay, often more, than the person who did the cheating. A marriage is like a business partnership and the currency is love, trust, intimacy and vulnerability. A partnership however is only fair when both people pay into it equally and take out from it equally - in the case of infidelity, often one (or both) partners are paying into it just the minimum and the cheating partner is withdrawing at the maximum. The thing is, in real life, when situations like this happens and when it works out (only 50% of reconciliations work out) the adulterous party has more than a few pages to start paying back into the relationship and making it whole again. It takes time. A lot of time for most people. 5, 10 years is not uncommon. However, the one thing I can definitely say from having witnessed it in my own life is that the people who make it, the ones who start really paying into their partnership and stop emptying their accounts, their relationships blossom. Hearing them say things like, "Our marriage is better than it ever was" is pretty common and the reason should be obvious - if they've made it that long post an infidelity together, then how did they do it? The only logical explanation would be that they figured out how to build something better than what they had. I'd like to believe that this is the direction that Jake and Aubrey are going in, certainly the writing and the narration from Aubrey leads me to believe that she finally discovered how to love and I'm sure being a new mother (and them both wanting a second child) is going to drive that feeling to new heights.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I guess I could see a reconciliation happening here. This is not a raac why are people saying this as raac? Their was a cost. And we have to understand that as the author portrays Aubrey, she was incapable of love or was emotionally disconnected. Does that make her cheating excusable? Definitely not, she only realised she loved him during her confession of her friend getting a divorce. And she realised she was acting just like that scum husband of her friend. She realised it too late and paid her price, she gave him the divorce and even help him set up a blind date even though it hurt her. I'd like to believe she learned her lesson in the end. Though it be a different story if the mc learned that his friend Steve was not the only one. But even then reconciliation might be possible because it was as before Aubrey was emotionally disconnected.

OldbuddyOldbuddy3 months ago

Thank you Mustang obsessed man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Weak Man

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Great story! If you have never loved a person with a mental health disorder, you might disagree. It’s a different universe. Five stars!

Poppi123

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Typical Stangster success. 5 stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous