The Foundry Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And lastly, Jun Kimura, eighteen, the Ghost. Imprisonment length, one month. Skill of Soul: Frost Monarch. The mystical power of crystallization."

Hajiro looked up from the list of names he just read from. He smiled and turned to the frail, bedridden elderly man next to him. It was a dim room he was in, the only light emanating from the crystal chandelier hanging high from the ceiling. This was the Headmaster's room, deep beneath the Foundry's main quarters, only accessible by Hajiro and, when given permission, Sakina.

Taji Chalcedon, the Headmaster, was beyond helpless; bony and emaciated, struggling to hold onto life and supported by the many tubes and pipes that connected his body to a mysterious humming machine. Immobile and elderly, Taji was kept hidden away and secret to almost everyone in the Foundry.

"Well, Headmaster?" Hajiro asked, sneering at the bedridden man. "What do you think of them? These are all the Cursed worthy of note I gathered through my research."

Taji smiled crookedly - the large wrinkles on his face made him facially asymmetrical. "They all sound delicious to me. Though they all need more work," he said in a raspy voice, "I think this generation will be the best yet."

"Don't get too excited, you old geezer," Hajiro warned. "You've been watching the Blood Baths, no? You know what they're capable of. Your body won't last a minute against them."

Taji chuckled, struggling for air. "Yes, you have a point. This body, no. But I trust you have selected a suitable one like I asked?"

Hajiro's glasses shone brightly in the dim room. "Actually, no I haven't. I've been awfully busy preparing to meet with an inspector from the outside, it must have slipped my mind." He shrugged nonchalantly, feigning sympathy. "Too bad."

Taji opened his mouth to speak, but instead coughed, hacking violently, then wiped the blood from his mouth. "Find one quickly," he ordered in a scratchy, feeble voice, "or else I won't last any longer. That is your duty. Do not come back unless you are successful."

Hajiro bowed in compliance, getting up without a word. As he exited the Master's room, he heard Taji cough again, wheezing and gasping for air. A sly smile spread across Hajiro's face as the heavy metal door clicked shut behind him. 'Soon,' he thought. 'Anytime now.'

1...345678