The Night Before the Wedding

Story Info
Gay bar hookup has unforeseen, disastrous consequences.
9.6k words
77.6k
26
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: This story is dedicated to my good friend F.S., who is older than Lloyd, just as horny, and has the same charisma. The tale itself was inspired by his knack for collecting unusual propositions. It's a prequel to "Four Friends," also posted here. KN

*

Let me get one thing straight. I didn't go to my niece's wedding to ruin it. That's what my sister and brother-in-law told everyone, and it's not true. Why would anyone intentionally do a thing like that--cause the biggest family scandal in half a century and end up a total pariah?

I admit if I had kept my pants zipped none of this would have happened. But it takes two, and no matter what anyone says, I'm not the one who made the first move.

I wasn't even sure I would be invited to Kris's wedding. That's my niece, the youngest daughter of my only sister Katherine. Funny how the children in a family can turn out so different. Kath was such a carefree teenager, downright wild at times. I would never have expected her to marry a rich, conservative lawyer and become so straitlaced. Meanwhile, I came out of the closet after twenty-five years of marriage and two children. When word got around about my "conversion," which was the word my family settled upon, for a while there was no relationship between my sister and me. So it doesn't bother me too much that there isn't one now--we've just come full circle.

My older brother Art is something else. Katherine grudgingly sent me an invitation only after Art threatened to boycott the event himself if I was excluded. I heard later that she had asked him in the heat of their argument, "Are you absolutely sure he won't try anything funny in the bathroom during the reception?" which I thought was a ridiculous and insulting thing to say. Now, I have to admit, she might have had a point.

I'd give anything if my brother and I could go back to the way things were. Art feels that I slapped him in the face after he went to bat for me. I've apologized to him until my knees are black and blue, but it's still going to take time, lots of time, and we may never be the same.

This is what happened. I landed at LaGuardia the day before the wedding, having had a smooth flight from Dallas, where I live with my longtime partner Charlie. Katherine had absolutely refused to relent on that issue--Charlie was not welcome at the festivities. If I were there I would have to pretend to be the bachelor uncle. My decision to go anyway did not make Charlie happy, to say the least. When I'm in a mean mood I think my sister's karma simply caught up with her. If Charlie and I had been at the wedding as a happy couple none of this would have happened either. But there's no use thinking about that now.

I rented a car and drove to New Haven, where Katherine, her pompous husband and her family lived, and where the wedding was going to be. Being a last-minute addition to the guest list, I had no role in the actual event, so I wasn't in any hurry. I took the Merritt Parkway and enjoyed the drive. The Holiday Inn where the wedding party and guests were staying was downtown and I got checked in without any problem.

The first thing I wanted to do was to see Art, and thank him for his support. When I called the front desk and had them ring his room, though, he was out.

"If you're with the Fontaineau-Woodson wedding, sir," the helpful clerk volunteered, "I believe I heard some people talking about a rehearsal dinner at the New Haven Golf Club tonight."

It occurred to me that almost all of the relatives were probably there, at the dinner to which I had not received an invitation. It's true that I didn't know the groom or his family, but I suspected Kath was still finding ways to make me feel like a second-class citizen. I felt a slow burn starting inside me, but knew I didn't have the nerve to crash the event. I was stuck in a dull hotel in a strange city where I didn't know anyone.

Just in case I had any time to explore, I'd glanced at and xeroxed the New Haven pages in a gay travel guide that covered the Northeast. Compared to the dozens of pages on New York City, of course, the section on this town was sparse. Nevertheless, there were a few bars listed in the downtown area. I picked out one whose description said it was "low-key and friendly," which I hoped meant it wouldn't be deafeningly loud and overrun with young muscle queens. Sure, it can be fun watching the scene in that kind of a place, but I get tired of the smoke and getting attitude from guys half my age, just because I'm not blond, buff and twenty.

I looked at a map on one of the pages I had brought and discovered that the bar I had in mind was only a few blocks from the hotel. That decided me. It beat watching TV in my room, or calling Charlie and having him start in on me again about how I'd put my family ahead of him.

It was a pleasant spring evening. I walked past the stately buildings of Yale University and found a quick bite to eat near campus. When I finished my meal I looked at my watch. It was nine o'clock, still early.

I left the restaurant and walked toward where I thought the bar would be, feeling a familiar nervousness rise in me. I hadn't even started going to such places until I was well past forty and I still didn't feel comfortable doing it. At last I saw a modest neon sign in a darkened glass window: "Partners."

I walked around the block before I pushed the door open and walked in.

The place looked like it had been a bar of a more conventional type once, with lots of battered wood furniture and booths against the wall. Disco music was playing in some room further inside, but out where I was it wasn't too bad. Video screens hung in various locations near the ceiling, showing clips from what seemed to be old movie musicals. There was something sweet about that and I smiled. If nothing else, I could watch TV here instead in my hotel room.

Partners seemed to be a popular weekend hangout, judging from the number of people in it even this early. I worked my way to the bar and got myself a beer. At least I wasn't the only guy my age in the place, judging from the faces and bodies sitting here.

I jumped as a hand grabbed my butt. I turned and found myself looking into a ruddy face beneath a shock of silver hair. The cloudy eyes and slack jaw told me all I needed to know.

"You're cute," the man said. "New around here, aren't you?"

"Uh, yeah." He also had quite a beer belly going. Definitely not my type. Not that I was available anyway. Once in a great while I'd mess around in the steam room of the gym I went to at home, when the occasion presented itself and I got carried away. Chatting up someone here would be planned infidelity, though. I wasn't going to cross that line.

"Excuse me." I moved away across the room. He didn't try and follow me, thank God.

I settled into a spot against the wall and started watching videos. The minutes ticked by and the bar got more and more crowded, but no one else spoke to me. I saw a number of attractive older guys come in, but they were either in pairs or definitely not interested.

Despite myself my ego felt bruised. I wasn't that bad looking for a fortysomething (well, fifty-two, actually). I worked out regularly and still had most of my hair, even if it was graying. I was wearing a decently tight pair of jeans and my good leather jacket. So far the drunk at the bar was the only one who'd noticed any of this. I thought about why I was here in the first place and self-pity enveloped me.

I heaved a sigh and glanced at my watch again. Eleven-thirty. I was finishing my third beer. The video clips were repeating--I'd seen Ann Miller kick up her heels on the soup can once already this evening. Maybe it was time to pack it in before I gave myself lung cancer from the secondhand smoke. It wasn't too late to call home, either.

I looked around the bar for what I thought was the last time. Then I noticed the newcomer standing against the wall near the entrance.

He was young, little more than a boy. His slender body was clad in a suit and tie, more formal than most of the clientele. He had dark straight hair above a face that was smooth and unlined, the cheeks even a bit pudgy, what we used to call a baby face. His square, determined chin and thick, bushy eyebrows, though, gave him character. I had a feeling he had a nice smile, though at the moment he wasn't smiling.

He was, however, looking at me with a pair of dark eyes.

I glanced around quickly, pretending I hadn't noticed, then looked in his direction again. There was no possible doubt--he was staring at me.

Normally I never would have done what I did. It was late, though, and I was tired, lonely, and more than a little drunk.

I looked straight at him, pointed at my chest and raised my eyebrows as high as I could, as if to say: "You're looking at ME?"

I had been right about the smile--it was radiant. I drew in my breath, and my heartbeat quickened its pace. If I'd only had the strength to resist right then I would have saved myself a lot of grief. But I didn't.

I smiled back and shrugged my shoulders. He left his place against the wall and came over to where I was standing. Up close my first impressions were confirmed. He was young enough to be my son, and as pretty as anything I'd seen in a long time.

I was terrified of saying the wrong thing, but even more scared he'd leave if I didn't say anything. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth.

"You're not drinking anything."

He shook his head, and smiled again. "I just got here." His voice was surprisingly deep and resonant.

"Can I buy you something?"

He shrugged. "Sure."

Unbelievably, he was still standing, waiting for me when I got back with his drink. He toasted me before he took his first sip. I reciprocated with my almost empty beer, dazed at my luck.

We must have chatted while he drank, but I have no idea about what. I did learn his name--Jason, and told him mine. I said something about how he looked too spiffy for the dive we were in.

"I've come from another party. More formal than this one." He was having to lean close to me to make himself heard and his alcohol-scented breath tickled my ear most delightfully.

"Really? You're having quite a night."

He poked me gently in the stomach. "It just got better." A pause. "I guess you can tell I've already had a couple."

His smooth cheeks were flushed. Did he even shave yet? "You going to be all right?"

"Sure, as long as someone takes me home. You are going to take me home, right?" He hooked an arm over my shoulder.

I was vaguely aware of some nearby loner shooting an envious glance at me. I felt like turning and shrugging at him. It certainly hadn't been anything I'd done.

I looked into Jason's hypnotic, slightly glassy eyes and said the words that sealed my fate. "Sure. Where's home?"

I did a double take at his answer. "Really, I'm staying there too." That should have been a warning, but by then I was too drunk and horny myself to pick up on it. "We can walk back together."

"Great. You ready?" Just like that, I'd scored.

We left the bar and started down the street. Jason walked with his hands in his pockets, looking straight ahead. He'd had quite a bit to drink but was holding it well--there was a dignity to his stride that belied his youthful looks. I was oddly touched by this almost-boy, as well as charmed. I wanted to find out more about him, get to know him, ask him why he had chosen me of all people. I was afraid, though, that if I did, he might change his mind. My responsible self might return, demanding to know why I was cheating on my partner with someone half my age.

I don't know what thoughts were going through Jason's mind, but he didn't attempt to break the silence between us until we reached the street where the Holiday Inn was. Then he turned to me.

"Is it okay if we go in one of the side doors? I kind of need to be discreet."

I nodded. I didn't particularly want to chance the lobby myself, even at this hour.

We got inside. Jason gestured with his head. "Let's take the stairs."

My room was only on the third floor, but in our inebriated state this route proved to be heavy going. Jason, walking ahead of me, tripped and fell to his knees on a landing just past the second floor. I bent beside him to make sure he was okay and he sagged against me. His laugh echoed up and down the stairwell.

"Shhh," I hissed, though I was laughing myself, made giddy by this crazy adventure.

All of a sudden his hand was on my head, drawing my mouth to his. His lips were soft, his tongue eager. My cock leaped inside my jeans.

I broke away. "You've got to cut it out, or I'll jump your bones right here."

He leaned back against the cinder block wall, his dark eyes smoldering with challenge. "Who's stopping you?"

Some last bit of sanity prevented me from unzipping him right there on the concrete steps. I held out my hand. "Come on. My bed's softer."

He took it. We staggered up one last flight of steps and down the hall to my room.

I'd barely gotten my jacket off before Jason was all over me, frantic with lust in the way only the young can be. First he kissed me as if trying to suck my tongue out of my mouth, then he was on his knees, pulling open the buttons on my 501s and engulfing my cock to the root. I had to stop him after only a few moments.

"Slow down, or I'll cum right now," I said, grasping his head.

He let me go and looked up. "So? You can do it again, right?"

I had to laugh at that one. "We slow down as we get older, hon. I'm a one-shot deal."

"When I was in high school, I could cum three or four times a day."

"I believe it," I said, pulling him to his feet. I relieved him of his suit jacket and started working on the knot in his tie. "Let's see what's underneath these clothes."

When I got him naked I stopped, gazing silently at his body.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Nothing at all." I was embarrassed to find my eyes watering. "You're perfect."

And he was, at least to me. His body was taut and compact, with just enough muscle in the right places. I'd forgotten that men in their twenties can naturally have visible abs without having to work at it. I traced the cleft in the middle of his torso from his belly button up to his chest, circling one large, pink nipple. With my other hand I took the long, straight, cut cock that stood out almost vertically from the sparse tuft of hair between his legs, feeling his precum wet my palm. He shivered, and his eyelids fluttered.

"Nice." He kissed me again. His hands unbuttoned my shirt and slid inside.

I had one bad moment when we were on the bed and he had stripped the last piece of clothing from me. He gazed down at my middle-aged body and I held my breath. Warmth flooded into me when he smiled and began nuzzling at my chest hair.

"I love hair," he said.

"I'm glad," I said, putting my arms around him.

"You remind me of my high school gym teacher."

"That's good, right?"

"Oh, yeah. He was the first man I had sex with. It was senior year. One day I hung around late after gym class and saw Mr. Suraci coming out of the shower with a towel around his waist. I waited until he'd walked into his office, then I barged in just as he dropped his towel, pretending I needed a hall pass. It didn't take long for him to figure out what I really wanted."

Jason's hands and mouth never stopped roving over my body while he talked. I was only half listening to his tale.

"Ever since, I've had a thing for older men. Guess it's imprinting, or something."

He had kissed his way down my abdomen, and now grasped my leaking cock. "Mr. Suraci didn't have a dick like yours, though."

I lay back and groaned as he worked on me with his mouth. All too soon I had to stop him again. Jason sighed in mock exasperation.

"I know, I know, you have to save it. I know where I want it anyway--up my ass."

I shook my head. "We can't. I don't have any rubbers."

His face fell. "Aw, shit. Really? Damn."

He wheedled a bit, but I was adamant. As a consolation prize I sucked him off with one of my fingers thrust up his tight hole, working his firm, small prostate. He moaned and thrashed and shot a most satisfactory load, every drop of which I swallowed, safety be damned.

He lay back on the bed with a tremendous sigh, his needs momentarily taken care of. After a bit he stirred and smiled drowsily into my eyes.

"Give me a moment and I'll get you off."

I shook my head. "No hurry."

"But I owe you one."

I took him in my arms and put my lips to his soft, thick hair. "Who's keeping score? Besides, it's been an honor just having you here. A wonderful present for an old man like me."

For the first time that night a shadow passed over Jason's face. "An honor, huh? Maybe not." He stared at the ceiling. "I still wish you could have fucked me."

I felt the same. "Well, what are you doing tomorrow night?"

He rolled his eyes and snorted, startling me. "What? What did I say?"

Jason shook his head. "Nothing, Lloyd." He sighed again. "Guess it's confession time."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, for starters, my name's not Jason. What I mean is, people don't call me that. That's my middle name. My first name's Ben. Ben Woodson."

A faint alarm sounded in my mind. "Wait a minute--"

"You've probably seen it plastered up all over this hotel. The entire second floor's reserved tomorrow for the Fontaineau-Woodson wedding reception."

The realization struck me like a blow. "You're Ben Woodson. Oh my god."

Of course, Ben had no idea who I was. He didn't notice my sudden discomfiture, but continued talking, more to himself than to me.

"Yep, as of tomorrow I'll be a happily married man. So tonight I was sowing my wild oats, I guess. That's why I wanted to get fucked so bad. It was my last chance."

I was still stunned, but also starting to be curious. "Have you always swung both ways?"

"Actually, no. Hopefully Kris will set me on the straight and narrow. She's the first girl I've ever met that I've felt this way about."

"Ben." I was growing alarmed. "You don't strike me as someone who's confused about himself."

A trace of bravado reappeared. "I've always known pretty much what I want."

"Well, what makes you think you can just give up men?"

Ben fidgeted. "I just will. I want other things more. A wife, kids, a normal life."

"Oh Jesus." I clapped my hand to my forehead.

"What the fuck do you know about it?" Ben glared at me. "Easy for you to say, going to bars, tricking with whoever, never settling down. Tough life."

I glared back. "I was married for twenty-five years. I have two children." And a partner who was waiting for me back home, I might have said, but didn't.

Uncertainty flickered in his face. Then his chin rose again. I kept trying to get through.

"You'll be miserable. Your wife will be miserable too. Do you really want to put her through that?"

He looked away.

"I tried not to be gay too, Ben. Take it from me, it won't work."

"I love Kris. I know I do. And she loves me."

"You haven't told her everything, have you?"

He tried, but couldn't meet my eyes.

"I loved my ex-wife, too. Still do. I loved her all the time I was tricking with men on the side."

"Damn it, why are you saying this shit?" He was still defiant, but I heard the desperation in his voice.

"I don't know. I like you. You're a sweet man. If you love her, Ben, don't do this to her."

Another silence. Abruptly Ben sat up, hugging his knees tightly. His back was a pale, perfect curve, corded with muscle, studded with bone.

"Then what the hell am I going to do?"

I embraced him from behind, talking into his ear. "Call off the wedding. First thing in the morning. It's not too late."

He shook his head, his jaw trembling. "I can't. They're all here to see it. Kris is so happy. I can't call it off. I'm trapped..."