All Comments on 'The Muse'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 164 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh my goodness

I had just worked a 36 hour straight run and was so tired that I couldn't finish the story. However, I got up at 4.15 am to finish it and was not disappointed.

I really enjoyed it, good writing, lovely phrasing, love, wine, secrets, a happy ending & no pain loving bitches [except for Stacy & Betty who don't really count]. More please !

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Always done with style.

Sir, your works of art are brilliant!

Unlike some authors on this site, you do not repeat themes endlessly and your works are all the better for it.

It is a huge shame that this site will never see anymore fresh material from you.

Love your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done!

Thoroughly enjoyable!

SaulofTarsisSaulofTarsisover 5 years ago
Great story

Great story and thoroughly enjoyable characters. Would not mind reading more of them in the future (as long as happy endings continue).

Virgo6Virgo6over 5 years ago
Wishing for more from you

Your stories are nothing short of awesome . The humor with inter dialogue sets you apart . Just fabulous story telling . Thank you!!!

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 5 years ago
just fucking WOW!

not just a favorite story but my absolute favourite sorry on this site to date. So beautiful, so subtle. I can only hope that once day you will return to us and share your new musings with us. Please do. Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A time waster...

I'm late for work since I just sat here and read this from start to finish.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story

I loved it, particularly the humor in it. “I could smell the gossip brewing from where I stood “. God, what a great line. Five stars, and it deserves ten.

paulyepspaulyepsover 4 years ago

What a great story ... I used to think I came to this site for the heat but soon realized it was for the love .. I guess I’m just a hopeless romantic.. I wished this story never ended ..you are a very talented writer .. thank you !

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckerabout 4 years ago
Steady Ascention

This is the third of your stories I have read, and they just keep getting better! As a writer who uses a pen name to maintain anonymity, I can say with absolute certainty that you hit the bullseye describing both Richard's anxiety and the calming power of a loved one. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Placed In The Top Three

So many good Stories, but for me I have added it to my Top Three of your stories.

Again I will say if could easily be a Hallmark movie.

Hope you read our comments.

Patch

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I really think this story is preposterous. No one is going to see a person and think oh man that's Sookie Stackhouse. That's Mercy Thompson. That's fucking Harry Potter.

The entire premise is dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Chill Starsong...

Yes, it *can* happen.

Heck, JK Rowling stumbled across Harry Potter at a reading in Ireland...right down to the scar.

The only reason Mr. Radcliffe received the role was the boy was not the slightest bit interested in acting.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 3 years ago

What did I think of this story? 'God's flower' comes to mind.

You have a very special talent. I've experienced in several of your stories, and all I can say is thank you! Thank you for sharing with us.

You allow us to feel the love, the passion, the pain, and so much more.

Be safe, stay healthy, and please, please, please, keep writing.

cfumagocfumagoover 3 years ago
Thank you!

Really enjoyed it. I was quite taken by the whole story and I am envious of your talent.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

DreamCloud has some of the best stories. Another 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks for writting another great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved loved loved it!!!

stewartbstewartbabout 3 years ago

We have all been a little diminished losing one of our best writers.

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckerabout 3 years ago

As a writer who suffers from anxiety disorder, the dream of finding my own 'Mary' ranks pretty damned high. I've read this story at least a dozen times, and in spite of the occasional awkward wording, it is a true masterpiece. We really lost a good one when DreamCloud went.

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352about 3 years ago

Alright, I will be honest I was not sure if I was going to like this story. Now I have finished it, and I do not want it to end. Well done.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Another great story from the master. I only wish that DreamCloud could be convinced to start writing again here on Lit as he has so much to give as an author. Well Done 5++Stars

CaedynCaedynalmost 3 years ago

I have glad tidings for all of you DreamCloud fans. He is still writing, but on another site (Wattpad), using a different nom de plume (mdpotter55). He is currently writing an epic-length fantasy novel called “Unseen” that is nearing the end. Although his collection of stories on Lit are amazing, this latest work is my favorite. Give it a read! And while you’re at it, drop DreamCloud a note using direct feedback to express your appreciation for his works that he is giving away for free. That’s what I did, and that’s how I found out about his new writings. Enjoy!

Rabid_Reader_Rabid_Reader_over 2 years ago

Beautiful, just beautiful! 😭

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That ending was brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! Great job. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another five star read. What a pity this author has stopped writing for LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this is fun : usually DC makes me cry, now he lets me laugh

thankx for sharing

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 2 years ago

Dude, your stories need to be made into movies...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was awesome.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

OK, that did it! Another darn 5 for a story that sends me from confusion to ecstasy. DreamCloud just won't leave well enough alone. Ooooh I wish I had his talent ......

JakeRaderickJakeRaderickabout 2 years ago

Not enough stars - I needed at least five more! Brilliantly conceived of and written. Thank you DreamCloud for a truly lovely love story.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,is Melissa pregnant or was it to wind Janice up.?After all they are not married.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, people with anxiety disorders cope in various ways. A pet, a person (hopefully not treated as a pet), a “lucky” keychain or other item. Sometimes a period without the anxiety forms a run for a long time cure.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Read it a 2nd time. Very fairy-talish but still a wonderful 5*.

Too bad that author has seemingly stopped writing. Some of his stories, such as The Promise and The Rehab are the best stories in Literotica.

Giannis729Giannis729over 1 year ago

About accepting our loved ones flaws, and loving them all the more for them. A beautiful concept if the world could be convinced to accept it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did Janice say 'take you to new directions?' I thought she said 'nude erections'... Come on, who can say no to that?! Truly, that women never seen to accept that they are as beautiful as we men see them. My wife was being critical of some imagined flaw and asked my 'honest opinion'. I walked over to her, frowning, "Well there are a few things, easily fixed. You're too far away, my hands aren't on you, and you're still wearing clothes." After a long kiss and body hug/caress, I conceded, "All right, if you insist, you can keep the clothes."

Anon56

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

3 of the site's best love stories are by you.

It's too bad plagiarists have driven you from the site. You were one of the best.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

Love it! I'm a romantic at heart, and this is one of the best. I have but one criticism, and I don't believ3 thr error is yours. 5his one * believe is on that damned spell check word predictor program. I hate that shit with a passion and hope the originator of it has never ending bleeding hemorrhoidsI Leave our words alone, Let us make our own mistakes!

On page four is a paragraph beginning "Richard and I ate breakfast at a small coffee bistro." Then after a couple of sentences we read this: "He was an ecliptic reader, dabbling in a bunch of genres."

The word in your mind I'm sure was "eclectic" and not "ecliptic." All it took was one little typo and spell check seized the moment with great glee, I'm sure. Like I said: Bleeding hemorrhoids. Perpetual and desevedy so.

I loved this story and your writing. If you've stopped publishing here because of plagiarists as one comment says, I hope the plagiarists are being hunted down and dealt with in the judicial equivalent of perpetual hemorrhoids. Thanks for another great story.

tarkabukktarkabukkover 1 year ago

Oh my goodness, this was awesome…I loved it….

Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love it. One of the few stories that made me laugh out loud.

Dennis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am a tough “audience”, as I am not a huge fan of Romance stories, but DreamCloud’s are among the best of any kind of stories here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, too bad this author felt compelled to leave us. Maybe? Hopefully? DreamCloud has been scooped up by a paying publisher. It anyone knows where we can read more of this author’s wonderful work, please, post it here!

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 year ago

Absolutely great, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dreamcloud please come bavk this site really needs many more of your well crafted stories.

I've lost track of how often I've read this story.

Whenever I'm down it never fails to lifts me up.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Next chapter, please??!!! You just can't leave us hanging like this! Please??!!

LindsaygjLindsaygj12 months ago

What a brilliant piece of fiction - loved it! I suppose it’s too much to do an “Oliver “ and ask for “more please”!

quirkyone717quirkyone71712 months ago

About the best I have ever read on this site!

Ladydog1Ladydog110 months ago

When will this become a movie? Please…

DarknsDarkns9 months ago

@DreamCloud … you take me to another place. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another incredible story!

SatyrDickSatyrDick8 months ago

[29.08.23]

Another Top Shelf Story!

11/10 Purple Roses!!!!!

NitpicNitpic8 months ago
Another

Another first class story.

Giannis729Giannis7296 months ago

None of us are perfect, we've all got flaws. Some are endearing and others not so much so. The greatest things that we humans accomplish we do with love. We accept the imperfections of our loved ones and even find them endearing because of love. Nothing is insurmountable when we work together with love in our hearts.

*****

Phxray54Phxray546 months ago

Okay, so this story gets shifted from my 2nd reading to 3rd reading list. Why can’t I vote 3 times?

Ravey19Ravey195 months ago

Brilliant. San Antonio must be really nice to live in or visit. A different slant on the muse and a well constructed story it great rapport among Richard, Mary and Janice. Shame about Betty. But what a lovely way to end your story.

Love to read some new stories but understand why you wouldn't use Lit again.

SplashknotSplashknot3 months ago

Thank you for this story and the others I've read so far.

It's helping me smile and laugh and brings happiness to my heart while waiting for the divorce papers to arrive.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another one of your stories that belongs on a shelf instead of on this website, bravo

joeoggijoeoggiabout 2 months ago

Excellent writing. Bravo!

strawboystrawboy4 days ago

A good read. Well developed plot and characters.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous