Sweet Southern Comfort

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Damn but the man knew how to make me blush. I slid lower in the water to my shoulders. I looked at my arm, but my watch was in my clothes. "No Liam, you're not late. I'm early."

"Why?"

"The club's shut down for the night, so I thought we'd hang out."

I swallowed deeply. "And do what?"

I watched as he unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off. He leaned over to untie his boots and slip out of them and his socks. My voice was mute as he undid his jeans and slipped them down his hips. He stood before me in plain, tight white briefs. "Perhaps I'll join you for a little soak before we go."

I think I squeaked. I know I didn't form any coherent sound when he shucked his briefs and sauntered towards the tub, flopping loose and mouthwateringly tempting. I couldn't take my eyes off him as he slowly climbed the steps and sank into the water.

"This is great, Liam. Damn, but it does feel mighty good."

If I could have burst into flames at that moment, I doubt it would have kept me from feeling embarrassed. My skin was flushed and I was really hard. The man was nicely hung and uncut. His chest was matted with dark, straight hair that clung to his skin rather than be bushy or curly. His stomach was flat and almost washboard strong, bisected with silky hair. I finally shut my eyes and put my head back, mortified beyond belief at my reaction to him. I know he teased me, but it still surprised me. I groaned out loud at how naïve and pathetic I was.

"I agree, cher. That is just how I feel."

I raised my eyes, to see he'd scooted closer to me. "What do you mean?"

He slid next to me, lowered his face to my ear before flicking my lobe with his tongue. "I nearly groan each and every time I see you too."

With that, he turned my face to his and kissed me slowly, leisurely brushing his lips against mine back and forth. "You've seen all of me, I want to see all of you."

I pulled back and stared at him, knowing my blush got worse. "But... I mean... what?"

His chuckle was rich and smooth, although huskier than normal. "Got anything cold to drink?"

"Um... what do you want?"

"That's a loaded question, cher. How 'bout a beer?"

As I moved towards the stairs, I willed my body to calm, but to no avail. Girding myself, I stood and stepped out of the water, feeling Jackson's eyes follow me. I stepped inside and opened the fridge, hoping the frigid air would cool me. After I grabbed a couple of longnecks, I headed back outside. Once I opened the door, Jackson's gaze was intent. He watched my body as I moved and I swear what had started to calm came right back to life. This time, I felt my blush spread across my chest and up into my hairline.

"Beautiful Liam. Absolutely beautiful."

His husky voice and appreciative look quieted my skittishness. Not that I flaunted as I made my way back to the hot tub, but I didn't feel awkward about it anymore. I handed Jackson the beers before I climbed up the stairs and sank back into the water. "Thanks, Chief."

He just raised an eyebrow at me before tilting one of the bottles to his lips. I sat mesmerized, watching his throat work, swallowing the cold beer. When he finished drinking, he handed me my own bottle. "Why do you call me Chief?"

I sat and thought about it, slowly sipping my beer. "That's how I first knew you."

"Fair enough." He played with the label on the bottle for a few moments before looking straight into my eyes, the dark brown of them piercing in their intensity. "But I really like how my name sounds coming out of your mouth."

My throat nearly closed around the words, but I choked them out. "I'll try to remember, Jackson."

He shut his eyes and groaned before grabbing my foot and pulling me towards him. "Come here."

He kissed me again, bracing my face between his hands as his tongue swept into my mouth. I moaned around it before sucking on it, causing him to groan again, deep in his chest, where I could feel it reverberate against my hand. My fingers tightened in his chest hair, my palm pressing into his nipple and he pulled away, breathing deep. His cheeks were flushed a nice rosy color and my own breathing was ragged.

"We need to get out of here. I don't want us to be late."

My lips still tingled from the kiss and my mind was foggy. "Late for what?"

He only chuckled before hopping out of the tub and grabbed one of the towels I had stacked nearby. He was hard and I couldn't tear my eyes away from the sight of him with water running down his chest and belly, pooling around his hard cock. After he'd dried and wrapped the towel around his hips, I stood and did the same.

"Get dressed. I'll be in the car."

I went inside and threw on some clothes before locking up and meeting him outside at his jeep. I noticed the cooler in the backseat as I climbed in. "Where are we going, Ch--. I mean Jackson?"

"It's a surprise."

Great. I loved it when he surprised me. Not. After a few minutes, I just sat back and enjoyed the view out the window. We were headed out of town towards the mountains, but we hadn't gotten very far when he turned off the road and stopped before a locked gate. He got out and unlocked it before getting back in and driving through, only to stop and relock the gate. We drove up a hill and parked near a tree, overlooking the drive-in movie theater.

I started laughing when he pulled out a large quilt and spread it under the tree. I could hear music from the theater's speakers. When Jackson got out the ice chest, he looked at me strangely.

"Isn't this breaking the law, Jackson?"

His laugh was deep and seemed to use his entire body. "No. This is city property. Last weekend, some kids came up here to make out and see a free movie. I told the theater owners I'd check it out. With me up here, no one else will come up here."

"But if you wanted to see a movie..." I let the thought trail off.

"I don't want to share you, Liam. We'll eat supper, watch some of the movie, and stare at the stars." His grin was pure masculine appreciation when he looked at me. "And whatever else might come to mind."

We sat down on the quilt once the sun went down. Jackson opened up the cooler and pulled out a huge sandwich looking concoction. He handed me a beer while he cut the sandwich into quarters. "Try this. It's a Mufaletta, from the Central Grocery in New Orleans."

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I took a big bite anyway. My taste buds were assaulted with flavor. The bread was soft, but chewy. There was an olive mixture on the bread that was tart, salty and spicy at the same time. The meats were tender, the cheese smoky and creamy. It was an odd combination, but I couldn't stop munching either. When Jackson laughed, I grinned at him, only to watch his eyes grow smoky before he shook his head and took a long draw from his beer.

By the time the movie started, my nerves were a jangle of firing synapses. I was aware of everything that Jackson did. Each shift of his legs, bite of food, swallow of drink, and sound he made stirred me deeper, made me more aware of him. I couldn't get the image of him naked out of my mind. His body was made for sin, and he was a guy I would really like to sin with. I knew what I'd told him earlier outside the drugstore was a defensive posture. Yes, I wanted someone to hold me, make love to me, settle down with, and yes, I would love to find someone to have a family with. I also knew that finding that in one man, especially so soon, would be hard if not downright impossible.

From where we sat, the movie screen was like watching a big screen television with the sound only slightly muted. We could hear it, see it, but it was still quiet and intimate enough that we could talk if we so chose. For the most part, we watched the movie. The old drive-in mostly showed older movies and charged cheap rates so families could go affordably. We'd both seen the movie and after about a half hour, I lay back against the blanket and stared at the stars above, trying to remember some of the names of the constellations.

"I was thinking about what you said earlier, Liam." His voice was near my ear, and I realized he'd reclined too. I turned to face him, seeing an earnest but charming Jackson leaning on his side, facing me.

"What about it?"

"This fire that burns between us, I don't think it's gonna go out anytime soon. Perhaps if it ever does, we'd find we have nothing in common or couldn't stand each other, but I don't think so." His voice was soft, quiet in the night, his eyes almost pleading. "I may not be thinking about settling down to raise a family, but everything else you're looking for, I'm able and glad to give you."

He made no move to touch me, although I could tell that his hand wanted to reach out to me several times. "We hardly know each other, Jackson."

"I know Liam. What would you like to know?"

I had a feeling if I asked him anything, he'd tell me, even if it were his most secret, dark, and painful memory. "What's your middle name?"

His laugh was relieved. "Michael."

"How old are you?"

"Thirty-one."

The questions slowly progressed until he'd told me where he grew up, family information, and what he had done since leaving high school career wise. I wasn't that surprised to find out we liked similar music, movies and books. We had different views on politics, but it came mostly from our work than ideological differences. Seeing as how he answered everything I asked, I finally got down to what I was most curious about.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?"

His eyes got kind of sad, but he smiled anyway. "Yeah. Two of them."

"Why did they end?"

His eyes got even sadder. "The first ended when I went away to school. The second... well... you don't love someone who cheats on you."

"And you loved him a lot?"

His laugh was almost painful to hear, because it had so little humor in it. "I'm not sure if I ever did." His eyes got a distant look to them, as if he were looking inside. "I cared for him, I liked him at first, but for the most part, I don't think I was ever really in love with him."

I was digesting all that he'd told me when his voice perked up and he grinned at me. "Is it my turn now?"

I couldn't stop the chuckle even if I'd wanted to. His eagerness was charming and boyish. "Sure. Have at it."

His grin was almost devilish. "So how old are you?"

"Twenty-seven."

"What's your middle name?"

"Thomas."

The questions continued, some inane, some funny, mostly about information, the little tidbits that you would learn about someone when you started spending time with them. It wasn't until we had exhausted the topic of which was the best way to hit a softball left-handed that the questions got deeper and a little uncomfortable.

"Who was your first kiss?"

The memory sparked in my mind, causing me to laugh. "Miranda Forester, second grade."

His laugh was disbelieving and I could tell he meant something else, but I didn't want to go there.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?"

I wanted to look away, but couldn't. "No."

"Are you still a virgin?"

His eyes were so gentle, so kind, but I knew he wanted to know. "No." When I didn't expand, his eyebrows rose and his mouth tightened a bit. I rolled my eyes and started talking. "You know the cherry blossoms along the library?"

At his nod, I continued. "The previous mayor tried to woo some Japanese company to open a plant in town. When they chose a different location, to repay the kindness that they'd found here, they donated all those trees." I smiled, remembering the disappointment that had run through City Hall, but the happiness of the citizens at the very generous gift. "As head groundskeeper, it was my job to take care of them. But no one knew what to do. So the mayor drummed up some money to send me to Washington DC to talk to the people there who took care of their trees."

I spared no details as I told him of my trip. I remembered how excited I was to leave home for the first time. The flight had been long and in the middle of the night. I had turned twenty-one shortly after take off. I spent three days learning all I could about the trees we were getting and the night before I was to leave, I was determined to live life a little bit. Spending a few hours, I gathered my courage and went down to the hotel bar to have my first drink.

The awkwardness I felt, the feeling of being underdressed and outclassed was still with me. Hell, even though I was dressed in slacks and a white, button down shirt, I was very underdressed and far too casual for the place. Once I got there, I sat at a table and ordered a drink and sipped it slowly, letting the alcohol slowly burn down my throat. I didn't really care for it, but was determined to stay and finish it. The place was packed and when someone came in to get a seat, he asked if he could sit with me.

He was blond and taller than average but shorter than me. His eyes were piercing blue and his voice was nice and a bit rough with a Boston accent. He slammed down his drink and signaled the waitress for another round. After I'd had mine, he leaned over and asked if I'd like to go up to his room. There was no mistaking the gleam in his eyes. My mind clouded over with shock and repressed desire. Finally I'd get to know what it was all about. My own anxiousness at the idea of finally having sex propelled me out of my chair and into the elevator.

"For six hours after we left the bar, I learned more about sex than any imaginings I'd ever had. Over and over that night we came together, tasting, touching, and learning. It was the most amazing experience of my life." My wonder filled grin caused Jackson to smile at me and chuckle a bit.

"My plane left the next day at three. After my shower, I thought that perhaps..." I know I blushed, but even though I wasn't a beginner, there had been no one since that trip to DC.

"I couldn't get enough after my first time either. I'm surprised my cock stayed on. We almost wore them out."

That made me relax. "When I got out of the shower, I found him standing, looking out the window. I started kissing the back of his neck and was rubbing his chest with him moaning." I looked away, still mortified after all this time. "He stopped me when the phone rang."

My mind went back to the room with me standing there, blinded to the raging arousal running through me. Then the words he was saying penetrated through. 'How are the girls?' 'My flight gets in at eight.' 'I've missed you too, honey.' 'I love you too.'

"When he turned around, he grinned at me and said, 'where were we?' But I was done. I asked him if he were married. He looked at me funny and then said, 'yeah. So?'" I looked into Jackson's eyes, hoping he'd understand what I tried to say to him.

"I felt so dirty. Words flashed through my mind. I swear I thought a huge neon sign was flashing above my head. Adulterer. Home wrecker. I put on my clothes and left." I looked into his eyes and saw compassion in there and something else I couldn't quite recognize.

"Do you think I'm a horrible person?" I knew it sounded pathetic. I almost cringed in on myself the moment the words were out, but strangely enough, I needed to know. What Jackson thought of me was somehow important, and more so every day.

"Of course not." He touched my face, tilting my head back to face his. His eyes were warm chocolate and full of such unflinching need and desire that I couldn't have turned my head away from them. "You had no idea he was married. It wasn't your fault." He looked away briefly before turning back to face me, cursing under his breath. "I knew Sam was married and I still slept with him."

His words I had known were true for a long, long time, but hearing them from him put something to peace that I hadn't known lay just under the surface before. I had never told anyone about what had happened while away. Shame had kept me silent, even from Claire. Then his last words slowly crept inside, filling my mind with more questions.

"Every big city sends cops to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Excellent riot and crowd control training. Sam and I had roomed together at school." He laughed mirthlessly while staring off and seeing nothing but the past. "I attended his wedding. We were buddies. But I'd always been attracted to him."

He looked down into my eyes, almost pleading with me to not condemn. "When he came to New Orleans, I thought all that old attraction was gone. I'd just broken things with Nolan and it was obvious that he'd stay with me." I knew of Nolan, he'd told me about him. But Sam, he was brand new territory. "After a few days, I noticed that he wasn't calling home, talking to anyone. When I asked him, he told me he and his wife were going through some rough times."

His eyes focused on me, staring right into them. "One night, after a few too many beers, one thing led to another. The next day we both knew it had been a mistake and silently, without ever saying a word, we both refused to ever speak of it." He traced a finger along my jaw until he could brush his whole hand against my cheek. "We're lying to each other to save a friendship. So no, Liam, I don't think you're a bad person at all, because what I did was ten times worse."

The man obviously felt guilty, and he shouldn't have. The beer was only partially to blame, but Sam had played a willing part in all that had happened. "You're not a bad person either, Jackson."

When his eyes lit with fire, I realized how husky my voice was when I said his name. Without thinking I rolled into him, pushing him, pinning him to the ground as I started kissing him. My tongue swept his mouth as my hands grasped his back, pulling him closer.

His flavor was sweet and musky and I could do nothing but breath him in, feel him brand himself on my mind. There was pulling and grasping, then the buttons of his shirt were undone and I feasted on his chest. His nipples were bitten, kissed, licked, and devoured by me. Hearing his groan and gasps fueled me on, making me bolder than I'd ever been before.

Untold time later, while I worked on his belt buckle, Jackson stopped me, pulling me to face him. "Liam, we can't."

My mind still clouded with need, my body trembling from desire, I answered the only way I could. "Like hell we can't!"

"No, stop."

When he'd pushed me away from him, the drugging effect of Jackson began to wear off. I could see his features clearly and he became the man again instead of the lustful object. "Why?"

He laughed deeply, but the pained expression on his face told me he wasn't unaffected either. I could still feel him digging into my hip and I pressed against him, causing his head to tilt back and a moan of sweetest agony leave his lips.

"I didn't bring any condoms."

I started laughing. It was either that or cry. "And I even bought some today I swore I wouldn't use with you."

"Did you bring any along?"

"No."

He kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger in such a tender gesture, my body calmed instantly, but my mind raced off in all sorts of directions, most of them sweetly poignant.

"I didn't want our first time to be in some field. We both deserve better." He chuckled deep and throaty, which sent chills up and down my spine. "Besides, I don't want the people down below to hear us when I make you cum."

We lay facing each other for a while, staring into each other's eyes. The fire was never really banked in his eyes, but it calmed and mellowed a bit. Smoldering embers of desire still burned inside me, but the time we shared, looking at each other was pleasant and gave our overheated bodies a chance to cool.

After the movie was over, I helped Jackson gather all the picnic things before getting into his jeep and heading for home. He pulled up in front of my house and turned off the car before turning to me, pulling me into another fiery kiss. When he backed away, breathing raggedly, his voice was less than steady.