The Girl with No Name Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By the end of the summer Danka realized something about herself that would have shocked her just a few months before: that if the opportunity presented itself, she'd be willing to have sex with someone other than her current lover. Not just willing, but it was something she actually wanted. She looked around at the other men in the settlement, noting the differences in their physiques and wondering how they might differ from Káloyankt if she had the opportunity to offer herself to them.

----------

During the last week of August, Babáckt Yaga ordered Káloyankt, Danka, and three other initiates; a young man and two young women, to her study. Two older men also were present; the two Followers who had been with Babáckt Yaga the longest and enjoyed their leader's full trust. The initiates knelt as the alchemist made an important announcement:

"The Priest from Nagorónkti-Serífkti contacted me with some interesting news. A group of fortune-seekers is coming up into the forest today. They are travelling to the ancient Alter of the Equinox, because they are planning to raid relics stored in the cave. The Priest gave them a map to the site, which is the same map I gave him the day we cut the children. With your assistance, we will intercept the fortune-seekers and capture them. If we are successful and their blood is pleasing to the Ancients, you will have the opportunity to atone for your offenses. That includes you, Danka Síluckt, especially you. Perhaps you will be pleased to know the men we are planning to capture are from Vienna. They are friends of your former Master. Therefore, you will assume the most important role in bringing them under our control. Have you memorized the Temple Song of Seduction?"

"Yes, Babáckt Yaga."

"Let's hear you."

In archaic Danubian Danka sang:

Man's first woman had fruit in her garden... Sweet fruit no man would resist... She knelt and offered her very best... He came to her to indulge... Sweetness beyond what he had known... Man and woman joined...

"Excellent. You've learned well, Danka Síluckt." Babáckt Yaga address the other two women. "I want to hear you sing with her. Follow her. Merge your voices as much as you can. Sing, as though you were one."

Danka led as her companions sang along, carefully following her voice. They adapted their voices to the pitch of Danka's voice in a technique Babáckt Yaga called "spiritual merging". The effect was music that sounded supernatural, which was exactly what would be needed for the Followers' plans.

"All three of you have pleased me with your efforts and your learning. If the Ancients bless us, tonight you will atone for your actions and tomorrow you will earn your skulls."

Babáckt Yaga ordered Káloyankt to leave the house. She unbraided Danka's hair, handed her a scarf to hide it under, and a comb that she would use later that night.

The members of Babáckt Yaga's settlement dressed in their dark clothing. The Cult members carried their skull-staffs and other items needed for the night's outing, while the two other female initiates walked out carrying small lamps and a supply of special lamp-oil. The only item Danka carried was her comb.

Káloyankt, his fellow initiate, and two other men assigned to serve as lookouts already had departed. They went out disguised as brigands, wearing light brown clothing and soft shoes that had been chemically treated to confuse sniffing dogs. They quietly observed their prey: three heavily-armed Austrians on horseback guarded by two Danubian mercenaries and accompanied by a servant leading two heavily-loaded mules. The group had four large hounds with them. Word of Bagatúrckt's fate had reached Vienna by the middle of July, so this group was not about to take any chances. Káloyankt later commented that a better way for those men not to take any chances would have been to stay in Vienna.

The first challenge to resolve was neutralizing the hounds. The scouts laid out pieces of drugged meat in places the dogs would find them, but where their masters would be unlikely to see. The meat was in small amounts and hidden inside the skins of squirrels. The purpose of the ruse was not to poison the canines, but to drug them so they would continue walking with the group, but not be alert enough to respond to noise or sniff out any danger.

The next part of the capture would depend on calculating exactly where the group would be when dusk fell and they would stop for the night. There were three clearings the mercenaries could choose from as likely locations to set up a camp. By late afternoon it appeared they would be approaching the second one just as it was starting to get dark. Babáckt Yaga scouted a location where Danka and the other two women could set up after sunset, a small cleared area on a hill overlooking the camp that would be visible, but difficult to access quickly in the dark.

Followed by their now-listless dogs, the group set up camp while the mercenaries looked around the woods to search for possible danger. They found nothing...certainly the dogs did not sense anything out of the ordinary, so the group tied their horses and lit a fire.

Meanwhile, Danka and her companions snuck to the hillside and placed their oil lamps in a circle. The oil had been chemically treated to cast pale green light on Danka's body. Following Babáckt Yaga's previous instructions, Danka took off her dress and knelt in the middle of the circle of lamps. She uncovered her hair and started combing it in the dark. After her accomplices lit the lamps and retreated into the darkness, she began to sing:

Man's first woman had fruit in her garden... Sweet fruit no man would resist... She knelt and offered her very best... He came to her to indulge... Sweetness beyond what he had known... Man and woman joined...

After the first stanza, the other women accompanied her to add mystery to the ancient song of seduction. Danka continued to comb her hair and proceeded with the next verse.

I have fruit in my garden... Sweet fruit no man will resist... I kneel to you and offer my very best... Come to me and indulge... Sweetness beyond what you have known... Man and woman joined...

The Danubian guides had been prepared for just about anything, but they had not been prepared to see a naked forest nymph singing a Pagan tune on a hillside. It was an illusion, it just had to be: there was no way that weird green light illuminating the girl could be natural. And the singing...was it one voice or several? Danka continued, in an ancient language none of the trespassers could understand:

I keep my garden under water... With sweet fruit you will not resist... I reach my arms to the surface... I will pull you to the depths... Deeper and deeper into my garden of pleasure... From which no man ever returns...

In the dim light Danka could faintly make out the bewildered faces of the five men as they approached through the thick brush, each with a sword or crossbow in his hand. One of the Austrians pointed a large musket at her. A black cloth slipped over the face of the man farthest to the rear and he disappeared from view. The next face to vanish belonged to the man carrying the firearm. As he passed out, a Follower quickly grabbed the weapon to prevent it from being fired. In quick succession each of the remaining faces vanished behind black cloths.

The captives remained unconscious while the Followers immobilized their hands and feet. Another group of Babáckt Yaga's assistants captured the mule-handler and took control of the horses. The operation went perfectly. With no struggle whatsoever, five heavily armed fighting men, an assistant, numerous weapons, fine horses, four hunting hounds, and expedition supplies had been seized by the Followers. Danka and her companions continued to sing, until Babáckt Yaga realized that she needed to tell them to stop. The other initiates extinguished and collected the lamps while Danka got dressed.

Within minutes the Followers had the campsite cleaned up and were moving north with their unconscious prisoners. The captives had to be carefully monitored during the journey, to make sure they stayed alive but without regaining consciousness. The group spent a night of non-stop walking and climbing, passing through groves of thick trees and finally emerging into a large open meadow. Standing alone on a small hill was their goal, the Altar of Blood-nourishment. They arrived at the holy site shortly after sunrise.

Above ground the holy site was little more than the altar itself, built under a small stone roof supported by pillars. However, the ground underneath was filled with an ancient labyrinth of tunnels, chambers, and passages. The underground complex was enormous, comparable in size to the catacombs of Rome. And yet, it was a secret that only a few dozen living souls knew about. The captives were taken into separate cells where Babáckt Yaga would interview them. She spoke fluent German, so she would be able to talk to the Austrians with no problem. Although she was convinced all the treasure hunters were worthy of being sacrificed, she needed to be absolutely sure.

While she waited for the captives to wake up, Babáckt Yaga called together the five initiates who had participated in the capture. She told Káloyankt and the three others they had earned their skulls and would become full members of the Cult, an event that would be celebrated on the day of the fall equinox. She answered Danka's question before she had a chance to ask.

"As for you...not yet. I have another tasking for you." She dismissed Danka's companions and continued: "Today, you must determine the fate of a man. Will he go on the altar and bleed with the others, or will he leave the forest? You will make that determination."

Danka wasn't sure how to react. Having such a huge responsibility thrust upon her was not something she could have anticipated. It certainly was not something she wanted. The alchemist continued:

"I am convinced five men in that group have offended the Ancients many times over. Unless one of them has a huge surprise for me, at midnight I will drive my knife into five bodies. The sixth man, the mule driver, is the one I don't know about. He might be a willing party to the fortune-hunters, or he may be like you, an ignorant bystander. You will talk to him, determine what is in his heart, and then you will decide what to do with him. I will honor any decision you make, even if I think it is incorrect. However, I will expect you to explain, in a clear detail, why you made the decision you made, what specific facet of his Path in Life he shared with you that made you decide whether he is worth sparing or not sparing. Before you run-off and spare him with no consideration, you will need to remember that he must be kept silent concerning what happened here. So think about it. If you spare that man, how will you ensure he will not talk about us or seek to avenge his companions? If you condemn him, how will you justify your decision when you hold your mirror before the Creator? So, that is your dilemma, Danka Síluckt, the riddle I place at your feet. Answer it correctly, and you will atone for your offense against the Ancients and earn your skull."

"Yes, Babáckt Yaga."

Danka accompanied a Cult elder to the underground passageway, full of resentment that while the others were going to receive their skulls with no further effort, she was going to have to pass an extra and extremely difficult test of character. Later she would realize Babáckt Yaga had a very good reason to put her through the ordeal of deciding the mule-handler's fate. It was true the others were going to be initiated with no further tests, but they had been serving Babáckt Yaga for nearly a year and already had proven themselves. Danka had been with Babáckt Yaga a mere three months, so the alchemist was convinced an additional tasking was necessary to determine if the newcomer was ready to join with her companions. Babáckt Yaga was very impressed with Danka's ability to learn quickly, comprehend new concepts, and memorize everything from hymns to plant species to alchemy formulas. She was a gifted girl, so the Cult leader wanted to bring her into her closest circle of confidants as quickly as possible. However, she couldn't justify doing so unless the newcomer could prove she was capable of gathering enough information to make a difficult decision.

Carrying an oil lantern, the elder led Danka through several dark passageways to a small cell. He opened the door and ordered a very frightened young man to come out. Danka knew that before she talked to him, she needed to establish her superiority. With her rough lower-class accent, that might be a problem if the mule-handler was a guild-member. On a flash of inspiration she ordered him to strip. That should take care of it, thought Danka. Guild-member or not, if he's naked and I'm wearing my dress, I'm the one in control here.

Danka's idea worked. The man cowered in terror as soon as he finished undressing. Danka announced that she wanted to take him outside for a while to talk. The elder tied his hands behind his back and blindfolded him so that he would not know how to navigate the passageways. Upon exiting, Danka requested the elder to take off the blindfold and untie his hands. The initiate ordered her captive to kneel.

"You are not free. You need to understand that. You will do whatever I tell you. If you take a look at those woods, you will see they go on for a long way in every direction. We know the trails and you don't. So, you are no closer to escaping than when you were locked in that cell. Do you understand?"

"Yes Mistress."

"My title is 'Initiate'. I am an initiate of the Followers of the Ancients." Danka was thrilled at the thought of referring to herself with a title. She realized she actually had a title. She was an initiate of the Cult of the Ancients, and if she completed her current assignment, after the equinox her title would be "Follower of the Ancients". She'd no longer be a peasant or a laborer; she'd be a woman with a title and an assigned place in society.

"Yes, Initiate."

"That's better. Now, who are you?"

"My name is Tihomirikt...I'm from the borderlands south of Hórkustk Ris...but...I don't live there anymore. I had to leave..."

"Why?"

"Foreigners came up from the south...from the other side of the border...they drove everyone out of our town...killed my father...my uncle...and so we went north...my mother...my aunt...cousins...my younger brother...and we're staying outside Danúbikt Móskt."

"So, what brought you here? Why are you working for Austrian fortune-seekers?"

"When we camped outside the capitol, the Grand Duke's men gave us some food, but they told us we'd have to leave if we couldn't find work. They asked if any of us were guild members. My father was, and I was an apprentice...we belonged to the Horse-Trainers' Guild...but my father was dead...and I hadn't completed my final tasking to become a member...and all of the men who could vouch for me were killed, so the only proof I had was my word."

"Very well, you claim you have training as an apprentice with the Horse-Trainers' Guild, but you have no way to prove it. You did not answer my question. Why are you working for foreign fortune-hunters?"

"The guards told me that traders' caravans in Sebérnekt Ris were looking for horse handlers. So, I left my family and went north to see if that was true. It wasn't, but there were some people who wanted a worker to handle their pack-mules. I decided to take the position. I hated it. I dishonored the memory of my father and the Horse-Trainer's Guild by accepting a mule-handler's job, but I wanted to make sure my family didn't have to move again. So, the two guides from the Duchy, the ones who are working for the foreign fortune-hunters, hired me to lead their pack-mules and care for their horses."

Interesting story, thought Danka, assuming it's true. In just a few sentences Tihomirikt provided her with a lot of information that she would have to verify. She didn't know much about the situation along the Duchy's southern border, but she had heard rumors that many Danubians had fled their homes over the past year because of an invasion from a foreign monarch who called himself the Lord of the Red Moon.

She ordered Tihomirikt to stand up and follow her to the edge of the meadow. She glanced at a gully with a small stream that flowed into a rocky pool. She noted that her captive smelled as bad as his mules and his stench irritated her. She ordered him to bathe, while she watched. When he finished, she ordered him to kneel in front of her while he shivered and the water dripped off his body. She was totally fascinated by what she was doing. For the first time in her life she was giving orders to a man who was obeying her. There was no hint of resistance or resentment coming from Tihomirikt, because he understood that he was very likely to die unless he pleased his captors.

Danka's thoughts were in turmoil. She knew that she had to verify Tihomirikt's story, without knowing much about the Horse-Trainers' Guild and without having seen any of the places he had mentioned as part of his travels. She had no way of knowing whether he really had a family, or whether or not they were refugees living outside Danúbikt Móskt. She pondered how to question him, but realized that the best way to proceed would be to use his experiences to satisfy her own curiosity about the cities of western Danubia. She'd simply encourage him to talk about his life and give descriptions of all those new places. Then she'd make him talk about the Horse-Trainer's Guild and how they educated their apprentices. Finally, after she had gained his trust, she'd find out about the fortune-hunters and figure out how much he knew about their plans.

It turned out Tihomirikt badly needed someone to talk to. His life was ruined and his employers had insulted and mistreated him. He moved back and forth in his narrative, talking about his father and his lost town, talking about the fine horses he had trained with, talking about the fearful flight northward and refugee life in the capitol, and his fear of the unfamiliar mountains of northern Danubia. It turned out he was nothing more than a hired-hand of the fortune-hunters. He didn't know what they were seeking, nor did he really care. He just wanted the experience to be finished, to receive his pay, and return to his family. So...in Danka's mind, one question was answered. Tihomirikt would not make a suitable sacrifice on the Altar of Blood-nourishment. He would have to be released. Her dilemma now was to figure out how to ensure he did not pose a threat to the Followers after he was freed.

As she pondered how Tihomirikt should be released, she admired his body. She was curious to touch him. Since he was her prisoner and forced to do whatever she wanted, she knew she could satisfy her curiosity without fear of him forcing himself on her or rejecting her. She was in charge.

She ordered him to lie on his back on a flat rock, close his eyes, and extend his hands over his head. She traced his chest and thighs with her fingertips. He became erect immediately. Curious, she touched his penis and ran her fingers over his testicles.

"Have you ever been with a woman, Tihomirikt?"

"No, Initiate. I haven't."

"I'd imagine it's something you dream about, isn't it?"

"Yes, initiate."

"Life is full of strange dreams, Tihomirikt. If you knew me...you'd know that is true, in my life especially."

"Yes, Initiate."

Danka took off her apron and laid it over her captive's face. Then she took off her dress and tossed it aside. Finally, she returned to massaging his already-hard penis.

"You are dreaming now, Tihomirikt. You will not dare wake up until I give you permission. Do not move your hands and do not uncover your face. Remember, dreams can become reality and reality can become dreams."