The Gentle Cowboy Ch. 03

Story Info
Jake and Daisy.
2.3k words
4.64
48.1k
19

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/30/2022
Created 12/20/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Daisy was nervous and tense, "Don't you want to marry for love, Jake? Why are you doing this? Tell me you're kidding, Jake." Daisy's voice seemed to reach higher tones with each question.

Slowly he shook his head, "No, Daisy Maze, this is no joke. Become my wife or I take your ranch, your home, and... remove your family from the property. Choose, Dais, because once you leave this room there is no turning back, either way."

Confused, upset, and mystified, all she could say was, "Jake, I..." Words failed her. Part of her wanted to sayfuck itand take him, take what he offered. This was what she always wanted: to be Jakes, anyway he would take her. But the other part of her, the part that told her how wrong and manipulative this was, screamed an original, melodramatic,NO!That part of her, the pride and self-preservation, was running away from this situation and Jake at high speed.

"Make your choice quick, Dais. I don't have all day."

Seeing the indecision warring on her face, a momentary panic shot through Jake.What if she doesn't choose me,he worried. Lowering his voice, he whispered softly, "Would it be so bad, Daisy? To belong to me? To be mine?"

Daisy looked at Jake, really looked at him. His handsome face was like stone. He looked as if he didn't care whether she chose to marry him or walk out that door. However, his whispered words tugged at her heart like nothing else could. To belong to Jake, be his. That's all she ever wanted. He wouldn't have said anything if he truly didn't care what she chose.

"Yes," softly, barely auditable, slipped past her lips.

Trying to appear calm when inside his heart was racing, his blood rushing through his veins making it difficult to hear, "What did you say, Daisy? I didn't quite hear you." Looking at her, he waited.

Clearing her throat, she lifted her head and met his eyes defiantly, "Yes, I'll marry you, Jake." Her voice rang out loud and strong, sealing her fate, sealing her to the McKean Monster.

Slowly, a smile broadened across Jake's face. Standing up, he rounded his desk and pulled Daisy up, out of her seat, molding her body to his.

"Then let's seal our bargain with a kiss, love," he leaned down, almost touching his mouth to her own.

Lifting her face, Daisy met him, pressing their lips together and she lost herself in the wonder that only Jake could make her feel.

Slowly, leisurely, Jake took his time, almost like it was their first time. He explored her unhurriedly, gently tasting her, taking only what she gave.

It was a first for them in a way. It was the first tender moment that they shared. It was a melting of two people instead of one trying to conquer the other. A slow exploration of the other.

Stunned, Daisy pulled back, gasping. Reaching up, she touched her swollen lips in wonder, looking up at Jake through her lashes.

Jake knew it would be like this between them. Knew that she would be a fiery flame in his arms. Now he had to bind her to him so that no other could take her, or... before she could change her mind.

When she looked up at him, her doe-like eyes soft and heavy with passion, he grew impossibly harder. Slipping his arms about her waist, Jake pressed his erection into Daisy's stomach, leaving her no illusions as to what was pressed against her.

"There is no backing out now, Daisy. I won't let you to break your promise, our engagement," he liked the way that sounded, their engagement. Soon she would be his wife, his.

Wanting some room to breathe, Daisy tried to pull out of Jake's embrace, tried to put space between them so that she could think.

Suddenly she regretted her rash decision. Sure, she loved Jake, always had, and suspected she always would. But just because he asked, no demanded, she marry him, did not mean he loved her. Fears and self-doubt coursed through her. Daisy just wanted to leave, be alone and sort out what her hastiness got her into.

Gingerly backing out of his arms, Daisy peered into Jake's face, hoping she would see something that made her feel better about agreeing to his outlandish demands. She saw nothing. Just the same fierce determined look he always wore, the look that warned people away.Just great.

Nervously, she shifted out of his grasp, "I gotta go, Jake. I left the ranch a mess and there's a lot I need to finish up..." trailing off, Daisy was at a loss for words when he just crossed his arms and shook his head.

"Daisy Maze, you're not goin' anywhere til we get hitched. I'm not letting you out of my sight, Darlin'. I won't loose ya to some young buck, like Goofy Gowan. We're headed to Vegas. Now. You won't be slippin' through my fingers," grabbing her arm, he steered her towards the door.

Putting her foot down, Daisy planted herself at the door, and wouldn't budge. "No, Jake. We aren't running off like we have something to hide or did something... unorthodox," she touched her stomach for emphasis. Blushing, she went on, "If we are going to do this, we're doing it the right and proper way. Surrounded by family and friends." Tipping her head, she looked up at him challengingly, daring him to gainsay her.

Jake stared down at Daisy; head tilted back, hand on her hip, a glint in her eye. She was adorable. Laughing, Jake just pulled her back into his arms and kissed the frown from her lips.

Breathing heavily, Daisy backed up and came up against the door. Stepping forward, Jake quickly had her caged between the hard door and his equally hard body.

"Alright, Dais. We can do this your way. I think I'll leave you to the planning. I'd just get in the way of things. You know who I talk to, who I'd want there. No family from my side, 'cept for Aunt Donna, maybe."

Raising his hand, he cupped her face, delighted when she pressed against his palm. "Just one request, Daisy..." Once she lifted her eyes to his, he continued, "I don't want to wait. I won't. You have two weeks tops, Daisy Maze. I want you. In my life. In my home. In my bed," he finished against her cheek.

Flustered, Daisy nodded her head in acknowledgment of his request. She could do that; plan a nice, small wedding quickly. Now she had to break it to her parents. They were in for a surprise.

"Okay, Jake. Give me two weeks and everything will be ready..." Unexpectedly, Daisy rose up onto her toes and initiated a kiss for the first time. This time, Daisy took what she wanted.

Moments later, Daisy ended the kiss as abruptly as she had started it. Licking her lips, she patted Jake on the face and smiled, "I've got things to do, Cowboy. Can't stay here and lock lips with you all day. I'll see you later." And with that, Daisy pushed an astonished Jake to the side and stepped out the door and walked down the hallway.

Glancing over her shoulder was worth it; Jake's face was half surprised and mostly aroused. It was priceless.

Smiling, Daisy yelled, "Bye," to a dusting Miles and kept walking to her truck.

Opening the door, she got in, got settled and started the engine. Humming, Daisy left, happy and determined.

She really didn't know when, but in the five minutes where she doubted her rashness, and sanity, Daisy had finally made up her mind; she would marry Jake. No more questions, doubts, or worries. It was going to happen. And things were about to get messy, she decided to go after his heart. Love was the only emotion she would settle for from Jake.

**********

Reeling from her parting kiss, Jake sank into his leather chair with a thud. A thunderstruck expression on his face. He looked like he got kicked in the head by a horse.

Smiling for no reason, Jake felt like genuinely laughing for the first time in long while.

Above him the floor boards creaked, a chill went through him to hear the sound. Passing it off as Miles, Jake dismissed the fear of old ghosts.

He needed Daisy for more than one reason. She could banish the ghosts and make lifereal. Make lifeworth it.

A feral grin came to Jake's lips as he thought about another reason he wanted Daisy and how he wanted her. Naked. Ready. In his bed.

Again the boards moaned as if in protest of the weight pressing down on them. The grin disappeared and for a second Jake looked more like a lost little boy than the cocky, arrogant man he presented to the world.

Roughly, he pushed a hand through his thick hair, "I need you, Daisy," he whispered to the empty room.

**********

Nervous, palms sweating, Daisy entered her house, not sure how to tell her parents that she was marrying Jake McKean.Ugh, someone just hit me with a brick.

She opened the old-fashioned wood door, same one her great-papa Lew made back in the '20's. The sturdy blonde oak opened quietly, no creaking to announce her arrival.

Stepping inside, she just saw the comfy house that she had grown up in, the only home she had ever known.

The hallway had frames of various family members hanging on every inch of the walls, covering the eggshell white paint with big toothy grins and freckled faces. The thick homemade woven, cloth rugs hid the wooden floors and cushioned her feet and softened her step, further aiding her furtive entry.

Overstuffed lazy-boys in front of the big screen T.V., her father's pride and joy, gave the family room the same homey, comfortable feeling that just begged someone to come in, sit back and kick up their feet after a hard day's work. That and the sight of one of her charming brother's doing just that, passed out on the blue recliner all gave the room an informal feeling.

However, the kitchen was her mother's domain and Daisy's favorite place to be. It was where everyone ate and where everyone got together to share or more likely complain, about their day.

Entering the room, Daisy saw her mother placing something into the oven; probably a pie.

"Hey Mom," Daisy went over get an apple from the basket on the counter, not quite ready to begin her tale.

Standing up straight, the woman turned and smiled at her daughter. Mrs. Jones looked like an older version of her daughter. A few wrinkles and her graying hair gave away her age, but she was still a good looking woman.

"Hi there, baby. Now where have you been all mornin', Daisy?" her mother inquired.

Hedging around what she needed to say, Daisy decided to share some unimportant details about her day, "Well, I went to Hank's to see if he had those tools. Of course he didn't. Figures," she smirked as though that were just her luck.

Waving her hand airily, Mrs. Jones looked unworried, "You work too much, honey. I'm glad old Frank didn't have them tools in or I wouldn't be seein' you til sundown." Her eyes sharpened as she noticed her daughter wouldn't look at her, "Now tell me what is botherin' you, Daisy. You're pacin' and tossin' that poor apple around.

Looking down at the incriminating piece of fruit, Daisy set it down and glanced at her mom before she leaned against the counter, back to the doorway.

Tugging on a piece of hair that escaped her pony tail, "I was at the McKean Ranch, Mom."

Understanding lit up Mrs. Jones' eyes. Shaking her head, "Alright, Daisy baby. What's wrong with that? You and Jake have always been good friends."

Daisy was glad her family didn't know that she and Jake hadn't been the close friends they thought they were. Daisy never told her family about the times Jake taunted her in school or what he said to her in private. Them not knowing was for the best, Daisy always thought.

"Umm... Ehh...," Daisy didn't know where to begin.

"Just spit it out, honey," Mrs. Jones encouraged.

"Jake asked me to marry him," she blurted out in a rush.

Her mother just smiled, "Asked you to wh-"

"Well, I'll be damn," interrupted her father from the doorway, sneaking up on the women. "That boy finally came around and asked you to marry him. 'Bout damn time, if you ask me," Mr. Jones finished with a knowledgeable air.

"Gah, good thing no one asked you, Donald," Mrs. Jones snapped back at her husband. Turning to her daughter, Daisy could see the excitement in her mother's eyes, "He really asked you to marry him, sweetie? I always knew you two would get together."

Daisy was bewildered by the acceptance she found at the Jones house by her news. However, she was also immensely relieved to know that her parents were alright and even happy for her.

Smiling, Daisy felt like she was catching some of her mother's excitement, "Yea, Mom. I'm really going to marry Jake McKean. Kinda crazy, huh?"

Grabbing her daughter's hand, she half led, half dragged her to the kitchen table, "Now dish, Daisy. Tell me how it happened, where and everything. What did he say? How did he ask?"

"Uhhh..." Daisy wasn't sure the truth was the best answer in this situation. "Well..."

**********

So this is the end of chapter 3. I've been debating where to take the story... had some block but I pushed through. Time hasn't been on my side and slips away quickly. Sorry for the long periods of time, but I hope this was worth the wait! I hope to have another chapter out soon and am working on Jungle Man. No worries, everything will come out in time. :D Suggestions and feedback are always welcome.