The Hunter's Companions Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were just about to move forward when Kalendras placed a hand carefully on Belcarm's shoulder.

"You need to be healed," Kalendras said quietly, so the others wouldn't hear. Belarm shrugged him off and turned to face him.

"I will not waste a single minute here healing myself while they have Livinia," Belcarm growled, and Kalendras was quite taken aback by the venom in the Blood Elf's tone. Usually Belcarm was quite cocky and complacent, this strange decisiveness and anger was most unlike him.

"Chances are we'll have to fight. If you don't heal yourself you'll be worse than useless." Kalendras kept his tone even and gestured to Belcarm's hand, which he had roughly bandaged using strips torn off his tunic.

"I'd rather keep my spells for Liv," Belcarm said shortly, he turned away and Kalendras let out a deep breath.

Healing spells were as natural to Kalendras as breathing. The magic flowed out of him and the healing power overtook Belcarm's body. He could hear a soft sigh of relief from the Paladin's lips and see his entire body relax as the spell took hold of him. A split second after the magic finished its work Belcarm rounded on Kalendras, emerald eyes glinting dangerouly.

"Why are you wasting your spells on me?"

Kalendras 's eyebrows furrowed and he was perplexed by Belcarm's odd behavior. He should be thankful that he had healed him, not angry. Belcarm would not be able to fight properly as bruised and battered as he was.

"Like I said, you will be of no use to anyone if you were limping like you were. And your broken fingers?" Belcarm looked like he was about to argue but Kalendras raised his hand and cut him off. "Plus, Livinia will kill me if she knew I let you get around in so much pain. I do not want to deal with her wrath."

Belcarm glared at him for a moment, nostrils flared in anger, but he remained silent. Kalendras held his eyes and refused to be the first to look away. He couldn't decipher half of the emotions playing behind the Blood Elf's green orbs, but some of them made him want to back away. Whatever had happened the previous night was enough to inspire this unusual change in him, and without even knowing what had transpired, Kalendras found rage building in the depths of his stomach.

"Let's move!" Belcarm barked before turning on his heels and striding over to the prison door.

~*~

"I must confess, your insistence truly puzzles me," Mitrae Swiftspell said slowly, resting his elbows on his desk and steeping his fingers. He looked over his hands at his son. "I don't see why you don't just take her." His son's expression became tense and Mitrae had to stop himself from sighing with exasperation.

"Unlike some people, I find forcing myself on someone terribly tiresome." Rioden's response was curt, and that made Mitrae smile.

"Some people?" Mitrae asked with an amused smile, but the glare he gave his son dared him to continue with the thinly veiled accusation.

After a few tense moments, Rioden staunchly refusing to take his words back, Mitrae finally let out the sigh he had been holding back. When he had bargained for the Sunspeaker girl he had thought it would be an easy transaction. It all became terribly complicated when he had discovered her lovers. He had thought he had solved that problem, though, with the fabricated treason accusations and the threat against their lives. The one problem he did not foresee, or have any idea of how to solve, was his son's resistance to just take the damn bitch.

"What exactly is it that you want?" Mitrae asked. "And why can it not just be solved by ramming your cock into her?" Rioden blanched at the uncouth words.

"I-"

"Does it make you soft when she begs you to stop?"Mitrae asked plainly, his son turned a deep shade of red.

"No! I-" He stammered.

"Or is it that you might actually feel something for the wench?"

"No, it's just that-"

"You want her to want you?" Mitrae said, and his son nodded, colouring a deeper shade of red as he did so. His son would not meet his eyes and he was pleased that the boy felt enough shame to look away. Unfortunately, his entire plan rested on his son filling Sunspeaker with his heir, and he didn't want to get on his son's bad side. "You have your succubus for pleasure. Sunspeaker is merely to there to produce your heirs."

"She is stronger than we gave her credit for, Father. You were right when you called her a hell-cat."

"I don't see what the problem is Rioden. We have already laid the plans, now all we need to do is wait for this afternoon and you will both be married."

"But Father, I don't think she'll agree to marry me."

"Of course she will- if only to save the Paladin."

"Sharpsword will never give her up knowing that we have forced her."

"Then he'll be put on trial at midday and sentenced to death. We'll get rid of him and threaten to do the same with Totemrunner if she does not cooperate."

"If we hurt Sharpsword I don't think she'll cooperate anyway."

"Who cares what she wants?" Mitrae sighed. "I don't get what all the fuss is about Rioden. Once she has given you two children, a boy and a girl, if she still has not come around we will dispose of her as planned."

"I have an idea father, a way to get her to come around without threatening her or the others."

"Rioden, she will never love you. Stop thinking with your cock and start thinking with your head."

"Please listen..." Rioden begged. Mitrae rolled his eyes but allowed his son to speak anyway. He should at least pretend that he cared about what his son wanted.

Five minutes later Mitrae was truly shocked. He would never have thought his son could come up with such an ingenious plan. The most amazing part of it was that it would probably work. If it did work though, they would still have to dispose of Sharpsword and Totemrunner, but at least they could guarantee that the girl wouldn't try and escape them or resist their authority.

Mitrae looked at his son thoughtfully. If he was right, this might just be the key to breaking the girl. His Felguard had eagerly told him of their partial success before sunrise, and he had also heard from Rioden's Succubus that they managed to blackmail Livinia into cooperation by bringing Sharpsword into the equation. If she were led to believe that Sharpsword and Totemrunner were dead she would have less cause for resistance. It might just make things easier. Truth be told though, he didn't care whether she wanted his son or not. Though it clearly meant something to Rioden... Rolling his eyes he realised that Rioden must have gotten a little of his mother's soft side.

"What you ask for is very expensive."

"I know... But having her as a willing bride means that we no longer need to bribe the Official to forgo the ritual of consent. What we spend on potions and dust we will more than make up for by not having to pay a bribe." Rioden explained quickly, but as soon as money was brought into the equation Mitrae could see how it would be a worthwhile gamble.

"I have to give you credit son, it is a decent plan. Sharpsword's trial is in three hours. You have until then to prove to me that you can make this plan work and no longer. Do you understand?" Rioden nodded enthusiastically in reply.

Mitrae got to his feet and walked over to a large oak cabinet against his wall. He held his hand over the crystal handles and whispered the unlocking spell. When he opened it he drew out the items that his son would need, hoping that the guild would not need them any time soon. It would take time to replace them, and it would be difficult to justify their absence if they were missed.

"Thank you Father." Rioden took the items from him before bowing his head respectfully and fleeing from the room.

~*~

Belcarm walked through the streets of Silvermoon City with his eyes closed, concentrating carefully on reversing the steps he had memorized less than a day earlier. He had tried walking normally at first, but had found the sights of the city to be too distracting. So now he was walking blind, reassured that his Father and the Guardians, as well as the members of his guild were following him. The sounds of their feet echoed through the streets like war drums.

The other wonderful thing about walking with his eyes closed meant that it was much easier to avoid Kalendras's questions. He knew it was unfair of him, to hold back information about Livinia, but the last thing he wanted to do is tell the Tauren about what had happened to her.... And to him. It was hard enough for him to hold his anger and thoughts of revenge at bay, the only thing that allowed him to focus was the knowledge that he would find Livinia at the end of their trek.

"HALT!" His father commanded loudly, and the clanking footsteps slowly came to a halt. Belcarm stopped and opened his eyes impatiently, not pleased about the distraction.

"Caristra?" Kalendras said, puzzled, as the beautiful elf walked towards them with her ample hips swaying enticingly. Belcarm's hands balled into fists and repeated the remaining steps left in his head as she came to them. As she came closer he noticed a number of familiar items clutched against her body tightly.

"Hello gentlemen!" She said with a seductive grin.

"It's not every day that I get called a gentleman," Kalendras laughed, Belcarm had to bite his tongue and continue reciting their path to avoid making a snide remark on the matter.

"I came bearing gifts!" She announced, holding out an elaborate yet well used bow, quiver and a cloth bag that was bulging at the seams. "And good news," She added.

"Thank you." Kalendras said, taking the weapons and the bag almost reverently off the woman. "Liv will be pleased to have these, I'm sure."

"I suspected as much. Hopefully she can put them to good use," Caristra grumbled.

"And the news?" Aegon asked. Belcarm couldn't help but smile. His father was always one to get business out of the way before pleasure.

"Milent Goldentongue has been arrested, as has Mitrae Swiftspell."

Belcarm gritted his teeth. He had been hoping that they would come across the Swiftspells in their rescue attempt so the bastards could fall upon his sword. Something about her words irritated him though.

"What of Rioden?" Belcarm asked slowly, Livinia's Aunty frowned and shifted uncomfortably.

"The Guardians searched the Swiftspell estate and the Warlock's Guild and found no trace of him. Mitrae claims that he does not know of his son's whereabouts..." she trailed off, clearly indicating that she did not believe the claim. This, at least, was somewhat comforting to Belcarm. As long as Rioden was not in the possession of the Silvermoon City Guardians he would be free to sate his desire for revenge. Belcarm could have the joy of hunting down the bastard for himself.

"Very well." Aegon said with a curt nod. He had been hoping that both of the Swifspells would be out of the way for the rescue attempt, but it looked as though things weren't to go quite as planned.

"Alright Darlings, I must be off. I will be waiting at my Sister's house. You will be bringing Livinia home I imagine?"

Belcarm looked at Kalendras and the Tauren looked just as uncertain as he did. Belcarm had heard the story of the circumstances leading up to Livinia's capture, and highly doubted she would want to return home.

"That will be up to Livinia," Kalendras replied.

"Fair enough. If she does not want to return home you are free to take her to my home in Dalaran. Just ask the town guards there- they'll know where it is. I will tell my household staff to expect you."

"You won't be there?" Belcarm asked.

"No... I have some issues to discuss with my idiot sister. Farewell," Caristra said, she took a few steps away but stopped and turned her head, looking at Belcarm's father over her shoulder.

"Oh, Aegon? If you get a chance to stop by my place in Dalaran I would love to reward you personally for your role in my niece's rescue." Her voice was low and suggestive. Belcarm watched as his father's body stiffened and his eyes went wide.

"The only reward I need is to see Livinia safe and my son happy." Aegon's response was awkward and a sign of his discomfort around dangerously pretty women.

"What a pity." Caristra said then kissed her palm and waved at them, by way of goodbye, before turning and disappearing into the crowded streets.

"Rioden is not to be harmed," Aegon said once her nondescript cloak was lost in the crowd, not allowing anyone to comment on the clear attempt at seduction. "He is to be arrested and taken to the jail to await a trial."

Both Kalendras and Belcarm nodded their acceptance of this, but Belcarm only did so to placate his father. There would be no mercy for Rioden. Not from him.

~*~

This time when the door burst open Livinia watched Belcarm and Kalendras enter the room and stop in their tracks when they saw Rioden standing beside her. The change in their expression was immediate and their rage was plain to see. With his eyes widening in shock Rioden raised his hands in surrender and slowly backed himself into a corner.

"Mercy!" Rioden stammered, making Belcarm laugh derisively.

"What mercy have you shown Livinia?" Beclarm hissed dangerously, Rioden looked around the room for escape, but the only exit was being blocked by Kalendras. In three huge steps Kalendras crossed the room and after a five-second long scuffle, the Tauren had the weak Blood Elf in a choke hold.

While that happened Belcarm walked over to Livinia and tried to figure out the enchantment on her shackles. He let out a frustrated growl when nothing he said or did made them free her. In his impatience he was careful to avoid looking at her injured, exposed body. His face went crimson and he looked at her apologetically, before ripping of his cape and throwing it over her.

"Free her from these chains," Belcarm ordered, turning his attention to Rioden.

"Why should I?" Rioden snarled. Livinia's mind struggled to comprehend the strange scenario before her, trying to search the edges of her vision for the tell-tale signs of delusions that had been part of her last dream. However, the world remained crisp and clear, and she could detect Belcarm's masculine scent on the air as he stood so close to her.

"Because if you do I'll show you mercy." Belcarm's tone was even as he glared at the Warlock. Rioden considered it a few moments before hanging his head in resignation.

"Fine... hold your hands over the wrist shackles and say freazoric."

Belcarm's emerald green eyes met her and she managed a relieved smile, which he returned with a reassuring one, and she felt her heart flutter in hope. His hands settled on the metal of the shackled.

"Freazoric- AHHH!" AS soon as the word was out of his mouth, Livinia felt the sharp crackle of electricity buzz through the chains and cried out in pain just as Belcarm did. He was thrown back off the chains and against the opposite wall, his entire body convulsing uncontrollably.

To Livinia's dismay Rioden used the temporary distraction to squirm free of Kalendras's grip, and before the Tauren knew it, he was writhing on the ground and enduring the horrid effects of a curse of agony. The Warlock focused his attention expanded the spell, then continued to channel the curse into the two adventurers' body with a malignant grin on his face. A loud, ethereal wailing filled the chamber, and it wasn't until she was out of breath that Livinia realised that it was coming from her.

Livinia watched, transfixed with horror, as she saw the bright spark of life slowly seeping from Belcarm and Kalendras's eyes. She struggled as hard as she could against her bonds, but the unyielding metal bit into her skin painfully and the blood from the open wounds trickled down her arms, warm and sticky.

"NOOO!!!" Her cry was interrupted as the door to the room was flung open, Rioden entered the room followed by a host of Silvermoon City Guardians.

Livinia stopped screaming in her confusion and blinked. She shook her head but was shocked to see two Rioden Swifspells standing before her. The newcomer held out his hands and muttered a few angry words, the one channelling the spells into her lovers was thrown back against the wall and slowly his form began to morph and change in a way that made her stomach turn.

"Arrest him!" The newcomer said, pointing at his morphing mirror image.

"No! Help them!" She cried, looking desperately at Belcarm and Kalendras lying curled up on the floor, both impossibly still. The Guardians ignored her as they made to subdue the first Rioden. The newcomer Rioden walked over to the Kalendras and crouched down beside him, he placed two fingers on the Tauren's neck for a moment and then hung his head before moving onto Belcarm.

"HEAL THEM YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" Livinia cried, but her desperate directions fell on deaf ears as Rioden felt for Belcarm's pulse. "HEAL THEM!"

"I'm sorry."

The words fell strangely on her ears. They wouldn't settle in her mind, so unusual and unreal.

"They're beyond help."

With a heavy sick the Warlock walked over and freed her from the manacles. Her entire body collapsed onto the ground and the best she could do was crawl over Belcarm's body, as he was nearest to her. Her injured hands gripped his shoulder and shook him roughly.

"Bel! Wake up! Bel!" She whimpered, continuing to shake his lifeless form. Her entire body was racked with painful sobs as she tried desperate to suck in air. She crawled over to Kalendras and her fingers combed through his thick soft fur, the way that it felt against her skin was so familiar, and his scent was real. Her entire body went weak and she fell against his still chest.

"Kal! No!" She whimpered, burying her head into his still warm fur.

She didn't know how long passed, but when she looked up it was just in time to see the Guardians hauling out Mitrae, clothed in Rioden's robes, and the newcomer Rioden looking at her with a mix of pity and regret.

"GET OUT!" She cried, wishing that she could find the energy to rip his heart from his chest through her heaving breaths. "GET OUT!"

Before Rioden turned and left the room he muttered a spell, and Belcarm's body was gently floated to rest beside Kalendras's. The action was lost on Livinia though, she merely leant over Kal and felt for Belcarm's cold hand as she drowned in a sea of blackness.

~*~

"Livinia, there is someone here to see you." Livinia's mother said softly, Livinia ignored her as usual and buried herself deeper in her covers. Belcarm and Kalendras's funerals had been held the day before, but for all she knew it could have been two years ago. Time seemed to speed by yet crawl by in her state of grieving. The entire world was lost to her and she wanted nothing more than to will herself to stop breathing so that she could join her lovers.

There was the sound of hard heels on marble as several people made their way into the room.

"Livinia?" The voice felt like a knife in her heart and she howled, pulling her blanket over her head more firmly. "Livinia, I know I am the last person you want to speak to right now, but I couldn't wait any longer to let you know how truly sorry I am." She wanted to disappear at that moment, to stop herself from hearing his voice.

She had heard the story already, though it meant nothing to her. What mattered was that Kalendras and Belcarm were dead. It didn't matter who killed them anymore; only that they were gone for good. Even though she had been told the story more than once, Rioden insisted on telling it again in a calm tone she had never heard him use before.

He was sorry. He didn't know what was going on until it was too late. His father had used a potion to disguise himself as Rioden, and then abused Livinia in ways that made Rioden ill. When he found out he had gotten the Guardians immediately, but it was too late.