Stephanie's Journey

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Seeing Stephanie's puzzled look he explained.

"I'm sorry" he said apologetically and borrowing a line from the "Terminator" said.

"You're the "Legend", the one who turned down my brother, Steve Romero"

They had never talked about this when Diane was present. Stephanie blushed and was going to say something but Tony told her that it was the talk of the frat for almost a year after the incident.

"I wish I had been there." he said laughing harder and Stephanie found herself laughing as well.

Tony related how Steve was his parents' favorite and even though he was in the background, he loved his brother. But, he was well aware of Steve's pompous attitude and womanizing. After college, Steve was drafted to the pros but was cut after one year and was playing for a team in Europe. It was a huge disappointment and a much need comeuppance as far as Tony was concerned.

After a brief pause, he went in a different direction.

"I feel as though I know you." Tony said.

"Diane talks about you all the time." He intoned without a hint of jealousy.

Tony started taking about Diane and Stephanie saw the look, the look of love in his face as he talked about her best friend. He told her about the first time he asked Diane out and that even though she comes on strong at times, how he felt that she was caring and sincere.

"She can be a handful but I'd do anything she asked me to." He said with wonder in his voice.

He looked down at the floor and continued,

"I don't know what I'd do without her. I've never felt this way about anyone before." He said with fervent feeling.

Stephanie's eyes were laced with tears of joy for Diane and when Tony looked up, he saw her moist eyes.

At that moment they heard the screened door opening and in bounded Diane. She ran up to Tony and all 5' 1" of her stretched on tip toes and kissed him full on the mouth.

"Hey baby!" She said with affection in her voice.

They were late for a study group and rushed to leave but as she was going thru the door, Diane turned to Stephanie and mouthed the words.

"I think I'm in love."

A year later, Stephanie was the maid of honor at Diane and Tony's wedding. The night before the wedding they were relaxing in Diane's room and drinking apple martinis when Diane started talking. She told Stephanie that she would always think of her as her "sister". How Stephanie's friendship made all the difference to her at college and what they had intimately shared was a wonderful part of their "sisterhood".

"Remember, I'll watch your back and you watch mine." Diane said voicing a sentiment that they shared in college. As the tears rolled down their cheeks, they embraced and promised to never lose touch with one another.

The day of the wedding, Steve saw Stephanie and did a double take. He apologized to her and she accepted. He was humbled by the last 2 years of career disappointments and it showed. They spent most of the reception dancing and talking. Stephanie still thought he was dim witted but with a lot more sincerity. At the end of the night, he said goodnight like a gentlemen and she was touched. As he was turning to go, she handed him her card and told him to call her whenever he was back in the States. Then, to Steve's total surprise, she gave him a peck on the cheek.

As she was driving home, she couldn't help but think how sometimes life came full circle.

To be continued...

12