Sweet Revenge Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers

"No, don't get up. You should lie still."

Karina groaned and floated into oblivion once again, wondering vaguely why he looked so worried. She was at sea, and the waves lapped against the ship she was on. The rolling motion was soothing, and she smiled. The sensation was very pleasant and relaxing. If only she weren't so cold. She shivered and curled into a tight ball trying to stay warm.

Where was her blanket? She opened her eyes to find it, and found herself in a dark room. She groped about, but couldn't find a candle to light the darkness. She shivered violently from the cold, and a small whimper escaped her. The wall she was leaning against was very warm, and she snuggled closer to it, feeling it close in tightly around her as the rolling waves kept coming.

Suddenly, she felt very seasick, and she crawled toward the rail. But just before she reached it, strong hands gripped her and pulled her back.

"Lie still or you will fall out of the saddle," Richard's soothing voice admonished her.

A saddle in the middle of the ocean? She wanted to laugh hysterically, but she couldn't find the strength.

"Let me go! I am going to be sick," she cried.

This time, the strong arms held her out over the rail, and she retched violently. She hung limply over the side of the ship, until the same sturdy hands pulled her back and pushed her against the warm wall once again. There was a steady thumping from the other side of the wall, and she reached up to touch a hand to the sound. She shivered as she drifted to sleep, wondering forlornly if she would ever get warm. So tired! So very tired and cold.

********

Fatima tried to concentrate on her sewing, but she couldn't sit still. She cast her embroidery down impatiently and rose to pace the length of her tent. It was night, and Richard had left the morning before in search of Karina.

Fatima was sick with worry about both of them. She wrung her hands together for lack of any positive action she could take to help them. She heard a shout from someone in the camp, and she rushed out to see what had happened. Richard rode into the village on the camel's back, cradling Karina in his lap and leading her horse behind them. She was as limp as a wet cloth, and Fatima felt the blood drain from her face.

Richard yelled for assistance, and several men rushed to his side to lift Karina down. Richard jumped down from the camel and scooped Karina's still form into his arms. He carried her into his tent, followed closely by Fatima. She was relieved to know Karina was alive, but she didn't look well.

"What happened?" Fatima asked anxiously, as she quickly scanned Karina for wounds. When she spied her swollen leg and the cloth tied around her ankle, she sucked in a breath and turned frightened eyes on Richard.

His gaze was riveted on Karina's face, as he gently laid her on the bed.

"She was bitten by a snake yesterday morning. I gave her some of your herbal mixture, but I don't know whether it was in time. She has been running a fever for two days, and I can't seem to bring it down. She's been delirious." As he looked at Fatima, the worry was written clearly on his face. "Can you save her? I can't let her die!" He swallowed hard, and Fatima placed a steady hand on his arm.

"I will try my best. Send someone for my chest with herbs, and bring me a big pot of cool water. Have someone build a fire outside, put some water on to boil, and I will need some clean cloths."

She dismissed him to do the tasks she had requested, and though he was reluctant to leave Karina, he was glad to have some positive action to take. Fatima rolled up her sleeves as she looked down at Karina. She swallowed hard at the thought of losing this girl she had come to love, and she prayed that her medicine would be enough to save her.

When Richard returned with her small chest of dried herbs, Fatima chose several leaves and ground them in a small bowl. She mixed it with boiling water to form a thick, smelly paste. Richard watched her with worried eyes, and Fatima thought about how he would be affected if she was unable to save Karina. She bolstered her resolve and concentrated on the task at hand.

At her bidding, Richard held Karina across his lap, as Fatima spooned the noxious mixture into Karina's mouth. Karina would have balked, but Fatima held her nose until she swallowed the medicine. They repeated the procedure until Karina had swallowed almost all of the paste. Then, Fatima dribbled water down her throat, and Karina swallowed gratefully.

Fatima quickly stripped the dress from Karina's limp body and covered her with only a light sheet. She looked at Richard and saw his eyes glued to Karina's face. His love for her was obvious, and Fatima sighed. It would surely break him if he were to lose this girl when he was just beginning to admit his love for her. Fatima reached out to place her strong hand upon his arm, and he turned haunted eyes to look at her.

"It's my fault," he said quietly. "Everything...it's all my fault. I should never have brought her here. I shouldn't have involved her in this. She left because she thought I had taken Samiya into my bed, and that too is my fault. I let her think that." Richard gave a grim laugh. "I told myself I was doing her a favor by making her hate me. And now, because of my foolishness and my selfish need for revenge, both she and the babe might die." His eyes returned to Karina's face, and his lips grew grim.


Fatima sucked in a breath as she thought about the babe. She knew that Karina was happy about the child, and it would hurt her deeply to lose it. However, Fatima's first priority right now was to save Karina. She would have to worry about the babe later. She prayed that by saving the mother, she would save the child as well, but there were no guarantees.

Fatima had her own reasons for wanting the child to survive. A baby would tie Karina to Richard, and the bond it would foster could be their only chance to find happiness together. Fatima reached up to brush back the lock of hair that had fallen across his forehead.

"Foolish man," she chided softly. "I didn't want you to bring her here, but then she came, and I knew in my heart that she was the woman you needed to make you whole again." She waited until he met her eyes. "Now, we must concentrate on trying to save her and the babe. With a little luck and God's help, we may yet succeed." She watched as a tiny spark of hope returned to his eyes before turning back to Karina.

The two of them worked throughout the night and into the next evening to bring the fever down. Every hour that the fever raged increased the risk to the babe, but she didn't tell Richard of her concern. He was out of his mind with worry already, and she didn't want to make it any worse.

Finally, in the early evening of the third day, Karina's fever broke. Tears of joy and relief welled in Fatima's eyes as she watched the sweat popping out all over Karina's lovely face. She turned to see Richard's eyes tightly shut, and she knew he was giving a silent prayer of thanks.

**********

Karina frowned slightly as she struggled up from the depths of sleep. She opened her eyes, and saw that she was lying on her bed. As her eyes scanned the tent, she frowned again. There was an odd assortment of items scattered all around the bed, and she couldn't remember how they came to be there. She had tidied the tent only yesterday.

She rose up on an elbow and groaned as her muscles protested the activity. What had happened to her? She felt like she had been beaten, and she was as weak as a kitten.

Just then, the tent flap opened, and Richard strode in, carefully balancing a tray with a bowl of some steaming liquid. His eyes fastened on her, and a glorious smile lit his face, as he quickly crossed to the bed. He set the tray down carefully and knelt beside her, reaching to feel her forehead.

"The fever is gone," he sighed in relief, and he smiled at her again. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I have been trampled by an elephant," she muttered. She reached up and ran her fingers through her tangled hair. "What happened? Have I been sick?"

Richard gave her a rueful smile. "You were bitten by a snake, and you have had a fever for three days. We thought for a while that we would lose you. I'm extremely glad we didn't."

Karina fell back upon the bed as her thoughts tumbled in her mind. Three days? A snake? Suddenly, she remembered falling off the horse and the snake that had bitten her ankle. She had been sure she would die.

She scanned Richard's face. For once, his features were not guarded, and she saw the warmth in his eyes as he watched her closely. He reached out to brush the hair from her face, and his touch was infinitely gentle. Sketchy memories of him caring for her flitted through her mind, and she considered him carefully.

"You stayed with me while I was sick. You nursed me?" the words were said in wonder, and Richard replied with a nod.

"It was the least I could do, considering you were hurt while trying to escape from me."

Karina's cheeks pinkened, and she looked away. For a moment, she had forgotten about Samiya and her reasons for wanting to escape. Richard reached behind her to lift her into a sitting position. Karina's blush deepened, as she realized she was not wearing even a nightgown. She raised the sheet over her bare breasts and refused to look at Richard, as he placed several pillows behind her back.

When he was satisfied that she would be comfortable, he urged her to lean back against the cushions. Then, he sat next to her on the bed and lifted the steaming bowl of soup from the tray. He brought a spoonful to her mouth.

"Open up. You need to eat to regain your strength."

Karina could have fed herself, but this was much more pleasant, and she dutifully swallowed several mouthfuls of the soup. She was surprised to find that she was ravenously hungry, and the bowl was quickly emptied. Karina sighed as she snuggled back against the pillows. She noticed Richard's discomfiture, as he shifted slightly beside her. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"I'm sorry I hurt you," he said quietly, and the look he gave her told her that he was sincere.

Karina stared at him in amazement, for she knew the effort it must have cost him to apologize. Before she could reply, he continued in a low voice.

"I should never have kidnapped you and forced you to become my mistress. Then, to make matters worse, I purposely let you think there was something between me and Samiya." His eyes met hers without wavering. "I swear to you, I never touched her. I have done nothing to earn your trust or your forgiveness, but please believe me when I say I won't hurt you anymore." He paused as she digested the words. "I was so afraid I might lose you when I came and found you gone."

His voice quavered slightly on the last, and Karina's heart swelled with joy. She blinked back the tears that sprang to her eyes. It was as close as she was likely to get to a declaration of loyalty from him, and her mind raced with the hope that there might still be a chance he could fall in love with her. As long as there was hope, she would do everything in her power to win his heart. The smile she gave him was radiant, and he held his breath for her response.

"I'm fine. I won't run away again." She reached out to tenderly cup his cheek in her palm, as her eyes spoke volumes for him to see.

They both turned as the tent flap lifted and Fatima poked her head inside. When she saw Karina sitting up, she beamed and came to stand beside the bed.

"I'm glad to see you finally awake. You are already getting some color back in your cheeks." At that, Karina flushed lightly and both Richard and Fatima broke into happy laughter.

**********

The next several days passed slowly for Karina, as she was forced to remain in bed to recuperate. Both Richard and Fatima were adamant that she must rest to let her body have time to heal. Karina tried to be a good patient, but she hated lying in bed doing nothing all day.

The only time she felt better about her confinement was when Richard came and stayed with her. He would stretch his long frame out beside her on the bed, and they would share stories of their childhood, their dreams, their opinions. It was a heady time for Karina, for she began to see a touching side to Richard that she had not known before. His wall of reserve had crumbled, and he shared his feelings with her more readily. He laughed often, and she began to see that he was not heartless after all.

On the second afternoon after her fever had broken, they lay stretched out on the bed, facing one another. Karina listened with rapt attention, as Richard talked about his early childhood. His eyes clouded briefly, as he described his mother's long illness and eventual death.

"After mother died, my father couldn't stand to be in the house where they had lived together for so many years. That is when he made the decision to move to Egypt, and I don't think he ever looked back."

Karina reached out to brush back the lock of hair that persistently fell across his forehead. "Did you miss your mother terribly?"

Richard looked at her, and as had been his habit of late, he didn't try to conceal his feelings from her. She could see the momentary longing that clouded his emerald eyes.

"Yes, I did for a while. But then, I was so caught up with the adventure of living in a new country. The pain eventually faded, and I was left with fond memories of her."

Karina sighed. "I wish I could remember more about my own mother. I was so young when she died, that I can barely remember what she was like. There is a portrait of her hanging in my father's study, and he often tells me how much I resemble her."

Richard stiffened at the mention of her father, and he had to consciously try to relax again. He reached out to run his thumb along her bottom lip, and his voice was husky when he spoke.

"Your mother must have been very beautiful indeed, if you resemble her."

He grinned at her, and Karina flushed with pleasure. He marveled at her creamy complexion, and he couldn't resist the urge to kiss her. He rose on one elbow, as he placed a tender kiss on her slightly parted lips before rising up to look at her once more.

Karina's eyes fluttered open, and she stared up into his smiling face. She had never felt such tender feelings for him. He traced her lip with his thumb once again, then he released a long sigh and rose from the bed. He smiled at her once more before turning to leave.

Karina watched him go and then released the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. He certainly had a way about him that wound her heart around his little finger. She began to hope that he could someday return her feelings, and the future suddenly looked much brighter indeed.

After three days, Fatima pronounced her fit enough to rise from bed for short periods during the day, so long as she didn't stray far from her tent. Fatima came often to sit with her, and she continued to show her new embroidery techniques to pass the time. One afternoon as they sat sewing, Fatima spoke quietly, without looking up.

"You know, Rashid never left your side while you were ill." Karina stopped her stitches to look at her closely, but Fatima never paused with her needle. "I have never seen him more concerned, not even when Ameena was ill once with a bad fever. I think it would have broken his spirit if he had lost you."

She finally stopped sewing and looked at Karina. Her meaning was not lost on the girl, and tears welled in Karina's eyes as she looked at her in gratitude.

"I told you once that things have a way of working themselves out. Give it time, and we shall see what comes of your union, other than a baby of course." Her smile was warm and comforting, and Karina stretched forward to hug her friend, as their eyes locked in feminine communication.

Karina was not allowed to assist with the cooking or laundry for several more days. Instead, Richard and Fatima saw to her every need, clucking at her in disapproval when she tried to help. Karina felt very pampered by her two caretakers, and she blossomed under their watchful care.

Eight days after her illness, Richard agreed that she could join the other villagers for dinner that evening. They were in their tent, relaxing on the bed before the evening meal, when Karina reached across him to show him her latest bit of embroidery.

Her breast brushed very close to his face and Karina noted that his eyes were riveted on her bosom. She secretly smiled. She knew how his abstinence had worn on him. She was equally anxious to resume their intimacy, and she was not above using a little feminine allure to achieve that goal. She bent further across him, pretending to be unaware of how her position was affecting him.

Richard sucked in a tortured breath and closed his eyes briefly, as he felt a familiar tightening in his loins. He had tried to wait patiently for Karina to fully recover from her illness, but having her this close and breathing in her sweet scent was wearing on his restraint. When she wriggled a bit, this time actually brushing his lips with her breast, the thin rein on his control snapped. He pulled her down on his lap, and she looked at him through wide, innocent eyes. He never guessed that he had fallen into her trap.

"I've been thinking of you for days," he murmured, as he trailed fiery kisses across her face and down her neck.

She tried to push up on her arms to maneuver her body even closer against his, but he thought she was pulling away, and he was reluctant to release her. His hands drifted lower to cup her bottom, and he heard her moan as he rocked her hips against his to let her feel the steely length of his arousal.

"I need you," he groaned. "Please don't deny me."

Karina looked down at him in surprise, as she gloried in the heat that glowed in his eyes. Her answer to his plea was a scorching kiss that left him breathless and throbbing with need. She gave up trying to reposition herself and simply enjoyed his touch. He hooked an arm around her neck to pull her down for another heated kiss, and he thrilled at her willing response. His hands were possessed with their own urgency, as he set out on a quest to show her just how much pleasure she could feel.

His lips played on hers, while he lifted the hem of her dress up to her hips. Her skin tingled when he ran his fingers over her naked back and down over her smooth bottom. She couldn't resist a shiver of delight when he traced her hip and finally found his way up to the outer curves of her breast. He lifted the dress over her head, and she assisted him in removing it before he pulled her down on his chest.

She laid full length on top of him, and his hands caressed her naked body in feverish anticipation. She could feel the hard length of his erection pressing against her belly, and she smiled as she trailed hot, open-mouthed kisses down his throat. The rough fabric of his clothes rubbed against her skin, making her sensitized nipples stand at full attention.

Karina flushed lightly when he held her slightly away from him so he could see her breasts, which hung temptingly above him. She rose up on her arms to oblige him, and he sucked in a breath. Almost reverently, he reached up to cup their fullness in his warm palms and run his thumbs around her nipples, as she exhaled a sigh of pleasure. He rolled her taut nipples between his fingers and watched as her eyes changed from light blue to deep sapphire.

Karina writhed against him, totally abandoning her usual reserve and encouraging him to ravish her body. She felt no shame at all, only an overwhelming urge to give herself to him, as she kissed him long and lingeringly. It was as if she was calling to him with her body, offering herself up for his pleasure, and he eagerly accepted her invitation.

haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers