All Comments on 'The Ghost of Red River Falls'

by soldierboy50401

Sort by:
  • 151 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I think that I still would of divorced her...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Interesting Story, Disappointing Bit of Morality

Really well written story and great characters as usual. I enjoyed the whole thing with the exception of the bit where you basically made in vitro fertilization a monstrous act. A few characters expressing their displeasure for it is fine, but when you make it so that the only person in favor of it is the crazy and manipulative former father-in-law and everyone who is against it as the clear moral superiors then you are taking a very clear stance. It wasn't even about how the morality of a married woman getting pregnant with her dead husband's sperm and wanting the current husband to help raise it. That would have been an interesting point to think on, but instead the very act of in vitro fertilization was called "evil" at the end. This is bad for story telling as the story is no longer just telling the reader what is happening, but instead is preaching to the reader about what is right and wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Can't do it.

Sorry, I would have left her the moment she called out his name during their first copulation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Calling A Lover's Name During Sex

I divorced my second wife when she called out another man's name while having sex with me. I was her first husband and the name she called out was the name of the creep with whom she was cheating. Funny thing...when I left her, the other guy was no longer interested in her. Men don't seek out a married woman because they are in love with the woman. They do it to cuckold the man.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 5 years ago
Gerardo story

I just wish they have twins!

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
So so

I realize this is only a story, a bit of the author's thinking, but I realistically cannot imagine Wendy doing a 180, an about face. The will of her character was well established. Up until she miraculously changed, the story was very interesting. But then it turned into a fairy tale. The ending did not fit the rest of the story.

mikie_1_99mikie_1_99over 5 years ago
I've read hundreds of stories on here,

And I think this is one of the better stories on here. At least top 5 in my opinion. You are a very good writer and I would love to read more of your work. The Pat Quinn series is great. When I read these stories I read them to be entertained. I know it is fiction. If I didn't like the way you wrote fiction I wouldn't read your work. Sometimes there is nothing wrong with fairy tales.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cumbucket cuck

My fucking nuts dropped off from such a pathetic wimp after page one. An asexual creature with no genitals has more nuts this this character. I came from page 2 to specifically comment how fucking shitty your character is, to the point of forcing me to leave disgusted commentary before reading all the way through.

I'll take some time to overcome such a contemptible story then resume reading to the end. Just catch awake up to not alienate normal humans by such terrible characters and unconscionable situations.

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Loved it

I loved this story but he should have insisted on moving house as soon as they were married..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too Bad!

Ed (Kevin’s father} didn’t get his ass kicked by Jacks father and Jack, Nate, his other Children. Wendy her mother and Jacks mother should have had a few things to say to him and his wife, she knew of his plans. (Stupid Bitch)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
didn't like this one

I generally enjoy the Red River Falls stories, but really disliked this one. It was painful. I had no more patience reading about the disrespect from his wife and her former inlaws than I would have had for living it. Yes, that means I skipped much of the story.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
A truly inspiring story

Thank you for writing such a truly wonderful story. Everyone should read this story.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 4 years ago
One heck of a story!

Well thought out...well written...well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

An unusual and painful story to read, but I don’t doubt that similar things do happen. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Marvelous Story...

...till the graveyard scene and Jack's speech to Kevin.Went down hill from there! 4*s, not 5.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

Well-thought-out and well written. I think that this fiction story is more realistic than many of the other stories written in this category. I only wish that you were still writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful story

Beautiful romantic and lovely 💐💐💐💐💐. Definitely a 5 star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟.

mac1729mac1729almost 3 years ago

Start writing again I cannot believe you don't have more to write

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I had 2 loving parents . Trust Me in a Marriage Voices are always going to be raised

kamdev99008kamdev99008almost 3 years ago

Bullshit.....

Every culprit, every criminal have a sentimental reason for his/her misdeeds...

Why need a law to punish, if just acceptance and forgiveness can make them loving..

Fucking crap with no payback to any

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Corny and melodramatic -- but it made for compelling reading. Loving Wives needs more potboiling yarns like this, enough with the strange car in the driveway, the hall pass, the girls night out, or the wife wants to go out on a date.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

This was a wonderful story. Good plot and writing.

Too bad that author had stopped writing.

gopher25gopher25over 2 years ago

Great story,

One caveat ... at the end there should have been some closure to her calling out Kevin's name when she.climaxed ...maybe in context of her counseling.

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956over 2 years ago

Getting the late husband's parent’s ‘consent’ would have ended it for me.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

God I wish this author was still writing.... He was one of the best on Literotica. Amazing depth in characterization, great pacing, and just great storytelling. Simply wonderful stuff.

5 stars of course

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TeggeTeggealmost 2 years ago

I concur, great writing, excellent development. I too wish Soldierboy was still writing and hope for a surprise one day. 5*

ManoBlueManoBluealmost 2 years ago

Jack was a awful character, way too wimpy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wonder whose kid it was. Story was an absolute shit show but at least he didn't take the Glock's safety off. The bitch is crazy and only a total pussy would take her back.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Fully agree with Tegge, excellent story, another sensitive subject dealt with empathetically.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a crock. The IVF stuff was going to happen how? She’s as crazy as a bed bug and he’s a fucking idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sondieren Boy is a great writer. Seeing nothing from him in 7 years makes fearful he has died.. I fear this because he promised a follow on story with Pat and it never materialized. I believe he loved his stories, and the happiness we all got from them. So, sadly, I think we've lost him. 😥

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

This was an incredibly heart wrenching story. It had such a tough message and was so well written. Like others I wish this author was still active as he told such a great tale.

Schlouis57Schlouis57about 1 year ago

Comment Jack peut il accepter qu'il soit mis à l'égard avec les enfants au premier repas et sa "salope" de femme être d'accord avec celà. Quel mauviette.il aurait dû demander à Wendy de partir avec lui dès le départ et si elle n'accepte pas, partir tout seul et entamer le divorce. J'aurai mis le feu à la maison et serait parti dans un autre état. On ne peut pas dire que Wendy aimait Jack. Très déçu par cette histoire. Bordel, il n'y a plus de vrai mec dans ces histoires. Bon j'arrête de lire les conneries de cet auteur.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He deserves to be treated like shit. What a wimp. I gave up on page 3. Yeah, I know there are 11 pages and they will work it out but I refuse to waste my time getting to a resolution with someone who has no respect for himself.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well, your story got better as it progressed. At first part it seemed our main male character was going to be a softie that let everyone belittle and walk over him. He finally found his manhood and stood up for himself. Alls well that ends well. Yeah, sometimes the middle sucks. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ed and Wendy seem fucked in the head.

11 pages too long so didnt bother reading it all.

MC seemed a bit of a wimp....

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

PAGE 4 AND JACK IS A STUPID WIMP AND KEVIN'S CUCK!! ASSHOLE JACK SHOULD DIVORCE THE FUCKED UP BITCH!!

USUAL TRASH WRITING FROM THIS LOSER WRITER

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Jack was written like a first class whipped cunt like the writer!! A fireman with no balls. A fucking wimp

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Cunts even considering naming their kid Kevin!!

Seriously fucked up trailer park white trash

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

Liked it a lot less after the second reading. Leaving to go to Hawaii should have been the end of the story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This story was really over the instant the female lead got on the plane for Hawaii. Whiney BS justifying her psychosis and desire to dominate after that.

justified15justified156 months ago

Fantastic writing once I ignored all the names in every line of dialogue. Hopefully you'll go back and edit that a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What an unusual and traumatic plot. Totally enraptured by the emotional turmoil. Kudos for the gifted Author, who can weave a colorful tapestry of unforgettable characters in complicated situations. More stories please...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow never saw that coming

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"He's right, Jack (*sob*). If he had gotten to me in Hawaii and stated his case, he probably would have talked me into it. He would have made me think it was a great idea to have Kevin's baby and that Kevin would have wanted that. "

====> The story was really well done and intriguing and fresh until this statement. It was like the vinyl record skipped in a jukebox. It was totally unnecessary and didn't make a lick of sense given her reaction just minutes before in the conference room when she learned the truth he of what her ex-FIL planned. All her remarks about Kevin would have been against it. How he could ever think she would do something like this. Her father calling such an act unholy, etc. And yet is she had stayed a couple of extra days in Hawaii, Ed "would have probably talked her into it". Wtf? Why? How? That is so inconsistent with her reaction. That was a disturbing shot by the author that really torqued the whole story. Because that betrayal is what the MC could nit get past (Hawaii and her masturbation to an old homemade porno with her ex was bad enough). Going into that conference room meeting, most of us readers are probably of the mind: "not my circus, not my monkeys". Talking to Nate helped for sure, but the planned IVF is an immutable wall demanding divorce. Everything else, with counseling is forgivable, if things improve. But her getting insemination in vitro via her desk husband's sperm samples is just hideous. She was genuinely aghast. And yet then says she would have caved if and when Ed made his case. Wtf? Will still give it 5 stars for originality and prose and emotional tension, but her hypothetical "confession" really marred what would have been a jewel of a story. It was totally unnecessary and inconsistent with her character. Gah!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Fuck…it was so god awful that I could not go beyond page four..the way fire fighter jack lost his balls, his dick and his man are…for a used pussy! And the writer calls himself Soldierboy… how about changing it to ladyboi Pse?

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

Its ashame youve been gone 4 so long... Hope you and fam. R well🤷🤷

Thanks 4 the storys, even the one you didnt finish... Take care🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋👍👍👍👍👍👍💯💯💯💯😉😉😁😁👏👏👏👏👏

dgfergiedgfergie11 days ago

Excellent story a little different than most found in the LW genre. I figured the ending a bit different but is was a a bit different and quite good, Some people think these stories are worthless an criticize the hell out of them. For some reason I find them quite entertaining and actually quite informative about relationships that is. Even and 81 I'm still learning about relationships after a first marriage that lasted only 13 years then about my second that lasted almost 40. I have read so many of these LW and Romance stories that I am actually learning something and finally understanding a little about relationships (men and women that is) so 5 stars for this one and remember, never jump to conclusions and open communication is absolutely necessary to a good marriage.

AceAureliaAceAurelia11 days ago

Nicely written but the MC seems a bit spineless and his wife never took full accountability. It doesn’t seem realistic that after dating 2-3 years none of this would have come up (interaction with ex husbands family, realization of him being second). She never seemed to get over it as displayed by her viewing of old porn videos and calling out her decieased husbands name during sex. The loose ends are a bit too significant to wrap up in 1 page .

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Dragged on too long

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous