Southern Heat Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It doesn't matter now, you know. So, hi dad, I'm Anthony, my grandmother hates me, so it's all my fault, and I've been dreaming of this moment all of my life, but now I'm here to fuck it up, because all of the sudden, I don't want it to happen."

"Why? Because you're afraid I'll take your mother away?"

Tony took a few steps back, damn this guy was good. The shocked look on his face gave him away. Anthony looked at Jen, kissing her lightly and walked her to the couch, sitting down with her.

"Tony, I'm not going to take your mom away from you. If anything, I want to be here with her. No, I can't make up for all the time lost, but I can make a difference with what we have to come. Don't you understand, I love her, I always have."

"Then why didn't you try and find her?"

"I did, but like your grandparents, my mother and father kept me from her. Their reason, because it was wrong for us to be in love, because we're cousins, but they were the pot calling the kettle black, because they were closer kin than Jen and I are. But that's not the point." he took a deep breath looking at Jen again.

"Tony, the only reason that I wasn't here sooner is because I had to make arrangements for vacation time. I have five days and then I have to go back and take care of things, and if your mother wants me to come back, I will."

She looked at him, tears still wetting her cheeks. He ran his thumb up, brushing them away. "Jen, I love you, stop crying, it's going to be all right." Anthony saw Tony out of the corner of his eye, watching his expression changed, something calmed in him. Maybe he realized that he was telling the truth. He kept talking to Jen, "Come on baby, you know I hate it when you cry. Our last night we ever saw each other, you cried then, and you know how much it hurt me."

Tony crossed the room and got Jen a tissue, walking back to hand it to her. "Here mom." he held it out, looking at them both. She took it and buried herself back into Anthony's shoulder.

Anthony and Tony stared at each other for a minute before he put his hand on his mom's arm. "Mom, I'm sorry. I just wasn't ready. I don't know mom. I'm scared."

"Tony, I'm not a monster."

"You don't understand. I've seen what mom has gone through and I don't want to see that again." Jen took his hand, pulling it to her chest.

"Tony, I told you," she sniffled, "I told you your dad was different."

"I'm not going to hurt her." he gently moved her so she would look at him, "I love you're mother, more than anyone will ever know." She mouthed her love for him, smiling.

"Promise me you'll keep her safe, take care of her, and never hurt her."

"Listen to this kid, you would think I was asking for your hand in marriage?" he shifted his head, smiling, then nodded, "Hum, that's not a bad idea."

"Anthony, we can't, I mean, how could we?"

"No one knows but us baby." he kissed her softly, hoping for the best.

"Let's talk about it later, ok?"

"Yes Jen, we will."

"Mom," Tony cleared his throat, "dad, I'm sorry, I just, it was so unexpected, and I just didn't know how to react, and I'm still not so sure."

"How about one step at a time, son?" Anthony smiled at him.

"Yes, I think that would be good." he stood up, Anthony following him.

"Hello son, I'm Anthony, your father. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. Your mother has told me a lot about you, but I would like to get to know more, if you don't mind."

"Hi dad, it's nice to finally meet you. Mom has told me a lot about you. I'm sure there's plenty she doesn't know though." he held out his hand and Anthony shook it, then drew him into a tight hug. Jen sat watching them, feeling a tremendous weight lifted from her soul.

Jen took time to compose herself and wash her face, Tony and Anthony spent some time talking before they went back to the dining room.

"Well it's about time!" Andy whined, "Can we eat now."

"Yes, we can all eat." Jen said, holding Anthony's had as she sat down, then he sat next to her. Tony sat beside him, and his sisters stared at them.

"See, I told you Mandy, he looked just like him."

"Oh gross, you think your brothers hot!"

"Hell yes I do! My big brother is very hot!" Anna smiled, "His dad's not too shabby either!"

"Anna!" Jen snapped.

"Thank you Anna, it's a pleasure to be noticed." He smiled, winking at Jen who just shook her head.

Dinner went on, constant noise from talking about Anthony, and the children's lives. Jen didn't say much about her own, deciding that when she and Anthony were alone, she would tell him what he needed to know.

Anna was excited about starting college in the area, and she was getting her new car before school started. Andy was starting a new job the following week and Mandy had a job at a local restaurant, she really liked.

Tony didn't say much at first, but when asked, he told his dad that he worked for a local contractor who supplied service and equipment for the oil derricks, and he liked the job because he was outside a lot.

Dessert came and went, and the kids scattered off in different directions.