The Halls of Academe Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So what are you afraid of, Glenn?"

His voice had changed. I looked up and saw that his eyes had, too. The heat was back in them.

"What do you mean?"

"You got burned. That was then, this is now. It's not going to happen again at Steelman. How long are you going to let the past keep you from being happy?"

"Easy for you to say." Now I was getting pissed. "You've never had a rough day in your life. Your talent. Your looks. It's been smooth sailing for you all the way. How do you know what it was like for me? What it's like now? You don't."

Drew stared at me, then gave a curt nod. "You're right, I don't."

"Besides, I'm your chair. How can I evaluate you objectively, if we're sleeping together? Or maybe that's what you want, to compromise my objectivity."

Drew stared. "Is that what you think of me--I'm trying to fuck my way to the top? Let me tell you something, Mr. Chairman." He leaned close to me and once again the force of his presence struck me like a blow. "I know what I feel for you. But if you can't see that, then fine. There's nothing I can do."

He turned away, picked up his underwear and started to dress. "Now, can you take me home?"

There wasn't anything else to say. We drove back to town, mostly in silence. When I dropped him off at his apartment, Drew didn't ask me to come in.

"Thanks for the afternoon. See you around," he said, then was gone.

I sat in my car, staring straight ahead. What I said had worked. Our relationship was going to stay on the level, and I wouldn't have to deal with a messy affair with a colleague. All well and good.

It didn't feel good, though. My heart was a lump of lead in my chest. I heaved a sigh, put the car in gear and drove slowly home.

TO BE CONTINUED...

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Backstage Romance Ch. 01 Stage manager catches leading man's eye.in Gay Male
Hope Among the Deserted War changes Will's life--can Lucas help him live again?in Gay Male
Not His Type All the ways to a happy ending.in Gay Male
Why Him? His tormenter becomes his stepbrother - and his lover.in Gay Male
Thaw In Winter Snow storms and hot love.in Gay Male
More Stories