The Black Widow Case

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We spend the next few seconds to open the flaps on our coffees and take a first sip. Finally, O'Hara spoke.

"Smith, what were you doing poking around at Nelson's funeral?"

"Who?" I asked summoning as much surprise as I could.

"Thomas Nelson"

"Ah! The dead guy yesterday! I wasn't working on that. I was following somebody that went there. You know me. I don't do anymore the dangerous stuff that you guys do. I do cheating husbands, background checks, and other small stuff."

"Who were you following?" asked O'Hara.

Think fast! Think fast!

"Bill Braden" I answered.

"Who's Bill Braden?"

"He works for Delorey's Solution, the PR firm. This is totally off the record. If this gets out, I might just be sued for millions. I want to be clear on that. They think he might be selling inside information to a competitor. He went to the funeral yesterday and I followed him there. Are you investigating him too? Is he linked to Nelson's death?"

There's one thing detectives are good at and it's asking questions. However, there's one thing they are bad at, and it's answering questions. As soon as I started to ask questions, they only wanted to get rid of me.

"It's none of your business, Smith!" O'Toole said sternly.

"Oh, come on guys! Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Is that anything to do with Braden? Is he involved?"

Ten seconds later I was out of the car with not a single thanks for the coffees. That's gratitude for you!

To be continued

12