Something Unexpected Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After dinner we went to the ice cream shop and we all got cones. Then it was back to the house so Carter could get ready for bed. Autumn sat him down to explain to him she was leaving again. He just stood there listening to her for a minute before he smiled and waved bye to her.

"I guess that's my answer," she smiled.

"That was easy," I said.

"Until tomorrow when he can't find her," Gary said. "He will get over it by lunch time but the morning will be hard."

"Are you sure you can handle him daddy?" she questioned.

"I always do," he smiled.

"I'm going to pack my things then. It will be best if I don't have to say goodbye tomorrow. We can leave straight from the hotel."

She started packing up as I played with Carter again. The kid really loved trucks and I found myself playing with him well past his bed time.

"Ok buddy," she called. "It's time for night night."

He didn't even put up a fight as he climbed from the floor and headed into his room. She changed him into his PJs. I watched as she laid him in his bed and tucked him in.

"Mommy loves you baby," she said. "I will be gone for a few days but I promise I will be back to see you."

He gave her this look like he understood as she kissed his forehead.

I leaned down and talked to him softly. "I'm going to take good care of mommy for you. I promise to be good to her. We will see you in a couple of days."

He just waved his hand at me and giggled.

We shut the lights out and closed the door.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

"If you are. We don't have to go right away. We can stay for a little while longer if you want to."

"I got it from here," Gary offered. "You two go get some rest and have a safe trip."

"I love you daddy," she said giving him a hug.

"I love you too baby. Be sure and call every night."

"I will," she said. "I want to talk with my baby."

"Gracin," he started. "You treat my little girl very well."

"Yes sir, I will."

"If anything changes please don't hesitate to come home."

"I know daddy. I will."

He hugged her before shaking my hand. We both headed out the door.