The Best Christmas Ever

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ronde
ronde
2,408 Followers

Mellissa giggled.

"Don't tell me. Only if I ask you to, right? That's pretty bad, Stan."

"Well, I'm a little out of practice. Anyway, I'm not thinking a full-blown date. I just thought maybe you'd meet me for a cup of coffee after work. You could tell me about your weird customers and I could tell you how pretty you are. It'd be kind of a pre-date, date. Ever been to Walley's? Best coffee this side of town."

They walked around the block to the tiny little storefront with a giant coffee cup over the door. Mellissa had been by the little shop, but had never gone inside. She could feed herself and Timmy dinner for what one cup of Walley's coffee cost. Stan held the door for her, and then pointed to a little table against the wall. He held her chair while she sat down. Stan sat in the opposite chair, and grinned.

"My regular table. I bring all my cashiers here." He winked at her and she couldn't help but smile back.

Mellissa ordered chocolate-raspberry with cream and sugar. Stan had a triple-shot of espresso.

"Had this the first time in Paris, and I've loved it since." He took a sip and smiled. "It'll put hair on your chest if it doesn't jump out of the cup first. How's yours?"

"Ummmm. It's delicious."

"Yeah, most of Walley's stuff is. Would you like to try the cheesecake? It's excellent."

"I think I'll pass, this time. I'd probably gain five pounds just by looking at it."

"You're right about that. In my case, it was ten, and it took me three weeks of salads and running to get if off. I've weaned myself down to one piece a month. It was hard. The stuff's addictive."

He took another sip.

"So, any more crazies go through your register today?"

She talked and Stan listened. After a while Mellissa realized he hadn't said anything more than a few comments and the occasional chuckle.

"I'm sorry, Stan. I've been blabbing on and on, and it must be boring you to death."

"No, not at all. I talk to people all day long, and it's nice to just relax and listen. Besides, none of the people I talk to have as nice a smile and such beautiful eyes."

"Now you're trying to flatter me."

"Yes, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I said I was going to tell you how pretty you are."

Mellissa looked at her watch. They'd been here for an hour and a half. She still had to pick up Timmy and get to the grocery store before dinner. It had been so easy to talk with Stan she'd lost all track of time.

"Oh, God. I didn't realize it was this late. We've been here for an hour and a half. I have to get home to…"

Timmy name was on her tongue until she remembered the ending of her last date.

"to…, to go to my mother's . I – I promised her I'd have dinner with her."

"OK, but first you have to tell me how I did."

"What do you mean, how you did?"

"Was I good enough that you'd consider having dinner with me on Friday?"

"Well…"

"I know, you don't usually go out with men from work, but I'm not just any man from work, now. We've had coffee together. That has to count for something."

Stan looked so excited she couldn't bring herself to say no.

Stan said he'd pick her up at seven. Mellissa raced home from work, bundled Timmy up and sent him home with her mother. By six she was in the shower. At five till seven, she smoothed the black dress over her hips and checked her makeup. On her way to the living room, Mellissa saw the red fire engine under the coffee table. When Timmy played fireman, he used the table as his firehouse. She picked it up and put it in the closet. Mellissa felt a little ashamed. The night before, she'd hidden anything else that might suggest she didn't live there alone. She'd also arranged for Timmy to spend the night so he wouldn't be here when Stan brought her home.

It was ten when Stan walked her to the door. Mellissa was happier than she remembered being for months. Stan was a fun person and he'd been a perfect gentleman. She'd laughed a lot, but had also sensed that there was far more to this man than he let most people see. The thought that she'd like to get to know him better was in her mind on the ride back to her apartment. When they finally stood at her door, Mellissa realized she wasn't ready for the night to end.

"Care for a cup of coffee? I don't have one of those big shiny espresso machines, but my percolator makes a pretty good cup."

Stan brow wrinkled as if in thought. "Well, I don't usually have coffee with women from work."

"You already did that three days ago. Remember? Now come on in."

Mellissa slipped into bed a little after midnight. Stan was great, just great. She felt so relaxed with him. Well, she had been relaxed except when he helped her with her coat. Then, chills had raced down her back, and she'd been thankful for the long sleeves on her dress. They hid the goosebumps that appeared when he touched her shoulder.

As she lay there waiting to fall asleep, Mellissa mused about what it would be like with him. They would have a nice house with a big yard for Timmy to play in. Stan would take them to the zoo. Timmy had never been to a zoo. She was sure Timmy would like Stan as much as she did. Stan would teach Timmy to play catch and….

No, that wouldn't happen. As soon as Stan found out she had a son, he'd act the same as all the other men. She might get one phone call saying that he was really busy with one thing or another and maybe they'd get together in a week of so, and that would be the end.

On Monday, Mellissa was eating her lunch in the breakroom and thinking about the Friday before.

"Hi there, Mellissa. Recovered from our date yet?"

Stan was standing in front of her with a cup of coffee in his hand and a smile on his face.

"I didn't have to recover. I had fun. By the way, I don't think I thanked you, so, thank you."

"Well, I'll believe that if you let me take you to dinner again. I'm thinking Wednesday would be nice. Gilley's has great prime rib on Wednesday."

The little lump in her throat made her voice sound odd when she said, "That would be nice."

It was two weeks before Christmas, and Stan would be there in half an hour for their seventh date. Melissa's mother came to get Timmy. While he was in his bedroom changing clothes, she put her hand on Melissa's shoulder.

"Honey, you're going to have to tell Stan one of these days. Either he'll stay, or he'll go, but it isn't fair to either him or your son to keep rushing Timmy off to my house when you have a date."

"I know. I promised myself I'd tell him after the first night. Then, he asked me out again, and I didn't want to ruin it. I know it's selfish, but I like being with Stan and I'm having so much fun. I think I'm falling in love with him. It'll kill me if he walks away now. I just wish – "

"That you didn't have Timmy? Is that what you're trying to say?"

"God, no, not that. I wouldn't ever wish that. He's my life, Mom. It's just that…, well, why can't men understand about things?"

"I don't know, Honey. What I do know is that if he loves you, really loves you, he'll love Timmy too. If he doesn't, keeping Timmy from him will just make things worse when he does find out. When he finally leaves, you'll blame that sweet little boy for it."

Melissa's hand shook when she turned the knob. Stan smiled.

"Thought you'd stood me up after the third knock. I was wondering where I'd gone wrong."

"Stan, I have someone I want you to meet. If you'd rather not go out after that, I'll understand." She took his hand and led him in the apartment. "Stan, this is my mother, Helen, and this is Timmy, my son. Timmy, say hello to Mr. Cooper. He works at Mommy's store."

Timmy walked up, said "Hi Mr. Cooper", and offered his little hand. Stan wrapped it in his, shook, and chuckled when Timmy grinned and shook back.

"Wow, you got quite a grip there, Timmy. I was wondering when your mom was going to introduce us. Been wanting to meet the man who's been taking care of her when I'm not around."

"Stan, you knew?"

"Sure, I knew. I figured you'd tell me when you were ready. I sign your paycheck, remember? You claim two deductions on your tax records. I figured you had a little boy or girl. The toothbrush in the rack in your bathroom was a big hint, too. Somehow, I couldn't picture you using a toothbrush with a purple dinosaur on the handle. The red motor boat in the tub told me he was a boy. I just couldn't see a girl sitting in the tub and making putt-putt noises."

"Do you still want to go out?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

Mellissa made an excuse about fixing her makeup, and went to the bathroom. In reality, she needed to wipe the tears away before her mascara ran. Was it too much to hope for? Did Stan like Timmy, even just a little, or was he like all the rest and just putting on a show until he made it through this date? Well, the cat was out of the bag, now. She'd just have to see how things went. Mellissa looked in the mirror to touch up her eye shadow and was relieved that her eyes weren't red, as she had feared. She got her coat from the closet and walked back to the living room.

"Oh, here she comes now. Well, It was nice to meet you Helen. If you'll excuse us, we have a couple of steaks sizzling on the grill down at Belle's, and then we're going to a movie. It'll probably be late when we get back."

"Stay out as long as you want. Timmy's going to be at my house tonight. We're making Christmas cookies and fudge."

Mellissa walked from Stan's car with her arm in his and her head on his shoulder. The evening had been fabulous. Stan didn't even seem to mind when she talked about Timmy. He'd listened, and had asked lots of questions about what Timmy liked, what games he played, and what TV programs he watched. It was as if he really wanted to know all about her little boy. Maybe there was hope.

They'd also talked about each other. Stan already knew she was divorced, but Mellissa had been careful to keep the details to herself. When she tried to tell him about Walt, he said what was done was done, and he didn't need to know any more. Then he told her he was also divorced.

"Just couldn't give her what she wanted. It was better that we split up. I don't blame her, really. Anyway, that was a while ago, and doesn't matter when it comes to us."

They walked down the hall to her apartment door and Mellissa grinned. He's said "us", for the first time.

"Well, I've once again brought you safely to your door. You know, it's funny, but I'm absolutely dying for a cup of fresh perked coffee. I think I'm beginning to like yours better than Walley's."

They sat on the couch, just as they had on their first date. Melissa's heart jumped when she saw Timmy's fire engine under the coffee table. Maybe she could just push it under a little farther and Stan wouldn't …. A smile lit her face as she remembered she didn't have to hide his toys anymore. She felt Stan's hand on her shoulder.

"That's a pretty smile. What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, just that I had a really good time tonight. You can't imagine how long it's been since I've felt this way."

"Don't be so sure about that. All us divorced men don't go bed hopping as soon as the papers are signed, you know. Some of us are pretty backward about asking a woman out. Myself, I don't take rejection very well. After the first couple of dates, I stopped hoping I'd find anyone…, until I saw you in the breakroom."

"Oh, and just what changed your mind? I don't have Trixie's figure, and I don't wear short skirts like Jill, and Jackie says my -."

"And none of them talk to me like you did. They're either giving me the come-on, or they're afraid of me because of my job. You didn't do either. If you remember, I've already told you about Trixie, and I get tired of seeing Jill's butt when she bends over. She ought to leave a little to the imagination if you ask me. Just like with Christmas presents, it's more fun to guess what's inside the package."

"Gee, if I'd have known that, I'd have wrapped myself better. Then you'd be guessing about me."

Tingles raced down Melissa's spine as Stan gently caressed her neck. She hadn't felt that little tingle in years and suddenly, she needed to feel what came next. How many days had it been? She silently counted to herself. Yes, she should be OK.

"Your wrapping is just fine, and I've been guessing since I met you."

Mellissa scooted closer and touched his chest with her hand.

"Is unwrapping the package as much fun as guessing what's inside?"

"Depends on if the package wants to be unwrapped or not."

"This package definitely does."

Melissa's heart pounded when Stan leaned down to kiss her. He stared into her eyes for a second, and then touched his lips to hers. It was a soft kiss, a tentative kiss, as if he were testing her for a response before committing himself. Mellissa didn't give him time to wonder. She put her arms around his neck, pulled him tight against her and kissed back. The tingle she had craved raced to her knees, then back up her spine, and left her breathless. Stan cradled her carefully in his arms and kissed her again. Mellissa abandoned herself to him, to his soft lips, to the gentle caress of his hands on her back.

When she finally had to breathe, Melissa pulled gently away and smiled.

"We'd probably be more comfortable in the bedroom, don't you think?"

They stood beside her bed in each other's arms. Mellissa pressed her cheek into Stan's chest as he felt for the zipper in the back of her dress and slipped it down. She shivered when she felt the warmth of his hands on her back. She'd forgotten how it felt to have a man touch her bare skin. The sensation was thrilling. Stan started to slip the dress from her shoulders. She reached for his hands to stop him.

"It has to come off over my head."

Mellissa lifted the hem of the dress and pulled it up. Stan watched breathlessly as she first revealed her thighs, then the sharp contrast of black nylon against the little swell of her belly, and finally, the black bra that cupped her breasts. Mellissa slipped the garment over her head and tossed in into the chair beside the bed.

"Am I like you guessed? I hope you're not disappointed."

"You're everything I guessed, and more, much more."

Stan quickly slipped off his shirt, undid his belt, and let his pants fall to the floor. He reached for Mellissa. She put her arms around his neck and snuggled into his warmth. Stan kissed her again, but this time, the kiss was not tentative. It was a kiss of raw passion. He covered her waiting lips with his, sucked gently, and then nibbled at her bottom lip. Mellissa closed her eyes and slipped her tongue over Stan's upper lip. She inhaled sharply when Stan's tongue touched hers. The tingle started all over again. It turned her nipples into firm nubs that pressed against the lace of her bra, then raced to the soft cleft between her thighs and left her warm and moist.

Stan gently ran his hands over her back, down to her waist, and over her full hips. He lightly squeezed each cheek, then cupped them in his hands. His fingertips lightly caressed the crease between her hips and thighs. Mellissa was on fire. Need for this man overtook her. The only thought on her mind was that she wanted…, no…, she desperately needed him to make love to her. She needed to feel his bulk inside her, to feel his weight pressing her breasts flat between them, and to feel his hands moving over her body.

Stan unhooked her bra and she let it slip over her shoulders. He rolled her panties down over her hips and pulled her into him. Her breasts mashed into the firm muscles of his chest and the heat of his body.

Mellissa felt for the waistband of his boxer shorts, hooked her thumbs under it, and slipped them from his hips. She felt his stiff cock bounce free and press into the curly hair on her mound. Her fingers found him and gently squeezed. Stan groaned. She slowly stroked his length and felt his cock swell larger in her hand. When Stan slipped one hand between them and cupped her breast, Melissa's heart skipped a beat. She felt his fingertip brush over her taut nipple, and gasped. The sensation had caused an exquisite tightening deep in her belly.

Stan lowered her to the bed and laid down beside her. His hands roamed over her body, squeezing here, gently stroking there, and setting her body aflame with need. His fingertips slipped down to the silky hair that guarded her long, satin lips. Mellissa unconsciously spread her thighs to give him access. Stan's fingertip slipped into the cleft of her sex and sought the ripples of her inner lips. When he touched their surface, Mellissa moaned. After so many years, she'd thought such feelings would never come to her again. Perhaps it was the time of abstinence, or perhaps it was her feelings for him, but Stan was exciting her to heights she'd never before experienced.

Mellissa found his cock again and slowly stroked its length. It was so soft, yet so stiff. Her fingers found the sack beneath it and cradled his balls. She rolled them gently, feeling their weight and the coarse hairs that tickled her palm. Stan groaned again, and slipped his finger inside her passage. Mellissa arched off the bed and pulled Stan's lips to hers. She captured his mouth and sought his tongue. Surges of sensation raced through her body, and her mind was filled with an intense wanting for this man.

She began to rock her hips in response to his intimate caresses, and stroked his rigid cock more firmly. Stan found her swollen button and lightly brushed the tip. Mellissa gasped. He rubbed beside the soft little nub and she moaned in pleasure. Her thighs opened wide in readiness to receive his cock, and she pulled gently at his shoulders to convey her need.

She was warm, slippery wetness when he entered the clasping embrace of her body. Mellissa wriggled her hips to position herself for him, and cried out when Stan pushed his length deep inside her. The fullness in her belly and the sensation of her inner lips rolling over his shaft forced her to arch against him. Their bellies met just as she felt pressure deep inside her passage. Stan began to slowly withdraw. He stopped when the head of his cock was still trapped inside her, and then impaled her again. Mellissa closed her eyes, buried her face in his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his back. She inhaled his scent, the clean scent of soap, cologne, and the arousing male scent that underlay both.

Stan slightly quickened his pace. She felt his hand searching for her breast. The soft caress around her nipple caused Mellissa to shudder. She lightly cupped his hips and pulled him into her with each stroke. Mellissa felt Stan slip his hand down her side, around her hip, and then gently caress her thigh. He reached higher to find her little clit. She arched off he bed again when he touched the tip and began rubbing in little circles.

They were one writhing mass of passion, each moving in response to the other, and each grasping for that final peak of blinding, gasping release. Mellissa was the first to cry out and shudder. The rapid thrusts of her hips and her raking nails forced Stan over the edge. He felt the surge through his cock and pressed deeply into her body. Mellissa cried out a second time, then again, and nearly squeezed the breath from him as she rode out wave after wave of the climax. Stan thrust deeply into her and spurted again, then a third time. He savored the clasping embrace of her passage as the tiny ripples died away and then started all over to pull at his cock again and again. At last, he rolled to Melissa's side and kissed her on the forehead. She looked up at him and giggled.

"So, which is better, guessing or unwrapping?"

"I think unwrapping the package is a lot better than just guessing what's inside."

"Believe me, the package thinks so, too."

She nestled in the crook of his arm and stroked his chest. In a few minutes she was asleep.

ronde
ronde
2,408 Followers