The Masquerade Ch. 06

Story Info
A confrontation and its aftermath.
7.1k words
4.67
8.7k
3

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/28/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is, obviously, a continuation of The Masquerade story. If you haven't, please read the previous chapters to get to know the characters. This one is not a stroke story, sorry if you were looking for that. This story is not as near it's end as I thought it would be, and I hope you are liking the story as much as I like writing it. Have fun and enjoy.

Eskimo_Kiss xxoo

**************************

As the man neared his walk become almost predatory. Alex couldn't see his eyes, but knew them to be hazel. Her unwanted suitor from the Masquerade. She cursed under her breath and started walking like she was going back to her car. She saw him speed forward and he grabbed her arm.

Alex grabbed his wrist, turned into him, bring his arm over her shoulder and pulling down, his elbow locked over her shoulder. She spun quickly and pushed him away from her, her hand under his arm. He stumbled from her for only a step before getting his balance again. He rubbed his elbow, glaring at her.

"What the hell do you want." Alex growled out, walking backwards towards the doors, and standing under the lights. The lights also happened to be near the security camera. The green man - green Masquerade outfit, green truck - stalked after her.

"You. Obviously." The man said the words with a growl. "Why the hell did you dump me for that loser."

"Are you serious?" Alex asked incredulously. Why the hell would he care that much? There had been plenty of women at the Masquerade. "How did you find me?"

"I saw you running yesterday morning. I just knew it was you." The man looked smug, like it was such a great thing for him to figure out who she was without the mask. Creepy bastard.

"And you followed me? Did I not make myself clear at the Masquerade. I avoided you all night long!" Alex threw her hands up in the air. She took a step back as he took a step closer. "Don't you dare touch me."

"You weren't avoiding me, you were just playing hard to get." The man looked down his nose at Alex. Alex's irish temper, which she rarely let out, was starting to perk.

"Excuse me?! I'm sorry, but you and I don't mesh and you need to get that through your thick skull right now!" Alex felt her face start to flush. She could feel the adrenalin coursing through her body. Alex's usual choice between fight or flight was fight. She would not flee, especially from a thrice damned petrified piece of dinosaur dung.

"You don't even know me. Of course we'll mesh." The man stepped forward quickly, grabbing her hands and trying to kiss her. Alex brought her arms up hard and quickly into an X in front of her body, breaking his grip, then sliding her hand between his arms she put her hands on his solar plexus and PUSHED. He stumbled backwards a few feet.

"What the HELL is going on here?" A man in a red shirt and black pants with a store ID badge came out of the doors. He looked at Alex and asked, "Are you alright, miss?"

"Yes, but getting very angry. He's grabbed me a couple of times and tried to kiss me. I don't even know who the hell he is!" Alex said. The man in green started coming towards them both, his eyes lit with rage and his face set in a stony mask. Alex took a step back, almost at the same time as the manager.

The manager then pointed up at the security camera. "I've already called the police. This is all on camera." The man stopped and glowered at them both.

"This isn't over, sweetheart." He said, his eyes dark.

"It better be, creepy bastard. If I see your truck anywhere near my neighborhood, I'll call the police again." The man looked at her and smiled darkly before turning and striding purposely for his truck.

Alex watched him go get in his truck. The manager put his hand on her shoulder and was talking to her. She didn't hear him. She watched the green truck until it was out of sight. She looked up at the manager, smiled weakly, and then sat quickly on the ground.

The manager knelt at her side, looking more relieved that she was acting like he thought she should. "I'm sorry, sir, I have no idea what you were saying."

"It's okay, miss. Here, I'll help you up and we can go into the store. I'll take you to the office and we can wait for the police." The man stood and held out a hand, she took it and pulled herself to her feet. Her arms were shaking. She had only ever been in one true fight, and that was five years ago. Come to think of it, she was this shaky afterwards then too.

"You actually called the police?" Alex asked in a small voice as they walked into the doors. She saw the cashier, who looked at her with her eyebrows raised. Alex smiled weakly and the girl gave her a thumbs up.

"Of course. I saw when he grabbed you when you were walking. I didn't know you didn't know him, but anyone who looks like him and grabs a woman the way he did deserves the police being called on him." Alex looked up at him, finally taking in his looks. He was middle age, slightly balding and a small belly hanging over his belt. He had glasses. He looked a bit like he was a prudish, anal manager. But, so far, he had been nice. He had kept ahold of her arm, like he was supporting her. She gently loosed herself from his grip. He looked over at her and she smiled weakly at him.

"Thank you. I saw he was following me. His truck has been seen around my neighborhood lately too. I think I have a stalker." Alex was ushered into the manager's office and she took a seat.

"That's awful miss. Well, the police should be here any minute. I assume you want to give a report?" He said, pushing papers around his desk and then sitting on the other side.

"Absolutely. What if he were to do that to someone who couldn't protect herself?" The manager nodded at her then got up and patted her on her shoulder as he walked past.

"You can sit right there and recover. I'll go wait at the entrance for the police and bring them back when they get here." The man, whose name she read as Bob, walked out of the door.

Alex sat against the back of the slightly uncomfortable chair. She closed her eyes and shook herself a little bit. She knew she could protect herself. Knowing she could protect herself and having to do it were two different things. Alex felt the adrenalin start to slow down. She took herself through some breathing techniques, feeling herself calm.

She startled when she heard her cell phone in her pocket go off. She scrambled for the phone and answered it without looking.

"H-hello?" She asked breathily.

"Alexandria?" Mark's smooth tone asked. Alex felt his voice wrap around her and comfort her a little more.

"Oh, Mark. I'm so glad you called." She said, her mind starting to calm.

"It is nine, honey." He said.

"Already? Listen Mark. Something's come up and I'm going to busy for awhile. I really want to talk to you later, but it would take too long to explain now. Can I call you in an hour or so?" Alex talked quickly, almost without breath.

"Of course. Are you okay?" He asked, his voice slightly worried at her tone.

"I am now. And don't worry about me, I really am okay. It's been an eventful night. I'll call you in a bit, okay?" Alex said, breathing this time, but still talking much faster than usual.

"Okay. But call me tonight honey. You don't sound quite like yourself. If you need anything, you just ask." Mark said.

"Thanks. I'll call tonight. But I've got to go."

"Okay. Talk to you later."

"Talk to you later." Alex replied, hanging up the phone. She looked out the door the manager had left open and as she didn't see anyone walking towards the office she dialed Brian's number.

"Hello?" Brian answered.

"Brian? Oh god Brian, I have news. Don't freak out though, I'm okay." Alex said.

"What happened? What do you mean don't freak out?" Brian asked, his voice immediately getting worried.

"I was - well, I guess stalked today, and he tried to grab me and a bit more." Alex shook slightly, not quite able to suppress the pictures in her mind of the incidence.

"Oh my god, Alex, where are you, I'm coming right now!" Brian asked. She could here him call Chris.

"I'm okay, Brian really! I'm at the grocery store on 40th. I'm okay. The police are coming for a statement and report. But, can you and Chris spend the night? I don't really want to be alone." Alex said. She heard Brian tell Chris it was me and he'd tell him in a minute.

"Of course sweetie. We'll head to the grocery store, if you leave before we get there, give us a call and we'll meet you at the house." She could hear Chris yelling something about pants in the background and she giggled.

"Well, at least you're laughing. We'll be there soon honey." Brain said, hanging up.

Alex put her cell phone away and started the breathing exercises again. A few minutes later she heard voices approaching the door. She stood quickly, turning to see the manager, Bob, and two police officers. The first officer was an older woman with lines around her face and mouth, her eyebrows pinched and her grey streaked brown hair pulled severely back. The second officer was a baby faced young man, with broad shoulders, brown eyes and a dark blond crew cut.

The manager followed them into his office. "Here is the young woman. I'll get those security tapes for you." He looked at the police somewhat nervously and walked back out of the office. The older police officer looked at the younger and nodded her head at the manager. He nodded and turned and walked back out.

"I'm Officer Rold, and you are, miss?" Her voice was stern, but held an almost musical quality to it.

"I'm Alex. Alexandria Oliver." Alex shook the officer's hand.

"Do you have ID, Alex?" The officer asked, getting out her notepad.

"Oh! I do, but it is in my car. Should I go get it?" Alex asked, starting to take a step to the door.

"Not yet, I'll walk out with you later and get it. Why don't you have a seat and take me through what happened." The officer settled her feet wider and looked at Alex expectantly.

Alex looked at the uncomfortable chair and back at the officer and said in a small voice. "Do you mind if I stand, it's not exactly comfortable. It has lumps." She saw a small smile on the officer's lips before the officer responded.

"That's fine, miss. Take me through what happened."

Alex told her everything that happened, from the moment in the parking lot, and explaining she had looked at the license plate, as there was a green truck that had been cruising around their neighborhood the last few days.

"So, you did know him, then? The manager said you didn't." The officer asked, her eyes narrowed a bit.

"I don't know him. I went to the Masquerade near campus this weekend. And he had talked to me for a few minutes, but I moved away and avoided him the rest of the night. He was not my type. I met someone else. He brought that up, saying I had 'dumped him for a loser'." Alex's eyes narrowed slightly in anger. "I'm sorry, I don't actually know his name. Just the license plate on that truck."

"Well, we'll get his likeness from the security tapes. So you protected yourself?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'm a karate instructor. When he grabbed me, I took his arm over my shoulder and then pushed him away the first time. The second time I broke his grip and pushed him away again." Alex looked up at the officer and shifted her weight foot to foot somewhat nervously.

"Okay. The security tapes will show him grabbing you first?" The officer asked.

"Yes ma'am. I'm pretty sure the manager saw everything also. But I was keeping my eyes on the man. You never know how much training a person has and I wanted to make sure he didn't hurt me." Alex felt her energy start to wane. "I'm sorry ma'am, I think I had better sit for minute."

"That's fine. Just a few more questions." The officer said.

The officer had her go through more details, and Alex remembered the sound of the revving truck engine when she was getting inside her home and brought that up, also saying that it may not have been him as she wasn't paying attention to the truck at the time. After a few more minutes, the manager and the younger officer came back in, the younger officer with a CD in hand. He looked at Alex and smiled at her. She tentatively smiled back.

The officers conferenced for a moment under their breath. Then Officer Rold returned her gaze to Alex. "Ms. Oliver, it looks like the security tapes show what happened, all of it. Are you pressing charges? I will tell you, the manager already said that since it is on their security cameras they will be pressing charges."

Alex thought for a moment. "I'm really not sure, I think so, but can I think about it?" Alex asked.

"Yes, but it should be within the next few days." The officer replied. "Let's go get your ID and then you can be on your way."

"Thank you." Alex replied. As they walked out of the office, the younger officer stepped in line with her.

"Are you going to need help getting home, miss?" He asked. Officer Rold looked over her shoulder at him with a raised brow and he shrugged back at her.

"I think I'll be okay. I've called my best friend, and he's on his way. He'll either meet me here, or meet me at home." Alex said, with a small smile.

"Alright then." They continued walking in silence. When they got to the car, Alex pulled her wallet out of the glove compartment and handed the license to Officer Rold. As Officer Rold wrote the number down, a car pulled behind Alex's and stopped. The younger officer looked at the car, his hand on his nightstick.

A tall man, at least six-four, unfolded out of the car. He had red curly hair that didn't seem able to be tamed, even though it was short. He had a trimmed red goatee, and you could see a tribal tattoo peaking out under his t-shirt. Alex rushed into Brian's arms. He shut the door and Chris drove away. He held her for a moment, then let her go, kissing the top of her head. "I'm here, sweetie."

"Thank goodness. Where's Chris going?" She asked as they walked back over to the officers.

"He's headed to your house. He'll have the lights and tea on by the time we get home." Alex smiled a brilliant smile at Brian before getting her license back from Officer Rold.

"We'll call you if we need anything else, Ms. Oliver." Officer Rold said. "As I said, the manager says the store will probably press charges. If it does, then we'll probably need you to come in once or twice. And if you decide to press charges, let us know." Officer Rold shook Alex's hand firmly and then started striding away.

Brian got into Alex's driver seat, pushing the seat back so he would fit. The younger officer, Officer Brown on his badge, opened Alex's door for her. "Remember, if you need anything, you just give us," the officer paused, "the police, a call." He smiled at her as Alex got in her seat. He shut her door for her and walked off after his partner.

"Cute." Brian said.

"Shut up." Alex replied.

"So what happened?" Brian asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Oh god, can you wait until both you and Chris are in the same room? I don't want to go over it so many times." Alex thought a moment, "Hey Bri, I'm gonna call John and ask him for the morning off. I'm guessing I'm not going to get to sleep any time soon."

"Go ahead, I'll get us home." Brian said, squeezing her thigh comfortingly.

Alex called John, her head leaned against the head rest. "About time you called. I need details girl!" Louise's voice answered.

"Oh god, Louise, I completely forgot. Listen, I'll tell you everything, I promise, but not tonight. Can I talk to John?" Alex said.

"What do you mean you'll tell me later?" Louise said. "I need gossip!"

"Louise, really not now. I had the worst night in almost ever. Please, let me talk to John." Alex said, her voice weak.

"Alex, are you alright? You're okay, aren't you?" Louise asked.

"I'm okay. But I need to talk to John." Alex said wearily.

"Okay, but I'll need details tomorrow, honey. If you need anything you call anytime, you got that?" Louise's voice went to mother voice.

"Okay." Alex replied

"Alex?" John asked.

"Hey John. I'm really sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to go into work in the morning." Alex started.

"What's wrong? You okay? You worried Louise." He said.

"Tell her I'm sorry. Listen, I'm fine, I'm not hurt or anything, but," Alex paused, trying to find the words. "Well, I guess I have a stalker, and he kind of assaulted me."

"What?!" John yelled.

"I'm fine! I'm fine, John!" Alex interrupted him. "I'll give you details later. I'm not hurt, I'm a little shaky, but everything is fine. It happened at the grocery store. I'll stop by work tomorrow sometime, but I just don't think I'm gonna get a whole lot of sleep."

"That's fine. Seriously, don't worry about it. I want every little detail about everything, you hear me, Alex?" John said. "And don't think this gets you out of telling me about Mark, but that can wait."

Alex groaned, and heard John chuckle a little. "You're a rat bastard sometimes John."

"Nope, I'm a prince." He paused. "You sure you're okay, kid?"

"When are you going to stop calling me kid?" She asked.

"You're okay." He said. "And probably never. Seriously, don't worry about coming in if you don't want to. Just give me and Louise a call. You need anything?"

"Nah, Brian's driving me home and Chris already headed to the house. They're staying with me tonight." Alex said, flashing a small smile at Brian.

"Good, you tell them to spoil you rotten and take care of you." John said.

Alex smiled, "Yes, boss."

"That's right!" John said. "Night Alex, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Night John. Thanks." Alex said, hanging up. She looked at the clock and cursed. It was after ten. She looked up as Brian pulled into her small driveway. She looked up and down the street. She recognized all the cars.

"Come on, sweetie. Let's get you into comfy clothes, some tea into you and cuddle on the couch." Brian said as they walked to the house, his arm slung around her shoulders.

"I need a shower first Bri. And I should make a phone call." She sighed, resting her head on his shoulder for a moment before opening her door. They entered the house and Alex saw every light in the house was on and she heard the teapot whistling. Chris poked his blond head into the hallway.

"Good, you're home. I've checked every nook and cranny and there isn't even a dust bunny hiding anywhere. The water's hot. Peppermint or chamomile?" Alex rushed to Chris and kissed his cheek. He was barely taller than her, stocky and fit, with a matching tattoo to Brian's around his right bicep.

"You're a godsend, and chamomile please." Chris patted Alex's cheek and went about her kitchen like it was his own. Considering how often they were over, it really was like his own.

"I've got to make a phone call, I might be a little bit, okay?" Alex said, as she starting walking towards her bedroom.

"Hey," Brian said, "We need details before we explode!"

"Don't explode in the next twenty minutes." Alex said over her shoulder. She looked into her room, checked her walk in closet and then sat on the bed with an explosive sigh. She stared into space for a moment, then shook herself.

She found Mark's number and called it.

"Alexandria?" Mark's voice asked, the worry still there.

Alex fell back into the bed. "Hi, Mark. I'm so sorry it took so long."

"You okay? You want to talk about it?" Mark asked.

"God. I'm not sure I do. I'm not sure I don't." Alex said, her mind whirling with memories again.

"You're okay, right?" He asked, the worry still present.

"Yeah, just a little shaken up. Listen, I do want to tell you, but it's a lot for someone you just met a couple days ago. I don't want to put all this on you." She said.

"That bad?" He asked. "Well, how about this. You tell me, and if it's too much, I'll let you know."

12