Silver Moon: A Change Ch. 11

Story Info
Dan finds his mate and Mari finally delivers.
18.6k words
4.81
24.3k
20

Part 13 of the 29 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 04/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

Good evening, morning, or whatever time it is where my readers live. I did want to say thank you to everyone for their patients as I finished this chapter and had it reviewed by Pocketbook Lover. I do hope you like the twists and turns in this chapter as you read it.

I would also like to say thank you to all my readers for the urgings I kept getting to keep my writing up. As I told my therapist today it helps keep me sane. Beyond that I will plead a fifth... Of rootbeer... All the feedback and comments have helped me adjust the story to an extent so that my current readers keep enjoying it. It is also so that new readers will also enjoy it as well.

I am working on chapter 3 of Ranicke and hope to have it done this evening or tomorrow. For all the screams and groans I got from the Sholan Alliance I am working on bk 2 c1 right now. I will admit I am having some urges to add some drama and excitement to that chapter. I enjoyed doing a story that the drama was mostly personal and not from external sources for the most part. I really enjoyed working both Billy's and Satasha's relationship into from friends to something more.

Though it really doesn't matter in this chapter any and all sexual relations are 18+.

*****

The week seemed to crawl and the closer Friday got the more nervous he became. Pam had invited him over for dinner and to be totally honest he was tied in knots over it. It had been close to a year since he'd lost his mate. Much of the grieving had been done but some would never go away. Losing a part of your soul was the sort of wound that never really healed, though as time passed it did become easier though it would never become easy.

What Sheliae had done many months ago helped a great deal but they both knew the agony would never really go away. That was one reason he was nervous since it felt like he was cheating on his mate. The other reason was simply the fact that he hadn't dated anyone for years and he didn't want to come across as awkward.

Eventually he went upstairs and stared into his closet and sighed. He really had no idea what he should wear for the dinner. As he was fretting over it Angie walked in and snorted. "Dan, take a chill pill and relax. She simply asked you over to pay you back for the meals you purchased for her. This should work." She picked out some clothes and pointed towards the shower. "Go, trim your beard, brush your teeth, and I'll take care of your hair when you're done."

Dan grumbled as she sort of pushed him around. "Aiden is likely to frown at you for spending time with me like this." He knew better but she was taking advantage of his stress and was making decisions for him. He knew she was trying to help him but he was really stressed and it was bothering him.

She snorted at him. "Aiden knows why I'm here and isn't worried. He knows you better than that." She turned and gave him a good hug. "Dan, go and relax and enjoy the evening. You have done so much and you deserve an evening to relax." That was a whisper. "Go and relax my Alpha."

Dan returned the hug. "I'm scared Angie." He closed his eyes. "I... I... I feel like I'm cheating on my mate. Yes, she has gone before but... Damn it, I miss her." Since Angie was one of the junior wolves in the pack and he simply held on for a few moments before he let go and stalked off to the bathroom. He took care to make sure his beard was tidy and brushed his teeth till they were almost polished. The shower took a bit longer than normal but soon enough he was done and toweled off and walked out.

"Hush Dan. I can feel how scared you are but I think she would be pleased with you starting to move forward with your life." She comforted him before giving him a knowing smile. "Besides you already have several pups on the way and I know for a fact you haven't been totally celibate in the last few months." That got her growled at before he stalked into the bathroom and she smiled.

Angie smiled and started working on his hair to make a very neat and tidy braid and at the end added a silver wolf charm. She took her time and then helped him dress. "Your hair will be damp for a while but your shirt should dry by the time you arrive." Her hand stroked his cheek. "Please my Alpha go and take some time for yourself. You've done so much for the Pack and even in a way the Silver Kitsune Clan."

Dan sighed since he knew what she meant. She had lost a mate and was doing her best to both comfort and urge him to start living again. It was the living again that scared him so much. Burying his grief in saving the pack, helping it become better, and even a few liaisons had helped but the idea of actually seeing someone this way really scared him.

"Go Dan, Pam is waiting and I have a good feeling about this evening." She gave him a light kiss and urged him towards the doors of his suite. He had on the mating bracelet as well as his Alpha necklace which he rarely wore. She made sure he looked his best and even if his date with Pam ended up lasting only a few weeks or a month or two she knew it would be good for him.

**

Dan climbed into the truck and had to consider getting a car. For some reason going on a date in a truck bothered him. If he'd been back home he would've been in one of his sports cars but what they called a sports car here was pathetic. All of this was helping to distract him from what he was trying to avoid thinking about.

For some reason his wolf was curled up, half asleep in his mind and was feeling content. That bothered him since his wolf got this way when he knew something Dan didn't and he was concerned about what it was. He sent a thought to him and was given a sort of 'enjoy the evening' from him and he went back to sleep which really frustrated Dan since he was used to a much more active wolf. "I am so going to pluck your mental tail wolf." That got him a grumble.

Eventually, he made it to Pam's and paused in the truck before finally climbing out and walking to the door. His heart was beating in overtime which was bothering him since he wasn't sure why. He finally knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. When she did he was pleased to see seemed to be dressed similar to him. "I really wasn't sure what to wear but one of my Pack helped me."

She smiled and opened the door wider and stepped aside. "Please come in Dan and you look very nice." Her house smelled of spaghetti sauce and she hoped he liked it. Personally she had found Dan very interesting and endearing as he had brought the pups to the town. Why she was drawn to him she wasn't sure but there was a definite draw for her.

He gave a shy smile when she said he looked good. "Thanks Pam and I really hope so; it's been a while since I've been to someone's house like this." He forced his loss back but it still showed in his eyes as he moved into her house.

"Dan I have to ask, why the sadness in your eyes? It really bothers me and I want to know." She moved over to him and stroked his cheek and leaned against him. "There's something that is keeping you sad and I want and almost need to know. Please tell me."

Dan wrapped his arms around her and lowered his head and almost cried. "I lost my mate and children just about a year ago in the world I come from. They were killed in an accident." He rested his head on her shoulder and took a number of slow deep breaths; that was the wrong thing to do since what his wolf had been hiding from him hit like a hammer.

His eyes dilated and he froze in place. This was the scent of a mate and not just any mate but his mate. For some reason he tended to mate with human's since his very first mate had been human as well as Nang. Now it seemed that Pam was eventually going to be his mate as well. He closed his eyes and his jaw tensed and he finally stepped back and let her go. His eyes were starting to change colors and before he realized it he almost ran out of the house. Where he was headed he wasn't sure but to be honest he was running from what he had scented.

Eventually he found himself at some bar and settled at one end. When the bartender came over Dan looked at him and looked at the bar options. "Give me the half bottle of the premium rum and leave me alone please." At the moment all he wanted was to be left alone, what he scented had scared the bloody living hell out of him.

The bartender noticed the heavy gold necklace and the medallion on the end and almost asked him to leave. The wolf looked worked up about something and the last thing they needed was for an angry wolf in the bar. They could do some serious damage and that necklace proclaimed that he was the lead wolf. That meant he was faster, stronger, and meaner than the others. The fact that the pack had changed leadership was slowly filtering through town but hadn't made it this far.

***

Pam was shocked when Dan ran out of the house and down the street. She wasn't sure what to do but eventually one thing came to mind and she picked up the phone and when one of the Pack answered she almost hung up. "Um, something happened and Dan..." She closed her eyes and continued. "He ran from my house and I don't know why. I know he lost his mate and family but... What do I do?"

Saul frowned and sighed saying diplomatically, "Ma'am, we'll be there as soon as possible. I'm not sure what's going on but we will come and try to straighten this out." He called for Felanzi. *Come, something is going on with Dan and I need your help.*

She hurried down to where he was. "So what's going on?" Felanzi asked and Saul sighed.

*Pam is his next mate if my wolf is right. Dan freaked out. He needs someone to sort of smack some sense into him and get him to move on.* Saul sighed and pulled her into his lap. *Let's just say someone told me she is going to be the final healing of him. I can't say more than that though I wish I could.*

They climbed into the car and Saul pulled out. He didn't take his time and was at her house in almost record time and they quickly walked to the door and knocked. When Pam answered she looked very upset and Saul didn't blame her. He stepped forward and gave her a good hug. "Relax Pam I think I know what's going on and need to talk to Dan. My mate Felanzi will stay with you while I find Dan."

Felanzi moved forward and gave her a hug as well. "Can I make you something to drink? Would you like some nice warm herbal tea?" As she was talking she led Pam over to the couch and urged her to sit down. "I'm sorry if Dan upset you but it's something he'll need to talk to you about." She stood and went to the kitchen and followed her nose to the cabinet with the tea and started some water boiling.

***

Saul stalked out of the house to the car and headed towards where he felt Dan. His Alpha wasn't hiding his location though he wasn't broadcasting either. It took a bit of time to find him and frowned when he found he was at a bar. He wasn't worried about Dan being drunk but the emotions he was feeling was a total mash and he didn't need the slight buzz that he might get.

When Saul walked in he found Dan at the end of the counter and he was doing a decent job of downing at least part of a bottle of something. Saul walked over and though he knew he was going to get in trouble he smacked him on the back of the head. "What the hell are you doing Alpha? You freak out and left a terrified lady at home." There was a growl that got everyone's attention.

The bartender as well as the customers nearby all looked shocked and there was a sudden exodus towards the exits since many of them had seen wolf fights. They tended to be interesting, destructive, and hard on anyone nearby. The bartender was pale but stood his ground. "If you're going to have a fight go outside. If you destroy my bar, I'll file suit."

Dan turned and snarled at Saul for his presumption but the look on Saul's face said a great deal. "You can pound me into the ground later but right now you need to go talk to Pam and explain it to her. You scared the crap out of her when you ran and you need to go back and deal with this." He did lift his chin in submission but kept his eyes on Dan's.

Dan snarled at him but what Saul was saying was true. He knew Saul wasn't a challenge but his wolf was now worked up and he reached over and grabbed Saul's shirt. He snarled at Saul and jerked him close. "I will deal with you later." He shoved him away and stalked out of the bar. If Dan honestly admitted it most of his anger was that Saul was right, he had freaked out and left Pam at her house and probably very upset.

Though he didn't know his exact location, he was able to follow his scent of fear and panic to her house. When he reached the house he almost stalked to the porch and could smell Felanzi there as well. He knocked and then walked into the house. "Felanzi, Saul will be here in a few moments with the car. Go home and I'll talk to you later." He sounded both angry and frustrated as he spoke.

Pam was starting to look scared since Dan was sounding angry and she had seen angry Alpha's before. All she could do was cower on the couch as Dan commanded Felanzi to leave. To be honest she would have preferred if the other wolf had remained but there wasn't anything she could do. "Please don't hurt me Dan." She was starting to cry.

Dan slowly moved forward and crouched down in front of her. He was still angry and frustrated with Saul and his wolf but her fear was hitting him hard. "I will never hurt you Pam. I'm sorry I ran like that but..." He lowered his head and rested it on her lap. "When I scented you, I discovered you will at some point end up being my mate and it scared the living crap out of me."

Pam almost jerked when he laid his head in her lap but instinctively her hands came up and started stroking his hair. When he spoke she really did believe him, she wasn't sure why but she simply did. There was something about him that told her she was safe. When he next spoke she froze and so did her hands. She was his mate? Oh God, what was she supposed to say or do with that?

Dan sensed her reaction but was too tied up in what he was feeling to be able to really do anything about it. Her stroking of his hair was calming and helping as well as the scent of her in his nose. "I have lost two mates in my time and finding a third is scaring me badly. I am not sure I could deal with loosing another." The tears started as hard as he tried not to let them. "I miss my former mate and children even though she told me to be happy and live a full life when I was up north." That wouldn't make sense but Dan was not all quite there so to speak at the moment.

Pam kept listening and started stroking again. She couldn't imagine losing even one husband much less two and some children. "Oh Dan, I'm so sorry. I don't have any idea what that might be like for a wolf but it would hurt like hell if I lost someone like that." For the moment she chose not to consider the whole mate' bit for her sanity's sake. It was silly of her but she needed to help Dan. "Let's eat and relax, then we can talk some more later. I have plenty of food and I think I did a good job on it."

Dan slowly sat up and looked at her, allowing his vulnerability to show in his expressive eyes; at the moment he didn't have any of his normal barriers in place. "I'm sorry I scared you Pam. I really am. I just reacted and wasn't thinking." He sighed and finally stood. "Food would be good and thank you for listening Pam."

She stood and moved forward towards him and gave him a light hug and leaned against him. "I'm still sort of freaked out but you're going to always be welcome at my house." Pam moved towards the kitchen to check the food. The noodles weren't going to be perfect but the sauce, with plenty of meat, was going to be good. "Please sit down Dan and I'll bring the food over."

He sat down and took a slow breath as he tried to ignore her scent. The smell of the food helped since he was quite hungry. She brought the food over and he gave her a watery smile. "Thank you Pam, I really appreciate it."

As they ate they talked in fits and starts. Dan tried to describe and explain where he was from and what it had been like. Pam seemed to accept he was from a different world well enough though some of what he described was rather odd. This world was so different than hers. Some things he tried to describe were hard to believe.

Eventually they finished eating though Pam was done before Dan and she smiled. "I know your shopping bills and I'm glad I don't have to worry about trying to support your food habits..." She made a joke of it and was pleased when Dan snorted at her. "Why don't we go and relax on the couch. We need to talk more about this. The dishes can wait." She stood and offered him a hand though it was shaking a bit.

Dan nodded. "We do need to talk and the couch would be more comfortable than sitting here looking at each other across the table." He took her hand and felt the slight flutter and couldn't resist lifting it to his lips and lightly kissing it. "Please Pam I will not hurt you at least not physically. I can't say emotionally since that is something totally different but never intentionally."

She led him over to the couch and urged him down and settled down next to him and leaned against him. "I know that Dan since I can feel it." Goodness it felt good to lean against him and rest her head on his shoulder. He was the perfect height for her. Normally she preferred her men to be somewhat more slender where as Dan was massively built.

When she leaned against him he began to relax and his wolf was finally talking to him and was feeling quite relaxed; to the wolf yesterday was just that-yesterday. The fact that he lost his mate and pups hurt but they always looked forward to tomorrow. Mentally his wolf was sort of rubbing against his human side and was content now that Dan was starting to confirm what the wolf had sensed so long ago.

"So Dan, what did you mean about my being your mate? I don't really understand. We know about lycan's and have to take a few classes in school about the other species but it's fairly generic." How did he know and was that why she had been feeling so comfortable with him over the last few months?

Dan tensed and then sighed. "A wolf knows someone is his or her mate by scent as much as anything else." He curled an arm around her and pulled her a bit closer to him. "There is also a sort of spiritual or soul link as well that forms once the two admit and accept the other. By your scent I know you are going to be my mate in this world unless you reject me." God that would probably be the end of him. "It doesn't mean you have to become a lycan immediately but most humans do choose at some point."

Dan sighed again. "I'm over 200 years old and when a wolf mates with a human as the human ages they usually choose to be changed." She had to know as much as possible. "If you do choose to mate with me to the best of my knowledge any children we would have would be wolves. I am basing that on what I have seen as much as what I have learned about this world."

Pam knew they lived longer than humans but when Dan told her how old she was shocked. He didn't look more than his late 20's but she did know they lived longer than humans. "Oh my, does that mean you are picking up little girls?" It was a joke and she snickered when she said it.

Dan growled at her when she said that. "You are an adult and though I am an old fart I don't have a problem with seeing you, so there." He leaned over and nibbled on her neck just for good measure. "Tease me and you will find out that I might be more than you can handle..." Just for good measure he licked her neck over the pulse point just to tease her a bit more.

Pam yipped as he nibbled on her and leaned into his lick. "Keep that up big boy and you might find yourself in my bed." Damn it she was drawn towards him and she wanted to take him to bed. Yes she had been with an Alpha before and had greatly enjoyed it but Dan was drawing her in ways the other hadn't.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers