The Curse of the Romani

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why would she do that?" Ian couldn't believe the hunter trusted the vampire.

"Because it made her job easier. If the vampires with souls knew that the family would only be going after the soulless then we didn't have to worry about them trying to attack us as well." Irina sighed. "We have enough on our plate with the soulless, could you imagine, my child, what it would be like if every vampire alive was after you?"

"I don't want to." Ian shuddered. "I can't believe all of this was kept from me. Why wouldn't anyone want me to know this?"

"It's because of your destiny, my dear one." Irina leaned over and patted Ian's cheek. "You…"

"Irina! What are you doing?"

Ian cringed at the sound of his father's voice booming through the kitchen. Jeffery Sanders' tall frame filled the kitchen doorway. Anger flared in his eyes as he stared at his mother-in-law. Ian avoided his father as much as possible because he just didn’t feel like dealing with the headaches that normally accompanied being in his father's presence. Ian couldn't believe his father's timing. Leave it to his father to interrupt during something important.

"Leave us." His father commanded without even looking at his son. "I have things to discuss with Irina."

Ian sighed and gave his grandmother a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The look in her eyes told Ian that he needed to visit again soon. There were still many things for them to discuss. Ian left the kitchen without even acknowledging his father. As he walked out of his grandmother's house Ian was surprised to see the sun so high in the sky. Time had certainly flown by during his visit. He decided to take a nap before going back to see his grandmother again. Ian still had to go out hunting that night, but he wanted to find out what she had meant about his destiny.

#

His feet pounded on the dirt as he ran through the dense forest. The boy's heart throbbed painfully in his chest. The night sky was dark due to the full moon, and it was very difficult to see. The tree branches and bushes ripped into his clothes and even scrapped his skin as he ran, but that did not stop him. He knew that the love of his life was somewhere in the darkness.

Fear coursed through his veins as he heard the men running through the woods behind him. The boy couldn't understand how they had been caught. They were both so very careful. He could hear his father screaming his name in the darkness. His feet would not stop their frantic pace. Suddenly his surrounds began to shift and change. The boy jerked to a stop to catch his breath and to figure out what was happening.

One moment he was running through the woods and the next moment he was standing in front of the bonfire at his village. His head snapped in different directions as he tried to figure out what was going on. There were strong hands holding him in place, and an old, weathered book was forced into his hands. The grip on his shoulders tightened painfully as he was told to read the page in front of him.

The boy tried to escape from the menacing voice, but other hands grabbed onto him, forcing him to remain in place. His eyes scanned over the page and his heart dropped to his stomach. There was no way they wanted him to do this, to utter the horrific words in front of him. Before he could stop himself the words came flowing from his mouth. Tears filled his eyes, but he was able to alter some of the words without the men noticing.

He may be forced to do their bidding, but he could change the outcome to a point. As the last word left his lips, only one thing was on his mind. The boy thought about his lost love as an image of his lover flashed through his head, and he could feel his heart shatter.

"NO! Stefan!" Ian screamed as he shot up in bed. His breathing was shallow as his eyes tried to focus.

The nightmares had gotten worse. Before just images or sounds came to Ian in his dreams, but suddenly everything had become clear. The dream felt so real to him. It took a few moments before Ian realized the significance of his nightmares. He was reliving the curse of the Renaldi family. His dreams were putting him in place of the young Merripen son. Ian's first instinct was to run to his grandmother to find out what was happening, but then he glanced at his watch. His simple afternoon nap had turned into a long slumber.

It was almost a half-hour after the sunset, and that meant that Ian had to be out hunting. Visiting with his grandmother would have to wait until tomorrow. Ian quickly changed clothes and ran out of his house without a second thought. If he had paused for a moment he might have remembered what he had forget. The black monk's robe still hung in his closet.

#

Stefan cautiously made his way through the shadows of the local park. He had checked out the cemetery earlier and knew that none of the soulless lurked there that night. He had hoped to catch a glimpse of the mysterious hunter. He promised his mother that he would be careful, and Stefan had every intent to keep that promise. There was something about the male gypsy that compelled Stefan to look for him.

Stefan paused behind a large tree for a moment. From his hiding place he would able to see the path that snaked through the middle of the park. He only had to wait a few minutes before a figure appeared in the distance. The light from the lamps lining the path reflected off of the man's golden hair. Stefan sighed in frustration. He could only hope that a soulless would attack this human so the hunter would come to the rescue.

As the man moved closer Stefan's eyes were able to focus more clearly. His breath caught in his throat as his body responded to the man. The golden hair flowing around his shoulders made the stranger look like a god or an angel. Stefan admired the firm muscular body of the stranger. If the Gypsy did not appear soon, then Stefan would follow the gorgeous man. The blonde hunk sat down on a bench a mere fifty feet from his hiding place. Luckily Stefan was standing in the shadows of the trees and could not be seen.

Stefan's nocturnal eyesight picked up on a figure moving in the trees behind the bench. He watched as one of the soulless moved carefully towards his blonde god. Stefan was surprised to feel his fangs break through his gums. He couldn't understand his urge to protect the stranger in front of him. Before Stefan could figure anything out the soulless vampire leapt to attack its prey.

"Look out!" Stefan called out before he could stop himself.

The blonde hunk looked up at him in shock a second before the vampire knocked him to the ground. Stefan ran towards the two of them. The vampire had the human pinned to the ground, and its fangs were ready to attack. Stefan grabbed the soulless creature's arms and yanked him up from the ground. His super-human strength allowed him to toss the creature away harmlessly.

Stefan pulled the man to his feet and his breath caught in his throat as their eyes met. There was confusion in the icy blue eyes he gazed into. Stefan's breath caught in his throat at how easily he could get lost in those eyes. The blonde's eyes widened in recognition as he looked at the man in front of him.

"Stefan?" The blonde asked.

The smooth baritone was like music to his ears, but Stefan had no clue who the man was. How did this beautiful man know his name? Stefan opened his mouth to question the man, but was interrupted before he had a chance.

"Behind you!" The blonde yelled.

Before Stefan could react he was roughly pushed out of the way. He tripped over a rock that was on the path and he tumbled to the ground. As Stefan glanced up he saw the blonde man fighting with the vampire. As he rose to his feet to help Stefan heard the stranger mutter something, and the vampire suddenly burst into flame. Stefan stood completely still, shocked to the core. His beautiful stranger was actually the hunter.

"Are you okay?" The man asked as he cautiously approached Stefan. "I think I have some explaining to do. I'm Ian."

Ian offered his hand to the dark stranger. Though the man wasn't really a stranger to him, he was the man that had appeared in his dreams. Ian felt fear surge through his body because he was nearly positive that he was standing face to face with one of the original Renaldi family members. In fact Ian knew that it was not just a family member, but the lover of his ancestor. Ian knew he should be running way as fast as he could, but he felt drawn to the man in a way he couldn't explain.

"How do you know my name, Gypsy?" Stefan's voice was cold even though his body trembled at being so close to Ian. He refused the Ian's hand, but it wasn't out of anger. Stefan was afraid he wouldn't be able to control himself if he felt the Gypsy's warm flesh. Something clicked in Stefan's brain though. "What did you say your name was?"

"I know your name because of my Gypsy heritage." Ian lied through his teeth. There was no way he was going to admit his dreams to Stefan. "I said my name is Ian. Why?"

"That is very interesting." Stefan trembled as Ian confirmed what he thought was said. Memories long pushed away surfaced and drifted through his mind. "I once had a lover named Ian."

"The Merripen boy's name was Ian?" Shock rocked through Ian's body. Was he named after his ancestor or was Stefan just toying with him?

"You do not know your family history?" Stefan spat at him. It was easier to be mean to the man because otherwise he would be pulling Ian's body against his own. The blonde Gypsy looked nothing like the man he was named after, but it seemed his effect on Stefan was the same. "I thought the Gypsies were so proud of their heritage."

"Why don't you tell me?" Ian argued back. "Gypsy blood runs through your veins as well."

Stefan could not control himself as he pulled Ian into the darkness of the trees. He slammed Ian up against a rather large tree trunk. Stefan's face was inches away from Ian's. Ian felt fear course through his body as he was pinned against the tree.

"The blood that runs through my veins is the blood of the poor people I am forced to drink from." Stefan growled. "It was your family that forced this on me."

"Don't blame me for the sins of my ancestors." Ian's voice was soft but strong. "I understand that you had no choice in who you have become, but realize that I had no choice either. You also realize that I could kill you right now. You've watched me hunt before, Stefan Renaldi."

Hearing his name roll off of Ian's tongue did something strange to Stefan. There was something almost familiar in the way Ian said his name. He knew very well that Ian could kill him at any moment, but for some reason he trusted Ian. It scared him that he could so easily trust someone he did not know, especially when that someone is a Gypsy hunter.

"You will not kill me, Ian Merripen." Stefan quietly responded.

Images and pictures began flashing through Ian's mind as he heard Stefan say his name. The Merripen name had not been used in a very long time since there was no male child to carry on the name. Ian saw images of himself with Stefan. The two of them walking through the woods, lying next to each on a blanket under the stars, and finally their naked bodies locked together.

"Stefan…" Ian felt like he was in a trance.

His fingers reached out with a will of their own and ran gently down the dark haired man's cheek. Ian expected the skin to be cool, but it was far from cool. In fact the skin was hot and smooth. The heat from Stefan's cheek seemed to slide down Ian's arm and into his body. Ian couldn't stop himself as he leaned forward and kissed Stefan. Stefan stiffened at first at the suddenness of the kiss. He could feel the moist heat of Ian's tongue against his lips seeking permission to enter.

Stefan allowed his lips to open and Ian's tongue plunged in. His head spun from the sensation of the man's tongue as it dominated his mouth. Stefan released his hold on Ian's shoulders as he gave into the passion of the kiss. He was used to being the aggressor in such situations, but there was something familiar about Ian Merripen that caused Stefan to give in. A low moan rumbled in Ian's throat as he felt Stefan's tongue slid against his own.

Ian's hand reached out and grabbed onto the back of Stefan's neck, pulling the man deeper in to the kiss. His free arm wrapped around the man's waist and pulled their bodies together. In some part of Ian's mind it registered that he was kissing a vampire, but he felt no fear whatsoever. For one of the first times in his life he felt safe, free. It felt natural for Ian to be holding Stefan in his arms, to be kissing him.

Stefan's hands roamed over Ian's broad, muscular body. His fingertips moved on their own accord as if they already knew every inch of the man in front of him. The sighs and groans that slipped from Ian's lips only urged Stefan on. A voice called out in his head that he was with a Romani hunter, but his heart ignored the plea. Stefan knew deep within himself that no harm would come to him from Ian. How he knew that he had no clue.

Stefan finally broke this kiss. Their chests rubbed against each other as they gasped for breath. Their eyes locked together and that magical pull seemed to appear again. Stefan realized that Ian was slightly taller than he was as he leaned forward to suck on Ian's earlobe. Ian arched against Stefan as he felt the moist pressure on his ear. Stefan slowly moved down until he was gently sucking on Ian's neck.

Ian stiffened for a moment, and Stefan immediately pulled back. He berated himself for doing something so foolish. Of course Ian would be wary to have a vampire lick and suck at his neck. Stefan opened his mouth to apologize, but Ian's intense gaze stopped whatever words he was going to say. After a few tense moments Ian tilted his head slightly. Stefan's eyes bulged as shock coursed through his body. This beautiful man had just offered Stefan his bare neck. He realized that Ian was offering his trust to him.

Something stirred deep in Stefan's heart at the gesture. Feelings he had thought he would never feel again after the curse suddenly blossomed into existence. Instead of returning to Ian's neck he crushed his lips against Ian in a deep, passionate kiss. Ian literally felt his breath being sucked out of him. He grabbed Stefan's hips and pulled the man against him. Ian could easily feel Stefan's arousal as it rubbed across his own aching member.

The sound of a dog barking caught Ian's attention. He glanced around and suddenly realized just how close to the path they were. Ian gently pulled away from Stefan. He grinned reassuring at the confused look on Stefan's face. Ian glanced over his shoulder and looked into the woods behind him. An idea sprung into his mind and he felt compelled to follow it. Ian leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on Stefan's lips.

"Think you can catch me." He breathed into Stefan's ear.

With a small chuckle Ian took of into the dark woods. He was sure that Stefan would follow him, though he had no clue why he was so certain. Stefan stood completely still for a moment as Ian's words slammed into his brain. Century year old memories flooded into his mind. It would not be the first time he had chased a Merripen through the woods. Stefan's heart pounded in his chest as he remembered the first time a Merripen said those words to him.

Ian's ancestor, the one he was named after, had said the exact same thing to him hundreds of years ago. Stefan had chased the beautiful man through the woods. His cock throbbed as memories of what happened after Stefan caught him came to mind. Would that happen again? Stefan mused there was only one way to find out. He took off after Ian and hoped his vampire senses would aid him.

Stefan's pace quickened as he ran through the trees but couldn't find any sign of Ian. He had just sped past a very large tree trunk when he felt something grab onto this back. Before his mind could register what was happening Stefan found himself on the ground. Ian had him pinned to the forest floor. His body covered nearly every inch of Stefan's muscular frame.

"I see you caught me, Ian." Stefan slowly licked his lips as he gazed up at the beautiful man on top of him.

"Only because you run through the woods like a rampaging bear, Stefan." Ian's light laughter echoed through the dark trees.

Stefan's breath caught in his throat as Ian's words flowed over him. The air in the forest suddenly seemed thicker than before. He could almost feel electricity sparking through the air. The Ian that was lying on top of him looked nothing like the Ian he had known, but the two men nearly sounded the same. The present Ian repeating things to him exactly as he had heard them centuries ago. Ian's laughter stilled as he saw the intense look that Stefan was giving him.

"What's wrong?" Ian was concerned. He stood up and helped Stefan to his feet.

"Nothing at all." Stefan leaned forward and began sucking on Ian's bottom lip.

As the two men shared another hot, intense kiss they began pawing at each other's clothes. The need to feel their naked flesh touch was overpowering. Ian broke the kiss as he looked into Stefan's hungry eyes. They started to undress themselves. Stefan moved faster than his human counterpart and stood before Ian completely naked. His erection slapped up against his belly and glistened in the faint moonlight. Ian stood still with his white briefs still on.

Ian's eyes roamed over the naked beautiful man in front of him. His dick ached to be released as he watched Stefan ran his hands over his smooth, taut chest. His tongue darted out and moistened his lips as Stefan reached down and cupped his own balls. His eyes focused on the large, uncut erection that sat above Stefan's smooth balls. Ian was very aware of the fact that Stefan was teasing him, fueling his passion. Stefan was using every ounce of strength he had to stop himself from pouncing on the angel that stood before him.

As Ian slowly, and teasingly, slid his briefs off Stefan felt the entrance to his body twitch in anticipation. He wanted Ian to claim his body, to take what he could give. The moonlight made Ian's body almost glow. Stefan's eyes paused as he noticed something on Ian's left hip. He stepped forward to inspect the mark he saw there. Stefan's fingers lightly traced the pale, pink strawberry shape on Ian's hip.

"It's a birthmark." Ian blushed as he felt Stefan's fingers rub his hip. "I hate it."

"It's not possible." Stefan could feel his eyes becoming moist. His breathing became ragged, and Stefan felt like he was going to pass out.

"What's not possible?" Ian grabbed onto Stefan's shoulders to steady him. The gorgeous man in front of him had begun to sway slightly.

"Your birthmark." Stefan's eyes refused to look away from the pale shape. "Ian, I mean my Ian, had the exact same birthmark."

Ian could tell by the fear in Stefan's voice that he wasn't lying. His grandmother's words from earlier in the day echoed through his mind. She was going to tell him about his destiny. As he gazed at Stefan's trembling body something stirred deep within his soul. Ian knew deep in his heart that he belonged Stefan, the same way that Stefan belonged to him.

"I love you." The words came out of Ian's mouth before he even knew what was happening. Stefan's head snapped up in shock. "Don't ask me to explain it, but I know that my heart belongs to you. You are mine."

The intensity in Ian's voice caused shivers to run up and down Stefan's spine, and in that moment he knew that Ian spoke the truth. His soul recognized the man in front of him, and it was telling him that his Ian had returned. Granted the man in front of him bore no resemblance to his ancestor besides the birthmark, but Stefan knew that somehow, someway, his Ian had found a way to return to him.