The Music of the Mind Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes sir." I said in as strong a voice as I could manage.

He nodded and smiled large now. He reached over and gave my leg a hard squeeze before easing the truck into gear, and heading down the road.

* * * * *

"Mike wake up. Mike, are you okay?"

The voice was familiar, it called me out of the dream as my eyes tried to open. The light seemed unbearably bright as I looked up into a blurry face.

It took a moment to register in my brain, but it was my friend Jill, she had lived across from me for ten years in the same complex of condos. I blinked as her face swam into clearer focus. I struggled to push away the feeling of the cold, of the feel of the bounce of the old truck as the dream slowly left me.

"Hey you, you gave us all a right scare!" She smiled down at me. I looked around realizing I was in the hospital. The events of the last day slowly clawed their way to the surface. The box and its surprise occupant. I guess the genie had decided on the punishment route. Some reward I thought.

"Hey Jill." I croaked, my throat dry.

"Nice to see you lucid. You thirsty?" I nodded and she held a glass of water for me.

"How long have I been here?"

"Ten days, the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with you. What happened anyway, the back room where we found you at the store was a wreck."

I shook my head "I don't remember, I was unpacking something that is all I remember." I lied. Her face was serious.

"Well the doc's say you're okay, that is what matters."

My head hurt, and I found I had the oddest sensations coupled to the pain. It felt like a tremendous noise in my head, like your ears ringing but worse. It was like the sound of a million symphonies overlapping each other until they became just a static of noise.

"My head hurts; I have a lot of ringing in...my head."

"You want me to call the doc?" Jill looked nervous, and concerned.

"No. No. I'll be okay. It is probably just from banging my head or something."

"Okay. Look, I've got to get back to work, but I'll check in on you later. They said they would release you once you woke up, and you checked out. If you go home let me know, okay?"

"Yeah, sure, of course I will. I guess I missed Wednesday night movie night huh?"

She laughed, "Yeah, but it will keep. Your turn to make the popcorn though!"

"Okay, deal."

Jill leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. Suddenly there was a loud chime in my brain as her lips touched my head, then it immediately faded to the constant buzz as she pulled away.

"Don't scare me like that again okay?"

"Sorry, I'll try not to, I promise." I thought to myself, 'Yeah, I'll try not to free anymore pissed off genies in the near future.' She smiled, and again I felt that loud chime in my head as she looked at me, it felt as though it was coming from her. I shook my head lightly as if to clear the fog from it.

"Okay, I really gotta go. We'll talk later."

"Buy Jill."

She left and shortly after that I got the once over by the doctors. They said the noise in my head was likely from the fall I had received, and gave me some pain medication. They said it would pass, and signed my release forms for the next day.

12