The Dragon Ring Ch. 03

Story Info
Fool me once.
6.2k words
4.57
20.6k
12

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/14/2022
Created 02/28/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Three

Fool me once shame on me, fool you twice...?

I awoke in the early dawn. The sun yet to broach the horizon, but casting its rosy glow high into the cloud speckled sky.

Sissy was lying across me; her head nestled into my shoulder, her arm curled around my neck, her hips across mine and her foot wedged twixt my knees.

I reached over and smoothed her hair, still tangled from its wash the eve before. Still asleep she smiled snuggling her head into my shoulder, trying to burrow into my armpit.

I gently shook her shoulder and she stirred, tilting her head to look at me with sleepy eyes. She started to rise; there was a sharp pain in my thigh as we parted. She also felt it for I saw the signs on her face. I threw back the cover and sat up, revealing that her blood had caked and stuck our skins together.

I looked at her and saw her eyes on me.

"It seems your blood would make us one," I observed dryly.

Her laugh peeled out infectiously, and my laughter joined in hers, as we fell together arms about one another.

I released her and rolled to the side of the bed, feet to the ground. Bringing a washstand shimmering in to view. I stood, stepped to it, dipping the washcloth into the warm water. I sponged and scrubbed the dried blood from me.

Finishing, I rinsed the cloth, and turned to where she was sitting on the side of the bed. I bade her stand and cleaned her, rubbing hard to free the hair of blood.

She rubbed my chin and asked if I had brought a razor. I laughed again, and made one appear in my hand. She took it from me, and taking the soap from the stand, lathered my face.

The way she handled the razor told me that she had never used one before. To save my face, I took it from her, having her hold the mirror before me instead.

I showed her the correct way to hold it, and how to angle it to the skin. She watched as I finished the shave, throwing the blade into the sky to have it disappear. She clapped her hands and her delicious laughter peeled again.

I had little experience with women's things, and so could not make the hairbrush she requested. She had to make do with the simple comb that I used.

It took a good twenty minutes and much complaining before I beautified her unruly locks and we looked to breakfast.

I argued against trying for more fish, saying that we had wasted enough time already. But she insisted, saying that what little dried meat we had left would serve as the mid-day meal.

The sun was one third up the sky before we gratefully finished the last portions of the fish, washed down with the very last of the cider. Though we still had the bottle of brandy.

Ready for the journey at last I considered how we should garb ourselves that day, she would walk without, her cloth strapped tween her legs, and the cloak wrapped round her, I would ask her to not to bother putting her cloths on, I could create a bowl of warm water and sponge whenever she needed. She could wash herself with that as necessary. But civilisation and possible observation could be a short walk downstream. I clothed me once again in the peasant dress of a sheeplie herder.

We followed the widening rivulet while the sun climbed higher in the sky. The surrounding lands turning lush as hedgerows and stone walls began dividing up the open countryside.

We finally came to the junction of our rivulet and the broad expanse of a major river. This was the mighty Slith.

We retreated a little way back so she could wash herself one last time, and I conjured more cloths for the last part of the day's journey.

On our side, tangled vegetation reached down to the river's edge. On the far side I could see a tow path for the equinininys who pulled the barges up and down, between the towns.

I would much prefer that we were on the side with the towpath. Emboldened by my previous successes with the bathtub and bed the previous eve, I focused on creating one of those little boats, coracles; I had seen the fisher folk use them on the lower lake.

I was greatly pleased when the small round boat appeared on the bank before us. We dragged it into the river, and I bid her enter as I held it steady. As she entered it wobbled violently, and I shouted for her to sit quickly.

I saw the incongruity of her dress as a sheeplie herder, and changed our clothes to the ones of the common folk of our castle.

I was extra careful as I entered, crouching low till I was seated on the plank opposite her. The boat drifted out into the main current, with the clumsy assistance of my paddling. She complained twice that I splashed her but I ended up wetter.

As the boat drifted with the flow, we were passed thrice by barges travelling up the other way. We waved acknowledgement as they ploughed slowly against the current, the mighty equinininys straining under the load.

The sun was a quarter before setting as we saw the cottages, marking the outskirts of the town. I stroked side for side as we manoeuvred our way to the bank, splashing less as I became more skilled, finally gaining reach of the grass that grew at its edge.

Whilst I held us steady, she crawled over the side and onto the bank. I followed, and ended up wetting myself up to the knees, as the small boat tipped over.

Fortunately no one was around to witness my embarrassment, but Sissy laughed till her sides hurt as I scrambled out.

I swapped the wet clothes for dry, and held out my hand to her. We walked down the path into the town. Evening was coming on and we decided that the best course was to find a small inn with food, and a bed to spend the night.

Looking around at the townsfolk, I realised that our garb made us stand out too much, and I took us into a shaded alley where I created new for us. I still had the few coins that I had removed from the dead soldiers tucked in to the pocket of the cloak, I hoped that would be enough. I didn't want to dupe these people with false coin if I could help it.

We found an ancient inn near the centre of the town, paid for a bed with a silver coin, while two coppers paid for a nourishing stew, with bread and a small beer each.

In the bedroom was a straw bed, with a feather cover that two nights ago would have been heaven, but was not as grand as the one we shared the previous eve.

We spent the night quietly, but comfortably, our naked bodies entwined. I woke her as the crowing cockrelic woke me. After washing our bloodied bodies and dressing, we breakfasted on scrambled eggs and some beverage, brewed from leaves, which tasted pleasant enough.

We wandered the town awhile, till we found the river bank. I enquired about boats travelling to Boughtnock. Fortune smiled upon us, as I discovered that a fast boat was due to leave that morn, and there was still space for deck passengers. The fare was more than I had left. But it was the local agent was collecting the monies, and we would be long gone before he would discover that my money had vanished.

We had an hour or so before the boat left, so we returned to the town centre, where I spent my few coppers on provisions for the journey.

Boarding the boat early, we saw that other passengers had made themselves comfortable amongst the coils of ropes on the deck, and we did likewise. The journey would last a day and a half, with an overnight stay tied to the bank where sunset found us.

The rowers were on the deck below and we heard the steady splash, as we made progress down the broad river. Staying to the centre, clear of the barges that plied the side, we made good progress. The day went easy. I had bought bread, cheese and fruits, and we consumed a portion of these for both our lunch, and our supper as the ship tied up for the night.

As we lay quietly, I overheard a conversation tween some fellow passengers. It was about how a wicked Princess, from one of the northern kingdoms, had murdered both her parents. They would not allow her to marry the man of her choice, some serving lad that had befuddled her mind, and then eloped with him.

It was a big scandal as he heard it; soldiers were, even now still looking for her. Fortunately Sissy was sleeping and I decided to keep it from her, as I feared that she might be so outraged by the fabrication, to protest it and give us away.

The morn passed easy, for about half an hour before we docked we saw cottages, then houses, lining both banks of the river.

The docks where we disembarked soon gave way to grand houses and shops, as we made our way into the city centre. I had but two coppers left, and a rumbling stomach, I didn't doubt that Sissy also was in need of nourishment.

As we walked, a uniformed man came up to us and asked us our business. I told him that we had newly arrived, and were looking for a food stall to ease our hunger. He told us that it was part of his job as a constable to direct people, and that what we sought was a market, some six turns and a mile distant.

Wearily we plodded the route, the houses becoming smaller, and the streets were now becoming strewn with rubbish.

The market, when we found it, was large. Offering a great variety of goods, indeed I would love to have had time to explore it. Perhaps I might if I ever came back this way.

We found a food stall that looked decent. I turned one of the copper coins silver, to purchase a meal of fish, potatoes and some vegetables, along with more cups of that strange beverage.

Feeling replete after the meal, we found an inn on the outskirts of the market. Using magic money we bought drinks, and took to a quiet corner table, to discuss our plans to get to Yipell.

I told her the tale I heard on the boat. She was truly outraged, almost shouting, before I could quieten her. Her face flushed red with rage under her guise as a man. tho' I had not told her. I could tune my mind to render any illusion, mine or other wizards, almost transparent to my eyes. I had for days now been looking at her nude. I thought it would make me accustomed to her body, sparing my penis from rising when we were unclothed together.

"I'm afraid that the tale of it being a serving lad might be to lull us, they might know that they are dealing with an adept at magic. They might detain any likely suspects, to put before another corrupt adept who would know me for the journey man I was," I explained.

"No, we've come this far. Can't risk getting caught now," I continued.

"We could stick to the byways, but it would take us a week or more of walking. We would have to cheat for money, to pay for food, and I'm reluctant to cheat the poor."

"If we could get money we could get equinininys, and ride, paying for our food and decent lodgings along the way," she sighed.

"I know of no way to earn money quickly, especially the sum that would be needed to purchase equinininys."

"'Tis a pity that you can't play cards with some of my father's courtiers, they used to gamble ridiculous sums on the turn of a card."

"You have it Sissy," I exclaimed. "There must be gambling houses in a city this large, all we have to do is find one. My master taught me how to cheat..., well I asked him how he kept beating me at cards, and he said he focused on my eyes when I looked at my cards and read them in my eyes. I can know when I have a winning hand, and I can stop the wheel in roulette with the ball in my number."

"Wouldn't the houses guard against that sort of thing?"

"The big houses would, but I should be able to detect any adept they have watching the tables, and avoid those places."

"Yes, you could win small sums that wouldn't raise suspicion."

"We would have to dress as gentlemen; I need to study their clothes and mannerisms, if I am to succeed at this."

"We would find gentlemen in the parks at this hour, taking the air before returning home for dinner."

"Then we are set; we need to find a park and sit and study."

We headed back to the centre in high spirits, full bellies and a plan in hand. As we passed one of the high class food shops, I pulled her inside. The shopkeeper eyed us suspiciously as we entered, leaving another customer to attend to us.

"My master has sent us to purchase some sweets and fancies," I stated, showing him five silver coins. His face betrayed his greed; he assembled only half the value and boxed it for us. When we found the park it provided us with a delightful afternoon treat.

The men were indeed parading in the park, many leading doggerels of a particular muscled breed. We sat on a bench, opposite some fine ladies, and observed their manners and their afternoon clothes as they greeted the gentlewomen. We got a few sniffy looks as well, much to Sissy's amusement. I heard her once or twice stifle a giggle.

After a while, we used the bushes to hide our change of clothes, and returned to the bench attired as young gentlemen. We continued watching for a while longer before I rose, and approached a pair strolling bye.

"Pardon me sirs; I am a stranger to your fine city. I'm wondering where we might find some entertainment for the evening?" The way I accented the word entertainment, would I hoped give them the clue as to what sort I was seeking.

"There is a fine house down by the river, 'The Sotherbe', tell them you were recommended by me," he said, handing me a card.

Embossed on the card was the name, 'Patri de Homme', along with some address. At the bottom was a line that said 'callers accepted between 11:00 and 2:00'.

"Thank you kind sir," I said graciously.

He waved his hand effeminately and strolled on, dogs pulling to sniff along the verges, conversing again with his companion.

As they rounded the bend and were lost to sight, I returned to the bushes and retrieved the flour sack. Taking the bottle from the sack I repacked it in the sweets box. I rejoined Sissy on the bench.

"Shall we go now?" I asked.

"Where to?" she looked at me querulously.

"To find an inn in keeping with the fine clothes we're wearing," I replied.

As we strolled to the gate, I wished she were dressed as fine as the ladies we had seen, with her arm looped through mine.

We walked towards the dock area through avenues of shops and offices, when we saw two brightly garbed gentlemen approaching, along the crowded pavement. An old gentleman, walking in front of us, arm in arm with his wife, spit at their feet as he passed, shouting "Gays."

The two gentlemen nary cast them a glance, but raised their noses in the air, as if in distain. Sissy was open mouthed at the action of the older man.

"What's gay mean?" she whispered to me.

"I don't know, it's the first time I've heard the word."

"Oh," she said disappointment in her voice.

A little further down we were accosted by a peddler. With a tray of fine linen and lace handkerchiefs suspended around his neck by a ribbon and balanced on his stomach. He waved his wares under our noses whilst he ran his patter, in an effort to persuade us to buy his goods, walking backward a least three steps as we passed him by.

We got to a corner and I was looking around to decide the way to proceed, when Sissy was accosted and almost forced into a shop by a touter outside. The sign above said 'Gentlemen's Accessories'. The look of pleading on her face made me smile, as I swept my arm to bid her enter in.

Displayed around were; hats, canes, gloves, flasks and other goods, the shopkeeper came forward beaming.

"Welcome, welcome, please browse around; we have the finest quality goods."

We had no need for his goods, but I had need for some small change for the plan I had formulated earlier. So placing my hand on the small of Sissy's back, I directed her to the counter.

The shopkeeper hovering behind slipped around the counter and began to display fine nosegays and parasols. I looked through the glass top at the silk stockings and he brought out a pair.

"Here," he said. "Feel the quality, finest imported and the latest fashion. Your wife or fiancé would be very grateful to you, if you made her a present of these."

I took them in my hand.

"And what price are you asking for them?"

"They are very cheap," He said. "Only two silver pieces."

I took from my pocket a magical double gold piece, and proffered it.

He took it quickly and pulled a box from under the counter. Unlocking it with a key on his fob, he sorted out eight silver coins and a gold and handed them over to me.

I pocketed them as he tried to sell me matching garters.

"These would be a fine match for the stockings, only five coppers."

I turned to Sissy. "Do you think Sisoft would like these?"

"I'm sure she'd love them," she replied.

Taking them, I took a silver and gave it over, he handed me back five copper.

As we walked out the shop he bowed obsequiously. "Please call again, and tell your friend how fair my price is."

As we walked down across the road she looked at me.

"It's very nice of you, but what do I need stockings for?"

"I needed to get some small change. And he looked so in love with money that I thought he should have plenty and could spare us some."

As we came to the next crossroads, a trumpet blared and a four-equinininy coach came racing down the road, scattering people from its path.

It passed us, luggage piled high on the roof, with two young and gawping faces peering through the centre window. I followed its progress with my eyes and saw that further down the cross street, there were more parked.

"There's where we need to go."

"There will be no coaches departing this late in the day."

"No, but we will mix with those arriving, and find a fine inn that way."

We walked to the coach station, and in a corner, I created two large trunks and some heavy stones.

"What are the stones for?" she asked.

"To make the weight of the clothes that they should carry," I said, packing them in the trunks.

I looked around for a porter; none were about so I asked Sissy to guard them whilst I went to find one. They were elusive, but I managed to find one lurking behind one of the empty coaches.

I pointed him at the trunks and ask if there were any good inns in the locality, he grudgingly loaded them onto his trolley and started down the street.

We rounded two corners and stopped outside a century old building with beams and whitewashed walls. The doorman outside took our trunks and I fished out a silver and gave it to the porter, he gave a small bow and touched his cap.

"Thank ye kindly gents," he said backing away to his trolley

I walked to the reception

"Do you have a room with a bath?" I asked the girl behind the counter

"For how long sir?"

"One or two nights," I replied. "It depends on how quickly I can conclude my business."

"That will be one gold per night."

"Here is one gold," I said. "I will pay you another tomorrow if need be."

She plucked a key from the board behind and signalled for a bellboy, I felt sorry for him dragging the heavy trunks up a flight of stairs, and when we arrived at the door I tipped him a silver.

Sissy threw herself onto the large bed.

"This is better than mine at home," she exclaimed.

I sat on the edge. "Tis surly more expensive," I remarked dryly, laying backwards across her feet.

She bounced her feet. "Where are those stockings you bought?"

I sat up; I had put them down with the box on top of the trunk.

I picked the items up and the trunks disappeared. Throwing Sissy the stockings, I placed the box on a side table.

"Well vanish my clothes as well, I want to try them on," she complained.

"Your wish is my command, my lady." I mocked her, and vanished our clothes and guises.

The real coins in my pockets fell to the floor.

She sat on the edge of the bed, shaking one open; she slipped it onto her toes, pulling it up over her knee and up to her thigh.

I reached for one of the garters and slipped it over her foot, and on up to her thigh. She looked at me with delight on her face and took up the other one, as she pulled it up I followed on with the other garter, my hands sliding smoothly over the silk covered flesh. She lifted her leg and smoothed her hands up and down a few times, I put my hand on her knee, running it to the top, and back, lazily letting it glide lightly over the surface.

12