All Comments on 'The Middle Case'

by cloacas

Sort by:
  • 647 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hmmm

Writing was top notch.

The story though, well, if he was willing to forgive then the punishment of divorce hurt him just as much,

6 months and 32 times is a whole ton of forgiveness.

And that guy was never a friend but a real enemy.

He needed mega revenge on him.

NoBullAlNoBullAlover 7 years ago
Not a bad story but...

The whole story is going the right way until... yeah, well if he wanted to take her back... not a bad premise but she didn't pay nearly enough for the second chance and the "friend" didn't get anywhere near enough payment either.

So he's hurting! So what? Put your big boy shorts on and get yourself a brand new girlfriend to help you through the rough spots. If/when he takes her back how long before 'it just sorta happens again' and this time she has learned a whole bunch of lessons on how not to get caught. Seems like he doesn't know that "ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Extraordinarily Irritating

Would have been an interesting story if one didn't have to wade through the biggest load of unnecessary mumbo jumbo crap!!!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
This MIGHT have worked as a story if he'd REALLY treated her like a new gal he met...

When he got the call, he should have returned it with a "Yes, I received a call from this number....?"

He should have "squeezed her into his schedule".... He definitely should have started dating other women... After all, she's SUPPOSED to be winning him back... Telling me on their first date they immediately went into kissing...?

And he definitely shouldn't have given her MORE of a chance than he did other women.... After all, he already knows she's a cheater - wouldn't he have normally had to think twice about getting involved with one...?

And so what if he loses her...? If she's unwilling to put up with the shit he effectively dished out as a result, too fucking bad - clearly she wasn't interested enough.

And I'm wondering how she ended up with the friend to begin with.... She said she couldn't be involved in someone who didn't kiss at least as well as her ex... So how'd the friend and her get involved...? How did they get from friend to sex without passing through the finding out he kissed real well first...? Doesn't seem real "it just happened" - sounds more like "worked on it."

robnilrobnilover 7 years ago
doesn't make sense

I don't understand how he could take his wife back. yes he knew his friend longer but he cut him out of his life but is giving his ex a second chance. they are both guilty of betraying him and they should both be gone from his life. I don't see how you can forgive one and not the other. they both should be history.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I have to agree with most.

5 months of cheating with your best friend. She was just as guilty as he was and she took a vow of fidelity. No, Sorry, that's a bridge too far. I would have told her at the meeting at her parents house that I burned the wedding album.

It was well written but I just couldn't go for the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
NO FRIGGIN WAY!

Divorce is just that, NO SECOND CHANCES, NO SECOND BITE OF THE APPLE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I call bullshit

She cheated for five months with his best friend, she'll cheat again at the first opportunity

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Bullshit

2* for readability but this story wasn't finished.

5 months...

You never dealt with it at all.

I love having to earn him back. She should have to compete with other women. That includes sex of course.

Otherwise empty story.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
And you have the gall to criticize Vulcez?

For shame. Vulcez was an excellent writer. Your writings seem mindless, dismal and empty. I'm saying this as a reader, I couldn't write shit so don't go there.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 7 years ago
The reason this story is unfinished

Is because the only possibility is that he is using her to dump her again, or she is going to cheat again.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Unbelievably Stupid

Your solution is so far outside the bounds of reality that its hard to decide whether to swear at your ending or laugh hysterically at you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It was a good story until he called Tom, then the story turned to crap. He should have divorced her and not let her back into his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Seems

Seems more like the BS case to me.

The punishment is spend time and money a divorce and replay it like Ground Hog Day. She was a bigger back stabber than his ex-best friend, yet that dude got totally dismissed forever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
3 stories in 1

5 for the first one, 5 for the second, -0- for the third.A65E Great left jab to set them up, super right cross when he dropped the hammer, but he took it on the chin with the reconciliation.

IcanziiravorIcanziiravorabout 7 years ago
Good story

I hope there is a part 2. The story feels unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No fucking way.

Why would you bother ? Hurt me once shame on you. Hurt me twice shame on me . People think they know what love is. That don't have a clue. You might be able to forgive but you'll never forget.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
One more thought

You blew a golden opportunity to dis the bitch. It was right there and it didn't even occur to you. At the dinner table you made Tom pick up the tab and you told him he could have the leftovers . When you got up to leave you could have waited to see if the wife got up to go with you. If she did you could have asked her where she thought she was going? You're the biggest leftover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
that was just dumb

the ending fucked it up completely.

why divorce if you already decided to take her back? just to donate some money to the lawyers? but most of all: why take her back at all?

raac crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not bad but....

Oshaw's stories have better plots such as Fortune and his dialog is cleaner! Maybe some day you may reach his level of story telling. There was really no plot to this story just the cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Could have been some much more.

Author must have been trying for a minimalist approach as to the relationship and to focus on his feelings BUT it would have been nice to know what happened to allow the wife to cheat like she did. Went from a 5 to a 3 or 4 because the story was not finished.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well written but ridiculous RAAC garbage

Loved how you wrote the husband at first - sadly you turned him into a grade a pussy. He calls his "best friend" and tells him off and that is it? He divorces his wife who CHEATED ON HIM WITH HIS BEST FRIEND just to give her another chance?

Shit like this angers me - you are a very good writer but this was cuck bullshit of the highest order

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
AAAAAAAAAHHRRRRR ANY SWEETER I'D GET DIABETIES

Hi there! Question? Does this happen in real life? As I see it once a cheater always a cheater!

BUUULLSHEIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT YOU HAD HIM MANGO MUNCH HER CUM FUCKED CUNT

DIRTY FILTHY BASTARD AAAAAAAHHRRRR ! Enough YUK !

Love you all! GREG.

OH 50 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

Joke; little alter boy catches the Priest drinking a bottle of Home made liquor

the curious boy asks whats that Father and and quickly answered Holy Water

Oh says the boy why is it holy ? The Priest casually says Because it's full of Spirit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
after i mentally rape you and shit on your life

The author being a twit writes . She smiled as her eyes twinkled. "This," she said, "is going to be so much fun."

things you should not say .... yeah you gotta be a fucking twit to write that dialog

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Liked it

... Felt like it could have been spun out a bit more at the end all seemed a bit rushed you could have developed the characters a bit more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Why

Do you women write these crap stories, where the woman shit on her husband then he opens the door and let's her do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
SHIT

Fucking lousy shit. Just awful. Gag a maggot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
well written

But finished with empty feeling of ''That's it????''

Ending had wife making jokes and him taking blame.

Author should have visited pain on benedict arnold friend

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
A yarn is a yarn

and if they were all the same they could just close this site. And I dam* sure don't have any stories of mine to say you should do it that way. I enjoyed the story. I thought it was funny in paragraph 10 when he wondered if it was a woman. I suppose he quickly figured out she wouldn't have needed a condom if that were the case. Clearly everything might be running through your mind at that moment.

Having said all that, I don't think I could reconcile with her. It wasn't one time. It was many times with forethought and planning. If there were kids, you could make an argument but without kids, why bother when there are so many other options?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not for me

Sorry but she didn't do anything to make it right. Even at the end he's doing all the heavy lifting. It would have been a bit better for the story, if he had divorced and she had tried to win him back after the divorce. But when he told her his intentions at her father's home basically you killed the story. Any reconciliation where the wife didn't earn the right to be firgiven is a waste of time. You never quite explained why she cheated, what she felt for tom, etc etc.. Lame story to be honest

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
A Cheater is a Cheater

You can't change them anymore then a leopard can changer their spots. The fact that he's giving her another chance, a year after the divorce, tells us that he's somewhat okay with what she did. He's more-or-less telling her and everyone they know that he'll put up with her cheating, as-long-as she doesn't get caught in public.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hate it

I hate this fucking story, I can't stand cheaters!!! No revenge at all in this story fuck this

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
you write well

But the content of this story was unfulfilling and puzzling.

Why call the supposed friend for info...I would have talked to his wife...certainly found out about balancing the scales

with her.

Wife would have had to work very hard, been exclusive while he played field

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
cuckowimp

nothing but a cuckowimp

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
✔ 🙈📉☈🎲

A light hearted story of infidelity.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Second read & comment after a couple of years.

Again, I think this would could be expanded into a much more extensive story. Especially, but not limited to, the time period after.

"You can have the leftover." Great line!

One additional comment. If the last sentence of this story were the ex husband thinking "You have no idea." With that he retains the power and control he has exhibited throughout the story.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
P.S. The title was te key...

to appreciating the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
sorry but it's crap

take that pig back nfw

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
I Liked It

One could argue that the divorce wiped the slate clean. Not only are they financially independent of each other but emotionally also. Plus I don't think it will be "fun". She's under a microscope knowing he doesn't have to be exclusive, is likely to be more demanding of her behavior and can walk away without remorse. She on the other hand will likely be exclusive since she doesn't want to give him excuses to end the relationship.

A story about the wooing of an ex husband would be an interesting read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bull

I guess Tom kiss just as good, she will cheat again.Run from her as fast as you can. She hasn't learn her lessen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A TRUE PIECE OF SHIT....

That's what this story is. Why was our husband so harsh with Peg? She wasn't fucking his wife. These protestations that the cheating slut loves her husband is just the most bullshit I can imagine. You don't do that to someone you love so she's lying. When she says she wants another chance, she means another chance to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Piece of shit story

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Plenty of (non-cheating) fish in the sea

Find a better woman and forget this one.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
good

give the job to to the one who needs it most; get a prenup signed before getting serious; once bitten twice shy; the second time, if it happens, will be far less shocking. He wants her, she wants him; that has to count for something; both stoke each other's ego and guilt and set each other up knowingly. There's no honor, but peace prevails at the end and some closure. What about the humiliation in the public space, if she has done the dirty knowing there will be people or friends who knew all along that she cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

absurd cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Funny

Funny that the wife has the condoms and why in the car and not in her purse and funny she would keep a list of all the times and places.why not just remember the date of the next meeting.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

It takes a special kind of courage to write cheating wife stories on Lit. Well constructed stories like this get scavanged because of where they fall in the BTB-RAAC spectrum. This was a delightful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Delightful tale? Good?

Which cunts have been dropped on their fucking heads to enjoy reading this? He actually gave the cunt a second chance after she FUCKED HIS BEST FRIEND for FIVE FUCKING MONTHS!! Which cucks are fapping along to this bollocks? Where does RAAC end? Are we going to have a story where the wife fucks his entire set of male friends and relatives, an to castrate and kill him, then have them reconcile when he wakes up from a decade-long coma? Get the fuck over this whole ‘RAAC’ bullshit, you bunch of caged, celibate cunts in gimp costumes and dildoes stuck up their asses

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why

Why take it out on Peg,she was the innocent party as much as him?

CheshireladCheshireladover 6 years ago
Trust

Every female needs to justify her adultery, but you didn't mention that Sherry had any complaints about her marriage. No resentment, anger or lack of respect. How on earth would her husband be able to trust her with no valid reason for cheating?

She did it with no apparent guilt or conscience, or plans to end the affair.

Thumbs down to reconciliation.

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
@anon 1/5/18

He didn't do anything to Peg. Nothing happened to her. All he did was let her know her husband was cheating on her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pretty good tale, but...

There was never any indication that the wife was unhappy, had changed her behavior, or gave hubby any clue she wasn't with him 100%. Invisible adultery seems unlikely and makes for a bland story. Not a very smart women, either, leaving a condom and her list of infidelities where hubby could find them...and he did. The reveal at dinner was cute but not too realistic. Who could do that? Wifey and BF were consummate actors to pull that off, at least until the reveal, and hubby had nerves of steel. Plus, it was unfair to BF's wife to do it in a public place. Finally, ex-wifey and ex-hubby would have to rehash the whole damn thing while courting again...not conducive to "new" romance. Starting from scratch? No, ignoring past realities, and they could have done that in marriage counseling. So, an interesting read but too hurried in places and too detached from any reasonable reality. 4* for word-smithing. Thanks for writing and sharing it.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Damn! One hell of a tale.

So pain and suffering for the husband. I'm amazed he didn't kill his best friend for being such a piece of shit. Would never seen them getting back together. He must have really lived the shit out of her. Brilliant story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rubbish !

Talk about a garbage story. I gave it a 3 because it was pretty well written.

BUT, the meat of the story was sorely lacking.

I can say this as I'm speaking from personal experience.

After 2 years of dating and 32 years of marriage my ex informed me that she was in love with my best friend and she wanted a divorce so they could be together. But my asshole ex-best friend hadn't had the balls to tell his wife, so I did. I felt sorry for his wife, who was/had been my wife's best friend. Unfortunately I wasn't able to give out the "good news" in a public place but after talking to his wife on the phone the shit hit the fan !!! My soon-to-be ex-wife tried to jump on my shit about telling his wife but I just laughed at her and made some comment about him not doing it. That just made my ex even madder at me. She never did/would tell me "Why" nor "How long" but I've learned to live with that.

One good thing did come out of the situation, after a lot of taking he decided to stay with his wife. So my ex threw me away and her replacement for me left her for his wife !!! :-) So my 65 year old ex has to work and has no one to love and no one that loves her. (When the universe pays you back that payback is Really a BITCH !!!!!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WTF don’t they see? It’s a damn fine story.

I really like this well thought out and tightly written story. Good plot, good revenge and a happy ending. If all the stories on Lit were this good then I would read nothing else.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Very good

Really enjoyed this story. Retribution for the cheating, but good path to reconciliation

Tom didn't pay enough for his part in the affair, and Peg did nothing wrong at all. Nit picking aside, one of the better stories on LW.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
Even though I sorta get where he's coming from...

The wife's betrayal is just as bad, if not worst, then the best friend's.

So cutting out Tom from his life? Makes completely sense.

But giving a genuinely chance to Sherry to win him back? Boy is it bizarre to me.

Best friends are certainly expected to have your back... but not as much as the ones that choose, in front of God and family, to be your life partners.

What Tom did was bad and unforgivable... but what Sherry did is undeniably way more egregious.

I mean, fuck - those two planed this out. Sherry had a goddamn notebook to keep track of her affair... how to fuck can anyone ever trust such a bitch?

Obviously, MC wanted to find a justifiable way to keep the possibility to end up with the woman he loved viable. The divorce was a nice first step... but something tells me he never truly took full advantage of his single status, making the point of the separation - that Sherry could genuinely lose him - pretty much worthless.

It's really all sad, all around, 'cause, given who she betrayed him with, there's absolutely no reason to think that Sherry wouldn't do it again... and be way smarter about it, next time around.

Hopefully, he still wouldn't be remarried to her, the next time she cuckolds him.

Still, I appreciate the open ending - makes it look like those two (or is it four?) idiots actually have a chance, even though it is highly unlikely. Gotta give it a 4*, then - my dying, but still kicking romantic side wouldn't allowed me to go any lower.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 6 years ago
What

Cuts friend out. Takes wife back. Which one took vows with him again? Which one now can do it again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice succinct way to boil down every trope

Only one missing, was fucking Pam. Still, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really

Every thing he said about how this affected him is true.

Yet he takes her back??

No way. No fucking way. History.

Ut here's a little actual physical pain for you and my ex bext friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Garbage

Pure garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Butterface

You know the joke about "butterface"? She's really hot butterface.

This was a really good story buttheend.

4*

LoejtcLoejtcabout 6 years ago
The Ending Missed The Mark.

Liked the story, it's original and refreshing. Talented writer, that's for sure. Good character development, strong emotional dialog and descriptions. All good points.

To make this potential remarriage work is serious business. Being a "good" kisser is just trite. Where is the adult dialog between two very damaged people. Where are the rules of engagement? Must they be exclusive? Who has to ask for a date, him or her?

Are there benchmarks to determine progress? How long will it take to build trust, if that's even possible.

But the lighthearted ending just deflated the whole build up. The attitude displayed by both participants makes the closing scene appear as a frivolous event. The reader is left with the feeling that remarriage is a foregone conclusion. If that's the case why did he bother to force the divorce? Because of the let down at the end I could not justify a 5.

I would really enjoy a gifted writer taking on the challenge of writing a story about their struggle to rebuild the love and trust required to commit to marriage again. How it ends, happiness or heartache is inconsequential the process would be the entertainment.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
X

There is a reason they are called an "X"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No.

1) You gave us just half of the story. She cheated he divorced. So far you wrote the basic pattern of 90% of the LW stories. The only orignal part was the second when she had to work hard to get him back and you... didn't write it!

2) She was supposed to make him fall in love with him again. He called, At the date it felt that she was still entitled. She didn't even gave him an apology or anything. She even asked "How do I make you trust me?" What the heck was doing all thse months? Was she planning a way to get her husband back or looking for a new lover? She doesnt look eager enough. She doesnt have a plan. So little for someone who claims to lve her husband. The reality is that she doesn't. Otherwise she wouldnt have cheated. After this first dat I would have dropped her. She isnt trying hard enough.

As you wrote it, it just another story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Why

Why would she need to write down the dates ,as they were always arranged at short notice?

amyyumamyyumabout 6 years ago
I read this before, and I might have commented before -- I can't remember

Regardless, this is original, well written, and some might even say plausible, although that is not a requirement in my mind to give a story a 5*, which iw what this one was worth to me.

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
Let's See

1. She loved him and she cheated on him. So it wasn't like he had something to correct or feel he kind of pushed her towards it. He wasn't ignoring her, taking her for granted, being a bum, etc.

2. She was able to sit right across from her lover and never show a sign that she was cheating with him. So she is able to be completely comfortable with lying and deceiving.

3. She was calculating with the cheating. Planning out the dates, etc. So it wasn't spur of the moment lust, but she was able to make cold decisions when her juices were not running.

4. She cheated with his best friend. She had to know how this would not only destroy his longest relationship, but also destroy his sense of manhood and self. He would not doubt only his woman, but also his other relationships. Talk about trust issues.

So if your wife could do all of those things, cheat on you when things are really good in your relationship, do it so well to not give you a hint, do it when her brain was working and not in the moment of lust and not care how she would destroy you as a person (even though she supposedly loved you) then how the fuck do you get back with her? I'm not against reconciliation, but in this case if she will cheat when things are good, how will she act 10 years from now when he is less attentive, less lustfilled, more distracted with life or work.

trandall9991trandall9991about 6 years ago
Just curioous

Why no follow up? Wouldn't you think it would be nice to write the follow up? I mean shes given a second chance and all she has to do is make him fall in love with her again. But how does he trust her? However, this is a plausible story just needs finished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
An entertaining and inventive take on the cheating wife theme.

This is a superbly written, entertaining and inventive take on the frequently hackneyed cheating wife theme.

I know that all the misogynists and 'real men' will be apoplectic that our betrayed husband doesn't require his cheating wife to skinned alive before his poor little todger can ever hope to rise again - but I must confess that the thought of all that impotent rage in the face of intelligent fiction makes the story even more enjoyable.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Read my lips:

PRENUP!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dont

People having affairs do not make a list of time and places.

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
story flowed...

I was shocked that Hubs invited Wifey to go with him when leaving the restaurant meeting and then so loved his putting her ass out at her parents' home! Also some good lines when dinner's on Dave and Dave gets the "leftovers."

Dave told Hubs that he and Wifey had been flirting and first had sex in Hubs and Wifey's home. She fucked her man's best friend, she'll fuck anybody. Why would Hubs think that she won't cheat again? Is he setting her up with this win-me-again mess?

This can't be how the story ends: Wifey has no voice, Peg has no voice, Dave is done, Hubs is revealing nothing! The story's been around for more than a decade, and the writing carried me along smoothly until the bumpy ending. I keep looking, but to no avail -- am I missing a sequel out there somewhere?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What

What was the point in divorcing her if he as going to take her back.Why not delete for a few months and avoid lawyers fees.

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
@anon

The point is a fresh start.

I would think there's some solid psychological benefits to drawing a line under a marriage, saying that it's over and you're moving on, which is going to include finding the next love of your life... and you're willing to give your ex-wife a chance to be that.

For one thing, the gap in time gives a chance for emotions to cool and the wife to get help. It also gives the husband the opportunity to get laid and build back up his self-esteem (we're never told either way if that happened on his vacation) without it being revenge sex to hurt his wife. For that matter, it gives both parties a chance to reflect on whether they really *do* want to get back together, as opposed to reflexively holding on to a marriage because of the sunk costs.

I would think the big thing is that it transforms the situation from "Can we hang on to the scraps of love we had, and try to rebuild our old relationship (which, let's face it, wasn't that solid if you could cheat on me)?" to "Can I build a new relationship with this person who has a past I may or may not be able to get over?"

Also makes it easier to do a prenup if you remarry (postnups are nowhere near as likely to be upheld as a prenup), and it makes legal matters a lot easier if things don't work out: The divorce is going to go pretty smoothly because the wife still has hope of getting back together, and if that doesn't work out, you can just walk away. Contrast it with the situation where they get counseling, try to work things out, it fails and *then* you file for divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Read my lips

In a few months the cuck and his best friend will have a threeway with his "new" girlfriend. Wanna bet? What a crock of shit story. Written by a true little wimp.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 5 years ago
don't need to read lips

@anony - you are talking about you. not everyone. you go around thinking everyone thinks like you do. big mistake easily provable by asking whether you would cheat (answer has to be no else you're a hypocrite) yet many people do cheat, some swing, etc. hence not everyone is the same as you.

This was a reasonable middle ground between RAAC and BTB which I assume was deliberate (due to the title which was applicable in a number of ways). :)

I thought this a creditable effort.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Second read

I still like this story a lot. Would have liked to see Tom get damaged a good bit. At the very least, some dental work. Peg was innocent of any complicity. The divorce was the wake up call Sherry needed, maybe. She fell way too easily to Tom, and then made detailed plans for her cheating. This time through, I'm not too sure about her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderfully written story, but...

This was a wonderfully written story, but two things made no sense to me.

First, what kind of cheater keeps a written record of their cheating?

Second, the protagonist was harder on his best friend than his wife. If any thing, shouldn't it be the other way around? Who was the bigger betrayer? To me, it was his wife. She's the one who vowed before God and man to be true to him, yet she gets another chance? It hurt the story for me. --JRZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The Anon of 09/30/18

Got it spot fucking ON! Cuck-a-doodle-doo indeed! 1* to this fucking cuckfest

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How come..

He never asked them why. He got no answers. He was way too easy on her. 2*thanx.

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is certainly....

one of the most under rated stories on this site.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago

So he takes her BACK?

What was the whole POINT?

VenustasVenustasover 5 years ago
Winning Tactics

The no name protagonist has put himself well and truly in the driving seat. He has spelt out that she is starting from scratch and has to win him. No way has he already taken her back. Winning sounds like a competition which would require other competitors. He has already demonstrated that he is out and about keeping his diary full so it is reasonable to assume, seeing other women as no doubt he was doing when they first met. The wimps amongst you who say he is wrong are looking at it from his ex-wife's POV, no doubt based on their own narrow losers mind set.

My guess is that he has knowingly set her an impossible task and she is in for a lot of pain making it a BTB story.

He could be just playing with her. By suggesting it at the same time as saying he was divorcing her probably got him a much better divorce settlement and by selling up splitting their assets got all the legal stuff out of the way.

The story ended with them on their first post divorce date. So lets imagine the end of that date:

Sherry: When will I next see you?

Himself: Lets see today is Thursday. I have early Friday evening free up to 9pm next week and then I'm totally free Tuesday evening the following week. Do either of those dates work for you?

!!!!!!!!!!

It's all a matter of perspective.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
"Am I suppose to say I'm sorry?"

That one line really bothers me. Wouldn't she be saying it because she wanted it to be known regardless of what he wanted her to say?

I do like the story. I understand the start over reboot concept. I think it's brilliant!

Tiger27Tiger27over 5 years ago
What?

I'm not seeing a repentant Sherry. The last line of the story was the clincher for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Holly shit, why ?

Where the hell did that come from destroying the unit , so now ever associate that he and his friend new threw out the rest of his life will know that he was being chokehold , try living with that, festering situation / and he muff dived after she fuck his bud ? is he gay ??? The mental disorder of liberalism.... frustrated looser.!.. Great girl friend material, and breeding stock 'how does he face his and her parents...If my son did that I would disown him, and never let her back in my house.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What

What a pile of shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amusing

So if she cheats again will he repeat the same process 🤔

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
There is no middle case

The author has created the stereotypical cuck/wimp husband. There should have been no second chances - he's young, no children, and she's a cheating cunt. Moreover, there's nothing that looks like true repentance. The story is perfect for Timriv.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 5 years ago
I Just Re-read This Story...

and to me, this is the only possible chance of reconciliation. If a spouse betrays, the only hope is to rebuild from scratch. Kudos for being one of the few writers to figure this out.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
I like the originality a lot!

It makes a lot of sense. You end what's broken and see if you can try again. No fixing. No carrying forward. You end what was broken and you start new. I like it.

Good and very original story.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 5 years ago
Among the better stories in LW.

The knuckle-draggers bluster, but this is mad talent. Full marks. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a cuck kissing and licking her after she fucks another.

On the same day she has sex with his best friend he's going to kiss her after she probably had a cock in her mouth and then lick her after having a cock in her. He is a cuckold. Just the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
seems right to me

I like the total break - cause after all do you really want to start over or find new better common ground with someone you loved?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Didn't convince me to suspend my disbelief

This betrayal was an 8 or 9 on a scale of ten. Not a 10 because the affair wasn't over a period of years and she didn't have him raise her lover's kid. But this is really, really terrible stuff. She didn't love him. She has no concept of what love is. She may have feelings for him. She may be so incredibly immature that she might confuse those feelings with love. She has some very serious psych issues.

The lack of any plausible reason is the weakest part of the story. "It just happened....We couldn't stop." Since we all know that such an excuse is complete and utter BS, his acceptance of it just defies belief.

For me to believe that this reconciliation is remotely plausible, he would need lots of answers. She would need some serious, heavy duty counseling and he would need to believe she was genuinely remorseful, more mature and had a serious understanding of what love is. Even then, it would only likely happen with a lot of marital counseling and some serious help for himself individually to deal with the pain and anger.

The story has an interesting hook -- divorce as a pre-condition for reconciliation. Good one. But the story is really weak on everything else when all we get for the why of the cheating is "it just happened." Of course, that's pretty much all we get for the reconciliation. Apparently, it also just happened.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Those who hate whimp stories

Why the fuck do you read them?

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Betrayal at it worse.

Wife and best friend. I enjoyed the story but can't really see them together again. The heart wants what the heart wants, so he must really love her enough to take her back. It would have been better for him to leave his options open. Date other women and such. And the ex-best friend? Light him up and piss on his ashes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
it almost made sense

but if he estimates his friendship with tom was over, what chance did his ex wife have?

by his own logic, his ex wife did MORE to hurt him. love between spouses is technically supposed to be deeper than childhood friends. I say that, but even I believe that male friendships are deeper. my best male friend from childhood WOULD take a bullet for me. I doubt my g/f of 10 years would. I do think a woman's love is more shallow unless it's her love for her child. But in an ideal version of romance and not hard biology, in principle the wife cut him deeper.

by his own logic, again, tom probably loves his friend like the ex wife loved her ex husband. i suppose him not beating the ever loving stuffing outta tom was his version of forgiveness. i liked this story, a lot. but i didn't see any revenge. i didn't see any redemption. just a shitty pair of people, and two very forgiving spouses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Doesn't make sense

There is not enough character development to make it plausible. And, doesn't the author realize that her "if he couldn't kiss at least as well" comment throws Tom in his face again? Maybe Tom kissed better...As it stands, it's just a RAAC with the standard weak, cuck husband character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous