Silver Moon: A Change Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~

As soon as Dan was done, he headed towards Allysson's office and knocked and then walked in. Jon was in her office as well. Dan barely managed not to flop in a chair and looked tired and worn. "Well it is done. Ben is keeping half the pack and I am keeping the other half." The pain in his voice showed. Breaking the bonds with his pack hurt badly and it was going to take time to recover. "We are going to station two wolves with the packs that we don't trust as advisors."

He sighed and finally stood up again. "I am going to get something to eat and go to bed." He nodded to them and slowly walked out of the room. It seemed like for the last six months, his life had mostly been bad other than Mari and their pups: losing his mate and children, losing his pack, having to put back together a broken pack. Now he had had to break up his old pack and try and integrate the two.

Dan didn't talk to anyone and settled for simply eating and ignored any attempted conversation. Eventually he was done eating and silently left the dining room and headed to his bedroom. Once inside he was starting to strip when there was a knock on the door. When he responded it was almost a snarl. "What?"

Lord Danilo it is Gettie and I know you are hurting and I was hoping that I could give you a massage and maybe a good shower. I just want to help you and nobody sent me." She knew that he would never accept someone who was sent to him for comfort.

He considered it and finally opened the door. "Only comfort and nothing else." He moved back so she could come in and she headed towards the bathroom and started the water running. "I will wash your back and chest and then maybe a good back massage." Gettie gave him a good hug and held him for a moment. "I can't even begin to imagine how hard that was for you, and right after you got them back."

"Come Dan, a good soak will help you relax and let some of the tension go." She settled in the tub behind him and started working on his hair and then back. She took her time to help him relax. Once done, she pulled him back and worked on his chest and abdomen. Since she was almost as tall as he was, she could easily reach most of his body. Finally she had him stand up and rinsed him off with a flexible shower head. That done she took her time drying him off and ended up wrapping the towel around his waist.

"Let me get the water proof sheet ready and then one good massage and I think you will sleep adequately." This was the third time she had spent time with him and loved the feel of his body. She, much like Sheliae preferred men heavy with muscle and Dan definitely had that. Once he lay down she lightly oiled her hands and started working on his back. She took her time with it and by the time she was done he was quietly snoring.

With a smile she carefully wiped any remaining oil off his back and pulled the sheet up and curled up next to him and was quickly asleep herself. She had to admit that she would like to spend some intimate time with him, but right now was not the right time. Maybe later, before he gave Mari away. She had to smile at that since Alysson had mentioned it and asked her to be silent about it. The timing for Dan bringing Sylvia down was perfect timing since it was time for Mari to be introduced to the cadet clans.

~~~

The next morning he found himself curled around Gettie and pulled her closer. If it had been any of his wolves he would have asked them to leave but he needed the comfort. As he was pulling her close she rolled over and gathered him close. He gave a sad sigh. "It felt so good to have them back in my mind and now I am losing half of them. Lady of the Moon it hurts. I am tired of the pain."

Gettie gathered him close and sighed herself. "I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to go through everything you have." She stroked his hair and back and contemplated what to say. "I can't say much, but eventually you will have support to deal with it." Sheliae had told her that he would eventually find his new mate. How long it would take she wasn't sure but he would. "Time to get up my lord alpha." She was teasing him a bit.

Dan grumbled at her. "Lord my ass. I am just an alpha and nothing else." He wasn't really sure why he kept getting called Lord Alpha and it was making him grumpy.

Gettie leaned back and looked a bit startled. "But you will be. If you are accepted by the spirits when Lord Geoff and Lady Mari finally mate you will be entered in the clan rolls as both a lord and as a member of the clan. Granted, it will only apply to you and none of your future pups." When he looked rather shocked she smiled. "How does it feel to suddenly be a lord? Oh, you will get an ID and certificate indicating as such as your affiliation with the clan."

Dan groaned. "Oh great. I have an audit coming up shortly and I can just see that going over really well. 'Oh, by the way I am not just a citizen of your country, but a member of the Silver Kitsune Clan'." He facepalmed when he said that.

Gettie snickered and rolled out of bed. "Time for a shower Dan."

~~~

Once he was done with breakfast and the shower he gave Gettie a good hug. "Thank you Gettie. I suppose Aiden could have given me comfort as well but I need someone not from the pack." As they walked out of his suite, they ran into Mari.

"I see where my assistant has gone. I might have to have a discussion with Dan about taking her and spending the night." She knew why but had to tease her and him. "Besides if she gets knocked up, Alysson would go up in flames."

Dan growled at her for the teasing, though he knew it was in good jest. It didn't help that he turned red as well. "Nothing happened other than she comforted me. Maybe if a certain clan heir hadn't taken my submissive..."

They talked as he headed to Alysson's office. He had talked to her last night, but he had been really tired and wasn't sure what all he had said. Part of it was the loosing of the pack bonds that had made him so tired. When he arrived, he didn't even get a chance to knock before he was called in.

Again Jon and Alysson were in there and she came over and gave him a good hug. "You look somewhat better Dan. I hope having Gettie curl up with you helped." She led him over to a couch and poured some coffee for him and fixed a small plate of some meat nibbles. "I know you didn't eat much. You need the food."

Dan looked at Jon, and got a slight smile and assumed that he was okay with it. "Thank you my lady. I just can't show it to the packs." They would see it as weakness. "Oh, what the hell is this about my becoming a Lord?" He needed the change of subject.

She smiled at him. "I am sure Gettie explained it, but since Mari is part of your pack then you will become part of the clan." Alysson seemed to think of something. "While I am thinking about it since you are going to be here an extra day or two, there is something I would like to discuss with you." Her voice was totally casual.

He contemplated what she had to say about his becoming a lord and he shook his head again. "God, the paperwork I am going to have to deal with. Depending on how much paperwork, I might hate you!" Dan grinned at her when he said it. "So what is it you want to talk about?"

The pack had come to the estates close enough to the introduction ceremony that they could stay for it. It might sound bad but what Dan really cared about was getting Sylvia fixed. Dan hadn't known about the Alpha's visit but it actually worked well.. "Well Dan, I know you hadn't really planned on being gone this long. Since you are going to be here, the time when Mari is introduced to the clans is special." She took a sip of her green tea. I think it would be lovely for you to give her away." For a moment she looked sad. "You are the closest thing she has to a father figure."

That made him pause and think since she was right. It was sort of an odd relationship considering that she had spent her nights in his bed comforting his wolf. Add to the fact that she was carrying his children. Dan sort of laughed. "'Strangest parent child relationship I have ever seen." There was sadness but amusement as well in his voice. "She shared my bed, is having my pups, and occasionally showered with me."

Alysson couldn't help but smile at his attempted joke. "But you forgot one of the most important things. You gave her love and safety. She might have comforted you but you also gave her comfort and safety." As she was talking, she was sipping on the coffee and enjoying it. "That is something she hasn't had till you showed up and then Geoff. He has been giving her a different type of love and caring."

He contemplated what she was saying and slowly nodded since from that point of view, it did make sense. "I see what you are saying and you are right. I will walk her down the aisle. I would like Angie and Gianni to be there as well." They were important to Mari as well.

Alysson raised an eyebrow. It wasn't that she minded but she was curious as to the choices. "If you don't mind my asking why, I would like to know." She sort of waved her hand to indicate she didn't mind. "I know they are junior pack members but that doesn't bother me. I am just curious."

Dan smiled. "If I am Mari's stand in father, then Angie is her stand in mother and Gianni represents the pups. Nothing else." The more he thought about it, the more he liked the idea. "Thank you for coming up with it. Of course, my senior wolves will need to be there."

She nodded and gave him a warm smile. "Good choices. Though Gianni might steal the show." She was such a darling little girl. "Now why don't you go and gather them up, find Mari and go get fitted for formal robes." Alysson smirked. "Can't have you giving her away in jeans and one of those horrible shirts you had made." She was taking his version of concert shirts. There was also a bit more of a smirk since she knew he wasn't expecting their version of dress clothing.

It wasn't an order so Dan didn't get riled up, but he narrowed his eyes at her. He could sense a bit more amusement in her expression than there should be. There was something else going on and he wasn't sure what and didn't trust that smirk. "You are making me nervous with that grin." Jon was grinning as well and Dan glowered at him as well for good measure. "Just remember I am bigger than you are."

Dan stood and left the office but was far enough from the office that he didn't hear the peals of laughter. *Angie, you and Gianni meet me at Mari's office please.* He contacted them via the bonds. *Mari, Alysson said I need to get some formal robes made for your induction.*

He got a sort of startled reaction from Angie, but her alpha didn't sound upset. She gathered up Gianni from some of the Kitsune children she had been playing with. In a way she felt sort of sad since she had so many kits to play with here but back at the pack it was limited. "Come Gianni, Dan needs to talk to us."

Dan walked into Mari's office and gave her a warm smile and a nod at Gettie. "Thanks again for last night." He settled in a chair and when Mari gave him a curious look he simply smiled at her. "Patience, Mari Angie and Gianni will be here shortly." Moments later they walked in and looked a little worried.

"Relax you two. Alysson asked me to escort Mari down the aisle as a stand in for her father. I asked if you could escort her as her stand in for her mother and Gianni for the pups." Gettie smiled and Mari looked shocked.

Gianni snickered and did a little dance. "I getta give Mari away. I getta give Mari away." Mari was still looking shocked but the rest stood there smiling.

Gianni's mother laughed. "Just as long as you don't accuse Geoff of stealing your Mari again."

Mari finally stood up and walked over to Angie and gave her a hug before giving Dan a hug as well. "Thank you all three of you. You have no idea how much this means to me." Her final hug was for Gianni and she gave her a good squeeze. "Love you kiddo."

While this was going on, Dan noticed Gettie had a slight smirk on her face and he frowned at her which only got a bigger smirk. "Well, let's get going so she has time to get any tailoring done." She stood up and led them out of the office. The walk to the shop didn't take very long and when they walked in the old lady grinned.

"Oh my, I haven't measured an Alpha for a long time, and a Lord Alpha never." She gave him a good eyeball. "I don't suppose you might be available for dinner and maybe a quiet evening?"

Dan instantly turned red and stuttered something as Gettie and Mari snickered at him. Angie and Gianni were simply looking confused.

The old woman laughed at him. "Just teasing, young man. It has been a long time since I have had such a good looking Alpha grace my shop. Now all of you strip down to your undies so I can get some measurements." As they were doing that she was getting her measuring tape and one or two other things.

She started with Gianni and just for good measure gave her a light tickle. "Bet your mother is proud of you. What colors are your favorite?" The colors would be specific but since she was a kit the embroidery would be sort of generic.

Gianni really thought about it and as usual she sort of twisted her toes in a circle. "Pink and Gray please. Pink because I am a girl and gray because that is how my alpha feels at times." He had gotten better but sometimes he still hurts.

Helda knelt down and gave her a good hug. "Those are some good colors sweetie." She distracted the little girl from the stressed expression on Dan's face till it cleared up.

"Now, your turn Lady Angie." She measured her and made notes for some jewelry as well. She would be a junior noble, but noble still. Angie was going to get some wolf specific jewelry. "What colors do you want?"

Angie contemplated it and with a nod, smiled. "Forest green and lake blue." She leaned against Dan. "When I scent Dan I smell forest and bubbling brooks." She took the lead from her daughter in the colors. She knew that Gianni was thinking pink for Dan as well.

Dan gave Angie a good hug and then leaned over and with a slight smile. "I feel tickly fingers coming on." He scooped her up and gave her a good hug and light tickle. Helda harumped at him and he smiled at her. "I get the hint.

He stood there and waited for her to measure him. "You don't have an Alpha necklace do you? I will take care of it for you." She touched his face. "You will approve of it Lord Alpha." She smiled. "What colors do you like?"

Dan didn't even think. "Black and white. They are the dress colors for my world." Well for a tux and formal affairs. It never occurred to him that those colors wouldn't work for the introduction.

Helda shook her head. "Those are colors for official occasions and serious discussion, not for an introduction to a future mating." She looked at him and felt his spirit and sighed. She was pleased that he was healing. "I think a dark silver gray would blend in with the other colors and a light green that will compliment Angie."

Dan shrugged. "That works for me, Helda. You know what colors work best and I will trust you." He frowned at her. "Any pink and I might just spank you or reorganize your bolts of cloth." Dan started laughing when she looked horrified at that idea.

"Just for that..." She left the room and came back a few moments later with an arm full of cloth. She carefully sorted it out and skipped the loincloths since she had measured for them already. "First the little lady." She pulled the under robe out and carefully dressed her into it before adding the over robe, neatly tied the obi, and then took some more measurements.

The little girl held her arms out and looked at the cloth in wonder since it was silk and she had never felt or worn it before. "Goody, this is lovely." She carefully felt the cloth and her expression showed awe.

After carefully undressing the little girl, Helda told her to get dressed. She then turned to Angie and did much the same thing and after taking measurements had her change as well. She wasn't going to need to do too much altering for those two, but Dan? That was going to be interesting.

When she pulled out the under robe, Dan stared at it as if it was a poison snake. "What is that thing? I thought only girls wore those things." He sounded slightly horrified. The darn thing looked like a dress which offended him.

She laughed at him. "These are our formal robes Dan and I think they will look good on you." She helped him into the under robe and then the over robe. The Obi was neatly tied and she frowned slightly before walking over to a cabinet and pulling out a long box. "These belonged to my mate and I am sure he would be proud for you to wear them."

When she opened the long ornate box, there were two swords in it: one shorter one and one longer one. The Katana was simple yet elegant. The matching wakizashi was the same style and Dan's eyes opened in shock.

"You don't need to do that Lady." Dan knew quality workmanship when he saw it. He ran his finger just above the sheath and looked awed. "These were his personal weapons. I can't use them." His expression was both shocked and honored.

"Lord Alpha Danilo, if anyone was to wear them, it would be you. I have sampled your spirit and you are worthy." She pulled out the Katana and inserted it and then the wakizashi before he could really do anything. Helda stepped back and nodded. "Now you are dressed correctly and nobody will argue with you when you give Mari and your pups to Geoff."

She took the swords off and put them away in the case and then back in the cabinet where she had pulled them from. "Now why don't you change so I can take care of adjusting your formal robes." She waited for Dan to get changed.

Before he did he clapped once to get the spirit's attention. "I am honored to be allowed to use your swords. It will mean a great deal to myself, Mari, and Geoff." Once done, he dressed and looked at her. "I do have one favor. I need to get a present for Geoff." He pulled out a pad of paper and wrote a note on it. She returned the notebook with another note. "Thank you."

Angie pretty much repeated the process. "Do you need anything Gianni?" The little girl shook her head but wouldn't say anything about it.

As they were walking out Gettie stage whispered to Mari, "Can I borrow him for an evening..." Just for good measure she smiled at him and eyeballed him.

Mari snickered. "You would have to ask him and if he said no... I can give you a few suggestions." She was pretty sure that Dan had turned down a number of offers over the last few days.

Dan frowned and sighed. "Right now isn't the right time or place to discuss this." He glowered at both women since they were teasing him. He had to admit that some company would be nice before they left and Gettie was a good looking woman. "I would hate to knock you up though."

She laughed at him. "I am not in heat so that wouldn't happen. Even if it was for companionship like last night that would be fine. I enjoyed being curled up next to you." She wasn't going too mentioned why she was there in front of his pack.

He glowered at Gettie. "You knew what I was going to be forced into didn't you? I saw your smile when I walked into the room and knew that Alysson was entirely too entertained when she told me she was going to send me over for a fitting." He growled at the women and frowned when both of them seemed to get some enjoyment out of it. "Fine, for Mari's sake I will wear the damn thing."

Both women laughed at him and Mari responded. "But your expression was so precious. Geoff loved the picture I sent him." She had since gotten a phone and gave Dan an insouciant look and smiled when he growled at them and left.

Dan went to the person that Helda had recommended and walked in. "Good morning. My name is Dan and I need your help." He had a specific item he wanted for Geoff.