The Choosing Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He struggled, his legs jerking and kicking as he tried to pull away from the fangs. They slowed as the life quickly flowed from him until finally they just hung. Dead and lifeless. When Roth had finished he bellowed, a sound of fury that shook the tree beneath us. He threw the Captain, shattering the dead man's body against a thick tree trunk.

Nadar slipped down from the tree to stand before me. He held out his arms. "Come," he said and I pushed off the tree, letting him catch me.

He whistled and a dark grey stallion appeared. He placed me up on the horse first and then settled in behind me. I fell back into the comfort of his chest. He drew his arms around me, giving me a brief squeeze before taking the reins.

Exhausted I nestled my head into the crook of his shoulder and closed my eyes. Sleep came quickly. I gladly fell into it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm quite honestly astounded at the comments and emails this work has received. My Mistress Red Pen assures me it's good but I'm all needy and riddled with self doubt. I rushed it to work to a deadline, something I've promised I won't do again but here I am procrastinating on this finished work avoiding my next ebook. (yes Pacofear, I'm writing it, I'm writing it....)

I churned out about 35 000 words in about a three week period. Thankfully my Mistress Red Pen was able to comma check and grammar whip but because I left it so late to finish I didn't get my tweaking time, which means it's forever in draft in my head and I'm not happy with the end result.

Oddly, many of you are. (You haven't got to the end yet so maybe I shouldn't speak too soon!)

Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to comment and to click on the little stars, I really do love it.

Two more chapters to come after this one, they'll be put out in fairly quick succession. They won't stay up long though as this work will be published by eXcessica in November. If you want to help a struggling smut writer I'd be ever so grateful if you bought it then. J

Be sweet,

Darcy

xx

12