The Mirror Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And now, James was no more able than Howie Leadbetter had been, to defy the mirror's ... unnatural imperative.

Howie Leadbetter: who'd sat in his attic, in his flimsy fishing-chair, for hour after hour ... in the dark.

James pushed all of these jumbled thoughts aside ... And made his no-turning-back decision.

He went to the back of his Internet-capable 46-inch flat-screen TV, and pulled the plug on it: Pulled out its leads and cables from the wall sockets.

And then he pushed the large TV, on its castor-wheeled stand, over to the right-hand side wall of his living room, where it would be out of the way.

Even now, James still had a choice.

He could get a sheet, or a blanket, or a couple of bath towels, even, and cover up the mirror's 'screen'. Or just simply turn it around, facing the wall, so that he would be unable to see its 'picture'.

And just leave it there. Just leave it there until he gave it to Debbie's mum, Doris, for her upcoming birthday, in about two weeks' time.

But ... something, wouldn't let him.

And so James went right ahead ... and crossed the Rubicon.

Very carefully, and with the mirror still slotted into its two-foot tall, plinth-like stand, he dragged it across his living room carpet. He positioned the mirror, exactly where his prized-possession TV had been ... giving the mirror "pride of place".

It was 10:25 p.m. when James sat down in his most comfortable chair ... in front of the mirror.

And once again, the mirror -- or, the mistress of the mirror -- didn't keep James waiting, for long.

James had just finished his coffee, when he suddenly discerned a soft, eerie glow. A glowing white light, emanating from all around the mirror's edges, where it fitted into its ornately carved, hardwood frame.

And the glowing white light began to glow brighter, and whiter, until it glowed impossibly white -- yet it didn't dazzle James.

Slowly, the eerie white light began to lose some of its intensity ... and started to pulse.

And now James confirmed -- set the seal -- on his no-turning-back decision.

Quickly; without even taking just the few seconds it would take to untie them, he pulled off his trainers. Then he took off his trousers, and removed his boxer shorts.

Now, there was nothing to get in the way: He was unrestricted, unrestrained, unencumbered, unhampered -- liberated.

Nothing in the way, to impede his ... movements.

Now, he was just exactly how the mistress of the mirror wanted him.

And now, there was just one last thing to do.

James got up from his most comfortable chair, and turned the light off.

Yes ...

It was better, in the dark.

The Mirror continues, in chapter 4.