The Last of Their Kind Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

----------

Inuyasha couldn't know that Sesshomaru was having a much harder time with their physical dilemma than anyone could imagine. It was not the morality of the thing; he was not human, and didn't live by human ideals of right and wrong, especially towards sex. Even though he'd come to have feelings for his once unregardeed sibling, Sesshomaru was baffled all the way around by the whole situation. He understood nothing more than the pair of them were reacting to chemicals inside their blood; the rest confused and even frightened him. He was angry with himself for desiring his brother so much; he had caught himself thinking endlessly of the boys scent, the taste of his skin, the planes of his back as he writhed under him. He had not slept in days now, so distracted by this meeting and all its possible outcomes that he couldn't relax. He felt foolish and angry about it… and yet he didn't care at the same time. He wouldn't allow his exhaustion, mental and physical to show though, so not even the sharp eyed hanyou could see he was actually quite sleep deprived.

But now his body betrayed him. He tried to stay conscious, but he couldn't even voice a protest as he brother laid him on his side, nuzzling him and making a soft crooning sound that only furthered his final surrender to the waiting blackness…

----------

The wind was cold, and dusty; the light was bright but had no source. Below him was a patch of brightness; he pulled his lips back from his huge fangs and arched his massive body down to crush the bright figure below him. Triumph flooded his body; finally, at last, he'd be the last and greatest of his kind. Then he felt it; tugging, and a strange numb pain racing up his left foreleg. Almost before he could roll his huge eyes to catch the darting form he'd intended to crush, he saw a flash of white and felt something… wrong. Another tugging and then blinding pain as he fell, vision blurry as shock immediately set in. Instantly he was rolling back on three feet, the smell of his own blood stinging his nose as it poured like a waterfall from the stump of his leg. He saw the severed limb, now a slender humanoid arm lying upon his own father's bones and the shock was replaced by rage as he glared at the figure in red again. He would kill the whelp and retrieve his limb in short order; this was merely an excuse to make Inuyasha's death more painful. He lunged to attack again only to be driven back with a fierce swipe of the very sword he'd come here to obtain, which slashed his chest open with a clean and shallow cut. He couldn't stop his body as it went into an instinctive protective mode, forcing him from the scene of the greatest humiliation he'd ever suffered…

The blackness descended again, but he still felt something wrong with his left arm… but that was not possible. He didn't have a left arm. He moaned softly, confused and trying to wake. A burning and tugging, a too holy fly familiar sensation surged through the stump of his left arm, and he snarled, swiping with his claws instinctively at a shadowed figure hunched over him as he sat up, eyes wide and glowing crimson…

----------

Inuyasha grabbed his belly as he knelt next to his brother's body, and gagged as blood rose from his slashed stomach, spilling down his lips as Sesshomaru snarled and glared with huge red eyes, obviously not coherent. The hanyou lifted his own claws and deflected his next strike to his belly, but at the expense of having his left arm laid open to the bone. He couldn't even yell to get the enraged youkai to notice his plight, because he couldn't get any air into his lungs; they were filling with blood as well. Luckily the scent of his blood slammed into his brother's brain, and alerted him to wake.

Sesshomaru blinked and then stared in utter confusion as his eyes focused in time to watch as Inuyasha vomited a thick stream of blood, holding his belly closed with bleeding arms. What the hell had just happened? He reached to hold the boy up and then stared, chills creeping over him. He froze, eyes fixed not on the hanyou, but on his left arm, which was somehow reattached. He lifted his blood stained hands, and bent all ten fingers slowly; yes, they were responding, albeit sluggishly. His eyes moved to Inuyasha, who was looking at him from the corners of his eyes despite how badly hurt he was, a tiny gleam of smug triumph showing in their golden depths even in his agony.

The youkai pulled the wounded hanyou to him, gently wiping the blood from his chin. "I am at a complete loss little brother. I don't know how you did this thing; but I do know you deserved better than what I've just done to you in my sleep-filled ignorance." he grabbed his fur and wound it around the shivering Inuyasha, hiding his worry that he had hurt the boy too badly for him to recover this time.

"I didn't expect… you to attack the instant… the instant the arm touched you. I had to hold your shoulder and the… the arm, and I couldn't fend you off." he coughed and Sesshomaru again hid his alarm as more blood bubbled down his chin. "You just slashed; even before… the damn thing was set properly; then it turned on me too," Inuyasha voice was a hoarse whisper as he panted; he didn't feel so good. He was breathing is short gasps, shaking as he descended into shock. Sesshomaru shook his head and laid him back on the ground.

"Do not move. I need Tenseiga." he stated, his expression and voice cold as ice. He walked briskly to his discarded swords and pulled the blade free. He stared at it and sent it a silent request for assistance; then he turned and eyed the form of his brother for a moment. The hanyou was watching him, eyes dull and skin pale from blood loss and disappointment over his brother's cold behavior. His belly was gaping open in six places; for some reason he wasn't healing at all. Sesshomaru himself would have stopped bleeding so badly by now at the very least. The youkai sensed the boy's sigh of resignation and felt cold.

"Inuyasha… you aren't… leaving, are you?" Sesshomaru suddenly asked, his voice soft and eloquent of rejection and even pain. Inuyasha's eyes moved to his but he couldn't reply. Sesshomaru licked his lips then straightened his back to its normal stiff posture. "You cannot leave this world; you cannot leave me, Inuyasha; I won't have it." he said and lifted Tenseiga, preparing to try and preempt its normal use as a reviver of the dead, and heal his ailing sibling instead. However he felt the blade tremble and then groan in his hand. Inuyasha's eyes widened and his lips quivered as if he wanted to speak. Sesshomaru felt he normal pulse that Tenseiga usually gave off when it desired to be used; but this time it rattled the youkai's arm like an earthquake. He spared a glance at the blade and then curved it around before him, his eyes mirroring the amazement in his dying brother's gaze.

Instead of a slender kitana, he held a huge fang, a perfect match to its brother blade Tessaiga. He smelled his father in the fluffy fur around the pommel and felt his presence in the gleaming demonic ivory of the gigantic blade. He looked at his fading brother and smiled widely before he swung the sword in a high arch then down across his body, its path paralleling the angle of the wounds that split the boys belly.

Inuyasha's back arched as a sensation of freezing cold hit the gashes. He lifted his hands as a golden light enveloped him in warmth, even as his body was wracked with all the pain he'd have endured over the entire time it would have taken to heal completely. He writhed and whimpered, biting his lips to hold in a scream, claws curling and eyed squeezing shut. He felt a thud next to him as Sesshomaru's knees hit the ground, Tenseiga dropped from his grip, and then arms wound around him, a hand stroking his hair and his ears soothingly. The hanyou looked up at last and stared evenly into his brother's eyes. They stared at each other for a while until Inuyasha lowered his gaze to inspect the reattached left arm.

"Does it work right? Did it hurt you?" he asked, touching the skin and finding it cold, and a little stiff. Sesshomaru curled his fingers and winced as they creaked like an old tree in a high wind. Inuyasha frowned; something was wrong with it, impossible as it seemed, and he sagged in defeat. "I suppose it was foolish of me to even try…" he was startled as Sesshomaru growled and lifted his chin sharply, forcing Inuyasha to look at him, despite how hard it was for both of them to for him to be so openly emotional.

"You are no fool in my eyes, Inuyasha. You can have no idea what this gesture means to me. I do not know what spurred me to attack you, but I will admit I was…" His eyes showed how he'd felt, though he couldn't say the words. "I am sorry you were injured. Still I am curious; how did you get it back, and why didn't you just bring it to me in the first place?" he asked to try and deflect the emotion that was trying to squeeze his chest.

"I was worried that you'd pull a "too proud to take my arm back" act, and it was sorta supposed to be a surprise." Inuyasha said with a shrug. He couldn't look up; he didn't want his brother's keen eyes to see his face. He knew it was probably foolish, his reason for making the youkai whole; and it wasn't because of Sesshomaru's vanity. He feared his sibling would see his crushing need to be accepted by him. He didn't even want him as a lover, well he did when they were this close; he wanted Sesshomaru to care about him, to care for him. He rubbed his now whole belly and grimaced; he should have known better, that's all there was too it. He should have waited until this tryst was over, and dropped it at his brother's feet and fled. Sesshomaru would have been so busy dealing with shock and reattaching the thing he'd have gotten clean away.

Sesshomaru stared into space as he pondered the boy's words and weighed them against his actions. He felt that something was missing, that Inuyasha was not lying but was holding back something; but was he withholding from fear or embarrassment? The youkai knew he was unapproachable, but he was not one to care very much for others needs. He had nothing he ever intended to give anyone; if someone needed what was his, they had better it seek elsewhere. What was Sesshomaru's, Sesshomaru kept… he felt Inuyasha tensing in his loose embrace and focused on the bowed head so close to his face. He nuzzled Inuyasha's temple and sighed.

"I can understand why you had such reservations, little brother." he said softly, the hanyou's scent and warm skin drawing his mind from the troubling thoughts. His fur was still wrapped around Inuyasha's slender shoulders, and wound around one leg, but his ass and thighs were bare against Sesshomaru's legs and belly. The youkai lifted his left arm, which felt somewhat numb, as if he'd slept upon it a full night, and ran it up the boys leg, eyes closing as he concentrated. He couldn't feel the fine white hairs he knew lightly furred the hanyou's leg, but he could detect the silken fine skin react to his touch. He smiled, eyes still closed as he let his hand drift higher, over the knee and up his thigh, curving to the inside…

Inuyasha's eyes snapped to the wandering hand, cold on his skin but warmer than before. He watched it slide higher and higher, and felt Sesshomaru's breath in his ear. The usual lassitude, the hazy lack of focus and inability to do anything other than try and please his brother was gone for some reason, but hovered at the edge of his mind. He knew it would return soon, and didn't bother to worry about why it was currently so weak. He hesitated a moment and then dropped his own hand over the one on his thigh. "Sesshomaru, I'm covered in blood; the ground stinks of it…" he said softly. He just knew the youkai was going to snap at him, the moment was ruined for certain; but the blood was his own and it was making him sick and scared to smell it. He squeezed his eyes shut, bracing for the eruption of temper he was sure was coming…

"Gomen, little brother. It is rather heavy right here." His eyes snapped open as the Lord of the Western Lands stood with him in his arms and padded to the pool close-by, ignoring the fur as he stepped into its cool depths and then stood Inuyasha on his own feet. The hanyou stared with confused eyes as Sesshomaru pulled the fur away and then gently rubbed one end of it over his skin, using it to scrub the dried blood away. His hands followed the fur, smoothing over his skin as he watched his progress with intense focus. The boy bit his lip; Sesshomaru was acting so strange, and he had been since they'd first spoken today. This… concern for him, this kindness was so not like him even in the reaction of their proximity; Inuyasha was now fearing that the damn arm was fake, possibly planted by Naraku in case someone gave the thing back to Sesshomaru… What a clever way to gain control over the youkai at last.

"Do you… are you feeling okay, Sesshomaru? Hasn't the arm warmed up yet?" He asked hesitantly, not sure he should voice his fears. The youkai lifted a brow and shook his head.

"It is warming, and feeling less like wood and more like flesh every moment, and I am fine. I just haven't slept in a few days." he said then bent his head to scrub a stubborn spot of blood, hiding his face from his shocked brothers eyes. They stood in silence as Inuyasha rubbed the blood from his face and neck, the water around them dark and ominous from all of it washing from his skin. He stared down at Sesshomaru's head as he inspected his flat stomach for scars, and traced his spread fingers over the skin lightly in an imitation of the slashes he'd made earlier, raising goosbumps on Inuyasha's skin. The hanyou rested his hand in the sleek silver locks and caressed his scalp; the shock of being near eviscerated was wearing off and the usual soft wash of sheer pleasure in his brother's presence was reasserting itself, forcing the worry and doubt about his sibling's behavior to wash away with the blood smearing his body.

Sesshomaru about purred under his touch and stood facing him, his left hand diving into his hair and tangling in the white strands. He still wore the obi, and Inuyasha felt the silk sliding between his legs, pulled by the gentle current that had already washed the blood away. It was soft and tickled him intimately, making him shiver a little. His hand still massaged Sesshomaru's scalp as the youkai wound his cold fingers over the back of his neck. He obligingly moved closer, lifting his head and closing his eyes as he was pulled flush against the warm flesh before him, a hand sliding over his hips and around behind him to cup his ass and press his hips against Sesshomaru's silk-clad ones. He let his free hand drop slowly down his brother's side, liking the textures of his skin, clear and striped. Their bodies molded together comfortably, even though the obi's ornate tie kept them from totally touching.

They rested close together until at the same moment they headed for shore, and untangled their hair and arms, wringing themselves dry. Sesshomaru went and gathered his clothes and nodded to Inuyasha to do the same then padded a short way to a different tree, where he hung the silks and the damp fur from some branches. As Inuyasha followed his lead Sesshomaru lifted his arm and peered at the point where the avulsion had happened. He was pleased to see that there was only a small hairline scar; even youkai eyes wouldn't see it after a few weeks of adjustment. He dragged his nails across the still too pale skin and nodded; sensation was increasing and the blood was flowing stronger. Despite not decaying, the arm truly was dead; the delay in the renewal of the arm was probably due to the fact that his body was trying to completely replace the dead flesh and he was exhausted, slowing the tedious process more. He made a fist and winced; he could feel the protests in the new muscles and ligaments, but he was just gratified he felt anything at all.

Inuyasha watched the inspection and the soft smile he was certain Sesshomaru wasn't aware he was making. He felt the glow of success that had taken him when he'd found the cold stiff limb in their fathers tomb wash over him again. Since he hadn't died after all, he even forgave and forgot the near disemboweling he'd received as a thank you for bringing it back. Slowly he slid up behind Sesshomaru and wound his arms around his waist, one hand rising to tease his nipples while the other found his member under the wet obi. Sesshomaru rested a hand over the hand on his chest, the other reaching back to pinch his ass.

"I'm here little brother. It is still a shock, as I am sure you can understand." He said and turned his head to look down over his shoulder at the curious golden eyes peering up at him. Inuyasha waited a moment then slid around in front of him and looked up earnestly. Sesshomaru didn't understand what the boy's eyes were asking of him, and he didn't really want to talk anymore. He rested a finger to the boy's the then leaned down and nibbled an ear as he pulled him close again. Their inhuman constitutions had already shaken off the cold water's effects and both were warm once more as they nestled together, Inuyasha quivering at the sensations Sesshomaru's lips on his ear caused. His hands slid up his brothers arms as Sesshomaru pulled him closer, one hand worming between them to find his softly stirring shaft. Inuyasha bit his lip as he felt fingers wind around him, stroking with gentle instance that he harden, now.

"I think you've earned something Inuyasha… don't let it go to your empty little head though, ne?" Sesshomaru chuckled into the soft furry ear, his hand deftly sliding down the responding length, then pulling back up and repeating the process. Inuyasha make a small huffing noise, so Sesshomaru pressed his shoulders with his other arm until they were on their knees. He trailed his lips down the hanyou's cheek, licking where his youkai stripes would appear when he transformed, then pressed his cheek to Inuyasha's, moving his head aside so he could drag his fangs down the column of ivory skin and muscle, finding the fluttering pulse point and resting his fangs upon it. His hand squeezed Inuyasha's member as he licked then sucked the skin hard. The hanyou gasped then moaned as that cold left hand swept up his back and then back down caressingly, his brother's fangs digging into his skin as he suckled heat to the surface. He licked his lips and clung to Sesshomaru's hip and upper arm, whimpering in confusion and a little pain from the hickey.

Sesshomaru could taste a hint of blood coming right through the skin from his suckling, and smirked against the boy's neck. "You're so damn delicate, little brother. Why does that make me want to hurt you in ways that you'll never regret?" His soft laugh would normally have made Inuyasha see red, but now he could only growl softly himself.

"You're an ass, Sesshomaru…" his eyes widened as Sesshomaru pulled back until his mouthful of flesh popped free of his lips wetly, and then nipped the boy's jaw. His hand came to the end of Inuyasha's now firm shaft, his thumb rubbing a circle on the head, distracting the hanyou from the flare of anger he'd felt at his brothers words. The reluctant moan he uttered made Sesshomaru shiver; he moved to kiss his brothers parted lips, tongue teasing along the hanyou's. Inuyasha's hips squirmed closer to his body, hands tugging on his shoulders. The youkai purred against his open mouth.

"You are always so impatient!" Inuyasha sucked his tongue and grabbed at his own member, but he pulled away completely. "No, I'm not ready yet, boy." Inuyasha panted and watched as he slid down, pushing him back to his elbows at the same time, until he smirked at the thick erection that begged for his attentions. He licked up the side then swirled his tongue over the smooth head, hands firmly holding Inuyasha's hips still. He teased the first few inches incessantly, refusing to take him deeper, and holding him from thrusting in himself. As he worked the whimpering begging hanyou, he was also about drooling on him, saliva coating the shaft so it gleamed in the moonlight.