Spring

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thor was making quick work in the middle of the horde of creatures. She could see them being flung this way and that as his hammer connected with various body parts. She summoned the strength to keep making fireballs, aware all the time that soon her strength would be gone. It always came on quick when it happened, it would render her useless in the fight but she'd go on for as long as she could. She shot ball after ball into the crowd. They were getting smaller every time she cast them. Sweat poured down her face and her breath drew in ragged breaths. Gods this better be over soon. She scanned the field and the number of beings had diminished, trembling, her legs gave out and she sat on the damp ground.

"Loki!" it was Thor shouting, "Show yourself." The world flashed, the beings shimmered away. Silence followed. Weapons were lowered. A single figure appeared in the middle of the field. "I knew it was you, brother." He said.

"What is your purpose here?" Vincent said sheathing both his blades. The others did the same, all bar Roland, who merely lowered those guns. Thor silenced Vincent with the wave of a hand before turning to Loki.

"You seem to think I need a reason for being here. The only reason I need is him." He said, his voice a lilting music compared to Thor's booming commands. "I came to settle a quarrel that happened between us."

"And in doing so, you have defiled the sanctity of this place." It was the bar keeper, suddenly he stood between Thor and Loki. "The companions of this place will bear no fighting, no ill will done to them or those that come here. They fight bravely, you fight like a coward. Be gone from this place. You are not welcome." He said. He seemed tall and imposing, Mattie couldn't help wonder, he had always seemed so small before.

"How do you propose to get rid of me hum?" Loki asked, turning to face the bar keeper.

"I am the keeper of the Ways. I know more magic than you have ever forgotten." He raised both hands, palm up, to the sky. Mattie felt the earth tremble beneath her, the dark sky cleared, clouds fleeing away, light poured through, bright light cast over Loki. As she drew in another breath, the bar keeper clapped his hands twice; Loki vanished. The corpses of the fallen vanished. Sunshine surrounded them all.

"How..." Thor asked a comical bewildered expression on his face. Mattie bit back a laugh.

"Some things are best not asked." The bar keeper replied, "You and your companions fought a valiant fight. He will not be back." With that, he turned and headed back inside the inn.

"Everything alright Mattie?" Nathaniel asked. She nodded and he extended his hand to her. She took it and she staggered to her feet.

"You know how it is." She said.

"No." Roland was next to her again, guns holstered, looking at her with an expression she couldn't place. Concern maybe? She went to take a step and her legs trembled again. He had her arm in a heartbeat.

"I can only cast for a while, if I do it too much, I... it's exhausting on the body somehow. I don't feel tired as such, that comes later, it just makes me a bit wobbly." She said, knowing the explanation sounded lame. He nodded.

"Can you walk?"

"I think so." He held onto her anyway as they all walked into the inn. Once there, they flopped into the soft chairs by the fire and took deep breaths. The bar keeper came over with drinks for them all; he left them wordlessly on the table.

"Thank you all for fighting with me." Thor said eventually, handing out the glasses. The bar keeper seemed to know what all their favourite drinks were. Mattie sipped at the beautiful red in her glass and sighed. Vincent smiled as he drank the mead in his mug. Nathaniel nodded, drinking a crisp white. 'Zak's ale was cool and clean. Thor's sweet beer was perfect. Roland smiled into his glass.

"No one attacks this place." Nathaniel said.

"It was my pleasure." Vincent said. Mattie remained silent. She could feel the tug of sleep calling her and her eyes drifted shut. Someone took the glass from her hand and snugged her against them. Dusky leather drifted across her and she settled into the crook of Roland's arm. She could hear the others discussing the fight but a comfortable darkness crept over her. She thought how Cathal had never considered how such an expense of energy affected her before she surrendered completely.

* * *

Mattie was brought out of her doze by a cool hand caressing her cheek. The fingers were rough but not unkind and she let her eyes drift open. The fire had burned down to the smallest glow and a chill crept through the inn's common room. They were the only ones left downstairs, even the bar keeper had retired to wherever it was he slept. "I hate to wake you."

"You shouldn't have let me sleep so." She said.

"You looked so peaceful, besides, I drowsed too. Now it's cold and my arms dead." He said. Mattie sat up and let out a yawn. She shivered, he was right, it was cold.

"I should go to bed." She said, taking her still full glass and placing it on the bar. He nodded and stood up.

"You fought like nothing I've seen." He said.

"Speak of yourself too. I ain't never seen a weapon like yours and by the Twelve they are something. I'm glad you're fighting on my side." He was standing beside her then, his scent, dark and musky flooded her and the quietened fire in her belly flared. "It's just a shame finding out the way we did." He took her small hand in his large one and led her to the stairs without a word. Mattie followed, her breath catching in her throat, her heart beat so strong in her chest that she thought it would pound through her ribcage. He paused when they reached their opposite doors. She nodded once and he pushed the door open, leading her inside. She kicked it shut behind her and saw the room hadn't altered at all.

Once the door had clicked shut Roland stood before Mattie with a smile that lit up his face, "Ah Gods, do you know what that does to your face?" she whispered as the cares etched on his countenance slipped away. He looked at least ten years younger and Mattie was forced to wonder exactly how old her new lover was. Not that it mattered. She caught his other hand in hers and placed her lips over his in a chaste kiss.

"Mattie," he whispered her name, making it sound like the gentlest of caresses. His hand dropped hers and came to rest in the hollow of her back. His fingers splayed, gentle pressure urged her forward against him. He leaned down and returned her kiss, starting with a closed mouth that matched hers. He parted his lips and licked her lower lip, urging her to open her mouth, grant him entry to her sweet mouth. She flicked her tongue against his, drinking in his taste, her legs shivered, she clutched his forearms not wanting them to buckle under the weight of his mouth on hers. His grip on her back tightened and as his tongue thrust deeper into her, the fire in her belly jumped, threatening to consume her.

"Roland, I could kiss you and kiss you 'til the sun rose and then kiss you some more." She said, kissing his cheek, his nose, his neck as she spoke.

"Aye, then do so." He said, kissing her back just below her ear. "It is a good thing." He said. She shivered as his teeth nipped at her ear lobe, turning her world dusky pink. She knocked his hat back from his head and pushed her hands through the thick grey streaked hair, pulling his face away from her, if he did that again, she would just explode. She found his mouth again, swamped him with the kisses she'd threatened, all the while aware of the deep fire building inside her. She let her hands drop to rest against his chest, her mouth left his and she returned her attention to his throat. His apple bobbed as he swallowed, a heavy breath escaping his lips, she licked at the movement and his grip on her wavered. She lingered in his collarbone, lapping up the salty tang of sweat she found there. Two fingers under her chin lifted her face to his and he kissed her with a tenderness she'd never felt before.

"You keep at that and I won't be much for controlling myself for long." He whispered. His voice heavy in her ears. It was then she felt the stone hardness of him under his belt buckle. It matched the deep fire building inside her.

"I think we're passed that." She said, pushing her hands up his white cotton shirt. He shivered as her hands explored the contours of his lean stomach. She lifted the garment up and kissed his flat belly. She dropped to her knees and ran her hands down as she moved. She let her hands work the buckle of his belt. Once done, her deft fingers worked the awkward buttons of his jeans. She placed her lips against his hip, letting her tongue tickle there as her hands worked.

Then his hands were on hers, raising her, his arms scooped her off the floor and walked her over to the giant bed in the centre of the room. Warmth invaded her as he leaned over her. His mouth found hers once again and she was flying, the bed dropped from under her, the only thing that mattered was his mouth on hers. This time, it was his turn to roam over her, his palm reached under her shirt and tentatively touched the swell of her breast through her camisole. She could feel the tremble of his hand, there for a moment then gone. Her back arched as his calloused finger caressed her nipple, the rough skin scraped over her, delicious fire rippled through her under his touch. She kissed him then, deeper than she had before, her legs melted under the fire building in her stomach.

Mattie tugged at Roland's shirt, lifting it over his head as best she could. He smiled and moved, allowing her to remove the garment. As soon as she'd done so, he began working at the buttons of her own top. His fingers made short work of them, exposing the camisole and under-bust corset she wore underneath. He gave her a small smile. "You're going to have to help me out a bit here." He said, kissing her collarbone. She shivered and knew what he'd meant earlier.

"All right," she rolled over so her back was to him, "Laces are tied, why don't you go on and loosen them for me?" His deft fingers had the bow undone in a heartbeat and the laces tugged out in the next. She unhooked the garment at the front and laid it carefully on the floor. As she settled, Roland drew her against him, her back against him, his hardness pushing into her lower back. He ran his hand along her ribcage, onto the soft part of her belly, resting on her hip for the moment. His lips were cool against the back of her neck; the stubble on his chin grazed her, sending another shiver through her. Then his hand was pushing under the waistband of her long skirt and into the soft fabric of her panties. He parted the soft folds of her secret place and found the wetness, the building fire there. It was like being struck by one of Thor's lightning bolts when his rough hand found the small sensitive spot there. She trembled under his hand; his soft breath against her neck made the sensation the sweeter. "Oh Roland." She murmured. Her own hand reached behind her, she grasped the hardness pressed into her back. The sharp intake of breath against her neck made her squeeze that little bit harder.

The pressure on her nub increased and she gasped herself, "If this is the game you'll play." He whispered, caressing her ear with his tongue.

"It's a good one is it not." She said, pushing her hand down the front of his undone jeans. Mattie pushed the waist of his under garments out the way and curled her fingers around his velvety hard cock. She let her hand glide along the length, matching the speed at which he touched her. A deep throated moan escaped him, fleeing into the candle lit room, leaving him gasping. He pulled his hand away from her and removed her hands clasp of him. She watched as he shucked out of the rest of his clothes. Naked, he was even more wonderful than he was clothed. She smiled up at him as he tugged her own clothing off her body. Then Roland was leaning over her, his erection pressing against her slick wetness. He leaned forward, kissing her deeply. She wrapped her legs around his waist, locking her ankles, one swift motion, her back arched and he filled her. A sharp breath and she settled, getting accustomed to his invasion.

"Mattie?" he said, the slightest of frowns on his face.

"Ro'. It's been a while." She said, resting her hand against his cheek. He smiled down at her, blue eyes shining.

"I'll go easy." He said, smiling at the affectionate shortening of his name. She clenched around him then and a sort of humming noise left him. Then he withdrew his hips, brought them forward again and she was lost. The fire in her belly flared bright and she met him on the next thrust. Her hands found his hips, his found her bare breast, one hand thumbed the nipple of the left one, the other traced down her stomach where it rested as he continued his slow thrusting. The heat descended, settling at the point between them where they joined. Mattie let her eyes drift closed, letting warm pink swamp her. His forehead rested on hers then and his pushing became more insistent. More demanding. So much sweeter. The pink darkened to red and she kissed him something fierce, wanting to smother him with her mouth.

A moan, deep in the back of her throat, burst forth. Had there ever been anything as sweet as this? She didn't think so, the fire inside her was white hot now, his great sweeping thrusts brought fresh cries from her and she knew he was driving her over the edge of a great cliff that ended with the dying ecstasy they both craved. His mouth found hers, he moaned into her, filling her with sound. She broke the contact, sucked in a great breath, cried to the Gods, cried his name, over and over.

The ground fell away underneath her and a great wave of red wonder swamped her. She arched her back, her breath caught in her throat and for a few brief moments, there was nothing, just fire and red. After seconds that seemed a life time, she drew a breath, a hot ragged breath and relaxed against the soft bedding. Awareness drifted back to her, Roland's weight lay over her, as relaxed as she was, his breathing as broken as hers, his weight supported on his forearms. She kissed his stubbly cheek and let her hands hold him close to her for a long moment.

He took a couple of deep breaths before withdrawing and lying beside her. She couldn't shake the great sense of loss as he moved away from her. He kissed her forehead then and she could have cried. A lump rose in her throat and she bit the inside of her cheek to keep from doing so. "Come." He whispered, lifting up the blankets, "I'd hate for you to catch a chill." They both slipped underneath, where he held her close against him.

"Roland." She said, his name a caress on her tongue. He raised his eyebrow by way of an answer.

"That was-"

"Hush Mattie." He said, stroking her hair back from her forehead. "Just enjoy the moment." A sleepy tone had entered his voice and she nodded, letting him hold her, letting his warmth seep into her. Her eyes drifted closed and as his breathing became regular, so did hers. She slept the deep sleep of the exhausted.