Thank God for Irish Women Ch. 12

Story Info
A near death leads to joy.
9.7k words
4.76
1.4k
6
0

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 04/29/2024
Created 03/12/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 12

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Brad delivered breakfast from a restaurant nearby. The feeling of being trapped in a very nice prison cell gradually came over us. Basically, we watched TV all day. The Giants were playing, and Emily cuddled with me as we watched from the bedroom. They won 6-5 in ten innings in Pittsburgh. Brian Wilson was the winning pitcher.

Brad joined us for delivered pizza and beer that afternoon. We learned more about him and his career. He had served eight years in the Marine Corps and saw action in Iraq and Afghanistan. He didn't share any of his family or personal details with us. He seemed to be a very private person, which probably was for the best. I was interested in his Kevlar vest, and he described two incidents of it saving his life.

As we prepared for bed that evening, Emily asked, "What happens if we open the box and still don't know who killed Mom?"

"Sweetheart, whoever killed your mom will be trying to keep that box from being opened. They're afraid of the evidence she was saving for Agent Hennessey. Once it's opened, they'll no longer be a threat to you unless your mother left more clues that only you would know how to follow."

"Matt, Mom and I had many other code words that would only mean something to me. If any of her messages for me in the deposit box contain those words, then we still may have a problem."

"If you see those code words, you should only tell Agent Hennessey about them in private. At the worst, we may need to send you somewhere safer than here. What would you think about flying to Dublin and spending time with your grandparents?"

"Oh, I'd love that. I'm sure they'd let me."

"I'll bet they'd love to have you based on your experience last summer. The other option would be to go to Iowa and stay with my parents. I know Mom and Dad would love to have you."

"That'd also be great. Or maybe I can spend time with Bob and Judy and help them for a while. I want to learn how their charities work anyway."

"That may be the best idea of all. No one out here knows anything about Bob and Judy. That would be a perfect place to hang out; and you'll learn about their foundations' operations."

"I like that. I'll call them first thing in the morning and see what's possible."

"Good."

She asked, "What's your plan for tomorrow?"

"My team meets again for two hours, and then we meet with a nuclear energy specialist for a couple of hours. I'll be in the lab until 7:00 pm or so."

"Is the nuclear energy specialist Linda Sue Massey, by any chance?"

I stared at her for a moment before I mumbled, "Why do you think that?"

"I smelled Poeme on your shirt collar when you came home the other night."

I'm sure I had the "deer in the headlights" look.

"Emily, nothing happened. She was called in to help out on our project. She didn't know I was there and when she saw me, she came and hugged me. That probably left her perfume on my shirt. But nothing happened." I didn't bother to mention her kissing and groping me.

"You're being defensive. Matt, I trust you. Don't get so excited."

I shook my head. "If you aren't concerned about it, why did you ask? Is this another one of those tests?"

"No sweetheart. You're mine and I'm yours. Nothing will come between us. Believe it or not, I'd like to meet her."

"Oh no, Emily! That's not a good idea."

"Why? I'd love to meet a woman as intelligent and accomplished as she."

"I don't think that's the reason."

"Awww, okay. I guess it would cause too much anxiety for you."

"You're exactly right."

We snuggled in bed that night, as normal, but continued to talk about what could possibly be in the box. Our consensus was that there was money, a will and several other documents. Just what those documents would reveal was the big mystery.

Monday, June 7, 2010

At the team meeting, we were encouraged by progress made by two of our team members who had worked on Sunday. The avionics design was well underway. My first draft of electrical schematics for the solar cells was done and testing started. The super lightweight optics that were currently available on the market were being tested, and the materials engineer had identified a carbon fiber product that he thought would work for the drone frame and skin.

Linda Sue arrived shortly after our meeting and spent the afternoon working with Jeri and me on a fuel cell idea that would generate half of the energy needed during darkness and on cloudy days.

We concluded, early on, that there was no known way to generate enough solar energy to operate the drone during the entire night. When all was said and done, that fuel cell design effort paid off handsomely.

During one of the short breaks we took, Linda Sue pulled a small box out of her purse and handed it to me. It was beautifully gift-wrapped.

"What's this?"

"Just a little gift for your fiancée."

"You're not going to tell me what it is?"

"I told you that it's something I invented. Just tell her to be careful with it. It may negate the need for a man."

"Oh no. What's in this little box?"

"I want it to be a surprise. Just give it to her after you warm her up a bit. Get her hot and wet and then let her open it and follow the instructions."

"Okay, I suppose."

"But if she doesn't want it or doesn't like it, give it back to me. There are only three in the world at this point, and one is in the Patent Office being evaluated."

"Where's the third one," I asked.

"I use it about every night." She grinned and winked at me.

****

Emily called late afternoon and said Jerry Nix had received the signed agreement from the FBI and that tomorrow would be the big day. She also received a call from Agent Hennessey confirming his attendance. She asked whether I wanted to be there.

"I must be at work, sweetheart. You can handle it. Many interested people will be there with you."

"Brad will go with me at noon. I'll call Agent Hennessey from there to tell him the location."

"That's good. Brad will take great care of you."

"I also talked to Bob, and they are still in Nashville. I outlined our dream of a foundation, and he was thrilled. He definitely wants me to come and spend a few weeks with them."

"That's wonderful, Emily. I'm excited to hear that."

"Please hurry home, Matt. I miss being with you all day."

"I will sweetheart."

****

After dinner and shift change for the bodyguards, Emily and I went to the bedroom and watched TV while cuddling. I warmed her up with deep kisses and sensual caresses for several minutes. Once her motor was running, I pulled out the gift.

"Linda Sue sent you a goodwill gift."

"She knows about me?"

"Of course. I told her I was engaged when I saw her last Friday."

"What is it?"

"I don't know. It's something she invented, and there are only three of them in existence. One is in the U.S. Patent Office now."

Emily opened the lovely wrapping and the small box. Inside was a small flexible thing-a-ma-jig that looked like a contact lens only with a more exaggerated concave form. There was a brief instruction sheet.

"This is the Ultimate Climax Clit Cap (UCCC). Please place it gently over your hard clitoris and prepare for the ultimate stimulation experience. We suggest you place a towel under you prior to use."

We both laughed so hard the bed shook.

Emily exclaimed, "This has got to be a joke!"

"I hope so. There's no battery, no solar cell, nothing. It looks like a translucent piece of flexible plastic."

"Well, it doesn't look as if it'll hurt me so let's try it. Can you get me ready?"

"My pleasure."

I snuggled between her warm thighs and went to work. The moaning began within a minute and her juices began to flow. When her clitoris was hot, hard, and extended, I took the UCCC and gently put it in place. It seemed to adjust itself for a close fit.

At first, she didn't react and neither did it. But suddenly, she raised her head and her mouth flew open.

"Are you causing it to vibrate somehow?"

"No." She could see that I wasn't touching her.

"Matt, it's vibrating. I can't hear it, is it making a sound?"

"No. I can see you twitching like crazy and you're opening and closing very fast."

"OH JEEZ! What's causing this?" She jerked her head back onto the pillow and moaned loudly. I could see her whole body reacting, and chill bumps covered her legs. Her nipples were rock hard and the areolas crinkled. A gigantic orgasm was on the way.

I was dumbfounded when she screamed and squirted fluid two feet into the air.

There was a sudden pounding on the door and I rushed to open it after closing the bedroom door. Jason was standing there with his gun drawn.

"It's okay, Jason. She's just excited." He looked toward the bedroom and grinned as her screaming, whimpering, and moaning continued.

"Oh! That's fine. Just call me if you need help."

He returned to his room, and I rushed back to Emily. She was lying there, spread eagle and totally exhausted. I looked, and she had pulled the UCCC off. Her eyes were open but were focused far beyond me. Her breathing was rapid and shallow. I realized that Linda Sue was right... I had become redundant. Why would Emily need me except for baby making? That was a terrible invention.

It took several long moments for her to recover. She picked up the UCCC and looked closely. "What is this thing, Matt?"

"Darned if I know. What did it feel like?"

"The most intense vibration that I could ever imagine. It was like an ultra high-speed buzzer, but there was no sound, no heat, no batteries or anything I would've expected. How does it work?"

"She's a brilliant nuclear scientist. Maybe she's managed to create some sort of nuclear powered nano agitator that starts working when you attach it. She said I needed to get you excited before putting it on so body heat may be the starter."

"Does it work only once or will it work many times?"

"This one is going to work once because I'm giving it back."

"NO YOU'RE NOT! There's no vibrator on the market even close to this."

"But you no longer need me."

"That's bullshit, Matt. When you're available, I'll never use this; but when you're not, I have a great alternative."

"Did you know you screamed so loud that Jason came running with his gun drawn?"

"Oh no. Surely not."

"Yep."

"Did he see me naked on the bed?"

"No, I'd closed the door."

"Thank heavens."

"He told me to call him if I needed help."

"Oh no, that's embarrassing."

"I think you'll need to be very careful when and where you use it. Your screams could have awakened the dead."

"Now, I've got to meet Linda Sue. You don't need to be there, but I've got to meet her. She's a genius, a true rock star in the world of vibrators."

"Just don't involve me. I'm not going to be in the same room with you two."

"I won't."

We climbed into bed and cuddled. She was spent, sexually, but wanted to talk. Tomorrow would be a big day. She wanted closure on all the mysteries surrounding her mom's death and the drug ring.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The morning began as normal but we cancelled the team meeting in favor of working those hours in the lab. Ron came by and discussed the status with each of us and seemed very pleased.

As noon approached, I thought about Emily and Brad. They would be at the bank about then, and the rush to secure a search warrant was underway.

I thought about her several times during the next hour and said a little prayer that it would go well. At 1:15 pm, my cell phone rang. It was Agent Hennessey.

"Hello."

"Matt, get over here to the bank right away. Emily's been shot."

I must have cried out because everyone in the lab came running.

"The paramedics just arrived... hurry."

I hung up and said something to Jeri, but I don't remember what. I remember running to the door and to my car as fast as I could. I don't remember driving to the bank or even setting my Garmin to get me there. I could think only about her. Thankfully, I was not stopped by the police and didn't cause an accident although I remember running several traffic lights.

Police cars and emergency response vehicles surrounded the bank. I ran to the door, identified myself and was met immediately by Agent Hennessey.

"She's over here," he said. I followed him and noticed three bodies lying under bloody sheets in the lobby and two others receiving medical attention in a hallway. Emily's legs were covered in blood, but she was conscious. The paramedics directed me to her head while they worked furiously on her left leg. She smiled at me.

"Now we're even Matt."

"Give me five cents and I'll fix you up."

"I may have to depend on these handsome men."

"They look competent. You're going to be just fine."

"I love you, Matt."

"I love you, Emily." She went unconscious.

A paramedic said, "She's lost a lot of blood but we've got it stopped and she'll probably be out for a while. The sedative we injected will hold her until we get to trauma. You want to ride with us?"

"Yes."

As they carried her out, I asked Agent Hennessey about Brad. "Brad was killed. Witnesses told us that he shot all three of the robbers."

"Who are they?"

"One is Agent Jackson. She came in with her face covered and began yelling to get down. The other two came behind her. The gunfire began, and Jackson was killed right away. I've no idea who the others are."

He raised the sheet on the other dead body. I was very surprised.

"That's Pat Jones, the father of Patrick who was mentioned in Keira's note."

"The wounded one is over here."

"I walked with him and looked over the shoulder of a paramedic."

"That's Nancy Jones, Pat's wife." Nancy was conscious and looked up at me.

"Why did you do this Nancy?" I asked.

She looked away and said nothing.

I rushed out and climbed into the ambulance. Emily remained unconscious the ten minutes it took to get to the hospital.

Arrival at the trauma center was like walking into a whirlwind of activity. I was told to keep out of the way. They immediately rushed Emily back for treatment.

One of the nurses asked me to follow her, and I was seated in the admissions office where I provided all the information I could for Emily. The admissions clerk asked about insurance, and I told her I'd be responsible for the expenses. They took all my personal information, and I provided the name and phone number of my banker in Iowa. They could confirm my ability to pay later.

I was told to sit in the waiting area. I had never felt so desperate and alone in my life. A minister was there with another family, and he noticed me quietly weeping. He came and asked if he could pray with me. That gave me some comfort.

About an hour later, the longest hour of my life, a nurse came looking for me.

"Mr. Anderson, Miss Ryan is in surgery and it's looking good so far. Are you a relative?"

"We're engaged."

"That's close enough, come with me."

We walked through several doors and screened off treatment areas to a surgical waiting room. Some 30 minutes later (most of it spent praying) I heard my name. I looked up to see Agent Norris and Agent Hennessey walking in.

As they sat beside me, Agent Hennessey asked, "How is she?"

"Don't know yet. The nurse said it was looking good but that's all I know."

"She's a very fit young lady. That'll help."

I asked, "Do you know what happened?"

Agent Hennessey replied, "We're still piecing it together. The witnesses, as usual, have slightly different stories but the consensus is that the three walked in with hoods and guns. They yelled for everyone to get down.

"This is where the versions diverge a bit. We believe that Brad pushed Emily behind two chairs and began shooting. The bank security guard was actually one of our men. We rushed him over there to back up Brad as soon as Emily told us where to go. He joined in the firefight but was quickly wounded. We've copied the security camera videos and will review them tonight to see exactly what happened."

"You sent the extra man because you knew something like this might happen?"

"We didn't know but also didn't want to take a chance."

"Was your guy the other person I saw being treated?"

"Yes, he was back in the hallway beyond the woman," replied Agent Norris. "The paramedic said his wound was not life-threatening."

Agent Hennessey continued, "The shooting was still going on when we arrived with the search warrant. We called in backup and secured the perimeter. When we went in, everyone was down, and the shooting had stopped. Brad was still alive but had been shot in the neck and leg. He died in a few minutes. Emily was sitting up on the floor in the office with her leg spurting blood. We put a tourniquet on her thigh using my belt. She was also hit in the arm but that appeared to be a minor wound."

"I guess Jackson was on the take," I said.

"Looks that way, but we have an investigation to do. What can you tell us about Pat and Nancy Jones?"

Over the next fifteen minutes, I told them everything I knew starting at the beginning on May 5th. They asked many questions.

The door opened and an elderly doctor in scrubs walked in.

"Which of you is Mr. Anderson?"

"I am. These two gentlemen are FBI agents." We all stood.

He introduced himself as Dr. Henry Mills, the surgeon.

"Miss Ryan will be fine."

"OH GOD, THANK YOU!" I exclaimed and began crying like a baby, totally overcome.

Agent Hennessey put his arm around my shoulder as I wept.

"Her left femoral artery was hit, and she had significant blood loss. We gave her four units and are monitoring her pressure and oxygen levels. We may have to give her another unit. The tourniquet saved her life. She would have bled out in another minute or two.

"Her right arm has a superficial wound that will heal just fine. She's being moved to intensive care now. Miss Ryan is awake, but very groggy, and you can visit her in about 30 minutes. Only two people are allowed in so one of you will have to wait here."

I thanked Dr. Mills with a warm handshake, as did the two agents.

After Agent Hennessey and I walked to the intensive care unit, a nurse directed us to Emily's bed. She was hooked up to several monitors and drips. Her eyes were closed but quickly opened when I called her name.

"Emily, you look great, sweetheart." She slowly reached for my hand.

"You are so full of it. I feel dead."

"It was a close call. I think we might have to replace those trousers." She grinned and squeezed my hand.

"They cut them off. At least my panties were clean so Mom would have been proud." We laughed.

Agent Hennessey asked, "Emily, are you able to answer a few questions?"

"I think so."

"How many hooded people came into the bank."

"Three."

"What happened after they came in?"

"A woman yelled for everyone to get down on the floor. I started to do that when Brad pushed me behind him, and I fell. The gunfire began. I felt a sharp pain in my leg and another in my arm. There was some yelling and cursing and at least a dozen shots were fired, maybe many more. I felt someone pulling me into the office.

"After the shooting stopped, I saw you come in and a little later, you put the belt on my leg. I must have passed out for a while since the next thing I remember was the paramedics starting their work on me. I must have passed out again. When I opened my eyes, Matt was there."

"Was there anything said by them other than to get down?"

"No, not that I remember. Who were those people?"

Agent Hennessey replied, "Agent Sheila Jackson, Pat and Nancy Jones."

"Oh no!" She began crying and asked, "Were they shot?"

I replied, "Jackson and Pat are dead and Nancy was wounded."

"Why did they do it?" she pleaded.

Agent Hennessey said, "We don't know for sure. Matt gave us information about Pat and Nancy Jones, but we don't know their motives at this point. Clearly they came for the contents of the box."