The Adventures of Cain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Oh, gods...

I don't remember what happened next. I was suddenly clothed and wandering the alleys of the northern side of Stone Springs. I didn't remember changing clothes but I was wearing fresh garments. I was also carrying a pack with some clothes and food. My dagger was still strapped to my belt and in addition I was also carrying one of my father's swords on my back. I didn't know where I was going. I had never ventured to this part of Stone Springs before. In fact I only knew that the palace was on the northern side and I could see it jutting past the other roof tops.

I whispered out of desperation, "Fettel where am I going? Why am I here? Why are my parents..."

I prayed that he would answer. Honestly, I was scared shitless. I just saw my parents slaughtered and I wanted to crawl into a hole. I stopped walking and sat down in the road. I felt so helpless. I wish they had killed me. I could feel my eyes water and I lowered my head.

Fuck you, Fettel, this is all your fault. He probably summoned the assassins.

"Get up, Cain." Fettel said flatly, "Stop crying."

I wanted to disobey him but I did what I was told. Something inside told me that I should keep going.

"Walk over to the building on the corner." Fettel instructed.

I did as he asked and I saw one of the many pubs that were in Stone Springs. This one was called 'The Giant's Cauldron'.

"Enter." Fettel commanded.

I opened the door and was instantly overcome by the smell of ale and sweat. When my eyes finally focused on the poorly lit room, I saw a bar with most of the stools taken. There were many paintings of naked women hung on the walls and I saw some younger looking men staring at them with awe.

"Sit in the booth in the corner." Fettel whispered in my ear.

I scanned the room and saw the one he was talking about and I slowly made my way over. I sat in the booth by myself and looked around nonchalantly. I saw two men looking back at me with wide eyes.

"They recognize you, Cain..." Fettel whispered, "do you recognize them?"

What? My mind tried to think of what on earth he was talking about. I haven't seen their faces anywhere before...

"That's because you didn't see their faces..." Fettel whispered in my ear.

All emotions and color drained from my face. It was them, the assassins. I might have been mad at Fettel but all my hate channeled into what I was going to do next.

I prayed silently, "Where is the third, Fettel?"

"Upstairs... Give them hell, Cain" Fettel encouragingly said.

I smiled slowly, got out of the booth, and walked over to the two men. I touched my new scars and said loudly, "You two look like you've seen a ghost."

***

Thank you for reading everyone! Comments are appreciated! I am in need of a editor so if anyone is interested let me know.

12