Tangled Passions Pt. 01 Ch. 13-16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She didn't. That much he knew. For how could she? He didn't understand himself. Still, she certainly knew something was amiss for things hadn't been normal in ages – him staying out at odd hours, looking worried, not always horny. He felt shivers run along her spine and the barely perceptible shake of her head; he gathered his arms closer around her as she squirmed her body back against him even harder. "Are you having an affair?" It wasn't accusatory, simply an inquiry – an attempt to comprehend the incomprehensible.

He hesitated before answering, "No. It's nothing that simple."

What on earth did that mean? He realized he had, once again, given her a non-answer.

"Where will you go?" Her voice was small and fragile. He felt so bad – so mean; but he could see no alternative.

"I can stay at The Club for a bit." His voice caught as he tried to add, "It won't be... I don't think it will be for too long, but..." A swallowed sob broke in his throat, "but I can't stay. I've got to go. You do understand, don't you?" There was nothing else he could say. He waited.

The silence grew and crashed in waves between them; for what could she say? What was he waiting for – her permission?

In the tiniest whispered voice, void of inflection, she replied, "I think so."

"You're stronger than me, y'know. You'll be all right," Matt breathed into her hair.

He quietly sat up and moved his feet to the floor. With his back to Jenn, he removed his wedding ring, stood up and went to his bureau to put it away – not too accessibly; not, he feared, all that temporarily; not where he could get it easily, but away in a safe place, well out of sight – and out of mind. Jenn rolled over and watched in dismay – in silence.

"You can't possibly know how very much I love you," he whispered, without actually looking at her.

Then he packed a small valise and left without another word. He headed back to The Club to decide who he was and what he wanted.