Skimming off the Top Ch. 08

Story Info
Almost done.
2.2k words
4
8k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/16/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers

***Well, I have come across a story I wrote YEARS ago and while it is non-erotic, I am not sure if it is really that good...If I took the time to sit and edit and re-write, it might not be too bad of a story, but for shits and giggles I am going to post it, chapter by chapter. I am not looking for votes or feedback, but if you feel it necessary to do so, feel free...Also, please take a look at some of my other stuff (better stuff) and enjoy for what it is worth...***

Far across town and about 6 hours later, Mr. Freeman was sitting in a police van getting a bulletproof vest strapped to his chest. Nearby Alex held Sara as she stared off into the dark. Mrs. Freeman was so distraught that she took a Valium her doctor prescribed and went to bed. The thought of having to deal with the situation was too much for her to take. The Doctor thought it was best she stayed in bed until the whole thing was under control.

"Now, here is the plan," a rough looking SWAT team member said. "You will go to the corner of Mandrake and Swanson. You know where that is?" He tightened the vest as Mr. Freeman nodded his head.

"The procedure is simple. We already have plain clothed officers at the nearby deli and some at the newspaper stand. Miles Montgomery will never know the wiser. However, just in case he decides to play dirty, we have snipers on the roof of the two nearby hotels. We will also have someone move into position to grab Alexis if the need arises. You know your lines. We do not need anything more to take him down but for him to take the money. Do not, I repeat, do not give him the money until you, or we, have visual contact. He has promised to exchange for Alexis so my guess is he is bringing her." The officer sat back and looked at Mr. Freeman. "Are we sill on track?"

Mr. Freeman again nodded his head. He looked slowly at Alex and than towards the house. He spoke softly, "Let's get this bastard."

Less than an hour later the bomb was ready to explode. The tension from the officers as well as from Mr. Freeman was almost unbearable. Alex wanted to go, just in case, but the SWAT and police thought it better if he stayed home in case something went wrong or if Miles called to change plans. Anxiously Sara sat by Alex's side and waited. It was all they could seem to do.

A block from Swanson Street Mr. Freeman stopped his Mercedes. He started to sweat as he sat at the light. Not knowing how his little girl was doing was driving him insane. All he wanted to do was get it over with and go home. Slowly he rolled the car to the designated corner. He tried not to look for the officers because he didn't want give them away. Cautiously he stepped from the car and onto the curb. He stood standing there waiting it seemed for an eternity.

The little earpiece he was wearing crackled with the voice of a SWAT member. He couldn't remember his name but it was giving him instruction to act casually and to stay put. As hard as it seemed, Mr. Freeman held his ground and waited for another 5 minutes.

Just as the voice in the earpiece started to call the operation off because of a no show, a small Chinese's or Vietnamese man approached him. Is this Miles? He thought? Before he could react, the man handed him a slip of paper and ran off. Mr. Freeman read it and the terror streaked a crossed his face. Quickly he threw the paper in the nearby trash can and jumped back into the gleaming Mercedes. With screeching tires he speed off up Swanson Street towards the Highway. He heard in his earpiece the Policeman swear as he tore it out of his ear.

Forty-five minutes later Mr. Freeman pulled into a Marina on the West side. It was not an easy place to find, but since Mr. Freeman kept his two small yachts there and took them out every weekend, Mr. Freeman knew exactly were Miles wanted him to go.

He pulled the car into a gravel parking spot and walked slowly to the dock. He didn't see many people out because of the early morning hour, but a few hardcore fishermen were idling off the pier ready for a day's work.

As Mr. Freeman got closer to the pier, he started to make out the shape of a man standing on far side of the loading dock. Is that him? He thought anxiously. But as he drew closer he saw that it was an older man. Seeing Mr. Freeman approaching, the old man shuffled off the dock and back into the Bait and Tackle shop glancing back only once. Andrew Freeman stood still listening to every sound the surrounding water made. Faintly he could here the footsteps behind him.

Mr. Freeman turned around and came fact to face with Miles Montgomery.

"Good God," Andrew gasped. "You are the spitting image of your father."

"Aren't I though?" Miles asked. "I wasn't sure if you were going to recognize me after these years."

"I would know that lying face of a Montgomery if I ever saw one." Andrew said and stepped forward as if he was going after Miles.

"No no no old man," Miles said side stepping the invasion of space. "Don't forget, I am the one in control. I have your daughter." He smiled. "I liked the little stunt you tried to pull at the corner. Having all those cops around. Do you think that was going to keep you safe? I knew what was going on." Miles tapped his head. "I'm real smart. Smarter than my father was." He said in a singsong voice.

"Fine you bastard. Give me my daughter and I will give you the money. Just give me back my daughter!"

"Its not just the money I want!" Miles screamed in Mr. Freeman's face. "I want to know why you did what you did to my old man. Why did you make him cover for you? Why did you make him your martyr?"

"What are you taking about Miles?"

"Don't play dumb," Miles said taking out a pistol from his belt. "I know why he killed himself. He killed himself because you were going to let him take the fall for all your dirty money. He told me all about it. You had hookers and politicians swinging from your little finger. He was covering your payoffs and withdraws. He was the one that was going to get blamed if the crap hit the fan. He was the one who cleaned up your mess." Miles pointed the gun at Andrew.

"Let me explain something Miles," Andrew started to say. "Your father was a good man. He work long hours for me and help my company get to where it is today. I paid your father well. He had good benefits and perks. But he wanted more. So he took it." Andrew paused. "Don't you get it? It was your father that was stealing, not the other way around."

"You're lying!" Miles screamed. "My father didn't do that!"

"But he did Miles! When I reviewed the books I saw money going out to accounts all over. He was a trusted partner to me and he did it right under my nose. Do you really think I was that stupid?"

"Stop! Don't try to turn this around on him! Stop!"

"So when I confronted him he lost it. He swore he didn't do anything wrong. He said it was what was owed to him. Owed to him. He thought he did everything to cover up his indiscretions. In essence, he tried to blame me. Don't you see Miles? Instead of going to jail and admitting what he did, he created this elaborate story for you in order to get back at me. And than he killed himself to make it look legit!"

"That is not true!" Miles screamed again. "Why won't you stop!" Miles grabbed his head with the hand holding the pistol. Slowly he turned around in circles and just as quickly he stopped. Facing Andrew again he said, "It doesn't matter now anyway. I still have your daughter and you still have the money. The money that is due to my father and to make up what you did to him. The way I see it, you killed him."

"Fine Miles," Andrew said. "Let me have my daughter and you can have the money. Where is she?"

"Do you think it was going to be that easy? We are going to do this my way. You will put the briefcase over there on the dock. You will walk away and let me retrieve the money. Then, you will turn around as I get in my car and drive into the sunrise."

Andrew stood there thinking it over. "And what about my daughter?"

"Your daughter is in the repair shop neatly tied to a chair. You can go to her as soon as I leave in my car."

"How do I know she is in there? That you haven't already killed her?"

Miles smiled. "I keep my promises. I promised not to hurt your daughter as long as I got my money. I got the money and you have your daughter. And if I may say so, a sweet little thing." Miles licked his lips.

Angrily Andrew growled low in his throat directed towards Miles.

"Now, now. Don't get that temper going. I left her virtue in tact. Well," he said smiling, "What was left of it anyway. Everything is fine and dandy. This is almost over. Put the money down." Miles pointed to the empty wooden bench on the dock. Andrew stood for a split second trying to decide weather or not to trust Miles. Liking it or not, he had no choice. Quickly he set down the briefcase and stepped back. Miles held the gun out and walked over to the briefcase and popped open the latch.

"It looks to be all here. Is it marked?"

"Do you think I would be that stupid. Just leave so I can get my Alexis."

"Good boy Andrew. See, I told you this would be painless." Mile closed the case and started walking back to the gravel where the car was parked. "See you in hell." He slid into the drivers seat and tore out of the parking lot. As soon as Miles was out of sight he ran to the nearby shed that dubbed as the repair shop and threw open the cracked wooden door. There in the middle was Alexis, tied to the chair as Miles promised. He head was low ad for a second Andrew thought the worst. Rushing over to her he lifted her head.

"Alexis!" He called tapping her face as if to help her regain conciseness. "Wake up baby, your safe. Alexis!" He shouted louder then intended, but the voice of her father was powerful enough to get her to open her eyes. At the sight of her crying father, Alexis began to cry silently.

"I am so sorry daddy," Alexis started to say. "I didn't know..."

"No, sweetie, it's not your fault. I am just glad you are okay. Did he hurt you?"

"I feel a little bruised and my head hurts and I am very thirsty. I want to go home." Alexis said and began to cry again.

As Mr. Freeman untied his daughter they heard a big commotion out side the door. Afraid it was Miles come back to finish what he started Andrew worked quicker cursing at the knots.

"Mr. Freeman!" A shout came from outside. "Mr. Freeman, do you have her?" When it dawned on Andrew that it was an agent, he happily shouted.

"Yes! Yes I have her! She's safe!" Carrying his daughter, he made his way out of the shack and into the arms of an EMT.

"What is going on?" Andrew said to a nearby agent, the one who was calling earlier.

"Well, because of the smart thing you did at the street corner, we were able to track you here." Andrew looked blank so the agent continued. "When you threw the slip of paper into the trash can, out agent picked it up and followed the instructions like you did. We made it look like it was just you coming here." Andrew smiled.

"Does that mean you got the bastard?" He questioned. "Did you get him?"

"As he was leaving the gates our men were all over him. We got the money back too." The agent seemed content with leaving out the dirty details such as Miles taking his own life by jumping over the ravine. That can come much later.

Andrew went back to his daughter's side. He held her as the EMT's cleaned up her face and started IV's. He kissed her forehead and rode all the way to the hospital with her in the ambulance. At last it was over.

Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers