The Journey Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shit!" screamed Angela running towards the railing swinging again, desperately, were the junction of the cable met with and slid over the top rail. She almost collapsed in relief to hear the sharp twang of the cable collapsing, but simultaneously was jarred alert by the vibrations through her arms, and the need to avoid the clattering axe as it bounced out of her suddenly numb hands. A shriek of rage was heard from below, and suddenly the sound of running could be heard. In desperation Angela grabbed her gasping brother and hauled him to his feet, rushing as best she could to the doorway, though uncertain it would open. Relief flooded her as it opened and she was able to pull him through. Dawning horror slackened her face as she realized that if she could open the door, then so could the murderous bastard below. She pushed back through the door diving for the axe.

She blinked in surprise, but the urgency of the situation precluded much more than that. It was a woman. The creature running up the stairs was barely human, but definitely female in form. She was sleek as a missile, with metal curves out of a Heavy Metals readers morbid fantasies. Her fingernails were blades, and the frayed edges of the metal cable that had snagged Rabbit/Micheal were evident from a protrusion on her left arm. A similar protrusion could be seen on the other arm, which was swinging now towards her as she charged up the steps. Angela swore, keeping a close eye upon the metal diva as she scrambled back towards the doorway, axe in hand. Just as she pulled the door open and was about to flee through she felt the cold bite of metal on her ankle. She dove, just as the creature tried to yank, and heard the grunt of surprise as the bitch behind her was yanked forward a bare step. However, that simple step proved to be enough, as Micheal (or Rabbit) slammed the door shut behind her, just as the creature outside yanked hard, the metal cable biting into her ankle painfully even as it jarred her foot against the shut door.

:The axe, Micheal! The axe!" cried Angela, pain making her voice shrill, reaching it out to him, unable to stand. She almost cried out in horror as he raised it above his head. There was no room to slice the cable this time.

"No! Michael, block the door! The door!"

Her brother, if it was him, blinked and understood, jamming the axe in the door handle, then quickly moving to dig at the cable around her leg, seeking the end of it to unravel. To both of their amazement the cable seemed to move, wrapping tighter, the end of the cable shifting, sliding, as the friction on her ankle began to draw blood. Angela sobbed in pain as she dug frantically, unable to get loose.

"Fuck this!" swore Rabbit, hoarsely. The bitch wasn't even trying to get through the door, no doubt relishing the fear and pain she was causing.

Blocking the door had been a good plan, but they had not counted on cybernetically controlled cables. Fucking expensive, that was. No wonder the psycho was pissed. He yanked the axe from the handle and swung it hard at the wall, as close as he could to one of the several blinking red lights that flashed, leading would be escapees to this very door. A shower of sparks flew as he took aim again, this time with the pick like end of the axe, and the line of red lights flickered again. He smiled as it snagged on a thick wire running down the wall, and he yanked hard. The lights fizzled and faded as the snagged wire came free. Taking a deep breath, careful to avoid the end of the wire, to hold only to the rubber or plastic coating, he grabbed it and aimed it, with the jerky panic of a man holding a struggling cobra, towards Angela and her captor's metal cable, releasing it over the preoccupied pair, and quickly jumping back as a screech of pain emanated from both sides of the door.

Immediately, Rabbit grabbed handle of the axe firmly and snagged the wire, yanking it back towards the wall, before grabbing Angel, and pulling her quickly back. A quick check was made, to see if she was breathing, and determining that she was, he quickly slung her over his shoulder and ran. There was no telling how long that bitch Spider would be out, but he couldn't chance waiting around. He knew her, and forgiveness was not one of the girl's virtues. If she had only been following orders before, she was certainly out for blood now.

12