Spellbound

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Night," Debell whispered. Zelion reached over and turned out the light. Now in the dark, Debell took the chance to run his fingertips over his tingling lips. Who knew a kiss could be so good?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, are you ready?" Hex stepped up beside Debell, wearing the same cloak he wore before.

"Yeah. Did you find me a spot?" he asked.

"Yeah, just over there. You're in view of Zel, but no one will be able to see you. As long as you chant quietly they shouldn't hear you either," she said.

"Okay. Did you replace the book?" he asked.

"Yep, switched it out. I had it enchanted by a witch friend of mine, Bruena. She did me a favor and made it with a pretty weak spellbinding. You should be able to break it with a twig if you hit it hard enough," she laughed.

"Good. Like I said, I'm not a very good caster." He nibbled his lip nervously.

"Stop that." She smacked his shoulder, making him glare at her with an angry pout before releasing his lip from his teeth. "Here he comes, go get ready," she said.

"Okay, good luck." Debell smiled, and ran off. As soon as he was out of sight of the other people, he transformed, his large form taking up most of the small space behind the equipment shed. He looked around and saw Hex, perched on the balcony of a nearby building, she probably couldn't see Zelion, so she would be looking to D to cue her for when she needed to begin the spell to make Zel's hands glow red. Zelion shifted back and forth on his bad and good ankle, he couldn't help it, the gaze of the council made him nervous. Thinking about it harder, he supposed he should be nervous. He was cheating after all.

"You may begin, Zelion."

"Great," he rolled his eyes.

"Excuse me?" One of the witches in the council frowned.

"I said, 'great!'" he repeated, with a lot more pep this time. She scowled and sat back in her seat. "Don't let me down now, guys," he whispered, and held out his hands, glancing around for either of his friends. He began mumbling the fake chant, careful to slur his words and mumble them lazy enough that he wouldn't actually cast anything. He didn't need a repeat of his rain of fire incident. His hands began to glow, and clouds began to form above the book. He pretended to focus, when really he was just scanning the noises of the crowd around him. Waiting for the cry of 'Look, that Demon is casting for him!' or 'That Wizard, what is she doing up there?' either of those or anything like them would ruin him. But none of that happened. Instead, balls of fire began to rain from the cloud, landing on the ground and on the book hard, enough to scorch the ground and the thick magic bound cover. The seal began to break and crack as fireball after fireball his the book spot on. It glowed bright blue, before one final flaming rock hit it and it shattered. The spell broken, the book now burned brighter than any campfire Zelion had ever seen. In seconds it was only ash. He put his hands down and the fire stopped. The clouds vanished and the crowd seemed to be confused, especially those who knew him as the school failure. Finally, they broke out in cheers as the crowd clapped and the council nodded happily. He had cheated again, but now he had something worth fighting for.

At least, that's what he thought as he saw Debell return to the crowd, back in his human form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you ready my sexy bitches?" Hex kicked open the door and strutted into Zelion's place, as he finished tying his tie.

"Damn, Hex!" Debell sat up from his place on the couch. "You look amazing!" he smiled.

"You look hot," Zelion laughed.

"Right?" She spun in the black sparkling dress. It was torn at the ends, almost looking like a Halloween costume. The sparkles in the dress were obviously magical, shining even when no light hit them. The purple trim around the dress was bright in contrast to the rest of the dark fabric. Her heels matched the dress, black with purple stripes wrapping around the toe of the heels. "You don't look so bad yourself, tiger. Look at you, sporting the colors!" she smiled, pulling at his red tie.

"Hey, I just got that straight." He frowned and turned back at the mirror.

"And you my delicious Demon...D...what's another word for friend that starts with D?"

"I don't think there is one..." Debell kicked his feet lazily as he sat on the table.

"Oh... well that's disappointing. Regardless, please tell me you haven't gotten dressed yet, I know you're not going in that," she frowned.

"What's wrong with this?" He looked down at the black robe that he had taken to wearing since Zel had given it to him.

"It's a school uniform, Deb, honey. You may be mocked down in Hell, but that doesn't mean you have to be mocked up here too. We're the only ones who know you like to play with butterflies," she said, sweetly.

"They tickle when they land on your face..." he whispered, but the two other people ignored him.

"Oh come on, Hex. Leave him alone. He can wear it all he wants. But regardless, he can't go to the dance in human form, he's not a student. It's a school rule. All Demons need to be in demon form," Zelion said. "Sorry, love. It's the 'grr face' for you," he said, walking up to Debell and stepping between his open legs, leaning in for a kiss while he caressed his face gently.

"Did you two get it on yet?" she asked.

"Hex," Debell whined and blushed.

"No!" Zelion laughed awkwardly.

"Good, that means there's still time for me to get front row seats. Let's go boys, we got shit to dance to and I need my two gorgeous gay boys with me." She held out her arms and they each took one, before they left the small apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I feel so big," Debell mumbled over the loud music.

"You're not that big..." He scanned the crowd. "Look at that guy over there," he pointed to another Demon. This one looked much different than Debell, instead of fiery red volcanic skin, he had patches of gray and pale flesh sewn together. Two large horns sprouted from his head and he had no mouth, at least not anymore. It looked like it had been sewn shut. He carried a large axe on his back.

"I guess..." he whispered. Zelion looked up at him.

"If you want to go, that's fine with me. I don't think Hex needs us anymore." He pointed into the crowd where Hex was dancing with several guys. "I also doubt she will need us to walk her home, they definitely don't look like they're grinding with her for the hell of it," he laughed.

"I never really noticed how pretty she is. They're all over her," Debell mumbled.

"She's pretty, but I'm kind of attached to you now." He smiled, and leaned into Debell.

"Zel..." He stepped aside and blushed. "I mean... what do people think about Warlocks dating Demons?" he frowned.

"It's happened before. It's not common, but are we really common here?" He looked around at the hundreds of students casting spells. Small fireworks shot into the air from the fingertips of Wizards, Witches sat around the table, stirring some mystery liquid into the punch. Two bunnies hopped around, one wearing a bowtie and the other with glitter in its fur. Obviously polymorphed.

"Not really," he mumbled.

"Hey Zel, how are you doing?" A stranger Debell had never met before walked up.

"What do you want?" Zelion crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Just wondering how you were doing, you must have really been practicing. I can't believe you summoned a demon all by yourself." The stranger looked Debell up and down. "Seems a little passive for a demon though..." he squinted his eyes.

"He's not passive, he's cruel as fuck damn it," Zel frowned. When Debell did nothing but stare at the stranger, Zel gave him a nudge with his elbow. Debell coughed nervously.

"Oh... uh... Rawr!" The roar was a weak one.

"Cruel as fuck. Noted," the stranger laughed, a small group of guys and girls behind him mimicking the annoying sound. Debell didn't like him already.

"What about you, what did you summon for your test?" He crossed his arms.

"A hellhound," the stranger smirked.

"A... oh... wow..." Zelion was obviously surprised and impressed. He hid it fast, but not fast enough. He noticed.

"Yeah. I've done it twice so far. I'm thinking of keeping them around. They're pretty sweet," he smirked. Somehow Debell guessed he didn't mean the puppies were sweet like he was, more sweet as in 'murderous'. Hellhounds weren't known to be loyal or easy to control. They were just what their names described them as. "I already named them, Rageface and Riplimb." He smiled.

"Catchy," Zelion wrinkled his nose.

"At least they have more backbone than your glorified candle will ever have," he smiled.

"Fuck you," Zelion snapped. As hard as he tried to stop them, tears began welling up in Debell's eyes.

"Is he... Dude is your Demon crying?" The boy burst out into laughter, waving his friends over, at least those who weren't already there. Debell wanted to melt into the ground.

"I said, fuck you." Zelion shoved the other boy, who stopped laughing and frowned. His frown darkened and his hand glowed. He pulled it back, before sending the open palm towards Zelion. The tears cleared from Debells face with a hiss of steam as his skin heated up, the red lines in the black rock-like skin glowing brighter. He sent his hand down in front of Zelion, the fireball connecting and bouncing off his rock hard flesh like a ping pong ball. He took a large step forward, one hoof landing inches away from the other boy. He inhaled deeply, and roared, flame and smoke pouring from his open mouth. The smell of burning hair was obvious as the flames licked the other boys eyebrows. He backed up and fell on his ass when he ran into one of his groupies. Debell shut his mouth and smoke continued to pour from his flared nostrils.

"Glorified candle, hmm?" Debells voice was deep and resonating, practically shaking the walls of the large room where the end of school dance was being held. By now, everyone had turned to face the two men (and one Demon) even the music had stopped.

"Lets go, D," Zelion said. Debell turned his large body around and followed Zelion out the door.

"What the hell happened?" Hex followed them out.

"He was making fun of Debell," Zelion scowled.

"He tried to hurt Zelion," Debell said, at the same time. Hex looked back and forth between them.

"You two are just..." she sighed. "Black sheep got to stick together right? I suppose I wouldn't understand." She smiled sadly.

"It's more than that, Hex." Zelion turned around. By now Debell had shifted back into his human form, to fit better in the small hallway. "I love you, D. I thought so before but tonight... you went outside your normal personality, for me." Zelion stepped up to Debell and wrapped his arms around his thin waist. "You protected me, even though you don't like conflict," Zel smiled.

"D-do you think it was too much?" Debell looked back at the dance.

"No." Zelion chuckled and shook his head.

"I'd do anything for you, Z." Debell blinked back fresh tears.

"My hero." Zelion smiled, and held Debells face as they kissed passionately.

"Whew, alright, I take it back," Hex said, as she fanned herself with her purse. Zelion pulled away from Debells lips, but didn't let go of him.

"What now?" he laughed.

"I thought I wanted to watch you two go at it like rabbits, but if just that little kiss gets me all flustered, I think I'd have a heart attack watching you two sexy mofos do the rumpy pumpy!" She walked off, leaving the two men stuck in a very long giggle fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He finally asleep?" Hex asked, as she rubbed her feet. The heels were hot, but they were murder if you wore them for more than five minutes.

"Yeah. He was a little more upset than I thought about the whole no backbone thing." Zelion sat down.

"I know he's a super sensitive guy and stuff, but I kind of forget just how much of an outcast he is among Demons. Even up here he's teased," she sighed.

"Yeah... I know the feeling." Zelion leaned back on the couch. They sat there quietly for a moment before Zelion spoke again. "I have to pass my exams, Hex," he said.

"I know, and you will. We just need a way to fake you through your affliction test. It's the last one. We can do it," she smiled.

"No, Hex," he said seriously. "I need to pass them," he scowled at the wall. "I can't lose him. I just can't. I need him. I don't care how much of my memory they erase, I'll always need him. He's... he's mine. I can't live without him. I'm sure it's the same for him too. I know that I'm his. I don't know what..." Zelion's voice cracked. Hex pulled him into a hug and kissed his temple.

"We'll figure something out, Zel. I promise. I know how much he means to you. This is the first time in a long time I've seen you so passionate about something or someone. I don't want to see that spark in your eyes go away. I'd miss it too much," she smiled. He took a deep breath.

"I just have this really really bad feeling," he bit his lip nervously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where do you get this information from?" the head of the council frowned.

"I just know it. Everyone does. He's the worst Warlock any of us have ever seen! It took him until his sophomore year to learn how to control a shadow!" The group of students nodded.

"You all agree to this?" a witch in the council asked. A blonde haired girl stepped forward.

"There's no way he could have summoned a level four Demon. I doubt he would even be able to open a portal for the first circle. He's a nice guy... he's just not a good Warlock," she said.

"Thank you, Sarith, for bringing this to our attention." The head of the council turned towards the boy who seemed to be the leader of the group of students.

"I just want it all to be fair," he smiled wickedly.

"You may leave. We will take care of this." The rest of the council nodded in agreement.

"Thank you." He bowed, and left.

"I can't believe we just did that!" one of Sarith's friends whisper-shouted as they retreated.

"That fucker and his crispy Demon buddy will pay for what happen last night." Sarith smiled a wicked smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So who was that guy last night?" Debell asked.

"Ugh, Sarith. I don't know what stick crawled up his ass, but it's been there since he was born," Hex wrinkled her nose.

"He's just some douche who goes here. He's a Warlock too and it seems like he's always competing to be the best," Zel shrugged. "I don't know why he bothers to compete with me. He would probably get more competition out of a chipmunk." Zel stared at a wall before shrugging and returning to the book about affliction spells he had been reading.

"He's a dick." Debell swung his feet off the side of the table he sat on in the middle of the library. Hex and Zelion looked up at him before chuckling and getting back to work. "Well he is... he made me cry," he whispered the second part.

"A bunny rabbit with a mean twitch to it's nose could make you cry, Deb. No offense," Hex winked. Debell scowled at her, but knew she was right.

"Zelion?" They were interrupted by a stern voice, they looked up and realized who it was. The head of the council and two members (one Warlock and one Witch) stood before them.

"Oh... hello, sir. How can I help you?" Zelion swallowed. DId they know? How could they?

"We've heard a rumor..." The Warlock looked at his colleagues before turning back to the students. "That you've cheated on your exam," he spoke. Zelion swallowed. How? How?! He wasn't touching Debell, but he felt him stiffen next to him, something in the air. Even Hex went a little pale.

"Cheated? Me? I'm an honest student, I've never cheated once in my time here... what would lead you to think that?" Zelion said, telling the truth.

"Well, quite honestly that is one part of it. We're well aware that you never cheat or lie... and you're grades... stay around the same..." He didn't mention if they stayed good or bad, but they were all aware of which one it was. "But for the exams, you seem to have remarkably strong magic," he added. Zelion swallowed again.

"That's absurd. I'll admit I didn't study much during my classes, but now that graduation is so close, I've put more effort in," he lied.

"Of course, we're not talking about anything drastic here, yet. We just ask that you perform a relatively simple spell, and you'll be allowed to continue your exams," he smiled warmly.

"A spell?" Zelion said.

"Yes, is that a problem." He turned his head.

"Not at all," he smiled. 'Of course it's a fucking problem!' he wanted to scream. "So... when? I have some time on Thursday if we could-"

"Now," the council leader interrupted.

"Now?" the three students said at once.

"Now." He nodded.

"Now... right... right now?" Zelion felt his heart stop.

"Yes. Right here. Right now." Zelion glanced at Debell out of the corner of his eye. His head was down and there was a dark spot on his robes where tears had hit the fabric.

"W-What do you want me to do?" he asked, turning his eyes away from his crying lover.

"Just conjure us something. Level three or higher please," he smiled warmly again.

"Level three?" Zelion asked.

"You seem to have a hearing problem, Mr. Sathrago," the witch to the council leaders left said sternly.

"Too much practicing with Rain of Fire." He giggled half heartedly, wiggling a finger in his ear as if to hear better.

"Level three shouldn't be difficult. You have a level four with you right now." He pointed at Debell, who blinked sadly. They seemed to be ignoring his hopeless expression.

"Level three... uh... you know. I don't have any spellbooks on me," he laughed, and then realized his mistake.

"We're in a library, Mr.Sathrago. I'm sure you can find something," she nodded sarcastically.

"You also have a conjuration book in front of you," the Wizard finally spoke.

"Right," he chuckled harshly. "Of course I do," he said, through gritted teeth. "Level three, level three. He flipped through the pages, stalling."

"You passed it," the Warlock head of the council said, becoming slightly annoyed.

"Silly me..." he mumbled, not even looking up. He simply flipped directly back to the correct page. "I can do this, I can do this," he whispered, so quietly that only Debell, who sat right next to him, would be able to hear him. He accepted the offered conjuring powder from the Warlock and quickly made the first level 3 symbol he saw. 'Who am I kidding, this is hopeless,' he finally admitted to himself. He began to chant, and held the match to the dust. It ignited, and burned with gray smoke, filling the library. But that was it. He felt tears brimming his eyes and spilling over as the three council members stared at him, kneeling on the ground with a tear stained face.

"My..." the council leader sighed. "We will talk about this. Your trial will be tomorrow." He turned, and all three left. The three students stood there silently.

"What do we do now?" Hex finally broke the silence.

"There's nothing we can do," Zelion said, bitterly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zel?" Debell opened his eyes to see Zelion sitting at the window.

"Go back to sleep, D," he said, his voice hoarse. He had obviously been crying.

"That's not how a relationship works." Debell stood up and walked over to the window. He sat in the window seat and hugged Zel's back to his chest. "It's going to be okay," he soothed.

"Why are you trying to comfort me?" Zelion turned to face him. "I get a new life. I hate magic. I'm no good at it. I don't give a shit if my powers are taken from me, that's probably a good thing!" Zel shouted. "But you... you don't just get sent back to Hell, or a new start, or even just to stay here," Zelion said, making eye contact with Debell. "You die, Debell," he said, coldly. "Even Demons won't come back from that." He turned back around to look out the window again.