The Boys in Blue Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Now I really must dash, it was a pleasure to meet you Miss Kerr, Flight Lieutenant." With that, he headed to the door, and Robert let him out.

"Now there's a man in a hurry," said Robert returning to the coffee table.

"I thought he was going to ask you for your autograph."

"Poor man he did seem a little stressed," replied Terry.

Robert sat down in his chair picking up the piece of paper and the card; whilst Terry nibbled on her toast.

After a while, Robert raised his head from the documents. "Terry have you ever met the Queen?"

"Only once after the concert at the Albert Hall she came back stage and was introduced to all the performers. Why do you ask?"

"Well according to this" passing the card over to her, "you have the opportunity to meet her again."

Terry looked at the card; most of it had been typed but alongside Flight Lieutenant Robert Barlow written in ink was Miss Teresa Kerr and a scrawled initial.

"Why on earth did he think I was your guest?" Terry said her fore head screwing into a frown.

"Well," Robert looked, staring at the unmade bed and the two opened suitcases one, with what was obviously female under garments on the top. "I can see how he could have made a mistake."

Terry followed his gaze, her cheeks becoming bright red. "He thought we'd," she stopped, trying to find the words.

"Yes quite," said Robert a big grin all over his face.

"It's not funny," protested Terry, but then the reality of the situation hit her, and she began laughing too.

After they had calmed down, Robert looked at Terry, '"You know I'd not really thought about the investiture until now, but now I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach.

Would you consider, being my guest today? I really could do with someone to hold my hand, and you are here?"

"But you must have family or friends, which should be your guest?"

"Nope, the only people I know in London are you and James, and I think he's working."

Terry studied his face; there was still a pale pallor to it, but his blue eyes were kind, and he sort of looked lost in this situation.

She knew from the reports in the newspaper; he had suffered horrendous injuries. It seemed strange to her; he had acted over there with no regard to himself to save those boys, and yet here he seemed so unsure of himself.

"If you are really sure, then I'd be honoured to accompany you."

"Terry you're a saint, I'll be eternally grateful."

"As I said before, anything for our boys in blue," she said smiling.

"But I'll have to get home and change, I don't think Her Majesty would approve of jeans."

They quickly made arrangements; Terry would meet him in the foyer at twelve thirty. After retrieving her wash bags, and packing them, she left.

To be continued,

12