Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The girl had to give him a shy smile. "Lady Pam said something like that as well Lord Dan." She gave him a tiny curtzy before refilling the cup and taking it back to him. "Here you go Lord Dan." She handed the cup over and waited for him to drink it before taking the glass back. "If you need the bathroom it is through that door there. I will be here till I am relieved. There are a total of four of us that keep watch in here and take care of Lady Pam."

Dan had to sigh and rolled his eyes though he wasn't going to make a big deal about her calling him Lord Dan. "Thank you for taking care of my lady for me. I am in need of some additional sleep and the feel of my mate in my arms." He lay down and pulled Pam close to him and tucked his nose in her neck. He felt her murmur something before one of her arms tightened around his and she relaxed again.

Amariah had felt the movement and moved closer to him and after a brief lick to his neck she went back to sleep. As of now she was content. Soon the room was silent again.

~~~

The surgeon, mage Kitsune, and Spirit Healer were collapsed in chairs sipping on some tea. The female lycan that had been found in the Leaders quarters was lying on the bed with a number of dressings covering her body. They didn't know if she was going to survive or not. One thing they had done was to make detailed drawings of the markings that had been scored on her body. In the morning they were going to need to talk to the leaders of the clan after they awoke. That and they were going to need to send a message to the spirit lords since some of the markings were clearly Kitsune. It was a very old version and they couldn't read them. The leader might be able to and he would be the first to know.

The surgeon had been forced to use some very strong drugs to calm the woman and he was not happy about that. If this was any indication of what might be needed in the future for her and anyone else impacted by whatever did this was not good. He had tried to excise the blackened tissue but it had simply flowed into the normal looking tissues underneath. In the end he had finally ended up simply cleaning her and dressing her as much as possible. At least she hadn't been violated as far as he could tell. "I will have several medics rotating through here but I want one of the trained Kitsune warriors as well. I will not expose my staff to the possibility this female is a trap of some sort. I would prefer to overdose her now than chance having one of my men corrupted."

The Kitsune and wolf guards nodded since that was understandable. "I will take care of it Surgeon General and we will have both a wolf and Kitsune on watch at all times. Our reliefs will be here shortly. Why don't you go and get at least some sleep since I am sure when Lord of the Clans Legarith wakes he will want answers."

That got a reaction and the Surgeon paled and shuddered. He had seen the havoc that male had wreaked in the temple room and while doing his best to save as many as possible. Yes he understood why he had been so angry but... His mind skittered away from those memories. "That is an excellent idea young man. I would like to be somewhat awake before I might need to face Lord Danilo." He stood up and left the room followed by the other two.

~~~

The next morning when Dan woke he found he had rolled off the bed and had a pistol pointed at someone. When he blinked and inhaled he found it was a strange wolf and she had a tray of food. She had frozen when he had reacted and her eyes were down and her chin up in submission. Dan twitched and lowered the pistol and gave his body a good shake. "Sorry, I am just somewhat twitchy right now. To keep from accidently shooting, stabbing, or whatever someone please organize all the staff that service this wing so I can catch their scent."

Pam sat up and stretched before looking at him and she couldn't help the smile that graced her lips. Dan didn't have anything on other than the pistol and the woman was definitely getting an eyeful. "Dan you might want to put some clothes on. You appear to be traumatizing my current assistant as well as the wolf delivering breakfast."

Dan looked back at her and snickered. "You might want to put a bit of clothing on as well or I might traumatize them even further." He safed the pistol and glanced around the room. "I would get something on if I knew where my stuff might be. Would you mind crawling out and helping me?"

Pam laughed and pulled her robe on as she flipped her legs over the side and standing up. "Silly ol' wolf, did your nose get broken?" She was grinning as she bypassed him and opened a wardrobe and pulled some of his casual clothing out and handed them to him. "A shower might be a good idea as well." She pulled a few items out as well and headed towards the bathroom.

Dan grinned. "Sounds like a deal to me and I will make sure you are all clean as well." Even though he was coming across as a tease and casual to be honest he had been rocked to the core. It was going to take some time but he had felt part of his soul responding to that darkness that had impacted on him. Dan knew he wasn't what many would consider a good man. He had killed many times before, many times from behind in the dark. He had killed a number of people who simply had the bad luck to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Yes it had been done in the name of protecting the pack but each innocent killed had burned another tiny spot on his soul.

Once they were in the shower and the water was running Dan pulled Pam close and rested his nose next to her pulse point. How long he stood there he didn't know but finally Pam's gentle touch and soft words penetrated and started working her magic. After several shuddering breaths he finally stepped back. "Sorry Pam." He started scrubbing down and when her hands lightly touched his back he could only sign in contentment. Even her touch calmed him down and soothed him.

"It is okay my love and we will talk about it later. I can feel the shock and horror of what that spell did as well as how part of you reacted. I will give you a truth though you will have to decide the truth of it by yourself. I have touched that darkness within as well. After you were taken away I was almost in a blind fury. If it hadn't been for Mari coming down and grounding me the darkness might have gotten a toe hold into my spirit. Once she had calmed me down I finally could see what was happening. I was still furious but I refused to take it out on innocents." She looked pensive for a moment. "If you happen to hear something about a head to ugly for the pups to use as a kick ball just ignore it."

Dan listened to her and pulled her close to him and gave her a burning kiss. His penis was hard and pressed between their bodies. "I wish I had time to ravish you but I need to get caught up on things. Don't expect much sleep tonight though. My wolf is feeling rather randy." When she mentioned the head he leaned back and raised an eyebrow and then snickered. "Yes Pam I will make sure to ask about it."

Eventually they finished their shower and toweled off and dressed. Dan had to laugh since he had on some jean shorts and a loose well used t-shirt and sandals. "Well at least I should be more comfortable dressed this way." When they walked out they found Geoff and Xipil in the room waiting for them.

Geoff stood and walked over to Dan and gave him a good hug and a light punch on one shoulder. "Welcome back ol' man. When you get a chance Mari would like to see you. She has a few broken bones so she couldn't come to say hello this morning."

Dan nodded. "I will go and visit her and see what I can do to speed the healing up. Pack magic has some uses you know. I am starving right now so why don't you get me caught up on things while I am eating the horse leg on the table?"

He settled down and nodded at the other Kitsune. "I can tell you are a nine tail but beyond that I don't recognize you. I assume since you are in Pam's suite you are considered one of the good guys. Since we haven't met I am Dan and I am going to skip all the fancy titles and stuff." As he was talking he had been stirring his coffee and fixing it to his taste.

Pam settled down next to him and smiled at Xipil. "Dan this is the new leader of the country Clan Leader Xipil. He is now filling much the same position as Alysson does though this country is much larger. It is going to take a few days to catch you up on everything but..." The three of them, Pam, Geoff, and Xipil, started filling in the important gaps.

Dan had almost finished eating when Amarish, Amariah, and the other little Kitsune came in. They were followed by the pups and he found it rather fascinating how they formed up. His eyes traveled over their appearance and noted that they appeared to be in a type of uniform. He didn't say anything for the moment since he wanted to see what was going to happen.

Amarish saluted Xipil and Geoff before turning to Pam. "Auntie Pammie the Imperial Mousy Squad reports for duty." He was watching Dan out of the corner of his eye to see what his reaction was.

Dan had to smile though it was a pleased smile. "Imperial Mousy Squad, does this mean you are now an official part of the Clan Leader's Own? Good for you Amarish, who is the pretty young lady next to you?" He glanced at Amariah since she wasn't dressed like the others and didn't even get a chance to speak.

She hopped up in his lap and made an icky face. "Hunting mices okay but they have spiders that probably eat the mices." She shuddered when she said that. "I's stays and helps make uniforms." She shuddered again and didn't realize she hadn't stuttered.

Dan couldn't help but to snicker at her reaction. "Big spiders I take it? How big would you say they are?" Kasai and Amarish had hopped up on the table since it had been cleared while Dan was talking to Amariah.

She shuddered and one of her tails came around and a little glow floated over to the table and an image of a spider appeared. Dan had to blink since it was a pretty big tarantula. "That is impressive. Is that why everyone is wearing boots? Keep the spiders from nibbling on their toes?" That got a reaction from a number of the pups.

Amarish caught Dan's attention. "This is Kasai and she is okay for a girl. When we's old enough she supposed to be mate." He made a face at that and sighed.

Kasai smacked him with a tail and yipped at him. "Well he is okay for stinky boy. He's wait long time before we's mates." Just for good measure she licked his closest ear and got an ewe reaction from him.

Pam frowned. "That is enough of that you two. Just because Dan is here doesn't give you permission to..." She screamed as a rat trotted past the doorway and her tail came out and turned this one to ash as well. "Okay Amarish today you are going to be hunting rats and don't you dare offer me a lightly toasted rat or I might have a lightly toasted Kitsune spirit."

Dan twitched when she screamed and sent the bolt of fire across the room from one tail. "Um, so Amariah doesn't like big spiders and my mate doesn't like rats. I will have to keep that in mind." He was looking very startled at Pam's reaction to the rat and had been about ready to point it out.

Amarish sighed. "Why's Auntie Pammie haves to hate big mices? They fill tummy up more than little mices." He shook his head and hopped off the table with Kasai. He moved over to the pups and looked them over. "Hose report to the kitchen and get the drinks and snacks and come back. Leaves them in here since we wills be in this wing for the day." He passed out some more orders before all the pups went to the sword rack and started pulling their implements of mousy death from it.

Dan watched them leave and glanced at Pam. "Just how the hell much have I missed since I have been gone? Do I want to know how much of the world you, Mari, and Gettie have taken over?" He was actually a bit shocked at what had just happened.

Xipil snorted. "Be very careful Dan or you might not have a pack to come back to. She has most of the Kitsunes in the palace eating out of her hand right now." He shook his head. "And Red said I was supposed to be the leader darn it. Oh well."

Pam simply smiled at him and Dan finally stood. "Well I am going to check on Mari and then go and see how the new wolves are doing. I will see you later love and after eight this evening everyone is getting kicked out of the room." Just for good measure he leered at her before leaving.

~~~

When he walked into the rooms Mari was sharing with Geoff he gave Gettie a good hug. "You are looking good Gettie. Keeping up with the troublesome little wolf I take it?" Just for good measure he winked at her before turning to the bed where Mari was. "Hey Mari, Geoff suggested I come and say hello to you. I also want to oogle our babies as well and spend a bit of time with them." As he was talking Dan slowly settled down on the bed to keep from jiggling her injuries.

Gettie wrinkled her nose at him. "You had better not let Pam hear you saying that or you might get in trouble. As far as keeping up with the Little Wolf she is bigger than my Kitsune form so..." Since she knew that Dan was going to want to see the babies she went to get them while he settled down next to Mari.

Mari took his hand and lifted it to her cheek. "If you ever do something like that again Dan I will hate you forever. You had all of us scared that you were going to die and that would have been horrible for everyone." Once she finished talking she closed her eyes and slowly inhaled the scent from his hand and relaxed. "The babies are doing fine and are most definitely greedy guts. Some days I am surprised I have any milk left after your son is done feeding."

Dan leaned forward and gave her a peck on her forehead. "Believe me Mari that wasn't something I planned and it scared the crap out of me. The last thing I remember was feeling the corrosion of my spirit. For a very brief moment I had gloried in the blood and gore I had caused. Then there was burning warmth and then nothing." He had to shudder at that memory.

When Gettie handed Grayson to him he hefted the little boy and grinned. "You are definitely packing on some weight there little beasty. Either that or you are trying to smuggle gold bullion out in your diaper." He was smiling as his son turned and sniffed his father. Since Geoff had followed him in he looked at him. "Thank you for taking such good care of my little wolf and accepting my children. I wish I could raise them myself but right now that isn't an option. I would never take them from Mari and you either since that would be cruel. I know you think of them as part of your family and I also know that you will take good care of them. Again thank you Geoff."

Gettie handed him Zahria after Geoff took Grayson from Dan. He settled down on the other side of Mari and held the boy close to him. "At first I have to admit I wasn't too pleased with your decision Dan. I felt in a way that you were abandoning your responsibilities towards your children. The more I watched you as well as how you are dealing with the other women pregnant women I have realized my thoughts were somewhat wrong. You are not abandoning your children but doing your best to give them a stable home. A home with two loving parents and a place to grow up. You are giving up more than I can imagine since you won't see them going through many of the steps all children do." Geoff sighed as he said that since he had been fairly upset with Dan for some time. It had started after Dan had said he wasn't giving up any parental rights but wanted he and Mari to raise them. He still had some problems with it but having said that did help.

Dan looked down at Zahria and sighed. "I truly wish I could raise them but the fates took that choice away from me. I had only two real choices when faced with the pregnancies, keep them with me once born or give their raising to people I trust deeply. Keeping them once born would have been both wrong and cruel. Till the gods and spirits are done with me I can't give them the kind of home they deserve. Yes the rest of you are involved but the fates haven't screwed with you nearly as much. If something happens to me I want them to already have a family that loves and cares for them. That essentially reduced the choices down to one. I did what I felt best for the mothers and the babies."

Zahria yawned and wiggled slightly before falling back to sleep. One of Dan's fingers very lightly stroked her cheek. "I could have made the other choice and I am not too proud to admit I was sorely tempted. I love all the pups in my pack but I still miss my two girls deeply. I was so tempted to keep them with me so I had MY children close. That would have been wrong for the reason I mentioned above. It would have been cruel to both their mothers and to the children." He looked up at Geoff and his eyes were tired looking. "Thank you for talking to me Geoff. That shows what kind of man you are; you came to me with a very sensitive subject that could easily anger me. You did it anyways and your parents and your mate should be very proud of you."

Dan handed Zahria to Gettie and turned to Mari. "Let me see what I can do to help your injuries." He moved closer to her and took her hands and leaned so his forehead was pressed against hers. Since Dan had no idea what sort of power he might have Dan very carefully called on the pack bonds. He almost had to grin at the surge from all of them. There was a definite pleasure from them at feeling him back in their mind. "Okay Mari now for the fun." He let the power flow into her and heal what it felt was best. It didn't take all that long but he was feeling a warm glow when he was done.

Mari closed her eyes when she felt the power flowing into her and smiled. It felt really good to have Dan back in her mind and close enough to really feel his presence. When he leaned back she had to giggle. "Gah, that tickled darn it. How the heck can being healed tickle." She had to giggle again as Dan looked affronted by her comment.

Geoff moved next to her and snickered as well. "Yah and why the heck did I feel like I was being tickled as well. I will have Sampson come and take a look just to verify and then we will get you out of those BC devices." The casts were rigid, as they were supposed to be, and rough. Since they had just recently started bed play again he hadn't found it amusing to be suddenly cut off again. She had been pretty growly herself at that idea.

Dan snickered at the two of them. "Well I am going to see the rest of the pack and how the training is going. People to do and places to see and all that." As he was standing up one of Xipil's advisors was shown into the room.

"Leader of the Clans your presence has been requested in the Clan Leader's quarters. We have an unknown and badly injured wolf. She is starting to come to and it appears that she might be leaning toward the blood warrior's path. He would like you to see if you can control her since... You will need to look at her to really understand." They had tried to seal the markings but they kept bleeding through and they weren't sure what to make of them. Some had Xipil very upset though he wasn't saying why.

Dan stood and nodded. "Just a moment and you can show me the way." He turned and gave Geoff a good hug. "Thanks for talking to me. We will catch a beer later and talk some more if you need to." He turned and gathered his sword up which he had left at the door and slung it. "Let's go and see what I can do." As he was talking he was expanding his senses and could feel the rage and fear coming from the wolf. There were hints of what had been done to him though not nearly as strong.

~~~

When he stepped into the doorway to Xipil's quarters the wave of both fury and blind terror hit him like a hammer. There were several Kitsunes in there and it appeared they had been forced to cast a shield to keep her penned in. She was crouched in one corner and her eyes were almost a solid red which was not a good sign. Much more and she was going to lose it and they needed to know information from her.