Sorrel's Long Journey to Love Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Among the adults, behavior patterns ran the gamut. Denise was just as mindless and frivolous as ever. Fletcher wondered what Charles saw in her. He figured she must be great in the sack. He watched Denise around Sorrel. Like the last occasion Denise looked for every opportunity to touch, even fondle, Sorrel, and like the last occasion Sorrel just as determinedly fought her off.

Cynthia was frosty at best, but Steve went overboard attending to Sorrel. It annoyed Fletcher how Steve was on her arm almost all night. If one didn't know better one might have assumed something had been going on. Fletcher knew it was just his suspicious nature, now coupled with an added twinge of possessive jealousy. But it still bothered him, and it didn't help that Sorrel seemed to enjoy the attention.

The Coburn's, Charles and Gwyneth, were their usual reserved selves; definitely a welcome relief. Hannah's absence was also most welcomed, since it had been her who had precipitated the crisis over the peeing incident, an event about which Fletcher still felt strong twinges of guilt.

Pearce, his wife Collette, and their son Flail were there. Pearce was guarded. Fletcher correctly guessed he was more worried about his status in the company than anything. He bet

Collette had the same fear, but she evinced her fears in an irritatingly different manner. Perhaps as a come on, or perhaps as a form of overcompensation Collette wouldn't leave him alone. Everywhere Fletcher went Collette followed like some bitch in heat. She fawned all over him, a real sycophant she was, touching, holding, and gently squeezing his arm, caressing his neck. It was quite embarrassing.

The best guest of the evening turned out to be, of all people, Flail. What a remarkable change had come over the boy. He spoke with Sorrel, and Fletcher could see she was delighted by his comments. When he approached Fletcher he took a manly tone; reminding Fletcher of his prior pledge to change, and asserting he had with significant positive outcomes among the girls in his immediate circle. It pleased Fletcher to hear the boy was becoming a man.

The party was a short lived affair. By 11:00 all the guests had departed. Both Fletcher and Sorrel thought it was a success.

As they said their last good byes, and started back inside Fletcher had to say something about Steve's obnoxious behavior, "I thought the party went well don't you?"

Sorrel answered, "Yes it was a lot different than the last time."

Fletcher made a soft stab, "Brother what were you saying to Steve to keep him around all night?"

Sorrel looked up a little surprised, "What?"

Fletcher, "Well the guy hung on you, like a fly on shit, all night."

Sorrel thought it was a joke, "He likes me. WE used to hang out in the old days. Didn't you know that?"

"No I didn't," responded Fletcher.

"Sure," continued Sorrel, "we'd eat lunch together, stay late and work on the project."

"I don't want to hear anymore." He hesitated then added, "You have a thing for him?"

Sorrel laughed, "You kidding?"

"You do like him," responded Fletcher suspiciously.

Sorrel realized Fletcher was serious, "I couldn't and can't stand him. He was always hitting on me, trying to corner me someplace, putting his hands where they didn't belong. I thought, and still think of him as a jerk."

"You sure didn't act like it."

Sorrel retaliated, "Well you and Collette seemed to be having quite a good time."

"Don't worry about Collette. You keep away from Steve."

Sorrel was a little pissed, "What do you mean don't worry about Collette. You have a thing for her?"

Fletcher growled, "Oh, shut up!"

Sorrel growled back, "I will not shut up, and I will talk to Steve whenever and wherever I want!"

Fletcher put up his hands, "Maybe you should go out with him?"

Sorrel got in his face, grabbed the end of his nose and twisted it, "And maybe you're a little jealous."

He wrinkled his abused proboscis, "I'm not jealous."

She teased, "Oh yes you are!"

He deflected, "No I'm not."

Sorrel reached down with her hand and did something extraordinary, at least for her, she grabbed his scrotum and squeezed it, "Are to!"

He pulled her in and engulfed her mouth with a warm kiss, "OK, I confess. Yes I guess I am." He hurled his tongue halfway down her throat in a mighty French kiss. Coming up for air he asked, "Should I be?"

She answered, "Of course not." She pushed two fingers in his open mouth, "Your breath isn't half as bad as his."

By then he had her dress half way down, and was working on her bra, "Come on let's go to bed."

She jumped up sideways. He caught her and carried her into his little side bedroom. She held his neck in her hand and nibbled on his ear. It would be the wee hours of the morning before they would get to sleep.

Late, very late that night, Fletcher still lay awake in bed. On his back, with the woman he loved breathing deeply and rhythmically beside him he thought he'd finally found what he needed. Sure he thought about Diana, but in a different way now. She was in Heaven, and he was sure she was happy for him. He peered over at the sleeping angel beside him. He nuzzled her neck. She was so warm, her skin was soft, and she was oh so delicate. He took his free hand and softly, carefully, rubbed over her elegantly sculpted breasts. He thanked God. Not many men got a second chance at happiness. He drifted off in a blissful sleep.

Trouble on the Horizon:

Several miles up the road Fletcher's brother was also awake. He was staring at the inert supine heavily sedated body of a woman he once loved. He wondered how different things might have been if he'd married the less attractive but certainly more devoted woman at his feet. Even when he dumped her, she had remained loyal. Now she was a liability. Yes, Florence had to go. The solution was obvious. He still had to hide his malfeasance; but with Sorrel in the clear that left only Florence. Instead of spiriting Sorrel away Florence was to be chosen for eradication. He'd simply claim she came to him, confessed, and fled. Out of past loyalty he agreed to give her a few days head start. No one would question him. He'd call Fletcher, and bring him up to explain things in the morning.

Mildred:

Mildred had finally gone to sleep. Her plan was a simple one. When she awakened she'd have the limousine drive her to Fletcher's. On the pretext of a meeting with Warren to make amends she see the girl off. By this time tomorrow night Sorrel would be on her way to hell.

Her foolish rangy assed husband would be covered again. Sorrel, well Sorrel would be, for all intents and purposes, dead.

A couple notes from the author:

If you have any comments or suggestions, anything you like, dislike, or would like to see please let me know

Also, I warned everyone at the start this was not a story intended to necessarily titillate. Literatica has thousands of stories like that. This is my story, the way I want it. I only hope you're enjoying it as much as I am writing it.