Siblings and Lovers Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LaRascasse
LaRascasse
1,134 Followers

They laughed heartily as Kyle left with the plates. Stella turned in Dana's direction with a serious expression on her face.

"Dana, I have something very important to discuss with you."

Dana leant in curiously as she went on.

"We both love Kyle and want what is best for him, right?"

Dana nodded curiously.

"He has helped both of us out so much. I was lonely and destructive and his love has made me feel better about myself than I have in years. I can only guess how much support and love he gave you."

"My brother is.." Dana's voice trailed off as she quickly wiped some moisture from the corners of her eyes. "... a very special person. He has been there all my life whenever I needed him."

Stella reached out a hand to gently pat her on the shoulder. The two women silently counted their blessings at being close to someone so rare.

"There is something I want Kyle to do. I know he will resist, which is why I need you to help me convince him."

"What is it?"

Stella told her. Dana's eyebrows shot up in surprise. She lowered her voice to a hushed tone.

"Are you sure about this?"

"He has always been there to help us overcome our demons. I think that we need to return the favour now."

"But are you sure he can go through with it?" said Dana, concerned about what their scheme might do to her little brother.

"He has to. He needs to. I owe it to him," said Stella with a knowing smile, her sleeveless Valentino dress giving her an air of sartorial elegance.

They were interrupted by Kyle reappearing from the kitchen smiling heartily at something. He began talking in his usual cheery tone.

"You two will never guess what hap...."

His sentence was cut short as he saw the sombre expressions on their faces. An uneasy silence hung in the air. Dana moved one seat to her left and patted the empty chair between her and Stella.

"Sit down, Kyle. We need to talk."

He sat down between the two of them, unsure and quizzical. Stella turned to him first.

"You know how much your sister and I love you, right?"

He nodded warily. Stella looked over towards his sister who nodded. The tension in the air was palpable.

"We want you to do something for us," said Dana from his other side, carefully measuring every word. "Can you do that for us, bro?"

"What is it?" said Kyle, barely audible.

Stella took out a pamphlet from her pocket and handed it to Kyle. He studied the cover carefully for a while. The two girls eyed him apprehensively, awaiting his reaction. It was a long while later, that he looked up from the pamphlet and turned to face Dana, a bewildered expression on his face.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. Stella and I want you to do this. It's her idea, but I agree. You need this."

Kyle could not form words in his mouth. His throat was dry and he got a glass of water and took a sip, a chaotic mess of jumbled thoughts in his head.

"Dana, you of all people should know why I can't do this."

She held his arm tightly and placed her other hand on his shoulder. Her eyes radiated a loving warmth and confidence.

"I will be there right by your side every step of the way. Don't you forget that."

Stella got up and hugged him from behind. Her lightly scarred but soft arms wrapped around his neck. She brought her lips to his ear and soothingly whispered in his ear, "Don't forget. I will be there too."

Kyle Walsh was at a loss for words. The two women who meant more to him than anything else had asked him to face his greatest fear. The pamphlet advertising the one year anniversary candle light vigil for 9/11 lay on the table.

He slowly picked it up.

"I can't believe you talked me into this," muttered Kyle under his breath. Two weeks later, he was standing on Trinity Plaza. There was a veritable throng of faces around him, but the only two he cared about were right by his side.

He looked up at the site where just a year back, he had witnessed the death of his parents. The skyline somehow seemed incomplete without the two colossal towers. It had taken all his preparation and mental fortitude to just stand in the same street, but soon he was going to walk right past it.

A volunteer came by and handed the three of them candles. Soon the entire dark road was lit up with hundreds of candle lights moving in slow unison.

Kyle tried to walk, but it seemed like he was rooted to the spot, his nightmare still playing on his mind.

Almost at once, he felt two comforting arms clutch him from either side. He looked left and then right to see them waiting for him to take his first step. The first step towards the completion of his healing process. The first step towards finally putting this memory under wraps.

Flanked on either side by these two pillars of support, Kyle Walsh did the bravest thing of his adult life.

He held a burning candle and walked down a road.

*

To all those who walked with me last year at the 10th anniversary candle light vigil for the victims of 9/11.

And to New York, the city with a heart. A heart that will always beat for those who lost their lives that day.

LaRascasse
LaRascasse
1,134 Followers
12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
Tygerlove69Tygerlove69over 9 years ago
simply amazing

It seems that every chapter I read touches me deeply and I think you are an amazing writer and should make sequel series

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

How beautiful is this chapter.... You bring out emotions so naturally.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

My Sister Eva Started It All Sister begs disguised brother to fuck her on Halloween.in Incest/Taboo
My Virgin Sister What starts as spying ends up as much, much more.in Incest/Taboo
Words on Skin A little sister can't say some things out loud.in Incest/Taboo
Use Your Sisters Instead To stay out of hell, he'll have to stick it in his sisters.in Incest/Taboo
The Sleepover Brother interrupts sister's sleepover, lingerie party.in Incest/Taboo
More Stories